Series Format:
-5 races over 5 weeks
[5 race nights total (4 best nights are kept)]
-15 minute warmup
-10 minute qualifying
-35 minute Race

-Light Damage
-1x Tire wear/1x Fuel Consumption requiring pitstop strategies
-Penalties OFF (Steward and Peer Governed)

-911 Turbo (930) '81
-295hp (stock)
-2465lbs (lowest weight possible)
-Racing Hard tires

ALL ADDITIONAL SERIES INFORMATION CAN BE FOUND BELOW

1.) Race Scheduling and Event Related Information Hub: NEW SCHEDULE TBD

Season Race Schedule
-Blue Moon Speedway Infield A (5/29/20)
-Dragon Trail Gardens (6/5/20)
-Brands Hatch GP (6/12/20)
-Laguna Seca (6/19/20)
- Spa (finale) (6/26/20)
to be linked
Race night schedule
The schedule below is a guide to stay within a 2 hour time window, but may vary depending on issues throughout the night.
-7:45pm est: RACE ROOM IS OPEN (or Reset) for ENTRIES ONLY- *Warm up laps are permitted* (Verify your placement before making your entry.)
-8:00pm est: All previously confirmed driver entries must be in by this time. (Standby drivers will be notified via a posted invite in the thread if grid openings are available)

The Host or Series Director will instruct all Drivers to begin Open 10 minute Qualifying. Run as many laps as you choose to set a time. Do not return to lobby for tuning or cancel your entry at any time during this Open Qualifying session. Park your car in a safe area on track or return to pits (do not cancel entry) if finished lapping early.

*(Drivers entering the race room late, after 8:00pm est, may still make their entry and set laps using the remaining time available up to the start of Race 1 if a vacant spot is still available)*

At approximately 8:10pm est, the Series Director or Host will instruct all drivers to line up past sector 1. Qualifying times will be Recorded, and Race 1 will be started at 8:15pm est.

Feature Race will be Started at 8:15pm est.
-8:15pm-8:50pm est: Feature Race
-8:50-9:00pm: Race finish, record scores, save replays, and conclude the night.
Standard Lobby Settings
Basic Settings
Room Mode: Practice/Race
Room Privacy: Public *

Room Settings
Room Name: Vintage Porsche 911 Cup Event #1-5 (Date)- Members only
Race Type: Race for Real
Fixed Room Ownership: No **
Max no of participants: 16
Required Sportsmanship Rating --
Required Sportsmanship Rating --

Track Settings
Track: As per Race Date
Select Condition: per Event Details Post
No. of Laps: Laps to equal 35 minutes

Race Settings
Start Type: Grid Start
Grid Order: Fastest First
Boost: None
Slip Stream Strength: Real
Visible Damage: On
Mechanical Damage: Light
Tire Wear: 1x
Fuel Consumption: 1x
Initial Fuel: Default
Grip Red. On Wet Track / Track Edge: Real
Race Finish Delay: 120 sec
Overtaking System Usage Time Multiplier: Default

Qualifier Settings
Time Limit: none
Qualifying Continuation Time: none
Tire Wear during Qualifying: N/A
Fuel Consumption Qualifying: N/A

Regulation Settings
Filter by Category: N300
Balance of Performance: Off
Power Limit: 295hp
Weight: 2461lbs
Maximum Tire Rating: Racing Hard (RH)
Minimum Tire Rating: Racing Hard (RH)
Livery Restrictions: No Limit
Type of Racing Number: No Limit
Assign Car Number Automatically: None
Tuning: No Limit
Kart Usage: Off
Ghosting During Race: None
Shortcut Penalty: None
Wall Collision Penalty: None
Wall Collision Detection: Default
Side Contact Penalty: Off
Correct Vehicle Course After Wall Collission: Off
Replace Car at Course Out: Off
Flag Rules: Off

Limit Driving Options
Countersteering Assist: Prohibited
Active Stability Management (ASM): Prohibited
Driving Line Assist: Prohibited
Traction Control: Prohibited
ABS: Prohibited
Auto-Drive: Prohibited

Notes:

* There seems to be a glitch that not all friends can find a Friends Only room

** Friends Only room only allows for Fixed Host. Special permission is required to set up a Fixed Host lobby

*** In case manual lineup is required, there is and option to set grid manually.
-7:45pm est: RACE ROOM IS OPEN (or Reset) for ENTRIES ONLY- *Warm up laps permitted* (Verify your placement before making your entry.)

-8:00pm est: All previously confirmed driver entries must be in by this time. (Standby drivers will be notified via a posted invite in the thread if grid openings are available)

The Host or Series Director will instruct all Drivers to begin Open 10 minute Qualifying. Run as many laps as you choose to set a time. Do not return to lobby for tuning or cancel your entry at any time during this Open Qualifying session. Park your car in a safe area on track or return to pits (do not cancel entry) if finished lapping early.

*(Drivers entering the race room late, after 8:00pm est, may still make their entry and set laps using the remaining time available up to the start of Race 1 if a vacant spot is still available)*

At approximately 8:10pm est, the Series Director or Host will instruct all drivers to line up past sector 1. Qualifying times will be Recorded, and Feature Race will be started by 8:15pm est

(2.) Driver Related Information Hub
16 points: 1st
15 points: 2nd
14 points: 3rd
13 points: 4th
12 points: 5th
11 points: 6th
10 points: 7th
9 points: 8th
8 points: 9th
7 points: 10th
6 points: 11th
5 points: 12th
4 points: 13th
3 points: 14th
2 points: 15th
1 point: 16th

*No bonus points for pole or fast laps
Driver Roster
1.)
Knowing that all drivers are not always going to make a race night and to nearly guarantee a full grid, we will be carrying a driver roster of at least 22 drivers. This series will not distinguish between Primary and Reserve Driver status.

All Drivers signed up for this series are eligible to confirm attendance for Race Night as a full time primary driver.

Confirmation of Attendance Policy
1.) By Monday afternoon, of the week of Race Night, a "Confirmation to Attend" post tagging ALL Drivers will be posted in the thread as a reminder to confirm your status for race night, however, Drivers may Confirm at anytime between Events by posting in the thread. Any and all Confirmations can be made up to 7pm est of Race Night.
2.) The first 16 drivers to reply in the thread "Attending" guarantees themselves a position on the grid up to the start of qualifying at 7:45pm est.

*Dont be Late to make your entry*

[Race Room will be opened by 7:30pm est. Entries must be in by 7:45pm est to guarantee your grid spot. (Any Top 16 confirmed drivers running late may proceed to race room after 8:00pm est if vacancies are still showing at that time.)]
**Confirmed drivers outside the top 16 are encouraged to be on standby to fill last minute no shows, call outs, and/or late arrivals without prior notice**
3.) At 8:00pm est, I will PSN message all remaining confirmed drivers here in the thread inviting them into the Race Room with the number of grid spots available. First Driver(s) to make it into the Race Room will be granted the vacant grid spots.
"FIRST COME FIRST SERVE"
-Do not enter the Race Room before
the Invite message is recieved on PSN
4.) Once you are in the race room, make your entry and begin open qualifying.

This process is set up to reward those drivers who are most ready and committed to run this series.

All drivers are encouraged to make sure you have this thread in "Watch" status so that posts and notifications are received.

3.) Vehicle Information and Regulations Hub
-Vehicle to be used:
Vehicle Info
-911 Turbo (930) '81
-295hp (stock)
-2465lbs (lowest weight possible)
-Racing Hard tires
-Stock Wheel style (any color)
-Vintage styled/inspired livery of your choice
-tuning permitted
-NO ABS allowed.
-Vintage styled/inspired livery of your choice
-Must use stock wheels, any color

4.) Penalty Reporting and Information Hub
Drivers may file incidents after the last race on Friday race night to Monday at 8pm est of the same weekend.

Penalty filing instructions
-Submit your incident(s) by filing via pm to the Chief Steward, all supporting stewards, and the offending driver by including the information listed below.
List of Stewards and Volunteers
II-NOVA-II (Chief Steward)
(Steward)
(Steward)
(Steward)

Incident filing PM's must include the following in this order for each incident to be accepted:
*Tag: Stewards and Driver you are filing against
*Conversation Title: "Your PSN ID": IR filed against "PSN ID of driver you are filing on"
*Include the following information in the report:

-PSN name of the driver being filed against
-Your PSN name
-Race Number the incident occurred (Race 1,2,3)
-the lap number that the incident occurred
-the time the incident occurred (Use time posted in the middle of the screen)
-description of the incident being filed

(Multiple offenses filed on the same driver may be included in the same group PM)

The offending driver may plead his/her side within the group pm by 8pm est Monday, 10 days after the night Raced.

After the 1 week rebuttle period has ended,(Monday 8pm of Race weekend to the following Monday at 8pm) the Chief Steward and/or any support stewards will review all incidents filed and submit a ruling in the respective incident group pm by 6pm Friday of the next race event.

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD AN INCIDENT BE FILED OR DISCUSSED IN THE MAIN THREAD, IN RACE, OR THE INGAME LOBBY. IF THIS OCCURS, A MANDATORY UNSPORTSMANLIKE CONDUCT PENALTY OF UP TO 50 POINTS WILL BE DEDUCTED FROM THE SEASON'S TOTAL, AND POSSIBLY A 2 EVENT SUSPENSION FROM THE SERIES AT THE STEWARD's DECISION AND DISCRETION

The Stewards will be utilizing the penalty guidelines set up and used within the Snail Spec Racing Series. Follow the link below for:
Penalty judging Guidlines
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/snail-olr-policies-and-guidelines.332619/#post-12630811

All Stewards are to review a replay of an incident in question and reply to the PM with their opinion as to what "Level" the incident falls under, and a recommended point value within selected level to deduct.
*The Chief Steward will make a final review of all incidents filed, taking into account any rebuttals and the other Steward's grading of the incidents and will make a final ruling for issuing penalty points.

**Please Note: If the Chief Steward deems, in any way, the lead driver lost control, and the chase driver attempts to brake or evade, but still makes contact, no penalty may be issued at the Chief Steward's discretion. **

At a 10 week season's end, the results sheet will be reviewed for each driver. All repeat offenders of the rules of this league will be reviewed by the Chief Steward and Steward Corp on a severity and case by case basis. If the review reflects a consistency or lack of improvement, the Chief Steward may recommend removal from the series by a peer to peer judgement .

Penalty points will be shown in the Overall Season Standings Scoresheet and will be deducted from the event score it was recieved and from following event scores until cleared.
This series will be adhering to the following linked OLR and good racecraft guidelines when deciding fault for any reported incidents.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/snail-olr-policies-and-guidelines.332619/#post-12630786. **
**Note: Disregard Snail OLR, Section 14: "Incident Reporting Instructions". This Series will have it's own Reporting policy and Instructions in the tabs below**
To be linked

To be linked
to be linked

If you would like to participate in this series, please post this intention in the thread.
-Also, You will be added to the driver roster to be tagged in a confirmation post when a scheduled race night is approaching.

EZ View Driver Roster

Driver Profiles Page

All drivers from other series have been tagged in the next post.
Series idea suggested by @CPT_RowdyGiff :cheers:

Interest Check Link

Last edited:
Committed to Series -
No ABS isn’t toooo difficult - so far?
Hope you have some Warm Up events to get a feel for the car, etc.

Last edited:
I'm typically not a fan as gt sport isn't the best at simulating it, but it does make this car feel more authentic. If consensus seems to show it as too much a nuisance we will adjust as needed to using it if it provides better racing.

You know what. Add me to this. I like this idea.

No abs. Gonna have to drive the car without help and deal with the stress of the aged car. Even if I lose its worth it.

You know what. Add me to this. I like this idea.

No abs. Gonna have to drive the car without help and deal with the stress of the aged car. Even if I lose its worth it.
Awesome:tup:. And I'm of the same mindset. Rather be slower with the authenticity it brings using the older car and added Challenge of trying to make it work. I'll have you added to the roster.:cheers:

Gonna be a lot of tire smoke, but I changed my vote to no abs. It’s really not that bad, though tire wear could be an issue. This is where that brake mod that came with pedals could come in handy..... if only I knew where I put it....

Last edited:
I don't know if I did this or not or if there are reserve spots open. I'm supposed to replace Drummers place for this Friday. I confirm I will be there (Flight lands in Florida at 3 wooo!). @llNovall I need you to resend the livery link again. I got an error trying to download it to my collection.

I got you on the list to cover his open spot.Glad you will be able to make it this Friday, and excited to have you on the grid with us. I'll send over the livery shortly. Btw, this is the thread for another series to start up in January to be a filler series between the Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge and the Lamborghini Super Trofeo series I have going. Check it out.
I'll get that livery link to you, and see you on Friday.:cheers:

For anyone wanting to try out this car before signing up, drive the car at specs with stock suspension and diff, then apply the tune pictured below. Our trusty friend Priano pulled out another great tune for this car. It is now engaging and fun to drive rather than frustrating and exhausting. I ran it with and without abs and both felt great.
20191210_112528.jpg
20191210_112540.jpg

Back