Cars WITHOUT cockpit view in GT Sport

• Thread starter TomBrady
  • 86 comments
United States
Mass UTC-5
HugoStiglitz_420 and GTP_HugoStiglitz
I searched the forum a couple of times, didn't see any threads or posts on this topic so I wanted to bring it up myself and make a list here. I will include cars that already did have cockpit views in GT6 too.

Also, don't assume that if it didn't have a cockpit view in the beta or demo that it doesn't have one now.

Cars with cockpit view-

Mazda LM55
SRT Tomahawk
Chapparal 2X
Bugatti VGT
Hyundai N 2025
Nissan Concept 2020
McLaren Ultimate VGT
Alpine VGT
VW GTI Roadster VGT
Peugeot L500RH and L750RH VGT
Daihatsu VGT
Fittipaldi EF7
Honda VGT
Toyota FT-1

Cars without cockpit view-

Mercedes AMG VGT
Peugeot VGT
Subaru Viziv VGT
Aston Martin DP-100 VGT
Mitsubishi VGT
Lexus VGT
Infiniti VGT
Toyota SF-R Race Car (not vision GT but doesn't have cockpit)
BMW VGT
IsoRivolta Zagato VGT

Last edited:
Peugeot VisionGT doesn't have a cockpit.

That's a real shame. Was hoping that one would.

Serious? I assume they cut the game back so much so they could release a finished product. Surely there will be updates to add these views?

Not at all. That has nothing to do with why these cars don't have cockpit views. These are not only PD's concept cars but also the manufacturers. If the manufacturers are too lazy to design cockpits, there's nothing PD can do about it other than hopefully pressure them to design one (which might be why we now have cockpit views for some of the VGT's)

If anything, this list is mostly good news, not bad.

This is a troll thread right? This seriously still isn't a problem right?

The only trolls are the manufacturers that didn't design cockpits for their concept cars.

Honestly I wish PD just removed all concept cars that the manufacturers refused to design cockpits for but I don't think Kaz has ever really cared about cockpit view since he uses the stupid bumper cam

The game has barely 150 cars. It's a shame some don't have cockpit views. I found out about the Mercedes one during one of the Missions and I couldn't believe it. I cycled through the views multiple times thinking maybe I pressed R1 too fast, but no.

*160. Barely 160 cars, and so far only 3 don't have cockpit views.

Again, this is the problem with the way PD went about the whole VGT thing. They should've insisted that cockpit views be designed for these cars. Instead they let the manufacturers do whatever they wanted. Mistake.

At least we have got cockpit views added to brilliant cars like the LM55 though. Also, the Nissan 2020 was a nice surprise when I drove it.

I think I'll buy the Aston Martin VGT because I'm pretty sure it also has a new cockpit view now. Looking at it from the outside, it really looks like I see more than just the blacked out generic interior. See a dashboard at least.

Who drives VGT cars???

That's a rather ridiculous question to ask considering how many beloved cars of the GT series, and also ones that are mostly unique to the GT series have been concept cars. Tommy Kaira ZZII, VW Nardo, Red bull X1, and many more i'm forgetting. SRT Tomahawk is reaching that status as well considering it's by far the craziest thing you can drive in any sim at the moment.

A better question is why wouldn't you want to drive vehicles that look and feel totally unique in a sim that is badly lacking in variety????

Do both Mercedes not have cockpit? There's a road version and the Racing Series.

I've only driven the race version but I can't imagine that the road would have a cockpit but not the race version. It is possible I suppose since the race version would look odd without a racing style steering wheel and instrument panel.

But also, when looking at the Road VGT in photo mode or in the dealership, you can't see through the windshield at all, which is usually a bad sign (though oddly not in the case of the nissan 2020 concept though. When I saw it, I thought for sure it still didn't have a cockpit, but then drove it and was pleasantly surprised)

Wow... seriously? This is still happening? :lol:

Of course it is. PD doesn't legally have the rights to just design cockpits for these cars. If the manufacturer doesn't do it, it won't have one.

I'd rather PD took those cars out of GT Sport altogether though.

Last edited:
That's a rather ridiculous question to ask considering how many beloved cars of the GT series, and also ones that are mostly unique to the GT series have been concept cars. Tommy Kaira ZZII, VW Nardo, Red bull X1, and many more i'm forgetting. SRT Tomahawk is reaching that status as well considering it's by far the craziest thing you can drive in any sim at the moment.

A better question is why wouldn't you want to drive vehicles that look and feel totally unique in a sim that is badly lacking in variety????
Many people, me included, think they are a complete joke and get absolutely nothing from driving them.

I get the sentiment but with the super low car count I'm glad there is SOMETHING different to drive other than race cars.

I really don't get it at all. What is wrong with variety? What is wrong with unique and interestingly designed cars?

Especially given the heritage concept cars have had in the GT series, I just find it silly for anyone to brush off the VGT's for any reason other than them not having cockpit view or them driving like crap and with most of the VGT's, neither is the case.

Many people, me included, think they are a complete joke and get absolutely nothing from driving them.

The only complete joke is the idea of being interested in cars but not being interested in ones that are totally unique and go extremely fast and/or are great to drive just because they're concepts.

All the cars you drive in GT Sport are virtually simulated so to have this sort of snobbery towards cars simply because they don't exist or aren't being used in official race series is the real joke.

Did you have the same attitude towards the C7 corvette that GT5 got when it was still just a concept because it was only a concept car? If so, there's another joke.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only complete joke is someone interested in cars that isn't interested in ones that are totally unique and go extremely fast and/or are great to drive.
How about you respect peoples opinions and play the ball not the man? You are free to like pretend cars that go super duper fast all you want. I prefer to drive real cars on real tracks, so I can compare it to what I watch at the track and on TV.

How about you respect peoples opinions and play the ball not the man? You are free to like pretend cars that go super duper fast all you want. I prefer to drive real cars on real tracks, so I can compare it to what I watch at the track and on TV.

It was directed at your attitude not your personality. Though I did edit the wording a bit to make that more obvious. Sorry if you misunderstood me. Point still stands.

Comparing cars to real life is fun, but you can't honestly pretend that's the only thing that makes a car relevant. I mean, honestly that's an extremely narrow point of view to have to only be interested in driving a car in a sim that can be compared to real life.

I don't get it but you challenged the idea of people enjoying concept cars, I have the right to challenge your point of view back.

It was directed at your opinion which is why I edited the wording a bit. Sorry. Point still stands.

Comparing cars to real life is fun, but you can't honestly pretend that's the only thing that makes a car relevant.
What is relevant to you is of no consequence to what is relevant to me. You are shocked that I find them irrelevant in exactly the same way I'm amazed you find them relevant. Neither of us is wrong and neither of us is right so stop behaving like you are the authority on what is relevant. You're not.

And I have just read your edit. More unnecessary guff. It's not snobbery, it's a preference for real cars over pretend cars. Shoot me.

What is relevant to you is of no consequence to what is relevant to me. You are shocked that I find them irrelevant in exactly the same way I'm amazed you find them relevant. Neither of us is wrong and neither of us is right so stop behaving like you are the authority on what is relevant. You're not.

And I have just read your edit. More unnecessary guff. It's not snobbery, it's a preference for real cars over pretend cars. Shoot me.

Oh don't pretend like you both weren't also pretending to be authorities on the matter when you called into question "who drives them?" as if you couldn't figure out that many people do just by going online and why they drive them. He asked, you agreed with him, I explained who drives them, and why people would want to drive them and challenged your point of view.

And if you really preferred to drive real cars over pretend ones, you wouldn't be playing a racing sim. They're all pretend technically. Not to mention, what about the concept cars that do actually drive in real life? Doesn't sound like you make an exception for those so again, you're not being honest here claiming you "prefer real cars over pretend ones".

Oh don't pretend like you both weren't also pretending to be authorities on the matter when you called into question "who drives them?" as if you couldn't figure out that many people do just by going online and why they drive them. He asked, you agreed with him, I explained who drives them, and why people would want to drive them and challenged your point of view.

And if you really preferred to drive real cars over pretend ones, you wouldn't be playing a racing sim. They're all pretend technically. Not to mention, what about the concept cars that do actually drive in real life? Doesn't sound like you make an exception for those so again, you're not being honest here claiming you "prefer real cars over pretend ones".

Don't wanna interject myself, but you are wasting your time there. And finger skin.

I searched the forum a couple of times, didn't see any threads or posts on this topic so I wanted to bring it up myself.

So far, the only car I've found without a cockpit view is the Mercedes Vision GT. Every other Vision GT Car I've driven has had a cockpit view made for (even though it didn't have one in GT6).

There are some cars I've looked at in the dealership that appear to have cockpits now like the Aston Martin VGT but I haven't driven so I can't confirm.

So if anyone has tried the others and can confirm for sure after having driven it themselves, I'll make a list here. I will include cars that already did have cockpit views in GT6 too.

Also, don't assume that if it didn't have a cockpit view in the beta or demo that it doesn't have one now.

Vision GT Cars with cockpit view-

Mazda LM55
SRT Tomahawk
Chapparal 2X
Bugatti VGT
Hyundai N 2025
Nissan Concept 2020
McLaren Ultimate VGT
Alpine VGT
VW GTI Roadster VGT
Peugeot L500RH and L750RH

Vision GT Cars without cockpit view-

Mercedes AMG VGT
Peugeot VGT
Subaru Viziv VGT
Aston Martin.

The only trolls are the manufacturers that didn't design cockpits for their concept cars.
I might be imagining it but I'm pretty sure I saw the Aston Martin with a cockpit design ( or maybe some other car they didn't bother modeling).

Those concepts were legit concepts though, these GT vision cars were purely for the game and are frankly garbage for the most part and drive garbage. The issue wouldn't be so bad if the car list was so thin.

Yes. There are many without cockpit views. I've said it before and I'll say it again...this is more like Gran Turismo Prologue 7. It's a total disgrace to have inconsistencies such as this. I think they were either still occupied with GT6 or just didn't care.

Also I totally agree about the Vision GT cars. Who flipping cares about VGT? I've never even looked at the videos. Why are they even being made? When the idea was introduced in GT6 ( or was it 5?) I scoffed. Never even gave it a second of my time. Right to Career Mode without hesitation.

I've made my mind up. I went back to Gran Turismo 6 and it felt like home again. The car list is just heavenly. So I'm not playing GTS until they update it with content and fix the inconsistencies. Scrap all the other stuff and give us a legitimate career mode along with more cars that are fully featured. That's mandatory! I didn't pay 60 dollars for a prologue.

Do you struggle with reading comprehension? In the very post you quoted I said, 'Neither of us is wrong and neither of us is right.' If that is me claiming to be an authority on anything then you are seeing something the rest of the world isn't.

I claimed the Vision GT cars where a complete joke and I didn't, along with many other people, enjoy driving them. You claimed I was a complete joke for holding an opinion different to yours.
And more power to you. It'd be a pretty lame world if we all agreed on everything.

Back