carz

• Thread starter bobrulz99
  • 11 comments
Helllo.
On GT1, what are the best cars to buy and what are the best cars to tune?
Thanzs loads.
Bobs friend Ad(The moogle man)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
:banghead: :banghead:

The Concept Car LM is the best (in the U.S. version) followed closeley by the Cerbera LM. The Del Sol LM is nice too. As opposed to just fast cars there are lots of fun ones; FTO, Demio GL-X, Corvette, Griffith, Miata, Cosmo, etc etc.

This has already been discussed plenty of times and I will say it again most people say the GTO (3000 GT in gt2) is the best car in GT1.

I also think the FTO LM is brilliant as well as the more powerful of the two concept cars. But yeah the gto is one of the most powerful maxxed out cars in the game and its also 4wd.

The GTO is most powerful, but it can't match the handling of the Concept LM or Cerbera LM.

-----
3a. What's the best car in the game?

This may sound wishy-washy, but I don't think there is a 'best car'. Some cars are all around better than others, but at the top levels, each car has it's own unique advantages and disadvantages. Also, people define 'best' in different ways. Some think that top speed makes a car best. However, a high top speed won't do much for you on courses like Autumn Ring Mini. Others think handling is most important, but even if your car handles like it's on rails, you still need acceleration and speed. A good mixture of all abilities is what makes a car best, but once you analyze that mixture, no one car stands out on top overall. Also, different driving styles favor different cars, so what I might find a great handling car, you might not be able to use at all. Here are some of my picks for some of the better cars, in no particular order.

-Dodge Concept Car (prize model): Generally seen as the most powerful car in the game, it's extremely quick and extremely sticky. Light and powerful, this car will power you to a first place finish in any race it can enter, no problem.
-Dodge Viper: Either model, this is one of the cars that can pull out an impressive Triple Crown of the three hardest series in the game: Normal, Tuned, and World Cup. The best car in normal, hands down, and it handles excellently once you master it.
-Subaru Impreza/Impreza Rally Edition: Great handling, however this car suffers from a lack of top speed. With a few minor gear changes, that can be fixed to make this car extremely competitive. Another car that can run a Triple Crown.
-TVR Cerbera/Cerbera LM Edition: Another Triple Crown winner, this car is good all around. Excellent handling, great top speed, great acceleration, this car really has it all. In it's LM edition, a top-class car.
-Mitsubishi GTO TwinTurbo/GTO MR: nearly the same car, however the MR doesn't always show up in the used car lot. The MR is a bit lighter but harder to handle. One of the fastest cars in the game, the GTO has serious handling problems that can't be completely overcome through tuning. Its impressive power still gives it an honorable mention
-Mitsubishi FTO LM edition: An extremely light, fast, agile car. 4WD gives it great handling, and its light weight makes it an excellent contender for the 300km enduro and All Night I. An all around great car that can be easily tuned for speed or acceleration, and fits with many different driving styles.
-Honda Del Sol LM edition: Another very light, very fast car. This car is so well-balanced, that it might have perfect handling. Once you get the feel of this pocket rocket down, nothing will be able to stop you.

I could keep going on with a few more cars, but I'll stop there. All of these cars are pretty evenly matched, and as you can see by their descriptions, they are all very different and excel in different areas. Again, I don't really think there is a best car in the game, though there might be best cars for the differing series...
-----

Speed stated what the majority think is the best. But Cambell really explains it very well. The FTO and Del Sol,and the Cerbera LM are great cars and a very good match in a two player race. The Concept is the hands down best.

Just a note here to redeem myself, Im not part of the GTO follwing, was just stating what "the majority think is best".

Myself, I cant work with 930 hp, and I dont know how the hell anyone else could. And yeah, the handling aint so great next to the FTO and Cerbera and other like cars.

Yeah, you can win races with it, but are you really satisfied at the end of the race?

If they have 650 hp, and you win with 930, does that make you a good driver? If you can actually brake/turn perfectly with that amount of power you must be a bloody good driver. But for me its much more fun perfecting my driving style with something I can control and winning races that are a bit of a challenge.

I've been having fun changing the settings of my Mirage Asti RX... Imagine lighting a cigarette while your car drifts through a sharp corner... Yeah, the Mirage is another one of those cars that trains the driver...

Back