Car of the Week 228: COTY GTS Finale

• Thread starter Racer283
  • 3,110 comments
I think I'm pry the only one that enjoyed the Hyundai Genesis Coupe. It certainly put up some great races with everyone and didn't notice much of the understeer or oversteer of the car. The only downside of the car is that the first gear seems long and makes it hard for the car to get off the line. Overall it's a decent car and I would give it a sleeper status.

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving or great week but we are officially back on track with COTW. Also there might be a Tuesday in December that we may have to postpone COTW again but that will be determined once it gets closer.

Now onto this weeks COTW. We head from the country of South Korea to the country of Italy. This company started out making tractors but have made their way to making sports cars. This week we are testing out the Lamborghini Diablo GT '00. This car was chosen by @Alpha Cipher.

photo_2267_lamborghini_diablo_gt_in_hong_kong_1_102417_original.jpg

I dont like the wheels on it. Swap them out for something nice.

ALso this car is pretty hard to drive, particularly in light of the Lambo fesitval where you can choose the Huracan or even Veneno instead.

Unless they have a classic Italian supercar cup.

The Diablo is too fast in this game. It can do better laptimes than newer cars like the NSX or even the GT-R R35. It's quite easy to drive and when I used it the first time I thought it would be an AWD.
I just remembered its horrible sound in GT6 which makes me even happier because of the very raw V12 note in GT Sport. Definitely a badass boi. We just need the Murcielago to complete the Lamborghini family :-)

Last edited:
The Diablo is too fast in this game. It can do better laptimes than newer cars like the NSX or even the GT-R R35. It's quite easy to drive and when I used it the first time I thought it would be an AWD.
I just remembered its horrible sound in GT6 which makes me even happier because of the very raw V12 note in GT Sport. Definitely a badass boi. We just need the Murcieago to complete the Lamborghini family :-)
its an amazing car, it has those easy to control oversteers, and it likes to slide on the big sweeping curves, it really feels heavy as it should.

I was hoping you'd get one in time for this week's victim... was hoping for another round of something like this!!! ;)

Cheers

I've got the game, not sure I'd be able to afford a Diablo right off the bat though... maybe? We'll see. Maybe I'll just show up in a Honda Fit or whatever the starter car is. :lol:

I've got the game, not sure I'd be able to afford a Diablo right off the bat though... maybe? We'll see. Maybe I'll just show up in a Honda Fit or whatever the starter car is. :lol:

You can buy it for real money in Brand Central using your PS+ account. It's 1.99 USD. 👍

You need to watch two videos before you can access online...
Okay, where? I just assumed it was a license thing and went straight for the driving school.
:dunce:

Edit: nevermind. Found it. Right after I'll try and find you guys!

I ended up getting a bundle with three games, but I decided to pick up two extras... try and pick the extras from the bundle! ;)

View attachment 782951

Uncharted Series is really good especially Uncharted 4. Also The Last of Us is good from what I've heard. Another game you might enjoy if you like any of Naughty Dog games is Horizon Zero Dawn from Guerrilla Games.

Glad to have you back, hopefully you can attend tonight.

Uncharted Series is really good especially Uncharted 4. Also The Last of Us is good from what I've heard. Another game you might enjoy if you like any of Naughty Dog games is Horizon Zero Dawn from Guerrilla Games.

Glad to have you back, hopefully you can attend tonight.
I'll be there!!! Just say the word, I'm doing the campaign mode in the meantime :D

I've just got done with the lobby. First of all, shoutout to @Rinsky for the crazy good battle on Seaside. I wish I hadn't screwed the esses at the last lap. Wanted to keep pressuring you :(.

The Diablo. I did a fair bit of offline work with it and all I can say is...

It's bloody fast, but it's absolutely psychopathic. The brakes are useless and just a tad too much gas dooms the car unless you're fast on the countersteer. I ended up running a GT-R '17 and then, even more hilariously, the Raptor (and I was actually doing really well with it at one point!).

Ultimately, I'm giving the Diablo a Neutral. It's a car that acts as a shining example of Awesome, but Difficult.

(did I mention that I was sandwiched by an army of Diablos in the F150 at one point and managed not to hit anyone hard?)

HUGE THANK YOU to you all for having me back!!! Picked one heck of a car for me to start my PS4 COTW days on, but I'd like to think I wasnt too bad :lol:

Here's to more!!
Btw: do we still do Playing With TT's, or nah..?

I haven't started the TT's but we can if anyone is interested in doing it.

PS_Messages_20181129_112329.jpg

2000 Lamborghini Diablo GT

This is my favorite car ever made by Lamborghini and one of my favorite in GTS so I instantly excited to see it come up this week. This is also the car I used to knock out the Lamborghini Cup events under the GT League when it was first introduced.

In true GT fashion the N-600 Diablo gets the same tire compound as a N-100 Honda S660. The Diablo come in at 571hp and the Honda is 63hp but for some reason we get the same cheap Sport Hard compound on almost every car Factory Stock in the game.

It takes some getting used to but the Diablo handles Sport Hards better than most Exotic Super Cars in the game. The loss of grip can be controlled when the car breaks loose in the rear and it exhibits no snap oversteer making it fun at times to drift the car around corners.

Because the Diablo is an N-600 car its available and competitive enough to be use in the highest payout races in GT League's Professional League.
Playing on a Controller with an automatic transmission I was able to win every event in the Midship Challenge & Lamborghini Cup on Sport Hard tires and TC off. But because the Diablo only has a top speed of 185mph I was not able to win every race in the Premium Sports lounge.

Online race night sure didn't disappoint as we had a full room most of the time. If you could get out front or clear of most traffic the racing was very good but trying to work your way up through the back of the pack was much more difficult because if someone spun out in front of you or moved into your path there was no stopping the Diablo in time to avoid contact. This was all contributed to the icy like conditions of running Sport Hards on these high powered Exotic Machines. Thanks to @Obelisk, @Draggon, @Infineon, for some very close clean and hard fought racing. Also nice to have you back @Nismonath5

The Lamborghini Diablo GT is a Sleeper to me.

To start with, some business....first, I want to apologize to everyone for the mess I made at Tokyo on Tuesday night. I was getting fatigued, and in a rush to pass, and created a mess for everyone in behind me. Sorry guys :indiff: Secondly, it was great having @Nismonath5 back with us.

As for the races, what a hoot. Lots of close races all evening. So many of our regulars showed up it definitely felt like the good old days with COTW in GT6. @Rinksy and I had a great (and clean 👍) race at Lake Maggiore, @Racer283 and I swapped positions at least 4 times at Mt. Panorama, and finally @Baron Blitz Red and I did the same at La Sarthe until I got greedy at Indianapolis and visited the sandbox.

As for the car, ugh. It feels heavy and IMO has sluggish response. It's fast but it won't stop worth a fig. The combo of heavy car-lousy brakes-SH tires meant many of us had off track excursions, especially at Mt. Nismorama (oops, Mt. Panorama). It definitely has understeer and then when the front catches grip, the rear end gets loose. Despite this, on certain turns when you get the right line and throw it into the turn just right, it slides around so lovely and then just scoots off.

However, it just isn't good enough overall for me to give it anything but Verdict: Beater

I think it's better as a drift car. Evidence below. Spur of the moment IMSA-inspired livery by me. I need to find decals for the lobster claws on the side :lol:

6269041542922535952_0.jpg

Back