Car of the Week 228: COTY GTS Finale

• Thread starter Racer283
  • 3,110 comments
That’ll be the acid test for me, you guys have gotten much better since we all first raced and for once I’M the one playing catch up. :P

It’ll be great getting back alongside you guys. :cheers:
Well, if you wanna get together for some practise sparring, I can spare a half hour or so :D

I finally figured out how to use the Share button on the PS4 controller :lol:

Suzuki Swift Sport '07
1,586 cc
123 hp / 7,000 rpm
109.2 ft-lbs / 5,000 rpm
2,337 lbs.

Fastest lap at Tsukuba on Sport Hard tires attempted tonight:

Mini Cooper S '05 is over 1.5 seconds faster. I don't see the appeal of this car. Beater all the way for me.

tenor (1).gif

I finally figured out how to use the Share button on the PS4 controller :lol:

Suzuki Swift Sport '07
1,586 cc
123 hp / 7,000 rpm
109.2 ft-lbs / 5,000 rpm
2,337 lbs.

Fastest lap at Tsukuba on Sport Hard tires attempted tonight:

Mini Cooper S '05 is over 1.5 seconds faster. I don't see the appeal of this car. Beater all the way for me.

A supercharger will do that.

It's a fun car, for half the price of a cooper S( here, in Australia). Also nearly half the price in game too.
Takes me back to a time when Hot hatches had under 140hp, weighed a tonne or under and carried 4-5 passengers, by taking up very little outside space.

Amazing how Suzuki pulled this off. Even today, their latest Swift Sport, is under 1000kg(less than this '07 model), has 140hp w/ turbo, is still small(about 4 inches longer than the MINI, but same width and two inches taller while being 120kg lighter than the MINI) and loads of fun.

A supercharger will do that.

It's a fun car, for half the price of a cooper S( here, in Australia). Also nearly half the price in game too.
Takes me back to a time when Hot hatches had under 140hp, weighed a tonne or under and carried 4-5 passengers, by taking up very little outside space.

Amazing how Suzuki pulled this off. Even today, their latest Swift Sport, is under 1000kg(less than this '07 model), has 140hp w/ turbo, is still small(about 4 inches longer than the MINI, but same width and two inches taller while being 120kg lighter than the MINI) and loads of fun.

Yes the 2018 Swift Sport is fantastic. I agree. The '07 has similar power and weight as a '92 EG Civic 1.6 EX/Si.

Only had a short time to enter the room. Did some spectating of one of the races. Think it was a purple one leading. A cool green & white one with gold wheels and a fluorescent pink with bubbles or circles on the sides. Racing looked close and clean. However that purple one was distancing itself rather quickly.

Won't be joining tonight as it's DBZ release at the movies.
Damn grown a## men going to see it. :lol:

Only had a short time to enter the room. Did some spectating of one of the races. Think it was a purple one leading. A cool green & white one with gold wheels and a fluorescent pink with bubbles or circles on the sides. Racing looked close and clean. However that purple one was distancing itself rather quickly.

The person in purple who was distancing himself from the rest is @Vic Reign93. He is usually the fastest one in the room and can pull away fairly quick

The person in purple who was distancing himself from the rest is @Vic Reign93. He is usually the fastest one in the room and can pull away fairly quick

In pretty much any car too. Pick literally any car and he'll not only beat you, he'll probably lap you. No practise required!

Well, @Vic Reign93 is a COTW Hall of Fame inductee for a reason!!! And he hasn't lost anything. Including speed lol. ;)

Cheers

Aww you guys are making me blush. :embarrassed:

You guys have also improved on your performances and in my temporary absesnce from the GT branch of COTW, i've also been keeping my skills sharpened and myself humble as I can be. :D

Oh btw @Nismonath5 that whole deal with the Atenza in N100 at BB Raceway? totally doable providing you keep an eye on any Skylines near the front as they will be on you in the closing stages. ;)👍

96k a pop for the handicap and clean race bonus. :sly:

Not sure where @Racer283's at with the new car, but while we wait I'd like some ideas from you guys on how to bring back another COTW staple: Playing With TT's.

The problem is that we have no clubs like we did in GT6, so we can't host private events for people to compete.

My thinking is we do it much like how @bjl23 and the GT6 challenge hub do their results, and use time trial mode, with users simply posting screenshots of their times and we do a leaderboard here.

The only thing about that is we'll have no way of keeping people from tuning their cars.. BoP only does so much!!

Keen to hear others' thoughts on it all!

If you want to do playing with TT then you will need to set it up like @MrWaflz55 does his duel of the week.

Everyone will need to run their TT under any rules you have set. Then save your best lap then share it. Then fill in the 3 tag locations with things like COTW and anything else you want to filter your members TT so its easier to find them.
You will have to post everyone's times though at the end of the TT week.

The Suzuki Swift Sport '07-neither swift nor sporty. It's not a bad car, but it's not a good one either. There are FF cars in GT Sport that are worse. It suffers from the usual ills that go along with a FF drivetrain. It handles fair, has ok brakes, but its not fast. I'm not particularly fond of its looks. At least the Scion Xb and Nissan Cube have some funk in the styling. Heck, even the Suzuki Aerio looks cooler than the Swift.

However, as I've been known to do, I also tested this weeks faire with a not-too-modest tune up. It becomes the personification of pocket rocket. While not as much of a sleeper as the Renault Clio, it sure gets the job done. With a maximum 281hp and minimum weight of 2103lbs it gets into the N300 category. While it's a handful with that much power, it certainly is Swift and Sport(y)!

Overall I've got to give this one a verdict of neutral. I'm keeping it 👍 Well, this and the 4 clones PD has gifted me with the daily wheel spin.

Lovely liveries courtesy of DARWINACEN. I wish I had his talent.
https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/user/profile/3623811/gallery/carLivery

8143094237388341788_0.jpg

A Swift Return To Form

So here I am, back again(Victory’s back, Tell a friend.:P) and getting right back into what we do, race and review the many cars of GT Sport.

And having got PS4 Share figured out, I can now record decent quality replays of our exploits and here’s numero uno for you guys. ;)

So the Swift Sport, Jack joked that the Swift was false advertising as it didn’t feel Swift and with a 1.6 123hp 4 cylinder hauling 1,060kgs, he may have had a point.

A point that was justified when the Classic Mini was brought out and could out accelerate the Swift despite having half the power at only 64hp.

Granted you can buy 3 Swifts for the price of 1 Mini with the Swift only costing 16,300Cr so it kinda evens out.

Handling was nippy, but at its limits you could tell it either had no limited slip differential at all or a very open limited slip.

Overall, it’s a wysiwyg(What You See Is What You Get.) car, nothing outstanding, but not terrible either. :)

Verdict: Neutral

FFfmUZK.jpg

Top Gear Ice Hockey Livery by matt-squires
As Vic mentioned, I feel calling this car "The Swift" should be grounds for False Advertising charges in a court of law. The Suzuki should be a Sleeper, having similar power and weight to a Mazda Miata. The difference is that driving the Miata is like going on a kiddie ride at an amusement park as a five year old; it's not fast or dangerous at all, but to your mind it feels like a thrilling experience. In comparison, the Swift is like going on that same kiddie ride as a full-grown adult. You'll spend the entire time feeling slow, bored, and generally embarrassed to be seen in that circumstance.

Suzuki stopped selling cars in North America a few years ago. With a Beater like the Swift, it's not hard to see why.

Last week we tested the Suzuki Swift. It's one of those cars where you have to keep the momentum going or you'll be left hanging. Through out the races on Tuesday, it was pretty competitive as it closed the gap of everyone and there were some paint swaps but it was very close racing. Overall I give the Swift a neutral standing.

This week we head to the home country of our fastest racer in COTW and the triumphant return to the group. @Vic Reign93 has selected the '14 Jaguar F-Type R coupe.

Jaguar-F-type-Coupe-d.jpg

Back