Category of how the cars should be driven

• Thread starter dr3w
  • 54 comments
Australia
NSW
dr3w_sw
After driving many different cars in gt5, I would categorize them into these category.

Cars that are trying to kill you whenever they had the chance :
RUF Yellowbird
Ouillim Spirra
Saleen S7
Zondas except Zonda R
Spyker C8
Cerbera Speed 12
Toyota 7
RUF BTR

Cars that are too easy to drive and abit "grey" (not necessarily a bad car):
Most FF cars
Nissan GT-R
RUF CTR2
Bugatti Veyron (not sure about this one, I like its acceleration in straight line, it just screams POWAAAHHHH)

Cars that need to be driven like a maniac and give you a big smile (fun cars):
Lamborghini Gallardo
Mercedes SLS
Lamborghini Murcielago
Lotus Elises
Lotus Evora
Audi RS6 Avant
Corvette ZR-1
Mercedes C63 AMG
Mercedes McLaren SLR
BMW M3 GTR Road car

Cars that are just great to drive:
Ferrari 458
Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo
Dome Zero
BMW M3
BMW M5
RUF RGT
Honda NSX
Mclaren F1
MClaren MP4-12C
Mazda RX-7
Ferrari California
RUF 3400S
Autobacs Garaiya
TVR V8S (haven't driven it yet)

Cars that interest you but drive rubbish:
Most muscle cars (expecting some rotten tomatoes to be thrown at me)

Cars that you are not even bothered to drive:
Mitsubishi i-miev
X2010, X2011
Variations of MX-5

Cars that are good but not great:
Mazda MX-5
Focus ST
Fiat Coupe Turbo

Cars that are to be driven like old lady:
Jay Leno Tank Car

Note
These are based on my experience for 2 months since switching to wheel and I consider my experience before with ds3 irrelevant. Just my opinion, I could be wrong. Not to be taken too seriously

All the cars must be in stock condition
I'll add more later

Last edited:
I don't get the X2010(11) one...ever tried to drive it on bumper cam (or any other, but more this one) on Nurburgring Norderscheilfl (or whatever) ?
I use a DS3, I crash a lot, but once you get the hang of hit its such an awesome adrenaline injection... 👍

Last edited:
All older Porsche's and Lamborghini's before the Aventador will violently bludgeon and torture you to an extremely painful death.

Forgot "Drive like an old lady" category. Add the Tank Car.

(I love the Tank Car, btw...)
Just drove it a couple of laps, it feels like steering an aircraft carrier, slow but somehow relaxing

Maniac cars needs the caterham
I was kinda disappointed with this car, the 1st gear is way too long and it doesn't feel really fast, but I will give it a go again

I think an X2010/2011 would kill you...
My X2010 has 8xxx kms all driven by bob, I admit I'm not quick enough to drive it so I can't be bothered to drive it, beside it makes my steering wheel rumbles like mad when I try driving that car

All older Porsche's and Lamborghini's before the Aventador will violently bludgeon and torture you to an extremely painful death.
Porsche yes, but lamborghini no, I find countach and miura beautiful to drive, murcielago and gallardo abit lairy but lots of fun

I agree on muscle cars. Especially having a love/hate relationship. My old GTO with 800 horses and jet black finish is just devious looking and eats tires for breakfast.

It turns for crap, brakes for crap, and can't keep traction. Oh, and it's made out of brick. I've never won anything in it except a few looks when I show up.

I agree on muscle cars. Especially having a love/hate relationship. My old GTO with 800 horses and jet black finish is just devious looking and eats tires for breakfast.

It turns for crap, brakes for crap, and can't keep traction. I've never won anything in it except a few looks when I show up.

When it showed up in OCD few weeks ago, I bought them all but I just don't feel like driving it, of course you can tune the suspension, transmission etc but I like to drive a car stock just to know how it is like irl

Hey, the muscle cars aren't all bad, you should try the SuperBird and Super Bee on sports soft tires, these bad boys can run and they turn for such hefty boaty like suspension.

I think the Ruf BTR fills the role of cars that lull you into a false sense of control, it's like that dangerous woman that you know will get you into more trouble than you bargained for, yet you can't keep your hands off her.

Cars that make you pucker, Veyron from the cockpit. I happened to try driving this as fast as it could on la Sathe and wow, this thing is violent when it accelerates, whole cockpit whips into a shaking frenzy and when you get to that kink before braking into Mulsanne ha ha, your cheeks will be grabbing the seat desperately trying to stay on the road. Sport Softs of course, the only way to drive :) FGT is another pucker car for other reasons, like how when you put one tires in the grass and you pray you don't spin out or press the wrong input, lol.

I really enjoy the muscle cars - you have to give a bit of thought to what you are doing, patience seems to be the key, especially exiting a corner. I remember some of my early GT5 days with a Shelby GT350, can't remember which event, but was a massive amount of fun.

It's not the new one, that's what's wrong with it. But it's pretty nice still.

:lol: To each his own.

To me a camaro either looks like this

1969CamaroSS.jpg

or like this

SS.jpg

The other thing they just came out with, what is it, a charger? a camaro? a challenger? Who can tell anymore. (Runs away and ducks hate-omatoes).

Oh, on topic the slightly older Camaros are pretty fun to drive as well, especially that race version of the last generation body style (the style in the 2nd picture). I would put it under "just fun to drive" category as it seems kind of hard to categorize.

I'm sure the new one is fun too, I'm just a hater going around hating on things. :scared:

Saleen S7
Zondas
Spyker C8 Laviolette

Bugatti Veyron
RUF CTR2

Mercedes McLaren SLR
Lamborghini Murcielago SV
BMW M3 GTR Road Car

Ferrari California
Aston Martin Vanquish
RUF 3400S
Autobacs Garaiya
TVR V8S

Focus ST
Fiat Coupe Turbo

That's just my opinion :)

:lol: To each his own.

To me a camaro either looks like this

1969CamaroSS.jpg

or like this

SS.jpg

The other thing they just came out with, what is it, a charger? a camaro? a challenger? Who can tell anymore. (Runs away and ducks hate-omatoes).

Oh, on topic the slightly older Camaros are pretty fun to drive as well, especially that race version of the last generation body style (the style in the 2nd picture). I would put it under "just fun to drive" category as it seems kind of hard to categorize.

I'm sure the new one is fun too, I'm just a hater going around hating on things. :scared:
You mean the new one, the one as bumblebee? I drove that car in the game and it's actually pretty good, and I like mine in yellow with black stripes

Saleen S7
Zondas
Spyker C8 Laviolette

Bugatti Veyron
RUF CTR2

Mercedes McLaren SLR
Lamborghini Murcielago SV
BMW M3 GTR Road Car

Ferrari California
Aston Martin Vanquish
RUF 3400S
Autobacs Garaiya
TVR V8S

Focus ST
Fiat Coupe Turbo

That's just my opinion :)
I quite agree with your opinion, I wish Zonda was easier to drive, that car is supposed to fast but sadly I don't have the talent like the stiggy
I got the saleen and spyker but haven't driven it yet

My review for the Saleen, I drove around tokyo r246 and find the car has to be driven very carefully, 1 small mistake and you end up in the wall bursting into fireballs

Then I drove the spyker, 1st lap I thought hmmm it wasn't that hard to tame, then 2nd lap 1st corner I spun out and scratch my head

Not sure why you think most muscle cars are bad.. maybe you don't know how to drive them properly... or clearly you've never tried drifting them. ;)

Not sure why you think most muscle cars are bad.. maybe you don't know how to drive them properly... or clearly you've never tried drifting them. ;)

Not all, I like the new camaro, I just don't like the old ones, they have so much power but the top speed maxed out at around 230ish and they handle badly.
I really wish we have the HSV R8

Back