Cars You're Tired of Seeing

• Thread starter Turbo
  • 243 comments
This.

I changed my mind when I just read this post. I too am tired of seeing SUVs. Because these cars are a pest when driving behind one. They block my view ahead of the SUV. The same can be said about trucks and delivery vans but these are used for professional transportation.

Chinese cars, they been getting pretty popular over here for the last 5 years or so on the whole idea that "it's cheaper, well equipped and better than the Japanese/Korean equivalent" bs they been throwing. No doubt Chinese cars become somewhat better lately but eh.

Screenshot_20210512_193625_com.vanced.android.youtube_edit_2725707521978.jpg

upload_2021-5-12_19-39-55.png

upload_2021-5-12_19-41-41.png

"Bro dudes" vehicles, the kind of cars that 20-30 year old something wannabe alpha male would own. You know, the same kind of fellow homosapiens who would drive up 200 km/h over the speed limit, overtaking left and right like it's Outrun.

IMG_20210512_195006.jpg

176403263_498844904467367_5668615173032541003_n.jpg
upload_2021-5-12_20-0-53.png

And finally, every single crossover on the road. I'm sorry but your Buick Encore isn't going to go across the arctic like a Hilux nor is it that much more practical than a Honda Odyssey, Ford Focus or Mazda 6 Wagon and nether is it much safer than a Honda Accord. I get why some people have to buy one but jeez...

Last edited:
I'm sorry but your Buick Encore isn't going to go across the arctic like a Hilux

I'm more tired of seeing this argument about crossovers than I am actual crossovers. A vast majority of vehicles are never used for their intended purpose, so who the hell cares if cars that were never indented to do those things can't do them?

And finally, every single crossover on the road. I'm sorry but your Buick Encore isn't going to go across the arctic like a Hilux nor is it that much more practical than a Honda Odyssey, Ford Focus or Mazda 6 Wagon and nether is it much safer than a Honda Accord. I get why some people have to buy one but jeez...

I mean, I get that you hate them, but does anybody think they are buying them to cross the Arctic, or are the manufacturers implying that they could? It's an argument I hear people make but not something I've ever known the owners actually aspire to.

I'm more tired of seeing this argument about crossovers than I am actual crossovers. A vast majority of vehicles are never used for their intended purpose, so who the hell cares if cars that were never indented to do those things can't do them?

I mean, I get that you hate them, but does anybody think they are buying them to cross the Arctic, or are the manufacturers implying that they could? It's an argument I hear people make but not something I've ever known the owners actually aspire to.
No, It's not about the intented use because clearly they are never made for that sort of thing anyways nor does not using a car for it's intened purposes is the problem here. That being said, i met and heard from people who buys a crossover because of the whole "it's good for rough terrains, snow, sand and how it can climb over sidewalks to park their cars" (latter happens here a lot) and how they could look over everyone else on traffic.

Not to mention that brands does this "adventure lifestyle" thing with the whole camping in the woods photos and having this aggressive, ugly plastic on the fenders to make it look capable. Yes it's all just marketing crap but it does reflect on the whole craze.

IMG_20210513_003633_066_edit_16160659027220.jpg

upload_2021-5-13_0-39-38.png

This is coming from someone who owned a RAV4 and Land Cruiser. Like i said, i do get why some people buy them. They are indeed less expensive than full sized SUVs, offer some practicality while have more "car" feel to it.

Last edited:
Not to mention that brands does this "adventure lifestyle" thing with the whole camping in the woods photos and having this aggressive, ugly plastic on the fenders to make it look capable. Yes it's all just marketing crap but it does reflect on the whole craze.

I get where you're coming from, maybe you're generalising too much? I mean, the Explorer you pictured second isn't actually bad off-road (with the right spec I presume), whereas the Hyundai (probably a great car, I've had a few hire SUVs and really liked them) isn't, ground clearance excepted.

Is it the marketing you dislike? Are people really buying that or actually going for visibility on roads where all the cars around you are significantly higher than your saloon?

I get where you're coming from, maybe you're generalising too much? I mean, the Explorer you pictured second isn't actually bad off-road (with the right spec I presume), whereas the Hyundai (probably a great car, I've had a few hire SUVs and really liked them) isn't, ground clearance excepted.

Is it the marketing you dislike? Are people really buying that or actually going for visibility on roads where all the cars around you are significantly higher than your saloon?
Most smaller crossovers aren't that much higher than saloons/hatches and tbh, if everyone's drove around in Pathfinders, Suburbans and RAM 2500s then there won't be any "higher seating position" so I don't see how is it any better. Might as well turn into semi trucks since those are above everyone else.

I've said this more than once before, but I'm convinced a very significant factor in the ubiquity of crossovers is the fact that the seat and entry/exit are taller than a regular car, and the car buying population has skewed much older, because of socioeconomics and generational differences and all. It's easier and more comfortable (ie. less painful) to get in and out. This is the reality for my extended family and in-laws.

"Boomers are killing compacts/wagons!", in media headline form. :P

On the subject of capability, "beaching" the frame on icy snow with a Legacy-height suspension is a thing that I am plenty familiar with. Some extra height underneath still pays off even south of the Arctic Circle.

One that I am literally just tired of seeing, not for any fault, are Chevy Equinoxes. There are so many Chevy Equinoxes.

On the subject of capability, "beaching" the frame on icy snow with a Legacy-height suspension is a thing that I am plenty familiar with. Some extra height underneath still pays off even south of the Arctic Circle.

Snow plow berms!

Most smaller crossovers aren't that much higher than saloons/hatches and tbh, if everyone's drove around in Pathfinders, Suburbans and RAM 2500s then there won't be any "higher seating position" so I don't see how is it any better. Might as well turn into semi trucks since those are above everyone else.

Yeah, I was speaking from a UK road user's point of view, I guess. European cars have traditionally been pretty small in general :)

They were kinda cool at first, but now EVERYONE seems to have one.
31a2cb5ed8d609c3bc1a17b54990f965-1024x768.jpg
Largely because Dodge/FCA/Stellantis/whoever else owns the brand in two years has barely put any money into updating the platform since it was first released, so the lower-end versions are relatively cheap to produce and lose value so fast that you can get older ones for a song. It's to the point where I've even seen a couple shabbier looking ones gracing the buy-here-pay-here lot near my old job.

And let's stop with this trash.
56866357_848756192141044_921962872374820864_n-600x450.jpg
I've heard that more and more municipal cops are deciding that red and blue colored daytime running lights are grounds for a fix-it ticket. That might at least put a dent in it.

FIAT Panda: In my country it is literally full of every generation of FIAT Pandas, in the course of my 23 years of life I will have seen them of every configuration and color, a day I would not even be able to count them, by now it has become a habit.

FIAT 500X (Urban, Cross or Sport): As if my situation was not stereotyped enough, the SUV version of the FIAT 500 could not be missing, I am so tired of all this that it has become really ridiculous, like their owners who believe themselves to be masters of the roads and boast as if they were driving a Porsche 911 GT3-RS, meh, I'd like to remind them that it's just a FIAT.

Meme.JPG

Last edited:
I'll see your 500X and raise you to the Jeep Renegade! Someone at Fiat/Chrysler said, "Hey, we can re-body a 500 and call it a Jeep, and nobody will know it's an anemic FWD Fiat! The name 'Jeep' will send them flying from showrooms!"

Apparently they were right. These abominations are everywhere!

51188262545_6240f0a3f4_o.jpg

Last edited:
I'll see your 500X and raise you to the Jeep Renegade! Someone at Fiat/Chrysler said, "Hey, we can re-body a 500 and call it a Jeep, and nobody will know it's an anemic FWD Fiat! The name 'Jeep' will send them flying from showrooms!"

I have one, and trust me, it's more comfortable than a 2008 Ford Ecosport I had before.

The Renagades around here seem to be leaving the streets almost as quickly as they arrived. Dodge Darts and Chrysler 200s seem to be disappearing quickly as well. It does make you question FCA car durability, but it could also be idiotic owners not maintaining the vehicles properly.

Feeling the same about these and for some reason both the Renegade and Subaru Crosstreks are driven like crazy. Part of me jokes that the owners drive like that only because they can't quite regain their speed if they slow down.

Speaking of FCA products, I know @LM7325 mentioned that Darts are disappearing. But it seems to be the opposite in my area where I'm noticing them more often in....usually questionable conditions. Either modified or trashed (or both), they're popping up more often and driven in horrible ways. I assume it's mostly due to their price point dropping below $10k and some of these people think they're tuners by making the cars themselves as obnoxious as their driving.

Always seeing them like....this
magnaflow-exhaust-products--street-series-performance-cat-back-exhaust-system--exhaust-system-kit--15181--user-4.jpg

Or with mismatched panels and a leaking exhaust.

It does seem around here that pickup trucks take priority on the used car lots, so maybe it's not the cars dying, they are just moving away from here lol.

The resale value on those and the Dodge Journeys are terrible.

Most of the cars I'm posting are crossovers.

2019-chevrolet-equinox-ogi.jpg

2019_GMC_Acadia_Denali_AWD%2C_front_10.11.19.jpg

nissan-rogue-in-pure-black-color.jpg

2021-blazer-1rs-gaz-colorizer.jpg

2021_toyota_c_hr_angularfront.jpg

2021-ford-ecosport-mmp-1-1595429761.jpg

And yes, while I'm sick of seeing these, I purposely found a picture of one with the bananas on.
rp6052gxbdr01.jpg

Also, if you're a DFW local like me and attend car meets often, you're probably sick of seeing this car. This belongs to the father of the idiot who crashed the purple Huayra.
2020-bugatti-chiron-ppf-2-1-scaled.jpg

Also, call it first world problem, but I'm sick of seeing 20 of these at every car meet I go to. They're all either black, silver, white, or yellow, with no distinct differences.
images

Much like when I had a PT Cruiser, the fact my cars mere existence is enough to piss people off is really a part of it's charm. :mischievous:

Also, if you're a DFW local like me and attend car meets often, you're probably sick of seeing this car. This belongs to the father of the idiot who crashed the purple Huayra.
2020-bugatti-chiron-ppf-2-1-scaled.jpg
Probably seeing it so much like the purple Pagani b/c daddy lets son take the cars out for social media clout. The Park Up Front regulars aren't any better, either.

FIAT Panda: In my country it is literally full of every generation of FIAT Pandas, in the course of my 23 years of life I will have seen them of every configuration and color, a day I would not even be able to count them, by now it has become a habit.

FIAT 500X (Urban, Cross or Sport): As if my situation was not stereotyped enough, the SUV version of the FIAT 500 could not be missing, I am so tired of all this that it has become really ridiculous, like their owners who believe themselves to be masters of the roads and boast as if they were driving a Porsche 911 GT3 -RS, meh, I'd like to remind them that it's just a FIAT.

View attachment 1011617

I honestly do not agree about Pandas, I love them too much to be pissed off about them BUT THAT DARN FIAT 500X
Oh my god, I hate them with a passion, especially the """Sport""" model which is anything but sporty; that doesn't stop the people who drive them to be absolute tools.

Back