• Green Party: Elizabeth May

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Independent

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
She's crazy :lol:

You know the Greens are the only major party for the legalization of marijuana? :lol:

EDIT:

I don't think anyone expected this kind of gain, I'm still in utter shock about this, it's been such a crazy week of stuff I didn't see coming. Osama bin Laden's death, a Harper majority, and the biggest one of all, the NDP forming the opposition. Crazy, the Liberals, the powerhouse party which ran this country for almost all of the 20th century, has been split and destroyed to the point where Ignatieff lost his own riding.

Actually, Jack Layton wanted to have an open discussion about the decriminalization of marijuana.

Actually, Jack Layton wanted to have an open discussion about the decriminalization of marijuana.

That would be nice, but it's probably a pipe dream now considering the Conservative majority.

NOTE: I'm not a stoner, I just don't care if other people want to use it.

Well noob, you've just witnessed another of the sea-changes in Canadian politics that I was talking about. If you find it shocking, you need to bear in mind that in the 1984 election, the Liberals went from holding a solid majority of 147 seats to losing 107 seats & handing the Tories a record (211 seat) majority. Even more spectacularly, nine years later, in the 1993 election the Tories went from holding 169 seats to TWO.

I believe in this election, the critical factor for the Tories was the willingness of Ontario voters to move beyond their suspicion of the re-born Conservative Party's (& Harper's) Reform roots & accept it (& him) as a more Centre-Right party in the PC tradition. If Harper tries to use this majority to move too far to the right, I think Ontario will vote him out next time around.

I think Ignatieff was the problem for the Liberals, not so much their policies. When someone so replusive is the public face of a party,

"Repulsive"? Really?! He certainly didn't seem to be able to connect with voters, but I don't see anything "repulsive" about Ignatieff. Then again, Stephen Harper's not exactly "Mr. Personality".

So the Greens finally got a seat and it comes from BC. That is not stereotypical at all...

:lol: I love this province! :D

Glad to see the Bloc completely demolished. Not huge on the Conversative majority at first, but would be nice to see a functioning government for a change.

I swore that my riding was going to elect the Green Party candidate, cause there are a lot of stoners around here. And if marijuana was legal, there would be a parade in the streets.

Well, congratulations to Harper and the Conservatives for finally earning the trust of enough Canadians to be bestowed with a majority government. It's long overdue - Canadians have had enough of the bickering among politicians. I'm quite glad to see it - I was amazed at the NDP surge in Quebec though - I'm also really proud of Quebec for voting federalist for a change. It was very gratifying to see.

I don't particularly like the NDP, but it will be interesting to see them as the official opposition. I find it interesting that Canadians voted for our two bookend parties in such numbers - maybe this will finally hammer home the message to the Liberals to elect a better leader...

It also felt good to cast my vote for the first time.
:)

Latest Posts

Back