Cars WITHOUT cockpit view in GT Sport

• Thread starter TomBrady
  • 86 comments
Basically some of the VGT and Concept cars don't have interiors, presumably because the manufacturers never designed any interiors for them.

Also lol at the people saying who cares about VGT cars. Talk about not being an enthusiast. Actually watch the videos that accompany them. The VGT cars represent the absolute pinnacle of automotive design and technology without the same budget, technology, safety and production limitations. These VGT cars could very much be an insight in to the future of vehicular technology and design.

Side note, noticed the BMW M2 has a striking resemblance to the BMW VGT car, so clearly some design language transfered over.

Last edited:
Basically some of the VGT and Concept cars don't have interiors, presumably because the manufacturers never designed any interiors for them.
I see this being said a lot, but is there any backing to it? Whatever the case, PD should have done a thorough enough job with this project to make sure these things are there .

Also lol at the people saying who cares about VGT cats. Talk about not being a car enthusiast.
While I don't generally agree with the "who cares" sentiment, not liking a certain car doesn't make someone not a car enthusiast all of sudden. Just means you have a personal preference.

The VGT cars represent the absolute pinnacle of automotive design and technology without the same budget and production limitations.
Or physical limitations for what's actually possible, some.

Side note, noticed the BMW M2 ahas a striking resemblance to the BMW VGT car, so clearly some design language transfered over.
If anything, it was likely the planning of the brand new 2 series that transferred over to the VGT project.

I see this being said a lot, but is there any backing to it? Whatever the case, PD should have done a thorough enough job with this project to make sure these things are there .

While I don't generally agree with the "who cares" sentiment, not liking a certain car doesn't make someone not a car enthusiast all of sudden. Just means you have a personal preference.

Or physical limitations for what's actually possible, some.

If anything, it was likely the planning of the brand new 2 series that transferred over to the VGT project.

The BMW VGT was announced in the beginning of 2014. The BMW M2 was available in 2016. I'd imagine it was the other way around, and this isn't the first time either. Several real world vehicles released in recent years have shared design iconography with the VGT counterparts. Likewise, Mercedes new 2019 line cars (eg CSL) are supposedly taking cues from the VGT, with a more organic, rounder more futuristic look.

The BMW VGT was announced in the beginning of 2014. The BMW M2 was available in 2016. I'd imagine it was the other way around, and this isn't the first time either. Several real world vehicles released in recent years have shared design iconography with the VGT counterparts. Likewise, Mercedes new 2019 line cars (eg CSL) are supposedly taking cues from the VGT, with a more organic, rounder more futuristic look.
When do you think they began the initial design concept for the 2016 M2?

When do you think they began the initial design concept for the 2016 M2?

Probably around a similar time as the announcement of the VGT. Essentially the same aerodynamic data could be interchanged between the two. Though I still personally prefer the look of the BMW VGT.

Probably around a similar time as the announcement of the VGT. Essentially the same aerodynamic data could be interchanged between the two. Though I still personally prefer the look of the BMW VGT.
It's probably fair to suggest that the initial design work of the M2 took preference over the VGT and therefore not a great stretch to suggest that the VGT took some direction from the M2 rather than the other way round then?

It's probably fair to suggest that the initial design work of the M2 took preference over the VGT and therefore not a great stretch to suggest that the VGT took some direction from the M2 rather than the other way round then?

Most commercial vehicles take design cues from internal concept cars, not the other way around. That's the whole point of a concept or vision car, to be an example of the future, or what is possible without as many limitations, not simply an extension of what is already planned or exists.

Also lol at the people saying who cares about VGT cars. Talk about not being an enthusiast. Actually watch the videos that accompany them. The VGT cars represent the absolute pinnacle of automotive design and technology without the same budget, technology, safety and production limitations. These VGT cars could very much be an insight in to the future of vehicular technology and design.

Side note, noticed the BMW M2 ahas a striking resemblance to the BMW VGT car, so clearly some design language transfered over.

I couldn't agree more.

It's just a silly reason to completely dismiss something in my opinion. I don't like a lot of them but it's mostly because of the way they drive, look, or because they don't have cockpit view. You know, normal reasons most people would dislike any car, not simply because they're concept cars. Concept cars made by REAL manufacturers no less.

Being less interested because they're concepts is understandable but asking "who would ever drive these?" as if no one should? Ridiculous. Everyone has a different point of view so that's a really ignorant and inflammatory question to even ask in a thread where they're one of the main subjects.

It's just a silly reason to completely dismiss something in my opinion. I don't like a lot of them but it's mostly because of the way they drive, look, or because they don't have cockpit view. You know, normal reasons most people would dislike any car, not simply because they're concept cars. Concept cars made by REAL manufacturers no less.
Sure, the one single person posted something a bit ridiculous but the way you went after everyone that had nothing to do with that was no less ignorant than that. You did very Little to find out why and instead linked everyone into the same category as if they said what that guy said. The issues you have with them are very much the same I have.

Ridiculous. Everyone has a different point of view so that's a really ignorant and inflammatory question to even ask in a thread where they're one of the main subjects.
Oh wow, are you turning a new leaf?! I could have sworn you've been doing something very similar to other games for some time now. Nice to see a change of heart in that regard.

Side note, noticed the BMW M2 has a striking resemblance to the BMW VGT car, so clearly some design language transfered over.

I, sir, am a MASSIVE enthusiast. We all have what we prefer, for instance irl I want nothing but a manual gearbox. Some may fancy flappy paddles. The VGT cars are just over the top ridiculous. Thats just fact. I like driving a machine thats some what attainable, something I can relate to. Not a spaceship from 2040. I wouldnt mind a VGT car here and there, although I still wouldnt want to drive it. But the game is flooded with them. For a game thats talking up a SIM status it sure gets awful arcadey behind the wheel of those cars.

That being said the BMW VGT is kinda cool. Definitely has an old school flava worked in well (still wont drive it).

Last edited:
Serious? I assume they cut the game back so much so they could release a finished product. Surely there will be updates to add these views?

Possibly, however the view may be very poor, hard to use. Had a couple race cars I had to switch to bumper cam because I couldn't see very well.

Let me catch you guys saying one more time, some VGT’s don’t have interiors because they weren’t designed or made, I present you, the Mercedes and Aston Martin VGT’s Interiors.

Attachments

• BF1E492E-44CF-46DB-9C32-ABC4A7E025A5.png
    BF1E492E-44CF-46DB-9C32-ABC4A7E025A5.png
    40.2 KB · Views: 101
  • 6920BE02-480C-4DC1-B72A-D25CB857AB3F.png
    6920BE02-480C-4DC1-B72A-D25CB857AB3F.png
    91.2 KB · Views: 97
  • 0450A954-7BF9-4DBC-9C85-84E2DE9DECB1.png
    0450A954-7BF9-4DBC-9C85-84E2DE9DECB1.png
    66.5 KB · Views: 92
  • F5280DE8-EDEA-480D-9387-38C06195AC89.png
    F5280DE8-EDEA-480D-9387-38C06195AC89.png
    64.1 KB · Views: 90
  • 2E5C3811-EDD3-498B-8757-684EA6C94E50.png
    2E5C3811-EDD3-498B-8757-684EA6C94E50.png
    97.3 KB · Views: 94
  • E7650EBC-E22C-4558-867A-99E6511AEAF4.png
    E7650EBC-E22C-4558-867A-99E6511AEAF4.png
    97.7 KB · Views: 96
I saw an episode of Jay Leno's Garage and he had a Mercedes VGT. He could only remote control it though, so I couldn't see the interior.

I have always thought the VGT cars should be part of a different game all together. I will never drive them nor the rally. Plenty of other games for both. M
I searched the forum a couple of times, didn't see any threads or posts on this topic so I wanted to bring it up myself and make a list here. I will include cars that already did have cockpit views in GT6 too.

Also, don't assume that if it didn't have a cockpit view in the beta or demo that it doesn't have one now.

Cars with cockpit view-

Mazda LM55
SRT Tomahawk
Chapparal 2X
Bugatti VGT
Hyundai N 2025
Nissan Concept 2020
McLaren Ultimate VGT
Alpine VGT
VW GTI Roadster VGT
Peugeot L500RH and L750RH VGT
Daihatsu VGT
Fittipaldi EF7
Honda VGT
Toyota FT-1

Cars without cockpit view-

Mercedes AMG VGT
Peugeot VGT
Subaru Viziv VGT
Aston Martin DP-100 VGT
Mitsubishi VGT
Lexus VGT
Infiniti VGT
Toyota SF-R Race Car (not vision GT but doesn't have cockpit)
BMW VGT

Let me catch you guys saying one more time, some VGT’s don’t have interiors because they weren’t designed or made, I present you, the Mercedes and Aston Martin VGT’s Interiors.

That's only 2 out of the 8 VGT's which don't have cockpit views.

Still, this is pretty damning evidence against PD. Really inexcusable for them to not model those interiors.

Same with the VW VGT Coupe. The roadster has a cockpit, they could easily just copy it over. No idea why they haven't. The car's got the same dimensions other than the windshield.

This is why I was surprised any of the VGT's got cockpit views added to them.

they did say every car will have a premium cockpit, so i guess they just cut the view on the cars they havent finished yet. makes sense, considering the cars that dont have a cockpit views have black tinted windows, with no real detail to be seen.

I have always thought the VGT cars should be part of a different game all together. I will never drive them nor the rally.
The interesting thing is both of these are the biggest problem with GT Sport's claim of "simulator". I've seen a few people say these should not have been in this game and I agree.

I first noticed the Mercedes VGT didn't have a cockpit view and was disappointed I wanted that since gt6. I couldn't understand why but then I seen a justice league behind the scenes video and the director said the real car has no interior.

So they created one for the car in the movie now I realise why. I'd say it's the same for all other's missing interior views. Sure hope it can be updated now the movie has created one.

There are a few more shots of Merc VGT on their official website
http://media.daimler.com/marsMediaS...13&relId=1001&resultInfoTypeId=172#toRelation

D206351.jpg

D206354.jpg

D206352.jpg

I hope the DP-100 gets updated with a cockpit view. I want to use it in an Aston Martin photo shoot together with the Vulcan.

Me too. I was gifted one at the end of Stage 7, but it's sitting in my garage because driving with chase/bumper views feels weird (to me).

If a car has no cockpit does it mean it doesn’t work in VR either?

And are all cars with a cockpit accessible in VR?

(I don’t have VR right now but I might consider getting the revised PSVR that will launch soon)
Only the cars with a cockpit are listed for selection when you go to your garage to pick a car to drive in VR

How about you respect peoples opinions and play the ball not the man? You are free to like pretend cars that go super duper fast all you want. I prefer to drive real cars on real tracks, so I can compare it to what I watch at the track and on TV.

Not to be pedantic, but aren't like 90% of the cars in GTS technically 'concepts' or 'fantasy' as they aren't real cars?? e.g. the Veyron Gr.4

Thank you for the info so no cockpit view no drive for me with these cars
Strange concept or not ......... cockpit for president .

Back