Car of the Week 228: COTY GTS Finale

• Thread starter Racer283
  • 3,110 comments
Uh the AMG GTS...That car is gonna be used for the Mercedes e-cup in Italy. It is a handful of a car i have to say.

Last year i used it in a 3 lap qualifier at Red Bull Ring with wheel and pedal setup... So many spins and oversteer haha.

I too wish the servers were behaving. I was liking us driving the Gr3 cars. Here is a semi-directed video of our race at Tokyo in the GTS

That was a great race @RobboGTAddict. A lot of fun dueling with you!

It's difficult to come up with a verdict on that AMG GTS. It's quite slippery and the suspension is pretty soft. It sounds nice with the in-car view, but bumper cam leaves a lot to be desired. I think I'd have to say that it doesn't really do anything too badly, but then again, it doesn't really do anything exceptionally well.

On the other hand, the AMG GT Gr.3 is a dream to drive. I was surprised to find what a great Gr.3 this is. The one and only complaint on this one is (again) the sound. Like it's street version cousin, the in-car sound is fantastic, while bumper cam leaves me wishing we had the sound source option that GT6 had.

AMG GTS verdict: meh
AMG GT Gr.3 verdict: sleeper!

Linkin Park livery by @chrisspeed281

4908936788135936020_0.jpg

I have both and love them. Love to hear if there are differences between the two apart from sound and logo's.

Having driven them prior I have this to say about them:

They are fast, like everyone expects. So in that aspect they are not a sleeper.But that isn't the most important aspect of a car to me. That is drive ability, especially in a racing game like GTS, and I found them easy to control. Just a blast to drive. so I would call them Sleepers in that aspect.

So my verdict: Sleeper

Introducing the Wynn’s Mazda:

CBACE66E-6710-4832-AEB8-304A1169E920.jpeg

This car was developed to be a Wynn’s Mazda on the side, but a cup car livery primarily. I’m presenting this here because @Nismonath5 made those Mustang liveries a while ago and I mentioned I wanted to do the same. Now I can finally get to it!

We haven’t raced this one yet, but since the Mazda hasn’t been raced I figured I’d have a good bit of notice to prepare the liveries for everyone who orders one. Expect the actual livery to have a Car of the Week logo affixed to the side.

If you want one for the week this is being raced, whenever that is, you can copy this order form below and send it back to me filled out in a PM. Then I can link it to you when it’s finished.

You can get a better sense of the complete livery here: https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gts...lery/all/livery/1204631/1/8143088671261754913

- Mazda Atenza Gr.3 Livery Order Form -

(Everything contained in the brackets are an example from the image above)

PSN ID: [Insert PSN ID here]
Primary Colour: [Purple Area]
Stripe 1 Colour: [Orange Stripes]
Stripe 2 Colour: [Magenta Stripes]
Secondary Colour: [White Area]
Tire Manufacturer: [Continental]
Rim Style: [Brief description. I.E. Centre-locking, BBS etc.]
Racing Number: [66]
Accent Colour: [Colour on splitter, mirrors, etc.]
Toppings?: [Suggest additional changes or more personalized ideas here]

Again, I have no idea when the Atenza is going to be raced, but I believe it’s better to get this stuff sorted ASAP so I’m not scrambling on a Monday putting all of them together.

Last edited:
Report from Tuesday night’s lobby: the Wildcard option I whipped up this week didn’t fare so well. At least I got two wins under my belt, #ForzaEarthDreams.

But despite what it may have looked like, I had fun...

BAD6772D-54AF-4935-B106-A0F5EBB26880.jpeg

...getting passed...

1EDA3224-EC4B-45F2-AB73-4FCD7446AEA0.jpeg

...getting passed some more...

4C0F6360-A54D-42D8-8ABE-66AF4F243DA3.jpeg

...eating crap from a punterino...

36FC40DF-80FF-4501-A36A-419613F00F7D.jpeg

...getting passed yet again...

03EFE60E-5993-4D75-A595-43110F01DC82.jpeg

It’s a tough life being a Williams.

Great racing last night. Unfortunately I was plagued with server errors all night. Apologies for some clumsy looking contact. Has anyone else disconnected and then reconnect several times during a race?

I know I haven't been particularly active as of late, but I wanted to check in before I leave for vacation to California tomorrow. One of the things I'll be doing along the way is getting my first real high performance driving experience. I'll be behind the wheel of a Chevrolet Corvette Z51 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. And yes, I've turned to sim-racing to help prepare me for the moment.

See you in October!

I know I haven't been particularly active as of late, but I wanted to check in before I leave for vacation to California tomorrow. One of the things I'll be doing along the way is getting my first real high performance driving experience. I'll be behind the wheel of a Chevrolet Corvette Z51 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. And yes, I've turned to sim-racing to help prepare me for the moment.

See you in October!

Enjoy it bud!! Take lots of pics and vids, and remember... There won't be a reset button in the Corvette! ;)

Doing something a little different for the next car as I haven't heard from the person that was selected. So I'm opening up the floor to COTW Family as a whole to select this weeks car. Would you guys like to test a street car, race car or VGT. I'm open to ideas but we must all agree on a car.

This week we will be going with the Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo. This car was chosen by the COTW Family.

latest
I hate it. I had the second gen model which makes this one feel slow. It's not slow in a straight line, it will out accelerate a Nissan 300ZX TT easily around a track due to all the torque being at 2500-RPM. It's fast in first and second, third to fifth is a slog.

Ugh why did they do this.

Did an 08.15.381 with it on the Nordschleife. I have been pretty much exactly one second slower in this one, than in the Lancer IV. That said, obviously this is one of the slowest JDMs. The weight this thing has, makes itself very apparent. No car was being pushed off the track by its weight as much as this one, that's for sure. Also, its gear ratios are really not well suited for the Nordschleife.

Nonetheless, the car is very, very planted and thus very easy to drive and move at the limit. It can get very tricky to bring it to a halt from higher speeds though, as it gets rather unstable. Also it sounds rather nice and looks very good, in my opinion.

Verdict: Somewhat of a beater.

Last edited:
Did a 07.15.381 with it on the Nordschleife. I have been pretty much exactly one second slower in this one, than in the Lancer IV. That said, obviously this is one of the slowest JDMs. The weight this thing has, makes itself very apparent. No car was being pushed off the track by its weight as much as this one, that's for sure. Also, its gear ratios are really not well suited for the Nordschleife.

Nonetheless, the car is very, very planted and thus very easy to drive and move at the limit. It can get very tricky to bring it to a halt from higher speeds though, as it gets rather unstable. Also it sounds rather nice and looks very good, in my opinion.

The 1994+ models made the 300ZX TT feel slow. Newer ones have an underrated 320hp/325tq and weighed WAY less, 150lbs less as the years went on. I had a 96 VR4 and ran a best of 13.29@103.0 stock. No mods.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/virtual-velocity/

Nice run. The second gen models had. 6 speed and 320hp/315tq and weighed 3650-3710 lbs. I had a 1996 3000GT VR4 and ran a 13.28@103.1 STOCK. I made 300ZX Twin Turbo owners cry.

The GTO MR beat the Skyline GTR R32/R33 in a staright line. The MR weighed only 67 lbs less.

Did a 07.15.381 with it on the Nordschleife. I have been pretty much exactly one second slower in this one, than in the Lancer IV. That said, obviously this is one of the slowest JDMs. The weight this thing has, makes itself very apparent. No car was being pushed off the track by its weight as much as this one, that's for sure. Also, its gear ratios are really not well suited for the Nordschleife.

Slowest JDM car is the Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo. Launches awful, bad gearing for acceleration, but lovely other than that. Once 1993 hit the Z died quickly as Nissan didn't update it, leaving it with a weak 300hp/283tq. Never been tested under 13.7 ET or trapped higher than 105, which is what the VR4 trapped highest as well.

I'm gonna go play GT5 and be salty. Lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Back