Car of the Week 228: COTY GTS Finale

• Thread starter Racer283
  • 3,110 comments
This is the 1978 Pontiac Trans Am my uncle purchased new in 1978:
004EBDC2-BCC9-4B80-A933-43F021D5B26B.jpeg

Last edited:
The '77-'78 Trans Am has always been a favorite of mine. Thankfully, modern technology can improve the car substantially. Companies make new full length frames to set the body into that stiffen the chassis & let you use modern suspensions parts (read: coilovers). These days, with enough money, you can make the rest of the car match the great looks.

On another note, I had a black Hot Wheels of it & a yellow w/red logos version in Micro Machines. Yeah, from the late 1980's.

Yeah I'm a big fan of that "prostreet" style where you modernise the 1960s/70s car so that it handles and performs as good as it can but it retains the original look of the car.

That's why I'm not a fan of the Mustang "Eleanor" look as it butchers the original style.

However saying that putting in big rotors big calipers and all the suspension bits makes it handle as well as a car from say... 1992?

Quite like this car... like any fan of the old 2000 era Top Gear. Clarkson loved this car.

What it basically is is an early McLaren monocell chassis with the Mercedes AMG design of the day and the 350kW 470hp 5.5 liter supercharged 3v V8 and 5 spd torque converter automatic out of the W211 E55 AMG.

I find it quite good around the Ring. In N500 form w/ just under 1,700kg and a tune it should do under 7'30". That's quite ok for a car that I feel is too heavy and the long wheelbase makes it not so wieldy. There's also slight understeer due to the same thing. Its not a "darty" car. It is like driving any RWD car that is too long too wide and too heavy.

Also I find the engine to feel a bit slow revving and it drives like an old school V8. The car is very stable on the curbs due to the same thing. And the 5 spd makes for long gearing. I do feel like you're in the wrong gear a lot of times due to the fact there's only 5. Well 4 given 5th gear is overdrive.

The car does have very nice controllable oversteer/power oversteer due to the wheelbase and as long as you're in the right gear (mostly 2nd) you can power slide around corners.

Does this thing go to N700? It would be a hoot at 700 and sub 1,400kg which is can do.

My lap wasn't the best, but still quite fast. So yeah, the car is quite impressive. Has great looks and is very easy to drive. It really doesn't like to drift though. Driven stock on hard sport tyres without any driving aids, except ABS. First lap in third person view, second one in cockpit view and third one in cinematic replay view. All driven laps are the same lap.

With its driven time, it is the 25th fastest car of all road legal cars. Its closest rivals are the Ferrari F50 '95 with a 07:24.867 on the 26th place and the Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE Package '18 with a 07.23.642 on the 24th place. It can reach a top speed of 345 km/h=214mp/h in the game, and is thus on the 22nd place top speed wise of all road legal cars, while its closest top speed rivals are the Mercedes-Benz AMG GTS '15 with 342km/h=213mp/h on the 23/24th place and the Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG '10 with 346km/h=215mp/h on the 21st place.

Fight with close rival on the Nordschleife:

Verdict: neutral. It does what is expected of it.

Last edited:
One of my favorite Mercedes cars.

It's not as darty as the AMG GT S but it still gets the job done. The slushbox and its weight slows it down, especially when BoP is enforced. It's easy to hoot around the track, but it's not going to be on the level, say, with the 911 GT3 RS or a Ferrari F40.

Overall, it's a car I would drive if lap times aren't my thing and just cruise my way to victory in the Premium Sports Lounge races in GT League.

That's a good way to describe it. Its a 4,000lb GT car. Its not a 911 GT3 or 458 Speciale that is frantic and nuclear.... ripping thru 7 gears.

As long as you drive it in a deliberate and paced manner it can be fast. I also think its a bit funny now that its deemed as a 'classic' kind of car... even though I was there when it was being released and I do remember when Clarkson described it as being like a Spitfire/Messerschmidt BF109.

If you want a similar experience in real life... buy an E55 AMG. They arent that expensive here and you get the same motor and box and the running costs will be a fraction of a real SLR but they will still be stupid.

maxresdefault.jpg

Very late, but I've been wanting to do this Time Attack for a while now ever since my wheel conked out. GR Yaris at The Mountain.

S1: 23.846 / 0:23.846
S2: 53.895 / 1:17.741
S3: 39.074 / 1:56.815
S4: 35.697 / 2:32.512
Fuel Consumed for 5 flat out laps: 16ℓ
Top Speed: 237km/h (147mph)

2:26.928 - BMW M4 Coupé (F82) '14
2:27.999 - Lexus RC F '14
2:32.381 - Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02
2:32.479 - Nissan Skyline GT-R V・spec II Nür (R34) '02
2:32.512 - Toyota GR Yaris 1st Edition RZ "High performance" '20
2:34.127 - BMW M3 Coupé (E46) '03

So basically, this hatch has less power, more mass, and does 10km/h less than my FD around Bathurst, but there is basically nothing between them. It's one seriously amazing machine, this.

I do quite like the SLR. It's the car that introduced much younger me to the concept of active aero and air brakes on supercars. The bonnet is so long, it's a wonder they didn't stick a V12 under there. It's fast, it's loud, and it looks incredible, especially with those 19" rims as opposed to the 5 spokes that were on the earlier model.

Like most supercars, its downfall is the weight. She's a heavy, bulky old vessel, takes about half a mile to pull up for a corner, and even with the active aero pretending to make a difference, its handling is spongy to say the least.

Nice to look at, but I think I'd rather drive the MP4-12C.

XSquare's Car of the Month Reviews: 2009 Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren
Symbiotic relationships seem to just come together naturally without a thought: a bee gathers nectar from a flower while helping the flowers reproduce, you buy a train ticket and it brings you where you want to go, etc.. When Mercedes announced at the 1999 North American International Auto Show that they were designing a supercar together with their then Formula 1 partner McLaren, everyone justifiably moistened their undergarments a little at the thought of a car that combined the seemingly boundless innovation, speed, sublime handling, and elite feel of a McLaren with the luxury, build quality, and stability Mercedes have always been known for. The attention commanding and downright salivating Vision SLR Concept made it to production largely intact as the "Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren", with "SLR" being a homage to Mercedes' dominant, but tragic, 300 SLR racecar. In both cases, the "SLR" stands for "Sport Leicht-Rennen", or "Sport Light-Racing", in English. With help from the wizards in Woking, the modern car tips the scales at a scant 1,768... wait, what? Is that in kilos? That would be 3,898 pounds!

Something has clearly gone terribly awry in what seemed like a straightforward symbiotic relationship between McLaren and Mercedes. The flower has attempted to gather honey from the bee, the train company has tried to pay you to move its carriages across the country, and the world has seemingly gone mad. What seemed so natural, such a foregone conclusion, has been turned onto its head: The powertrain is so Mercedes it hurts — a 5.4L V8 used in several other Mercedes models prior, including the likes of the G Wagen. In the SLR, it is supercharged so hard that there apparently was no other gearbox that Mercedes could get their hands on that could reliably handle the 616HP (459kW) and 780.5Nm (575.7ft-lb) of raw power, and no one else would help poor Mercedes design such a gearbox, so they were left with no other choice but to use their in-house five speed auto... on a 600k USD supercar in the 21st century. And to top it all off, instead of putting this entire colossus of contradiction together in Germany where quality is assured, the cars are assembled in Woking, which I can only assume means, "a shed". Gee, I sure hope McLaren aren't a very new mass production brand that will run into several QA issues and PR disasters within just ten years of making their second ever road car.

Truly, this is one of the most, if not the most misunderstood car ever put into production, because of how outwardly conflicted it is. Is it a luxury GT car? Is it a circuit weapon? And you will see that conflict and confusion everywhere in the SLR: massive power going through a 5 speed auto. Full carbon bodied car that somehow weighs nearly 1.8 tons. Thin carbon bucket seats set atop heavy, motorised rails. Brakes that are designed to catch fire. A car with ample boot space but spitefully little interior storage spaces. You get the idea. This is less a symbiotic relationship and more two roommates arguing who gets to draw the line in a shared bedroom. They say that he who tries to catch two rabbits will catch neither, but does that mean that the SLR is a good-for-nothing car?

Well, on the track, the first impression is that the car is shockingly balanced, despite appearances. There is very little pushing understeer on corner entry like one would expect of a front heavy car. This is because the entirety of the gargantuan 5.4L Supercharged V8 sits aft the front axle, creating a front-midship layout, creating a sense of balance that baffles each drive, especially with a constant reminder of how long the hood is as you stare at it continually from behind the wheel. Adding to this sense of bewilderment, the sheer heft of this javelin of a car is more than masked by the insanely capable carbon ceramic brakes fitted as standard on the SLR, which, in tandem with the flip up airbrake on the boot lid of the car, made stopping the car feel like stopping a Tsunami dead in its tracks every time I stomped on the brakes, and it boggles my mind every time. That is to say, in my one week with the SLR, it has never gotten old to me, and it has a way of astounding me anew each drive.

I said that the balance this car exhibits was shocking, because one would think that a car with the proportions that this has would be horrendously front biased in weight. According to Gran Turismo 6 however, the SLR has a weight distribution of 47:53 F/R, and this is achieved via a conscious effort to shift many weighty components as far back as possible to counterbalance the humongous engine and gearbox pairing up front. Some of these components, such as the onboard tools, battery, brake and washer fluids have been shifted to below the boot floor completely aft the rear axle. While Mercedes has tried to make the weight distribution close to a perfect 50:50, the car has a rather far out centre of gyration, with quite a concentration of mass overhanging both axles (the auto box contributing to the front). Because of this, the car is prone to swinging its rear out on corner entry if you're especially aggressive with your turn in under trail braking, and you need to properly baby the rear end to prevent sliding and losing pace. This also entails having to properly plan a line through successive corners, as the car does not handle abrupt corrective inputs very well. This makes the SLR a fantastic car at nine tenths, but make no mistake: this isn't a ten tenths car in the slightest, lest you fancy an aftermarket shade of brown to break up the sea of black to compensate for not speccing a red two tone interior like my peers in their silver cars have.

Although, I do quite like actually having pedals in my black car.

Although this sounds scary on paper, in practice, you have to really provoke the SLR to get it to act up. The car even gives ample, early, and progressive warnings before sliding, and because of the long wheelbase of the car, it is always just a quick flash of counter steer away from getting back onto the straight and narrow even if you choose to indulge, since there's always weight over the front tyres. Even when sliding, the car never once felt beyond my control or took me by surprise, and it is quite a lot of cheeky fun if you've sufficient runoff area to get something wrong.

You read that right: this near 1.8 ton car is fun to drive, and most of it I feel can be attributed to the suspension setup of this car, which is easily the highlight of my experience in the SLR, as I find it to be so well judged and capable. It is set up to cater to shockingly aggressive driving the likes of which no 600k GT car has any business being subject to, and when coupled with the SLR's near perfect weight distribution, made for very predictable and enjoyable spirited driving. Even when shod with uprated Sport Soft tyres for our weekly races, the SLR not only took the stickier rubber in stride without losing its balance, but felt downright happy to wear them. I do however wish that the rear end is set tighter all around as it's a just slight nuisance around a track for my personal preference; I'd like the rebound damping to be stiffer, I'd like more anti roll in the rear, and the differential especially I find is set way too loose, and one tyre fires are a common occurrence in the SLR with me behind the wheel. Because of the looser than preferable rear end, I find that the car severely dislikes sudden and tight chicanes, especially downhill ones. The slightly excessive roll means off neutral braking zones such as la Sarthe's Mulsanne and Bathurst's The Chase are a challenge to brake consistently for, and the rear brakes don't get to do much work either.

While I only have nitpicks about the suspension setup, the steering feel is... ahh... how do I put this politely...? "Quite rubbish," I think is the British way of saying it, especially for the speeds that this thing is capable of and the sheer mass of what you essentially hold in between your two palms. I think I have had more feedback letting wet noodles slip from a pair of disposable chopsticks than I've felt in the steering of the car, and it's not like the steering is numb because it's been overboosted, either; it's a proper workout to haul this thing around a track at racing pace, and I was sweating quite profusely after each race I did in this thing, and I doubt the December weather is to blame.

To spice things up ascertain how much racing pedigree and prowess the SLR has, I thought an on-track comparison test was in order. Being unable to source a Carrera GT for a comparison test and refusing to drive an Enzo even offered a loaner one for free, I decided to hop into something... a little unusual. Something that, considering the brands they come from, shouldn't share a shred of similarity with each other, yet I find are more alike than each would perhaps like to admit. I brought... a 2006 Dodge Viper.

Hear me out, okay? Both have ridonkulously big engines sat in a front long clamshell bonnet, sending absurd power to a short deck rear via very outdated gearboxes. Both are early 21st century cars. Both are base versions of their families. Both are coupé versions of cars offered as convertibles. I mean, hey, they both even have side exit exhausts! Of course, sitting in a Viper is like sitting in a detention room chair in comparison to the Mercedes, and the Viper costs... I don't know, less than a sixth of the SLR? Oh, and the Viper is 108 brake horsepower down from the SLR, but weighs a whopping 203kg (448lbs) lighter. You know you're dealing with something truly otherworldly when it makes a Viper of all things the nimbler, lighter weight, underpowered underdog in the comparison.

With the ghastly auto box in the SLR narrowing the power deficit, I at first thought that a track focused weapon like the Viper might be a bit too much to race against the SLR. Hoo boy, was I wrong. My fastest lap around Red Bull Ring in clear traffic was about a whole second off of Rick's 1:38 in racing conditions. While I was able to make up some ground in the braking zones and corners, it wasn't nearly enough to offset the acres of difference the SLR pulls on the straights. Overall, it wasn't even close — it wasn't even a race. At the end of the four lap sprint, I couldn't even see a Merc on the short home straight of Red Bull Ring in my Viper. Purely as a track toy, I prefer the Viper for its comparative lightness, manual gearbox, shorter wheelbase, and tighter suspension setup, but there really is no arguing the results of the "race" around RBR: the SLR is not only a better car to live with, but is also faster than the prison bus that is the Viper.

Lap 1 Turn 3: The last time I was able to share road width with an SLR.

Goddamnit SLR, can you conform to expectations ONCE in your life?!

Off the track, I think I like the SLR even more. Stylistically, it is my favourite Mercedes, because I think it is by far the most unique and daring of designs from the German brand, blending grace, aggression, and exuding a sense of imposing grandeur just because it can, for the sake of it, like a nuclear powered grandfather clock. It doesn't look like it's trying to take itself too seriously like almost every other modern Mercedes, but is still instantly recogniseable as one. I also like how I never have to worry about scraping this thing because it's not a track weapon like the Carrera GT, and this thing puts such ridiculous ease into speed, it feels no different at 20 or 200. It is rock solid at speed, and the subtle supercharger whine pries a cheeky smile from me every time I drive it, giving it a sense of occasion and character more reserved for American muscle than anything from the Germans.

Yes, the five speed auto is unfortunate, and I would take even a five speed manual if it were ever offered, but over the course of the week, this slushbox had grown on me. I mean, for starters, at least they didn't go for an automated manual in the early 2000s, like BMW and Ferrari. I think that, short of a traditional stick shift, a torque converter automatic is really the next best thing, as the shifts are smooth and notably quicker than the notoriously bad paddle shift cars of the early 21st century. I think Mercedes did the best they could with it as well, as I find that the ratios are spaced out well and intuitively, and the long, wide ratios evoke some serious nostalgia of driving 80s and 90s Japanese crap boxes, albeit scaled up in the SLR to hit a claimed top speed of 334km/h (207.5mph). The taller ratios also make driving in the wet surprisingly easy, and I really like the obnoxiously loud clicking sounds the paddles make. I'm not kidding you when I say the "KA-CHUNK" sound both paddles make are so loud that they're distinctly audible even through the supercharger, engine, road and wind noise, even at speed. I know I'm in the minority in this: I'm the sort of person that loves to hear a mechanical keyboard clickety clack away as I type, as I do love hearing the sound from others. I love the extra layer of feedback and affirmation from buttons and such, though I can easily imagine it being overbearing to others. There's a certain romance, a certain mechanical involvement, a certain appreciation of a process that's hard to put into words, akin to reading a physical book instead of a digital copy, or listening to a mechanical watch tick. A sort of old school touch befitting a heritage-rich car company like Mercedes.

While I realise I can only say this now in hindsight, I really love how rare and therefore special these cars have become, simply because of how misunderstood they were and still are. The design doesn't look like it has aged a day, and it really makes for a very special sight to behold on the streets today.

If someone walked up to me, plopped 600k into my hands and told me I could only spend it on anything from the 2000s, I should opt for a Carrera GT despite having never driven one before. I might be swayed by the sonorous LFA and a house to keep it in. I might buy six Viper ACRs in different colour combos. I might even buy a Mazda RX-8 Type RS and retire for life, or at least until inflation catches up to me. But I suspect I might find myself contemplating an SLR McLaren, because, in spite of its obvious flaws, I find myself being more than pleasantly surprised by what it has to offer on more than a few occasions, and I genuinely cannot name another car that makes such explosive and irresponsible performance so easy and relaxing to use. It's not often I find myself liking a car I might actually bring out on a date with someone, either.

The SLR may well be the most conflicted and misunderstood car in recent memory, with endless visible conflict over trying to be a luxury GT car and a super sports car, but it does them both so well with such flair and character, it's hard to not be impressed by what a stunning package the car is. The SLR may have caught neither the luxury GT nor super sports car rabbit, but it at least has them both in one pen within sight. The world may have gone mad, but that doesn't mean that it doesn't accidentally poop out something truly special and amazing. They just happen to cost a lot oftentimes. Yes, yes I'm salty. Not because the car is bad, but because I can't afford one. This car is a true Sleeper in my eyes.

I just wonder what McLaren's part in all this is, aside from putting it together.

I have no idea why I did this. Probably more for the paddles going KA-CHUNK KA-CHUNK than the actual performance of the car.

S1: 21.222 / 0:21.222
S2: 51.528 / 1:12.750
S3: 36.766 / 1:49.516
S4: 33.223 / 2:22.739

Fuel consumed for 5 flat out laps: 27ℓ
Top speed: 293km/h (148.5mph)

2:22.739 - Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren '09
2:26.928 - BMW M4 Coupé (F82) '14
2:27.999 - Lexus RC F '14
2:32.381 - Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02
2:32.479 - Nissan Skyline GT-R V・spec II Nür (R34) '02
2:32.512 - Toyota GR Yaris 1st Edition RZ "High performance" '20
2:34.127 - BMW M3 Coupé (E46) '03

Hey, if Nismo and Waffles got to rave about the GT-R and Enzo respectively, hell yeah I want to be able to do the same with the FD RX-7.

I was going to wait till someone else selects it for Car of the Week to properly polish and finish up a spiel I've been working on on and off for the past few months, but with the thing that we're discussing in PMs (can we talk about that here?), I simply had, had to select the FD RX-7, my childhood dream car, when offered this chance. This is the car that introduced me to cars and video games, and made me love cars. It gave my life meaning and direction since I was a kid. It's an incredibly personal car to me, and asking me to "review" the car would be like asking me to write a love letter I never had the balls to as a teen, to give you an idea of the unhealthy amounts of cheese and cringe in my "review" I will publish when I feel it's ready.

That said, I recognise and accept that it has its own very glaring flaws. I hope no one holds back on their opinion just because of my attachment to the car. In fact, I want to hear everything everyone has to say about it. It's important to me. I want to know how others perceive it, how it affects them, etc.. It doesn't have to be thought out, or good. I just enjoy hearing others talk about it, both the good and bad. It would mean an incredible lot to me.

Well, what a nice way to end COTW 2020!

GTS Nordschleife hot lap STOCK Mazda RX7 '02: 07.59.776

A bit faster than I thought it would be, especially speed wise. Quite a bit harder to control than the rest of the Japanese sports cars though and slightly slower around the Ring, than the rest of the majoar JDMs including all Skylines, 350Z, Supra and the NSX, although that could just be my slightly untidy lap. Driven stock on hard sport tyres without any driving aids, except ABS. First lap in third person view, second one in cockpit view and third one in cinematic replay view. All driven laps are the same lap.

With its driven time, it is the 73rd fastest car of all road legal cars. Its closest rivals are the Alpine A110 Premiere Edition '17 with an 08.00.661 on the 74th place and the Alfa Romeo 4C Launch Edition '14 with a 07.59.634 on the 72nd place. It can reach a top speed of 276 km/h=171mp/h in the game (real life top speed being 258 km/h=160mp/h?), and is thus sharing the 76th-75th place top speed wise of all road legal cars with the Porsche 911 Turbo (930) '81, while its closest top speed rivals are the Toyota Crown Athlete G '13 and the Subaru WRX STI Type S '14 both on the 78th-77th place respectively with 274km/h=170mp/h and the KTM X-BOW R '12 + the Toyota Supra 3.0 GT Turbo A '88 with both 277km/h=172mp/h on the 74th-73rd place respectively.

Interestingly, on Tsukuba it is faster, than all major JDMs, except all Skylines. Comparison:

Verdict: Neutral. It does what it should do.

Hey, if Nismo and Waffles got to rave about the GT-R and Enzo respectively, hell yeah I want to be able to do the same with the FD RX-7.

I was going to wait till someone else selects it for Car of the Week to properly polish and finish up a spiel I've been working on on and off for the past few months, but with the thing that we're discussing in PMs (can we talk about that here?), I simply had, had to select the FD RX-7, my childhood dream car, when offered this chance. This is the car that introduced me to cars and video games, and made me love cars. It gave my life meaning and direction since I was a kid. It's an incredibly personal car to me, and asking me to "review" the car would be like asking me to write a love letter I never had the balls to as a teen, to give you an idea of the unhealthy amounts of cheese and cringe in my "review" I will publish when I feel it's ready.

That said, I recognise and accept that it has its own very glaring flaws. I hope no one holds back on their opinion just because of my attachment to the car. In fact, I want to hear everything everyone has to say about it. It's important to me. I want to know how others perceive it, how it affects them, etc.. It doesn't have to be thought out, or good. I just enjoy hearing others talk about it, both the good and bad. It would mean an incredible lot to me.

So I guess you're game for tomorrow's race then? That would mean I'll also participate I guess. Oh and also: please include me again in your story, as the awkward, filthy rich German, who likes to name Nordschleife lap times (and since a few months also the top speeds + Tsukuba times). :dopey:

@XSquareStickIt When's the race? I did not participate in a long time, totally out of the loop, but REALLY wanna join this one.

Gonna take a while for a n00b like me to get used to this one... or I have to remember not to punch the gas so soon. Could only manage a 2:33.899 around the mount.

Nice first post lmao. jk jk welcome to the club/planet mate! :cheers::gtpflag:

Last edited:
So I guess you're game for tomorrow's race then? That would mean I'll also participate I guess. Oh and also: please include me again in your story, as the awkward, filthy rich German, who likes to name Nordschleife lap times (and since a few months also the top speeds + Tsukuba times). :dopey:

@XSquareStickIt When's the race? I did not participate in a long time, totally out of the loop, but REALLY wanna join this one.

I will try my darndest to be there tomorrow, though life may throw me some curveballs. The race is in about 13 and a half hours from now.

I'm not writing a story for the RX-7 review, sorry. As I said, it's been something I've been working on on the side for the past few months, and I haven't made it into any story.

Can please someone outright write down the time the race tomorrow starts? I do not fancy getting up for the 5th time or so too late or too early...as in any case I'll have to get up anywhere between 3.30 am and 5 am...

Last edited:
Amazing playful communicative chassis. Its one of those cars you can initiate a powerslide and then halt it in the middle of the slide once you're happy with the way the car is pointed. Very high corner speeds, decent brakes, accurate neutral vice free steering. Very slight weight shift at the back but it tends to help the car's handling.

HOWEVER... what I dont like is the motor. Even at the N500 level I think its a bit peaky. The powerband doesnt feel very full but it does seem adequate the 300-500. The power there but I guess I'm not a huge fan of rotors. Also 5 gears isnt enough but you can always go Amemiya for more.

Also that '02 is about the prettiest car of its generation... even better than the NSX '02 or obviously any Supra Silvia Skyline ever ever made.... you could argue the Fairlady.

Well it's that time of year where we get to choose the COTY and BOTY. COTW hasn't changed but the world around us did but we all gathered on Tuesday nights and drove the car or just hung around the forum and discussed whether the car was Sleeper, Neutral, or a complete Beater. From Today until Sunday you can send in your votes for COTY and BOTY. The winners will be announced next Monday and then Tuesday we will go racing with the COTY.

The cars that up for COTY and BOTY are from Weeks 68-116. Once you have chosen a vehicle that is worthy of these titles you can send a message to me. Looking forward to COTW 2021.

Videos! Videos! Get 'em while they're hot and before they need an engine rebuild!

Race 1 — Tsukuba

Race 2 — Bathurst

Race 3 — Interlagos

Race 4 — Laguna Seca
https://youtu.be/gxTSzaR0XQQ
(can't embed more than five videos per post, sorry)

Race 5 — Toukyo South Inner

Race 6 — Dragon Trail: Seaside

From Today until Sunday you can send in your votes for COTY and BOTY. The winners will be announced next Monday and then Tuesday we will go racing with the COTY.

The cars that up for COTY and BOTY are from Weeks 68-116. Once you have chosen a vehicle that is worthy of these titles you can send a message to me. Looking forward to COTW 2021.

Are we only doing COTY and BOTY this year? What about the other awards, like best looking, worst looking, most artistic, etc.? Can we nominate other awards? I'd like to pitch a new award for "Car that provided the best racing", if possible.

Are we only doing COTY and BOTY this year? What about the other awards, like best looking, worst looking, most artistic, etc.? Can we nominate other awards? I'd like to pitch a new award for "Car that provided the best racing", if possible.

We could but I'm not sure how many responses we got from last year when we did the awards. I know @Nismonath5 would have all that information and statistic on what cars people voted for, for the other rewards.

We could but I'm not sure how many responses we got from last year when we did the awards. I know @Nismonath5 would have all that information and statistic on what cars people voted for, for the other rewards.
We really didn't get many. Most of the time there were two or three nominees, only because two or three people actually picked a car.

Back