Cars You're Tired of Seeing

• Thread starter Turbo
  • 243 comments
Probably seeing it so much like the purple Pagani b/c daddy lets son take the cars out for social media clout. The Park Up Front regulars aren't any better, either.
Finally, someone who gets it! The only PUF regular I don't get tired of seeing is the teal blue Performante Spider, I absolutely adore that color.

rp6052gxbdr01.jpg

I can't believe people leave those on, thinking it's fashionable, cool, or something. I wonder how many have asked the dealer, "But what about the center section? Can I get that piece, too?"

I can't believe people leave those on, thinking it's fashionable, cool, or something. I wonder how many have asked the dealer, "But what about the center section? Can I get that piece, too?"
IIRC, they had to change the color of those to pink to convince people to take them off, because telling them that leaving the things on while driving would actually cause damage wasn't working.

IIRC, they had to change the color of those to pink to convince people to take them off, because telling them that leaving the things on while driving would actually cause damage wasn't working.
And idiots still leave them on.

I know we've all been complaining about SUV/Crossovers flooding the roads. But I suppose I'll specify at least one of the many common sights. And...very specifically the trim model too.

Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude.
09f743669a0b2c4d69d68696579a1aac.jpg

1.jpg

Already sick of the fad that was "murdering" out cars that got to the point where OEMs started doing it. Ever since Jeep introduced the Altitude trim, everyone's been buying them up. New and used of the very old WK2 that's been out since 2011. It always seems to be bought by the suburban husband/wife in their late 30s to early 40s and need to feel cool to all their friends. (With or without kids) But also are always in such a hurry that anytime I see one on the road, I know to get out of it's way. They're ALWAYS tailgating anyone that's remotely in front of them.

Working at a BMW dealership, they're always the ones who come through our lot, but rather than stop and look. They always slowly cruise through. I can't help but feel like these WK2 owners are the types that wish they had a more premium badge to show off.

Last edited:
I know we've all been complaining about SUV/Crossovers flooding the roads. But I suppose I'll specify at least one of the many common sights. And...very specifically the trim model too.

1.jpg

Already sick of the fad that was "murdering" out cars that got to the point where OEMs started doing it. Ever since Jeep introduced the Altitude trim, everyone's been buying them up. New and used of the very old WK2 that's been out since 2011. It always seems to be bought by the suburban husband/wife in their late 30s to early 40s and need to feel cool to all their friends. (With or without kids) But also are always in such a hurry that anytime I see one on the road, I know to get out of it's way. They're ALWAYS tailgating anyone that's remotely in front of them.

Working at a BMW dealership, they're always the ones who come through our lot, but rather than stop and look. They always slowly cruise through. I can't help but feel like these WK2 owners are the types that wish they had a more premium badge to show off.
That's what my grandma drives, a 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude, so I take that personally.

Kidding aside, it does seem to be the most common trim on the road. In between the base Laredo and Limited, is only about $35-36k if I can remember correctly, definitely the best value of all of the trims. I've ridden in that SUV many times and the fit-and-finish feels quite nice given it's low price, so no wonder why it's such a popular choice.

Every car made in the last decade or so. I hate new cars. They're way too heavy, they all look pretty much the same, most have automatic transmissions, they’re about as mechanic as a computer and they lack personality. Some of them (if not most) don’t even have an oil stick.

If you live in Malaysia, or ever been to Malaysia, you can literally see this car every-single-where, like every 5 mins on the road. Most of their drivers are awful as well! It's the Perodua Myvi, titled the "King" :lol:

Frankly speaking, it's a good car. Cheap to maintain, reliable and easy to drive as well. Pretty comfortable too. But I get sick of seeing this car wherever I go, and I believe many other Malaysians are too.

2013_Perodua_Myvi_1.3_SE_(S-Series)_in_Cyberjaya,_Malaysia_(03).jpg

Anything that dares call itself an SUV these days. They are not. All are front-wheel drive based, 4 cylinder, unibody, CVT or automatic and you can't tell them apart from each other. Everything Honda, Toyota, Nissan, Hyundai, Kia and even American brands looks pretty much the same in that segment. Worst is some people driving them think they are the coolest thing out there.

Anything modern really. Everything has a 4 banger these days, or it's either electric or hybrid. Even luxury brands like BMW are making it incredibly hard to get a decent engine and you have to go up to almost $50,000 if you want a good 6 cylinder engine at least.

I guess I'm getting old. I just liked it when cars had more substance. They weren't necessarily better on paper, but you felt more connected to the car. You knew what you were driving. It made the right sounds even if not fast, had the right smells, gave you the right feelings.

Everything nowadays has those puny little engines, wrapped in miles of wiring, computers, plastics, insulation and sound proofing.

Every car made in the last decade or so. I hate new cars. They're way too heavy, they all look pretty much the same, most have automatic transmissions, they’re about as mechanic as a computer and they lack personality. Some of them (if not most) don’t even have an oil stick.
That no-oil-stick thing for real? I heard that the tractor industry banned owners from being able to wrench on their own equipment a decade ago here in the US, so I fear for the day car owners aren't allowed to do our own maintenance. (*ed. - As much as I dislike Pres. Biden, I could kiss the man right now! Sounds like he just made an executive order in support of Right to Repair!!!)

I agree with you about new cars, though. I'm not a fan of tech, so I feel like cars keep catering more and more to inattentive driving with features like auto brakes, blind spot warnings, etc. There are a couple modern sports cars I'm somewhat interested in, but honestly I can't see myself ever owning anything newer than about 2010 - even in that era, my interests are very few.

Last edited:
As much as I hate SUVs/CUVs, I do appreciate car design... and I really like the look of these 😬. You wouldn't catch me dead owning one, but just the look of the thing in person.

The new Bronco (the proper one, not the Sport) is bad ass as well. Okay, a concession to my previous post: if I ever decide to get into off-roading, I'm getting a two-door Bronco. A friend has owned several of the late '80s/early '90s Broncos, and they're a blast to take into the mountains.

Last edited:
Anything that dares call itself an SUV these days. They are not. All are front-wheel drive based, 4 cylinder, unibody, CVT or automatic and you can't tell them apart from each other. Everything Honda, Toyota, Nissan, Hyundai, Kia and even American brands looks pretty much the same in that segment. Worst is some people driving them think they are the coolest thing out there.

Anything modern really. Everything has a 4 banger these days, or it's either electric or hybrid. Even luxury brands like BMW are making it incredibly hard to get a decent engine and you have to go up to almost $50,000 if you want a good 6 cylinder engine at least.

I guess I'm getting old. I just liked it when cars had more substance. They weren't necessarily better on paper, but you felt more connected to the car. You knew what you were driving. It made the right sounds even if not fast, had the right smells, gave you the right feelings.

Everything nowadays has those puny little engines, wrapped in miles of wiring, computers, plastics, insulation and sound proofing.
Hasn't that always been the case for like, 30 years now? FWD, 4 banger, auto or cvt?

How old are you? Edit: oh, 38, well tbh this sounded like someone who's 16

Honestly the only cars I'm tired of seeing are ones with plasti-dipped wheels, or anything with plasti-dip because man it looks really ghetto

Last edited:
Yeah. I don't know why, but people in my county seem the like driving these and the previous gen explorers.
1625975775934.png

Also Tesla Model 3s. Which make me think of 1st Gen Porsche Panameras, except smaller.
1625976187752.png

Last edited:
Diesels. I'm tired of seeing diesels who pollute the air even more than gasoline cars.

1.jpg

Strangely enough I see very few of those trim level of Grand Cherokee. I guess it is different around here lol...

The Hyundai Tucson (and whatever its Kia equivalent is) epitomise all that's wrong with Irish motorists. It's for people who live >5km from the nearest village but complain about rural Ireland dying and having to pay to get their septic tank drained.

Yeah. I don't know why, but people in my county seem the like driving these and the previous gen explorers.
View attachment 1066754
Ah, yes, one of the "oh, crap, is that a cop?!" cars. As for the Tesla, I once heard them described as looking like a bar of soap, and I can't unsee that mental image.

There's another car I'm sick of seeing: undercover cop cars. How sad is it that they have to go undercover just to drive around busting people for going 6 miles over the speed limit? I get the point: people aren't going to be speeding if there's a cop in sight, but shouldn't simple, obvious presence be the better tactic in influencing safety, rather than making a more obvious/pathetic effort at petty extortion? It just makes me wonder why some police really exist for sometimes. My town even has a current model Camaro SS 1LE unit with the city's police logo ghosted into the paint work so that it's hard to see from most angles. The next city over has a Tacoma with a bed topper (completely unmarked); they used to have an older Chevy Astro van (also unmarked) that was easy to spot because it had the missing trim on the driver door. I remember when I was in high school, hearing that they even had a mk4 Supra (I assume unmarked, because the word was that it was a street racer trap).

Last edited:
Speaking of "is that a cop car?" I loved driving around back when I had my Dad's '88 Crown Vic, and it was close enough to the time when those still were cop cars. It was dark blue, and as I'm tooling along in the left lane at about 10 over, people would move out of the way!!! It was awesome!!!!

(For those not from the states, lane discipline here basically does not exist. People will camp in the left lane, forcing you to overtake on the right, if you can even get over into that lane in the traffic that's backed up because of the jerk in the left lane. Everybody knows "Slower traffic keep right," but they think they're not slow since they're doing the speed limit. The difference between "slow" and slower" completely escapes them.)

Last edited:
(For those not from the states, lane discipline here basically does not exist. People will camp in the left lane, forcing you to overtake on the right, if you can even get over into that lane in the traffic that's backed up because of the jerk in the left lane. Everybody knows "Slower traffic keep right," but they think they're not slow since they're doing the speed limit. The difference between "slow" and slower" completely escapes them.)
A major pet peeve of mine. If you have a line of cars behind you, maybe it's a sign to move the eff over! And yes, I know many of those lined up behind are speed demons that needn't be going that fast, but it's the principle.

Bringing this thread back as these few cars have been absolutely irritating to come across on the road. Which is almost too often these days.... It used to be mostly in Massachusetts I'd see 9th or 10th generation Honda Accord Sports being driven like crazy, but they've reached Maine. Any other trim Honda Accord is as much of a mix of drivers as a Toyota Camry, but for some reason only the Sport trim attracts aggressive drivers. Kind of call them Nissan Altima or Dodge Charger drivers with better credit. The worst ones are modified with the window louvres or Type R badging. Also cursed with seeing the wheels on just about any car that can fit them as they're such a commonly stolen wheel.

I like the car itself, but the owners treat them like luxury performance sedans.
2018_honda_accord_sedan_sport_fq_oem_1_1600.jpg

Usually modified like this:
1316855-1-2018-accord-honda-sport-bc-racing-coilovers-xxr-559-black.jpg

Speaking of luxury performance cars, the B8 and B9 Audi A4/S4s have been a common sight around here. Tend to be more common than the typical BMW type of driver you'd come across. Always in the "I need to be in front" mentality on the road and I almost always refuse to pass any Audi A4/S4 of that gen on the road as they always become aggressive after being passed. Same goes for the 2011-2018 Audi A6/S6 C7s. Seems like any Audi sedan under $30k-$40k is driven by the Jetta driver that "upgraded" in life.

They tend to look like this:
eng_pl_Front-Splitter-V-1-Audi-S4-A4-S-Line-B8-FL-8461_2.jpg

56UYRU.png

Bringing this thread back as these few cars have been absolutely irritating to come across on the road. Which is almost too often these days.... It used to be mostly in Massachusetts I'd see 9th or 10th generation Honda Accord Sports being driven like crazy, but they've reached Maine. Any other trim Honda Accord is as much of a mix of drivers as a Toyota Camry, but for some reason only the Sport trim attracts aggressive drivers. Kind of call them Nissan Altima or Dodge Charger drivers with better credit. The worst ones are modified with the window louvres or Type R badging. Also cursed with seeing the wheels on just about any car that can fit them as they're such a commonly stolen wheel.

I like the car itself, but the owners treat them like luxury performance sedans.
2018_honda_accord_sedan_sport_fq_oem_1_1600.jpg

Usually modified like this:
1316855-1-2018-accord-honda-sport-bc-racing-coilovers-xxr-559-black.jpg

Speaking of luxury performance cars, the B8 and B9 Audi A4/S4s have been a common sight around here. Tend to be more common than the typical BMW type of driver you'd come across. Always in the "I need to be in front" mentality on the road and I almost always refuse to pass any Audi A4/S4 of that gen on the road as they always become aggressive after being passed. Same goes for the 2011-2018 Audi A6/S6 C7s. Seems like any Audi sedan under $30k-$40k is driven by the Jetta driver that "upgraded" in life.

They tend to look like this:
eng_pl_Front-Splitter-V-1-Audi-S4-A4-S-Line-B8-FL-8461_2.jpg

56UYRU.png
May be a hot take, but given how oversaturated CUVs and SUVs are, there’s not a single sedan I’d be tired of seeing on the roads. Nevertheless, I agree with your points on the Accord. A lot of that riff-raff is prevalent on my college campus.

May be a hot take, but given how oversaturated CUVs and SUVs are, there’s not a single sedan I’d be tired of seeing on the roads. Nevertheless, I agree with your points on the Accord. A lot of that riff-raff is prevalent on my college campus.
That's understandable, but when almost any Accord Sport or A6/A4 is driven like a complete jerk, it's tiring to see one coming up on you on the road or just pulling up next to one knowing they'll want to "race" you.

Although, speaking of SUV/CUVs, I have noticed several second generation Honda Pilots being driven rather unpredictably. Usually in the worst ways possible. I hate seeing these bricks.
493854.2-lg.jpg

All non-commercial pickup trucks.

The amount of compensating that is going on around here is insane.
How else will you let everyone know that you’re a Republican? Or insecure about your masculinity thing downstairs?

All non-commercial pickup trucks.

The amount of compensating that is going on around here is insane.
And they are never base trucks, they are always the most expensive trim levels too.

I'm pretty tired of seeing Subarus out here. It feels like they're 1/3rd of all traffic is some sort of Outback or Crosstrek.

Can’t even say I’m tired of seeing certain cars anymore. I see so many SUVs, they’re just part of the scenery. I’m just happy to see another Mazda2 of the same year as mine. That’s rare today.

Be happy you don't live in Vermont.

Yeah, Subarus are like 25% of the vehicles in Vermont. Drive around for a little bit and just count them off...

I thought a read an article stating the most popular vehicle registered in the state, and while the F150, Accord, Camry were up there in like 48 of 50 states, Vermont has to be the outlier. (I forgot the other oddity; Tennessee and Altimas might throw a curveball, because they're made there.)

Last edited:
I found this interesting. It's from 2021.

I don't know if I completely agree with it, though. There are plenty of Silverado's rolling around Indiana, but I tend to see far more F-Series trucks. And few of them are base models. I swear every Ford I see is either lifted, a dually, Raptor, or luxurious Platinum Series. There are no "basic" trucks anymore it seems. Despite that, they pale in comparison to the sheer volume of blasted Honda CR-V's I see on the road. Just today, I was stopped at a traffic light on my way home from work. There was a CR-V directly in front of me and one on each side. The Chevy Equinoxes aren't far behind.

Last edited:
Back