Car of the Week 228: COTY GTS Finale

• Thread starter Racer283
  • 3,110 comments
This week we are going with another staple car to the Gran Turismo Series, we are testing the Honda S2000. This weeks car was chosen by @Draggon

honda-s2000-australia.jpg

Did an 08.08.538 with it on the Nordschleife.

Great car. Lovely sound, good speed, amazing/fun handling and beautiful looks to boot. Still isn't a sleeper though, because it is exactly as fast as you would expect it to be. Nonetheless one of my all time favourites.

This I agree with 100%, you always get those Nurburing times up quick! I love that! Helps me study on how to become a better driver.

I'm gonna have to watch all of them at some point! Don't know how you do it man, it's incredible.

There are of course some considerably faster drivers (in most cases at least), like @Yassi_99 or our @Vic Reign93. Still, thx for the compliment. :)

I know you're not gonna watch ALL of them, but I'm rather proud of the following laps: Skyline R34, F40, both NSXs, Hurracan, Aventador, both new GTRs, Enzo and La Ferrari. Some others too I guess :P

It's 22:18 pm here atm, and I really am torn wether I should get up at 4.45am before work to participate. Difficult to resist dat S2000...

There are of course some considerably faster drivers (in most cases at least), like @Yassi_99 or our @Vic Reign93. Still, thx for the compliment. :)

I know you're not gonna watch ALL of them, but I'm rather proud of the following laps: Skyline R34, F40, both NSXs, Hurracan, Aventador, both new GTRs, Enzo and La Ferrari. Some others too I guess :P

It's 22:18 pm here atm, and I really am torn wether I should get up at 4.45am before work to participate. Difficult to resist dat S2000...

Lol you'd be surprised, I watch all of the ones I've seen and have even gone to older pages to watch! @Yassi and @vic are also amaaazing drivers, hilarious to boot! I think you should get in on the action! Who can resist that one of Honda's legends? But, I get that dilemma for sure!

Sorry people, the server issues tonight were really bad for me... I was in the middle of a turn and suddenly I was looking at the Home screen. Not even the lobby menu but the home screen!!! I just called it a night from there. Was some good racing in a very good car but Ted got to me twice and wasn't getting me thrice.

Cheers

Sorry people, the server issues tonight were really bad for me... I was in the middle of a turn and suddenly I was looking at the Home screen. Not even the lobby menu but the home screen!!! I just called it a night from there. Was some good racing in a very good car but Ted got to me twice and wasn't getting me thrice.

Cheers
Dude I'm so sorry I rammed you off the track like that! I don't know how I could misjudge the braking point and the entire situation so much. Sorry again. :guilty:

Dude I'm so sorry I rammed you off the track like that! I don't know how I could misjudge the braking point and the entire situation so much. Sorry again. :guilty:

Not sure what you're referring to, to be honest... because on my end, it never happened. I was making a turn, and then I was gone... right out to the main GTSport screen (the "Home" screen). So I just shut down my PS4. So please, don't feel bad...

Cheers

So what is the start time of the COTW races? Was it changed? I was online punctually at 5 am and still missed two entire races, with only two left. What gives?

EDIT: I believe it's because of the time changing in Europe for winter time. You Americans don't do that, right?

Last edited:
So the Honda S2000, Gran Turismo 2’s cover car and was for quite some time, the king of HP per litre for Naturally Aspirated cars at 124hp per litre. :drool:

While the likes of Ferrari and Porsche have since built cars that surpass it, you’ll be surprised which modern performance cars don’t beat the S2000’s figure.

Lamborghini Huracan 115hp per litre
Audi R8 V10 Plus 117hp per litre
Ferrari F12tdf 122hp per litre

Heck even the upcoming Aventador SV has a lower hp per litre than the S2000. :eek:

Of course Turbos make Hp per litre almost child’s play these days, but that hasn’t stopped Mercedes making 415hp from a 2.0 4 cylinder turbo in the upcoming A45 AMG S which’ll come out to 207.5hp per ton.

Which is only beaten by (as far as i’m aware) the UK exclusive Mitsubishi Evo X FQ440.( 220hp per litre) and any Koenigsegg which runs the 1341hp 5.0 litre V8 (268hp per litre.).

The point? Just to show how efficient the S2000’s F20C engine was back then and how it stacks up by today’s standards. :P

Weighing under 1300kgs, packing a 6 speed gearbox and a 50-50 weight balance, the S2000 ticks all the right boxes for a 2 seater sports car.

The only weakness is the lack of torque, a side effect for a small, high revving, non turbo 4 banger, it lives at over 7500rpm on the way to its over 9000rpm redline. :drool:

To make the S2000 dance on the track, you need to keep that engine singing while keeping a rhythm through the corners. :sly:

Succeed and it’ll reward you with a fast lap time. ;)

Also, I second the recommendation by @RobboGTAddict to watch the Autopolis race, it was good from his view, but also from my car too, especially at the end. :P

Verdict: Sleeper 👍

Great vids, and oh God that sound! This car has what it takes to compete with some low tier N300 cars if you get it down right! Only complaint is the lack of torque but the rush up top and the sound makes up for it. Great gearing as well.
All around great car, and a great COTW.
Verdict Sleeper. PD got this car right!

Last edited:
I don't know about anyone else, but this new pack of cars was pretty decent...one problem - I want..no I NEED that 300SEL 6.8 AMG in my life!!

Anyone have any thoughts on the cars that dropped?

I don't know about anyone else, but this new pack of cars was pretty decent...one problem - I want..no I NEED that 300SEL 6.8 AMG in my life!!

Anyone have any thoughts on the cars that dropped?

Well, I posted my impressions and Nordschleife laps of the Porsche and Lambo in the video thread. I did like them both a lot.

I hope one of them will be the next COTW. :D

I've been away for a bit. Been extremely depressed and deflated due to a number of reasons that just so happen to have all played out in the space of about a week. I'm gradually coming to terms with it all but it's kinda just sucked all the oxygen out of my productivity lately.

Anyways, feast your ears on Mad Mike's latest creation!

Also, some sights I saw today.
20191103_131434.jpg
20191103_110132.jpg
20191103_110004.jpg
20191103_104748.jpg
20191103_104629.jpg
20191103_110007.jpg
20191103_133826.jpg

Back