Car of the Week 228: COTY GTS Finale

• Thread starter Racer283
  • 3,110 comments
Let's see who can get closest to the secret numbers for both games... The winner will receive a month's supply of special internet cookies!!!
I loathe DT Gardens and GT7 physics are still alien to me, but I would love Baron's website preferences, usernames, and passwords.

GTS:

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20220727124602.png

GT7:

Gran Turismo® 7_20220730152732.png

Also, I'm getting really tired from real life. Reviews are coming at a snail's pace. I'm sorry.

It's Week 196 of Car of the Week. Do you know what that means? It means I'm surrendering my reign of terror (and incompetence) back to its rightful owner and now happily wed, @Racer283 !

"Power never goes away; the best you can do is to seize it", is one of the best quotes from the HITMAN series. And thus, Racer seized the power to... give us all power? That's right, because this week, the married man has chosen the...

2015 Lamborghini Aventador LP 750-4 Superveloce as this week's car!

Lingotto_.jpeg

After my honeymoon in Switzerland and Italy, why not bring out one of big Italian companies cars for this week. It feels like Lamborghini doesn't get chosen that often so why not bring out the SV.

I did go to an Automobile Museum in Italy which so happens Turin is home to Fiat and Lancia. I do have photos from the museum that will get posted at sometime. At the museum I did see some vintage Ferraris, Alfa Romeo, Fiat, Lancia and a few others but they did have some American and British Cars and vintage F1 cars on display. I did come across a Lamborghini Diablo SE and Murcielago SV.

Be sure to be there tomorrow at 10 P.M. CST for Racer's last sporty pick! I have a feeling that his picks nine months from now will be SUVs, MPVs, and family hatchbacks...

Ahhh, the awesome SV! Puh, it's realy not easy to extract the limit out of this car. Certainly more difficult, than with the Taycan, Enzo, and strangely enough...even the standard Aventador. Nonetheless, it's obviously incredibly fast. It does sound nice too. And the look is just sexy! I did expect a better laptime, than this, but then again, it's probably one more case, where the downforce isn't being simulated all that accurately and the SH tyre compound might not be a realistic representation of the real one.
Driven stock on hard sport tyres without any driving aids, except ABS. First lap in third person view, second one in cockpit view and third one in cinematic replay view. All driven laps are the same lap.

Did a 07.12.492 on the Nords with it.

Nordschleife rivals:

Tsukuba rivals:

Verdict: neutral I guess?

Playing with Both TT's part 2...

Last week we took a look at quite possibly the best of the Group 3 Road cars... The Peugeot RCZ. Yes, it has had a lot of attention thrown at it by Polyphony Digital, and for us and the car itself, it has paid off in spades. I chose the Dragon Trail Gardens to showcase its prowess, as it is vastly under-used and just because I really despise Seaside. Hate, hate hate HATE that track!!! But enough about that...

In GTSport, I'm comfy with this MR beast. But admittedly, I've been a fan of this version of the French Audi TT for quite some time. This configuration just works... and quite well to boot. 1:43.626 is what I could get from this car track combo.

In GT7's version of Time Trials, this happens... 1:48.478 in the same car, on the very same track but on a different game. Almost 5 seconds difference. Certainly not the numbers I was looking for!

The things that make you go HMMMMM!

This was fun because I love the car and the track! The contrast between the two cars was shocking. In GTS the RCZ has a lot of front end grip and the way it turns in sharply took me by surprise. It's much tamer in GT7 and actually a bit boring by comparison, though much easier to drive. I couldn't resist a little competion @Baron Blitz Red. I think my times are respectable. :cheers:

GT Sport 1:43.402
1659546843749.jpeg

GT7 1:46.941
1659546736872.jpeg

Really glad to see that I wasn't the only one hemorrhaging more than 3 seconds transitioning to GT7 physics! :lol: I thought it was just me!

@Baron Blitz Red I think your RCZ in GTS has a race transmission. Also, who got closest to the magic secret number and thus the special internet cookies? I really like this format, because it prevents Vic from just nuking us all :lol:

@Draggon ... I wouldn't or couldn't expect anything else from you... we have had some exceptionally close results in our past, and seemingly still do. Excellent!!!

@XSquareStickIt ... glad you're liking this, I'm hoping to try and work things out so we might continue this mini game, depending on the others of course. As for your question, Nobody has achieved my secret formula yet... which surprises me. As for the racing transmission, I will investigate and rectify that if needed. Thanks for pointing it out to me!

Cheers

Racer now has the reins of COTW back, but he's using it to make me do all his work while he claims all the credit!

This week's car is chosen by our Snoopy–shooting, #66 loving, crimson–clad Canadian @Baron Blitz Red , who has chosen a NSX–beating, #36 bearing, orange and white 2016 au TOM'S RC F GT500 as this week's car! (Eh, close enough, I guess?)

Front Straight_.jpeg

Now, the question is... will we "Experience Amazing" when playing with both TT's? Or will we find out why 2016 was the last year Lexus ran the RC F? See you all on Tuesday, 10 p.m. CST!

Last edited:
Racer now has the reins of COTW back, but he's using it to make me do all his work while he claims all the credit!

This week's car is chosen by our Snoopy–shooting, #66 loving, crimson–clad Canadian @Baron Blitz Red , who has chosen a NSX–beating, #36 bearing, orange and white 2016 au TOM'S RC F GT500 as this week's car! (Eh, close enough, I guess?)

Now, the question is... will we "Experience Amazing" when playing with both TT's? Or will we find out why 2016 was the last year Lexus ran the RC F? See you all on Tuesday, 10 p.m. CST!
Awesome rocket. Surprisingly quicker (even if ever so slightly), than the NSX Gr. 2 offering. Rather wild thing, compared to the other 2 Gr. 2 2016 offerings, although the NSX is also quite a handful. I managed a 05.59.134. Driven stock on hard racing tyres without any driving aids, except ABS. First lap in third person view, second one in cockpit view and third one in cinematic replay view. All driven laps are the same lap.

Honestly can not wait to share the hot lap with you...in...2024! :P (16.08.2024 to be exact, so in exactly 2 years and...5 days :P)

Verdict: slight sleeper?

Awesome rocket. Surprisingly quicker (even if ever so slightly), than the NSX Gr. 2 offering. Rather wild thing, compared to the other 2 Gr. 2 2016 offerings, although the NSX is also quite a handful. I managed a 05.59.134. Driven stock on hard racing tyres without any driving aids, except ABS. First lap in third person view, second one in cockpit view and third one in cinematic replay view. All driven laps are the same lap.

Honestly can not wait to share the hot lap with you...in...2024! :P (16.08.2024 to be exact, so in exactly 2 years and...5 days :P)

Verdict: slight sleeper?

Oh sure, share your GTS hot lap video 2 years after the release of GT7.

Why are you holding back on them? And what time did you manage with the 2016 GT-R and NSX GT500, if you don't mind sharing?

I was really looking forward to challenging Vic as the fastest driver in COTW but network issues buried me in the lobby this past week.

Maybe... you need to play with some TT's? I'm sure Vic will respond on whatever track you pick. Maybe go do it on Horse Thief Mile? :lol:

Oh sure, share your GTS hot lap video 2 years after the release of GT7.

Why are you holding back on them? And what time did you manage with the 2016 GT-R and NSX GT500, if you don't mind sharing?

Maybe... you need to play with some TT's? I'm sure Vic will respond on whatever track you pick. Maybe go do it on Horse Thief Mile? :lol:

Mate, it's how my next project works. From 01.01.2023 every two days one GTS hot lap, until all cars are shown. Starting with the slowest car, and working the way up to the fastest.

So, the NSX managed a 05.59.341, and the GT-R a 05.58.323. I personally liked the NSX lap the most out of the three, although it is the slowest. The lap was simply more on the limit, than the other two. It just looks awesome. I'm not showing off, I just love the car and love seeing cars on the limit. I am aware, that here on this site alone, there are quite a few players, who could probably get it even under a 06.55.

Last edited:
That Lexus was hooked up! The grip was amazing, over the limit was pretty neutral, maybe leaning a bit towards understeer, but what a fun car to drive. Engine has a decent sound and the gears were pretty sweet in stock trim. Had a couple goos races with it, could almost keep up with Vic at a couple tracks. Really loved this car and didnt expect to, so i guess my verdict is sleeper.
I do love a high downforce car though, so maybe a bit biased to these gr2 machines.

I have been chosen to choose the next COTW. All of you know what it means: I'll take the slowest car possible!
xdIQGaB.gif

BUT, there's...
tenor (24).gif

To my utter disappointment, I can only give you the 10th! slowest car of the game, as apparently the 9 slowest have already been tested.
tenor (8).gif

In all seriousness, the one I've chosen is a neat little car, that is actually fun to drive, so enjoy! :)

A little twitchy quicky :P

I managed a 09.47.604. Driven stock on hard sports tyres without any driving aids, except ABS. First lap in third person view, second one in cockpit view and third one in cinematic replay view. All driven laps are the same lap.

Verdict: sleeper

Last edited:
What a pleasant surprise this car was.
I was just loathing the thought of another gutless, soulless, flat, uninspiring low horsepower car I can't drive due to lack of inspiration,. But low and behold, this car has true soul, a high reving engine, rear wheel drive and actual ballance! This car can be thrown around, or driven delicately and still have pace. I LOVED our evening of racing this beauty of a car. There were lots of close battles, it was hard to pull away as the draft was so good in this machine. Nobody was walking away on this one.
Vic as always was king, but I feel I put in a good fight with this one.
One of my favorites this year for sure.
Thats comming from a guy who lives for high speed high downforce cars. So safe to say, I'm gonna have to go with sleeper.
Best choice from you yet Alex, ;)

A current list of all not yet used cars for COTW:

ALFA ROMEO (2)
4C Launch Edition 2014 (N200)
Giulia TZ2 Carrozzata da Zagato CN.AR750106 1965 (Gr.X)

Alpine (3)
Vision Gran Turismo 2017 (Gr.1)
Vision Gran Turismo (Gr.X)
Vision Gran Turismo Race Mode (Gr.X)

ASTON MARTIN (5)
DB3S CN.1 1953 (Gr.X)
DB11 2016 (N600)
DP-100 Vision Gran Turismo (Gr.X)
Vantage Gr.4 (Gr.4)
Vulcan 2016 (N800)

AUDI (8)
R8 LMS Audi Team Sport WRT 2015 (Gr.3)
R18 TDI Audi Team Sport Joest 2011 (Gr.1)
R18 TDI Le Mans 2011 (Gr.1)
R18 e-tron 2016 (Gr.1)
Sport quattro S1 Pikes Peak 1987 (Gr.B)
TT Cup 2016 (Gr.4)
TTS Coupe 2014 (N300)
Vision Gran Turismo (Gr.1)

BMW (4)
M4 Coupe 2014 (N400)
M4 Safety Car (Gr.X)
M6 GT3 Walkenhorst Motorsport 2016 (Gr.3)
M6 GT3 M Power Livery 2016 (Gr.3)

BUGATTI (2)
Vision Gran Turismo Gr.1 (Gr.1)

CHEVROLET (1)
Corvette Stingray Race Concept (C2) 1959 (Gr.X)

DODGE (6)
Charger SRT Hellcat Safety Car (N700)
SRT Tomahawk VGT Racing (Gr.X)
SRT Tomahawk VGT Street (Gr.X)
SRT Tomahawk VGT Technology (Gr.X)
Viper Gr.4 (Gr.4)
Viper SRT GT3-R 2015 (Gr.3)

FERRARI (4)
250 GT Berlinetta passo corto CN.2521 1961 (N300)
250 GTO CN.3729GT 1962 (Gr.X)
458 Italia 2009 (N600)
Dino 246GT 1971 (N200)

FORD (4)
GT LM Spec II Test Car (Gr.3)
Mustang Gr.B Rally Car (Gr.B)
Mustang GT Premium Fastback 2015 (N400)
Mustang Mach 1 1971 (N300)

GRAN TURISMO (4)
Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo (N600)
Red Bull X2014 Standard 2014 (Gr.X)
Red Bull X2014 Junior 2014 (Gr.X)
Red Bull X2019 Competition (Gr.X)

HONDA (3)
NSX Gr.3 (Gr.3)
NSX Gr.4 (Gr.4)
Sports Vision Gran Turismo (Gr.X)

HYUNDAI (4)
Genesis Gr.3 (Gr.3)
Genesis Gr.4 (Gr.4)
N 2025 Vision Gran Turismo (Gr.1)
N 2025 Vision Gran Turismo (Gr.X)

INFINITI (1)
Concept Vision Gran Turismo (Gr.X)

JAGUAR (6)
D-Type 1954 (Gr.X)
E-Type Coupe 1961 (N300)
F-Type Gr.4 (Gr.4)
XJ13 1966 (Gr.X)
XJR-9 1988 (Gr.1)
Vision Gran Turismo Coupe (Gr.X)

LAMBORGHINI (4)
Aventador LP700-4 2011 (N700)
Huracan Gr.4 (Gr.4)
Huracan LP610-4 2015 (N600)
Miura P400 Bertone Prototype CN.0706 1967 (N400)

LEXUS (3)
LC500 2017 (N500)
LF-LC GT Vision Gran Turismo (Gr.X)
RC F Gr.4 (Gr.4)

MAZDA (4)
Atenza Gr.3 Road Car (N500)
Atenza Gr.4 (Gr.4)
Atenza Sedan XD L Package 2015 (N200)
LM55 Vision Gran Turismo (Gr.X)

MCLAREN (3)
650S GT3 2015 (Gr.3)
MP4-12c 2010 (N600)
Ultimate Vision Gran Turismo (Gr.X)

MERCEDES-BENZ (6)
A45 AMG 4MATIC 2013 (N400)
AMG F1 W08 EQ Power+ (Gr.X)
AMG F1 W08 EQ Power+ Color Variation (Gr.X)
AMG Vision Gran Turismo (Gr.X)
AMG Vision Gran Turismo LH Edition (Gr.X)
AMG Vision Gran Turismo Racing Series (Gr.X)

MINI (2)
Cooper S 2005 (N200)
Clubman Vision Gran Turismo (Gr.X)

MITSUBISHI (4)
Lancer Evolution IV GSR 1996 (N300)
Lancer Evolution Final Edition Gr.3 (Gr.3)
Lancer Evolution Final Edition Gr.B Rally Car (Gr.B)
Lancer Evolution Final Edition Gr.B Road Car (N500)

NISSAN (8)
Concept 2020 Vision Gran Turismo (Gr.X)
Fairlady Z Version S 2007 (N300)
GT-R Gr.B Rally Car (Gr.B)
GT-R Motul Autech 2016 (Gr.2)
GT-R Premium Edition 2017 (N600)
GT-R Safety Car (Gr.X)
GT-R Xanavi Nismo (Gr.2)
R92CP 1992 (Gr.1)

PEUGEOT (6)
208 GTI by Peugeot Sport 2014 (N200)
RCZ Gr.4 (Gr.4)
RCZ Gr.B Rally Car (Gr.B)
L500R Hybrid Vision Gran Turismo 2017 (Gr.X)
L750R Hybrid Vision Gran Turismo 2017 (Gr.1)

PORSCHE (1)
911 GT3 (997) 2008 (N400)

RENAULT SPORT (2)
Megane RS Trophy 2011 Safety Car (N300)
R.S.01 GT3 2016 (Gr.3)

SHELBY (1)
Cobra Daytona Coupe 1964 (Gr.X)

SUBARU (5)
BRZ S 2015 (N200)
BRZ Falken Tire/Turn 14 Distribution 2017 (Gr.X)
WRX Gr.3 (Gr.3)
WRX Gr.B (Gr.B)
WRX STI Type S 2014 (N300)

TESLA (1)
Model S Signature Performance 2012 (Gr.X)

TOYOTA (12)
86 Gr.4 (Gr.4)
86 Gr.B Rally Car (Gr.B)
86 GRMN 2016 (N200)
86 GT 2015 (N200)
86 GT Limited 2016 (N200)
Crown Athlete G Safety Car (N300)
FT-1 (Gr.X)
FT-1 Vision Gran Turismo (Gr.X)
FT-1 Vision Gran Turismo Gr.3 (Gr.3)
GR Supra Racing Concept (Gr.3)
GR Supra RZ 2020 (N400)
TS030 Hybrid 2012 (Gr.1)

VOLKSWAGEN (4)
Scirocco Gr.4 (Gr.4)
Golf VII GTI 2014 (N200)
GTI Roadster Vision Gran Turismo (Gr.X)
GTI Vision Gran Turismo Gr.3 (Gr.3)

Underrated? :embarrassed: Well, this might be the WORST car in the game? The handling is ATROCIOUS! And there are quite a bit of ****** cars in the game...it came standard on sports soft I believe? But as with all cars coming on any type of sports tyre, I changed it to sports hard, as to better compare them all directly. Driven stock on hard sport tyres without any driving aids, except ABS. First lap in third person view, second one in cockpit view and third one in cinematic replay view. All driven laps are the same lap.

I managed a 07.28.163

Verdict: King of the Beaters :P Have fun guys! :P (it could actually be decent on SS tyres idk)

Last edited:
Oh...Oh no. Oh no.
You could make a TikTok song out of this.

Underrated? I probably picked the wrong word for it. Understated maybe? I mean if it wasn't for this car, Infiniti wouldn't even have a presence in the franchise these days (Until we get cars like the G35, Q60 Project Black S, or some other rebadged Nissan.)

It has no cockpit cam, no particularly standout characteristics, heck there's just no reason to pick one up in GT7 unless you're trying to fill in your car-Pokedex. That's literally the only reason I dropped a million bucks on mine.

In GT Sport however, there is no car-Pokedex and so there goes the only reason to even think about buying one. Just hope you get one in the daily marathon so you can try it out, accept its mediocrity and let it sink to the bottom of your garage.

"So why did you pick it for this week, Nath?" I hear some of you mutter. Well, it's simple. COTW in GT6 was always about giving the spotlight to those overlooked or otherwise less known about cars in the game. Think of it as a kind of return to form I guess!

It's overlooked because its springs are uncooked spaghetti. Watched Vic bottom out and shower sparks everywhere at 45 MPH. That aline about sums up everything that needs to be said about it.

Fastest  Beater verdict I've ever made.

Lmao what a perfect way to describe this mess of a car. Can't wait to read all other reviews. @XSquareStickIt will have a field day with it, won't he?
Also can't wait to show you the replay on the Nords. It's all sparks! :D

Well, I don't even know what to say about this heap. Unpredictable oversteer, not helped by the super sharp steering that makes almost any correction an overcorrection. No flow, also not helped by the fact that all 4 tires seem to have trouble contacting the track over any bumps or undulations.
Gonna go out on a limb here and say this is a definite BEATER.
STILL BETTER THAN THE MITO

Lmao what a perfect way to describe this mess of a car. Can't wait to read all other reviews. @XSquareStickIt will have a field day with it, won't he?
Also can't wait to show you the replay on the Nords. It's all sparks! :D
I've been taking a break from writing as of late, partly due to the fact that I caught COVID and it basically had me bedridden, and partly just good old fashioned burnout. Got really sick of my own negativity surrounding GT7 and life in general. The Aventador really didn't help things. I wrote the review but didn't want to publish it. During isolation, I've been playing Yakuza 7, which is free for PS+ this month, and I was HOOKED.

Thought I'd give my quick 2 cents on the Infiniti VGT. Mostly as a PSA.

Don't buy the Infiniti VGT, it's god–awful.

It suffers from a plethora of problems, some of which are typical VGT problems, others unique to itself. It costs a million credits and can't be used for anything. It's got no interior view. Not that I think you'd be able to see anything out of it anyway, with a bonnet so high and the windows so narrow. And it drives so terrible that it couldn't have possibly been test driven before it was greenlit.

Because it's a styling exercise given propulsion, there was no thought at all given to how the thing drives. It has nonexistent ground clearance, and as such will bottom out even on mirror smooth fictional racetracks, like Kyoto. The underbody of the car is in contact with the road more than the tyres themselves, as the car sparks so much on innocuous sections of racetracks at pedestrian, no downforce speeds, I suspect we could eradicate world hunger altogether if each spark was a grain of pineapple rice. Oh, and I highly suspect that the underbody itself is made of a large bar of soap, because this car simply WILL NOT GRIP under most circumstances.

The car inexplicably swings its rear end out even with mild trail braking at any speed, from the hairpin of Suzuka to Turn 1 of Kyoto. The oversteer was so problematic that, even with staggered tyres, downgrading to Sport Mediums on the front from the default Sport Softs, the issue still persists to a smaller degree. The car legitimately goes faster if you give the front less grip, to give you an idea of how lopsided the handling of this "car" is. Of course, with a staggered tyre setup like that, the rear tyres will wear out quicker, and the game doesn't let you individually choose which compound to put on the car if you pit for a tyre change, so that solution is a very temporary band aid at best. Why does it have oversteer worse than an air–cooled 911? Is it the suspension? The car bottoming out? Shenanigans with its drivetrain? I don't know. I don't care. All I know, and all that I need to know, is that this "car" is irresponsibly dangerous to share a track with.

When I first spun it out and the gearbox disengaged to prevent the car stalling, I noticed the car automatically inputs about a quarter throttle for whatever odd reason, which I have never seen on any other car. I then had this crazy idea that, whatever that auto input is might be making the car oversteer on corner entry. Surprisingly, keeping a tad of throttle on while trail braking does prevent the rear end from swinging out, and it's a trick worth practicing because GT7's weird physics will demand that of you, judging by the most recent GTWS live event where multiple drivers are shown to double pedal input when trail braking. That helps with the corner entry oversteer, but nothing will help the car put down power on corner exits aside from just being careful. Spoiler alert: the car can't put down power at all. Even with a huge power advantage afforded to it by the game counting only its ICE power and completely ignoring the battery's power, the Infiniti VGT still gets out–accelerated on corner exits by a base 2017 GT-R crippled down to match ICE power with the Infiniti. I know the GT-R has AWD, but it's also a lot heavier a car with no hybrid system. And it's been crippled.

I complained about the hybrid setup of the McLaren Ultimate VGT being too aggressive, discharging too quickly and powerfully, resulting in a very inconsistent drive. The Infiniti VGT has the polar opposite problem, in that its hybrid setup is so mild that it will basically never leave full charge. On the plus side, that means that its power delivery is very consistent, with the ICE engine being naturally aspirated and having a very gradual climb to its peak of 7,500rpm of 8k, and you'll be able to enjoy the benefits of a hybrid setup saving you fuel through the whole event. On the downside, it... can be a lot faster, and it squanders away regen under every braking zone because the batteries are almost always fully charged. I found out that the car has an Overtake function, and even with it held down for the whole race, I couldn't get the batteries to have a net charge loss from one lap to the next at Red Bull Ring. Also, yes, the batteries never running out of charge means that there's no reason to not hold down the Overtake button the WHOLE RACE to get the most out of the car, which by extension means you have to do it.

What a stupid car. It looks stupid, drives stupid, and makes you stoop to its stupidity to scrape the bottom of the barrel to get the most of it. Not only is it expensive and useless, a base GT-R whoops it any day, any track not Monza, la Sarthe, or Route X.

The Infiniti VGT is not only complete garbage, but it's a strong contender for Beater of the Year. Can we learn our lesson already and not subject ourselves to more of this VGT crap?

Back