Car of the Week 228: COTY GTS Finale

• Thread starter Racer283
  • 3,110 comments
So, surprise!!! I made more COTW liveries!!!

View attachment 867558

I created this design many months ago, but you know how life can be. One thing pops up, then another, then days become weeks, become months.... and this sort of fell to the bottom of the pile.

Well I rediscovered them tonight, so with a relatively free schedule and a nice rum, I decided to finish them!! I went with the same colour schemes as people requested for their Mustangs, so you should now have a matching pair. :D

Ash's livery @Draggon

Rob's livery @RobboGTAddict

Vic's livery @Vic Reign93

Baron's livery @Baron Blitz Red

Mr Waflz's livery @MrWaflz55

Racer's livery @Racer283

Rinsky's livery @Rinsky

Soyuz's livery @Soyuz 77

Jack's livery @JackRyanWMU

That's all the people who have Mustangs, if there's anyone else who may have more recently joined us and you'd like your own team COTW livery, let me know what colour and number you're after and I can whip it up for you! :sly:

I have my car downloaded ( Thanks @Nismonath5) hopefully I will get a chance to use it in COTW.
I tried racing the other night but with two kids climbing onto my rig while i was playing didn't go over to well so I had to leave.

I really didnt like the Vantage on 1st impression. However with the one I use, 440hp max weight loss and a Praiano tune its actually not bad at ail.

The handling is markedly better than stock which makes up for the lack of power. Not bad in the N400 class.

I wonder how it fares up in 500/600?

I did a stupid and let my SD card fill to the brim. Didn't click until after the meet. Not that it really mattered, it wasn't my finest night. This one against @Baron Blitz Red was pretty cool though!

Firstly, THANK YOU for the McLaren livery!!! Secondly, thanks for capturing that corner cut I did in the video... WOW, I didn't realise I had done that! :banghead: I'll remember that for next time, as I always try to be clean, but yipes, that was bad. Not my finest night either... but I was genuinely surprised at how well the Aston handled. Great sound too!!! Sleeper and a Keeper that one!

Cheers

Are we doing COTW today at some point? Sorry, it's like my week highlight. I love it even if I'm not racing, which I will be soon. Have to figure out where everyone is. I'm in USA, California.

Hope all is well with you guys:cheers:

Are we doing COTW today at some point? Sorry, it's like my week highlight. I love it even if I'm not racing, which I will be soon. Have to figure out where everyone is. I'm in USA, California. Hope all is well with you guys:cheers:

@Racer283 should be announcing the weeks choice sometime later today, usually after dinner time PST. Weren't you getting PS+ and joining us for the races sometime?

Are we doing COTW today at some point? Sorry, it's like my week highlight. I love it even if I'm not racing, which I will be soon. Have to figure out where everyone is. I'm in USA, California.

Hope all is well with you guys:cheers:

@Racer283 should be announcing the weeks choice sometime later today, usually after dinner time PST. Weren't you getting PS+ and joining us for the races sometime?

Car should be announced today, then we race tomorrow night 👍

Make sure to add some of us on PSN so you can see when we all jump into the lobby and get underway!

Yes, FINALLY I am going to the internet soon. Our kitties had health issues so that took away my $... so sometime this week I will have PS+!!! Bewarned - I'm nowhere near as good as you lot!

I'm practicing hard, bit I'm addicted to my 1991 Mitsubishi GTO Twin-Turbo with 2G gears/bits:
*No TC, everything off except for Active Stability
*Sport Hard Tires
*Weight at 3,710 lbs
*Ride Height 4.09 for both Front/Rear
*LSD Initial Torque 15/17
*LSD Accel 60/60
*LSD Brakes 23/19
*HP to 321
*TQ to 347.3
Gearing:
1st: 47mph (2.922) -
2nd: 69mph (1.996) -
3rd: 106mph (1.308) -
4th: 136mph (1.014)
5th: 175mph (0.815)
FG: 3.871

It functions almost like a 2G VR4 but since it's a 5 speed it's a little whack due to the super long gearing meant for grand touring. The second gen added closer ratios, weight loss, more HP/TQ and a 6 speed.

That being said, with only 321HP/347TQ and AWD it's faster than any N300 car and dabbles in N400 as well. It will basically gap anything until 175mph. I like it because it's *somewhat* like a 2G 3000GT VR-4/GTO TT.

I'll let you know when I'm ready and online. Thanks!

Last edited:
We're talking about it right now. I look forwards to racing you all next week!

PSN username @Seboo12

It's my fiance's account but he plays JPRGs on a different TV in our room.

Oh and I'm ok. I don't ram walls or ruin people's races, you guys seem very skilled :)

Last edited:
This week we are going with another popular JDM car but not as well known compared to the S14. This week we will be testing the Nissan Silvia K Dia Selection (S13) '89. This weeks car is chosen by @Rinsky.

image01.jpg
image01.jpg

This week we are going with another popular JDM car but not as well known compared to the S14. This week we will be testing the Nissan Silvia K Dia Selection (S13) '89. This weeks car is chosen by @Rinsky.

image01.jpg
image01.jpg

Great choice, im excited. I always liked the Silvia over the middle of the road Z32 platform, this one knew it was meant to drift!

I'll admit I'm having trouble finding a good enough livery for this one. Not because I have no inspiration, but cos 100% of the cool S13 designs you see on the internet involve bodykits, wider bumpers, lower skirts, that sort of thing. Making a design for a stock S13 looks.... kinda tacky. :boggled:

Here's hoping I find something!

I'll admit I'm having trouble finding a good enough livery for this one. Not because I have no inspiration, but cos 100% of the cool S13 designs you see on the internet involve bodykits, wider bumpers, lower skirts, that sort of thing. Making a design for a stock S13 looks.... kinda tacky. :boggled:

Here's hoping I find something!

I have the same problem. As soon as you touch it, it immediately looks cheap. Tried to do a touring car inspired livery, but it does not work as good as I had expected.

The only thing that works with it, is a drift inspired livery. Or making it used and old.

BTW - I love this car. It´s low weight and the torque from a turbo engine produces a really great drift machine!

Guys (especially Vic Reign93), please help me out on this one: So the start time of the COTW races have been changed lately, no? A few months ago the races started at 5.00am CET (Central European Time). I would like to participate tomorrow, as I am home this week and thus can do so. Did you change the time, and if so, to when and what would that be in CET?

Has anyone used the Delta HF yet?

Nope no one has chosen it yet but it'll come eventually.

Guys (especially Vic Reign93), please help me out on this one: So the start time of the COTW races have been changed lately, no? A few months ago the races started at 5.00am CET (Central European Time). I would like to participate tomorrow, as I am home this week and thus can do so. Did you change the time, and if so, to when and what would that be in CET?

We still race around 10PM CST (Central Standard Time) but there has been some confusion about time changes with international times as sometimes the time changes can be a weeks difference. Usually @Nismonath5 has the room open 10mins before we actually race.

Nope no one has chosen it yet but it'll come eventually.

We still race around 10PM CST (Central Standard Time) but there has been some confusion about time changes with international times as sometimes the time changes can be a weeks difference. Usually @Nismonath5 has the room open 10mins before we actually race.

Doesn't really help me. Did the USA finally change to winter time?

I went 10 laps around Tsukuba in the S13 just now and compared my previous best lap from when the car was released to us. The difference was only 0.003 seconds. I was slower this time around :lol:

It does everything really well. I can understand why many Japanese tuner shop employees owned an S13 back in the day. Nissan was on top of their game. I hope we get the S14 and S15 soon.

It's only half a second slower than the DC2 Integra Type R :eek:

IMG_20191127_110146630.jpg

The Nissan Silvia K (Dia Selection, S13)!

Nothing handles quite like this car, I was drifting before I knew it. The nice turbo boost helps the lackluster acceleration, but it's no drag car. It's really for tight technical circuits where you can slide across corners and drift. It's so easy to modulate the throttle! I enjoyed tracking it stock on Sports Hard Tires.
It has a hard time in N200 where there's a lot of sharks that are much faster in a straight line, but the Silvia makes up for it with almost perfect road holding and handling. Great for beginners and experts alike!
As someone mentioned, it's hard to not make this car ricey, so I tried my best!

This thing reminds me of the 1994 Ford Probe GT I owned (FWD) which had 164HP@5,600-RPM / 156lb.ft.@4,000-RPM - best handling FWD car I've driven, and this is leagues better.
I remember when they brought the 240SX to the US, it was awful, they used a truck engine. The turbo transforms the car, and it has just the right amount of weight and boost to handle any corner.

The biggest challenge it faces is a low top speed and lackluster acceleration in it's class, N200. It does beat out N200 FWD Type RS but they pass on top around 100mph depending on the model. With some tuning, like later model Silvia's, it's a low N300 car.

All in all, I like it. It looks good, drives fantastic, and is so damn stable. Most other N200 cars have more power, but the RWD and God like handling help this car excell. Solid Sleeper from me, it outdid my expectations.

Last edited:
I love the Silvia. It's just so d*** much fun to drive, even without any tuning. Plus it's just fine on SH tires. Great night of racing with some close battles. I thought to try the Honda Integra in the last race at Dragon Trail. That wasn't a good idea. While it turns better than the Silvia, the transmission is geared so poorly I was losing seconds on the long straight and up the esses. The votes for car of the year will be interesting, the Silvia ranks right up there!

Verdict: Sleeper

As someone mentioned, it's hard to not make this car ricey, so I tried my best!

I was working on that problem but ran out of time before the race. It's still a work-in-progress.

XErJhozf8g82z19865GG6wznjNSdVDVKPMstQpZ7ah_dJzs1SEotXbnGZnT7lJbIR0Fa_SeZ440uDUMsIHoUumZoNVYVT64PuPZbYCvOzAKrxlQu0lTlzTmr31pGMtO7h8YN8SrtgjZ0ZmyrsBZXM2lNtz4Ub9imZaGAQdJCQVJDw4YO_bpWCMGN2ftu6yUWytFy5FqigMU2rigze2VyQnlxH86zlQVm9H2ub7Y--2-yfiBeP4PHLIJs2VTuAZg5vK7WSpnO3KEQTQRWDIZpDSysSDFiLxH3SZbRIN9Fu7xjn9Tfoijvs791Ml35cDqM41qGtf07SXS9Pfu-i8xyJI8zPJ5uY2fokPCfuflzm-tzatSZEX4R9IFwBW27BmV_UJbLBxX3P_hLraXe70umSXH-wwGFOCo_xdERyyz9-7xdF-xz2eGxq-ASCKdHrUgtScEbPT7ZAA0nybfOapjfYSReJm2LAqqNB3g8B94wXQsNnGhE6QeKGbAEoPUSQau3-Hr7lxmFee30IEG2AEaQ0L_RvsmvBfDDQO-paBR9cF-E5yqx6fPB1jNmYQbhe6vp-hdG4SEm486dSwFQuvhNy1mlqPsF2s4kLSOtjEJdggEWsDPNSysWIJ68HinpALlhjVAYC14nTbb-hffIx4I9YI8nR4iPssOfgCXhBa9ml2KVPRzd_wov5g=w1607-h904-no

Back