UPDATE! Carrera Cup Classic - Drivers Wanted - Exhibition Race Saturday Feb. 25th at 14:00 EST - Road Atlanta

United States
United States
This will be a Carrera Cup Classic Series. Using the '92 Porsche 911 Carrera RS. Minimal Tuning needed. The car build is now posted in the "Spoiler" tab. Assuming you own the car, it is a relatively affordable build. Please post your thoughts if you try the car. Thanks

Check the Schedule Spoiler Tab for the race format and update to the Schedule.

The first Race weekend will be an exhibition race session with more updates to the schedule coming soon..

Carrera Cup Classic.jpg

This series will loosely mimic the Porsche Carrera Cup of the early '90's. Tuning will be allowed with custom vehicle specs using Sports Soft Tires. Race Day will feature a two race sprint format with reverse grid for the second race. Tire wear fuel consumption will be minimal, therefor no need to pit during the race.

Livery requirements coming soon.

Races will take place on TBD

Tentative Start date for Testing = Tuesday February 21st, 2023 at 7pm EST

• '92 Porsche Carrera RS (964)
  • Performance Points = 582.40
  • Max Power = 275 HP
  • Max Torque = 250.1
  • Displacement = 3600 cc
  • Weight = 2330 lbs.
  • Front-Rear Weight Balance - 40:60
The Performance Parts
  • Suspension = Fully Customized Suspension
  • Tires = Sports Soft
  • Differential = Fully Customized
  • ECU = Sport Computer
  • Transmission = Close-Ratio: High
  • Muffler = Semi Racing
  • Brakes = Sport's brake pads
Racing and Custom Parts
  • BBS LM-R wheels
  • Custom front bumper Type-B
  • Either Tow Hook

-TBD
- I have several replica liveries from a couple of different seasons in the early 90s.

Exhibition Race = Saturday February 25th, 2023 @14:00 EST
Road Atlanta - 30 minute practice then 2 30 minute Races

• Start Type - Standing Start with False Start Check
  • Grid Order: TBD
  • Boost: None
  • Slipstream Strength: Real
  • Visible Damage: On
  • Mechanical Damage: Light
  • Tire Wear: TBD
  • Fuel Consumption: TBD
  • Initial Fuel: Default
  • Grip Reduction: Real
  • Race Finish Delay: 180 seconds

• Countersteer Assist: Prohibited
  • ASM: Prohibited
  • Driving Line: No Limit
  • Traction Control: No Limit
  • ABS: No Limit
  • Auto-Drive: Prohibited

Coming Soon

Last edited:
This sounds like an awesome idea. Any ideas on time?
Not much interest from the community yet.

I have made a minor change to the build. I will update the OP and post up when it's done. If you try the car out let me know what you think.

Send me a PM if you'd like to try the car out in a lobby. I'm one the East Coast US.

I am interested if you want to run a few test sessions between now and the start of the Cup Classic. I am also in EST if that helps determining a good time.

Okay folks. How do weekend mornings sound?

9am EST on a Saturday? My work schedule is about to change big time but I am pretty sure I will be able to maintain that.

If anyone is around tonight I can set up a lobby. Also, send me a Friend request when you get a chance. This way we are good to go once things get rolling.

Hey All!

The vehicle build is updated in the OP. Just click on the spoiler tab to see the info.

All I really did was get rid of the "Ballast". I found that it affects the Performance Points and once I tested without Ballast I found the car handled in a way that was just as manageable. It should be noted that Tuning will be allowed. I find it best to tweak the Fully Adjustable Differential to get the car to your liking.

How do you all feel about Starting some testing in a lobby on Tuesday, February 21st 2023 at 7:30 pm Eastern (US)?

Hey All!

The vehicle build is updated in the OP. Just click on the spoiler tab to see the info.

All I really did was get rid of the "Ballast". I found that it affects the Performance Points and once I tested without Ballast I found the car handled in a way that was just as manageable. It should be noted that Tuning will be allowed. I find it best to tweak the Fully Adjustable Differential to get the car to your liking.

How do you all feel about Starting some testing in a lobby on Tuesday, February 21st 2023 at 7:30 pm Eastern (US)?
19:30 eastern is too late for me, the first time you proposed was better.

I recently posted this race replay to YT. It's a 4 lap custom Race against the AI at Le Mans. I have over 20 of this cars in my garage so it's a full field with the Boost set to "weak". Check it out:

Last edited:
I recently posted this race replay to YT. It's a 4 lap custom Race against the AI at Le Mans. I have over 20 of this cars in my garage so it's a full field with the Boost set to "weak". Check it out:

Good run, a few minutes faster than I could achieve. The swing of the car keeps throwing me off.

Good run, a few minutes faster than I could achieve. The swing of the car keeps throwing me off.
Do you mean the Oversteer? Stiffen the front anti-roll bar 1 click and try to Trail brake. TCS will be allowed. I have mine set to 1. This mainly helps during corner exit but sometimes on corner entry when carrying too much speed.

Let me know if you'd like to get my settings.

Do you mean the Oversteer? Stiffen the front anti-roll bar 1 click and try to Trail brake. TCS will be allowed. I have mine set to 1. This mainly helps during corner exit but sometimes on corner entry when carrying too much speed.

Let me know if you'd like to get my settings.
No I am working around the rear end letting go (a little more than I am used to). I am playing around with brake bias and also use TCS. I have not really played much with tuning but will probably start playing with that soon.

I am putting my replay online soon as soon as I can get it put up on you tube. I will also put it online under the shared names, "tpc", "porsche", "carreracup".

Any comments or suggestions are always welcome.

Edit: Video up on YT.

Last edited:
Tuning is allowed. However, the build is specific. Check the Spoiler tab for the specifics.
Ok. I've already built the car and driven it on the base setup. I was just wondering if you were going to mandate a specific tune for the races. Looks like I have some fine tuning to do!

Back