• Thread starter Cytoria
  • 28 comments

Cytoria

Premium
France
France
Cytoria
Hello everyone,

Finally, we hit the end of the 20th round of our Livery Editor Competition. As it feels like the end of a "season" of the LEC, here are some stats and fun facts about this competition.

During these 9 months and 20 rounds, 124 people submitted more than 500 entries. This is an overwhelming number, considering the time and dedication needed to create a livery. We got 11 different winners, and more important, 8 different winners for the last 10 rounds as the competition expanded to more people. It shows that the variety of themes allows everyone to have a chance to express themselves.

I would have think that the interest for the LEC will fall after the first months, but in fact it seems that people are more and more loyal to the competiton as a third of the contestants entered more than 5 rounds of the last season ! Special mention for @Sjaak who only missed one round (In-House series).

The same trend appears on the popularity of the different rounds, as we maintain a consistent roaster of 25-30 entries for the last rounds. Maybe when @syntex123 come back and write the front page articles again, this could rise again ! The second season also saw some of the best scores for cars, with some steamrolling entries, but it does not reduce the quality of others, on the contrary because the level has never been so high.

Thanks everyone for being here and taking part of this great competition. Even those who don't actually enter with their work but who take the time to vote for the entries. And a special mention for those from the SVG request thread, who use their own time to create and share decals for the others (especially @McDotter , @Maninashed and @MatskiMonk ).

Thanks also to @Jordan for hosting this amazing community and to our moderators @daan and @Sjaak to keep an eye on everyone in this section !

Don't forget to have a look at our Hall of Fame if you missed some !

Long live the LEC ! :gtpflag:

Last edited:

Hello everyone,

The third season of the LEC is now over.
I will post some interesting facts and the updated statistics tonight, but for now here are the final rankings of the season.

No rewards, just for the fun!

36B2502F-0F9C-4013-A008-3D0D5193B801.png

As you can see, the gaps are pretty small.

Thanks for contributing!

Note : this doesn’t include the bonus « GTplanet livery » round, but more on that later!

What’s the points breakdown @Cytoria ? Was hoping to see my name :( but I’m guessing joint podiums mean half points?
The points are based on the scores at the end of the poll : If you have 1% of votes in the poll, you get 10 points.

So even if you reached a podium with 250 points, you only entered two rounds during this season. You are not far, though, since you are 28th.

Edit : I don’t count the tiebreaker polls. If two entries are ex-aequo at the end of the « main » poll, they get the same amount of points, whatever the result of the tiebreaker is.

Last edited:

LEC SEASON 4 COMPLETED !

We are now on the 5th season of our livery competition. 40 rounds after the beginning of this series, where are we? Here are some fun facts and stats.

full

After 40 rounds, we almost reach a thousand of entries and 173 unique contestants. While season 2 was the top of popularity (lots of players, front page articles...) we still maintain a sheer amount of contestants, with 217 entries from 62 different users this season. Moreover, each round has seen newcomers, which is very cool considering we are now more than two years after the game's release.

This season, we've seen eight different winners for ten rounds. 3 of them have previously won in other seasons, but 5 are new to the Hall of Fame, which push the total amount of winners to 22 since the beginning!
This shows that there is no established order and that everyone can win, and we even saw rookies doing very well for their first or second entries.

full

Just like the previous season, a third of the players entered at least half of the competitions. Considering the time spend on liveries and the age of the game, this is great. Congratulations to @Higny @CorvairGuy69 and @KK78 who didn't miss a round this season. In fact, since his first entry in the LEC #08, @CorvairGuy69 only miss ONE round (LEC #26, with the Safety Cars). Thank a lot for your continuous support and presence.

I've already notice that some users mostly post on GTplanet for the competitions, but I'll add to that chapter that when I browsed through the contestants' in-game profiles, it appears that some of them launch their game ONLY to enter our LEC. That amazes me, and even if I don't have the list of them here, they will know who they are. Thanks a lot to them too.

We also had some people coming back after a hiatus, like @LaSupra , hopefully they think that the competition is still worth it!

full

This season has seen some very popular rounds (Factory Backed, Fantasy Brands and As Long as it's Pink), which shows that the themes are still interesting even if it's harder to find new ideas! The two less popular themes are quite easy to explain : Animalistic was a wild open artistic theme, which pushed people out of their usual boundaries, and, despite very amazing entries, the price tag of the mandatory cars for the F1 2025 theme restrained some people.

I've forgot to fill the data, but we also had 1204 votes from 447 voters, at the same level of the previous season, which means that there is more or less two times more people to vote than to actually enter.

full

The rankings are quite interesting, beacuse there is an evolution from the previous season. Some got their occasion to shine (@KK78 and @D-Max ahead, obviously, but also @RealJaySee who didn't enter all rounds but did some great scores). Some have had an harder season. We've feel that for some, real life has taken more time and efforts, but I want to thank them to still be in, it means a lot to me.

I will not add the overall rankings from day one. Too many people have come and left, the scores doesn't reflect any reality anymore.

@Baliwa ; @BLiTZ ; @CorvairGuy69 ; @CroxSkin ; @Cytoria ; @D-Max ; @JKcreativeworks ; @machine1121 ; @MatskiMonk ; @MMX ; @Noisy ; @Raphaele ; @Sjaak ; @Strax ; @syntex123 ; @Teal ; @teensonacid ; @TYLER2013; @2clicks ; @A_Keyboard ; @Akwaaba ; @alexlees ; @Alpha Cipher ; @anthaliscious ; @antony68 ; @autonomous ; @Azabear6 ; @baldgye ; @Baron Blitz Red ; @BigJimmy ; @BKGlover ; @BombaMat ; @c_14S6 ; @Carzz ; @Claudio 81 ; @CLowndes888 ; @D3V ; @daan ; @danhighway ; @DartRalph ; @DigitalBaka ; @dioptrija ; @dizco ; @Drew Causby ; @fastimmy ; @FlichFloch ; @ghostrider135 ; @graveltrap ; @Greycap ; @gri4994 ; @GT_Alex74 ; @GTRacer22 ; @GTvsForza ; @H1s6n ; @HAKOSUKA1971 ; @Hayden ; @Higny ; @im2fst4u ; @JaimePL ; @Jakedog23 ; @JamCar0ne ; @jamesaflee ; @JR98 ; @Kelmac ; @Kiki25 ; @KK78 ; @LaSupra ; @Lebowski ; @LI1599 ; @LineR32 ; @Lost Sheltie ; @Marcobzzcs ; @MaRcvdl1 ; @mastretta_mx ; @McDotter ; @Michelin Man ; @Mires ; @MrWaflz55 ; @NBDESIGNZ ; @Nico_Ble99 ; @NoStopN ; @Not_Alibi ; @nowcontrol ; @Nuschel01 ; @OJT6627 ; @Panoz ; @PerformLAB1 ; @polo510 ; @PrinsvOranje ; @RacingManiac ; @rallymorten ; @ren0vat0r ; @Ren-Tec ; @Rizla ; @RZQSPEED ; @Senail27 ; @Shagprince ; @silverman_GT ; @sinner ; @Sinyster ; @SkoLvic ; @Slender_Man ; @Snaeper ; @Snake55wildcat ; @Splurge ; @ss3 ; @steffenx80 ; @Stephan ; @Stephen220378 ; @Stiggy ; @Street Racer 77 ; @suzq044 ; @TAU_GTP ; @TheGeologist ; @ThePotatoKing ; @Timebandit67 ; @TrdScionxB2 ; @uccio21 ; @Unfinished Na ; @UnkaD ; @V100s ; @VaderBomb ; @VGvelzen ; @WallRunner ; @Weirdsht ; @WJHMH ; @YpsilonKappa ; @YukinoSuzuka ; @ZappaD ; @zzz_pt
@250Cal @Adam Barber @AfraidRacer @AgentBlackDog @AlexWilmot @AlfoDesigns @Amavai @Arkseven @CammyK90 @cderekw19 @CrazyJohn @girabyt3 @GTNihei @hairless_ape @HoonigaN96 @LittleSpike @Mistah_MCA @Popenna @quinnidor @RealJaySee @ro_har_ @Sian @Sikumatchbox @SouperK @stepsinpairs @stpatty @svenhjs666 @tankuroded @TaSiMa @Thorin Cain @twiget56 @VulcanSpirit @Warte @wowbaggerBR

Thank you @Jordan for hosting our community, thanks @daan and @Sjaak for being our guardian angels.

Also special thanks to two people who hopefully will still be around but less visible : @Maninashed who helped so many of us in the SVG request thread, and @SlipZtrEm who trusted me to run the Photo Mode Competition along the LEC. (and yes, I also have this kind of data for the PMC since the 20th round, but I still have to collect all the previous ones).

Thanks for reading and long live the LEC ! (again) :gtpflag:

Last edited:
We also had some people coming back after a hiatus, like LaSupra, hopefully they think that the competition is still worth it!
Blame university for that :lol: I remember entering the first couple of LECs and not really liking what I was producing: first kicking myself in the shins by entering a race-modified Mitsubishi Eclipse livery from GT1/2 on a Supra when I already entered with a good enough (possibly better) Pulsar Rally Car livery on the Clio; and then looking back on my GTPlanet livery for the second comp with the Isle of Man Impreza, it looked pretty simple and didn't age well in comparison to the fine work the other entrants made.

In addition to the thanks Cytoria's given, it's only fair to give thanks to @Cytoria for keeping this competition running for so long and in such an orderly fashion, and to Syntex123 for starting the comp in the first place. As Cytoria hinted, these competitions have helped breathe extra life into GT Sport, get more worth out of the Livery Editor, and definitely give a reason to improve my livery skills. Thanks to everyone who participates too, as you're all the life of the competition. I'll try and keep up with this more from now on, unless another form of education gets in the way :lol:

Don't forget to thank yourself @Cytoria .
I am pretty sure the LEC wouldn't be so successful without your amazing dedication! I am currently very busy irl, and I was so stupid to buy the latests COD and get addicted to it, but you'll see me again in future LEC's :cheers:

LEC SEASON 5 COMPLETED !

It's that time again.

full

We are now well over a thousand entries, with another very strong season, the second greatest since the launch of the LEC, althought the game was more than two years old. We caught twelve new people this season too.

For the first time, we get to see a different winner in each round, and with 21 different podium makers, it means that a third of the entrants get the chance to be on the Hall of Fame.

And we see five new winners, even with already 40 rounds before.

full

The people who are still around the competition after such a long time show a great dedication. Indeed, this is the season with the most number of "full-season-entrants", as 7 contestants manage to enter all rounds (the +1 in the number counts the theme they have to choose and thus can't enter themselves).

We also came from a third of the pack with half-season to almost half of the people to enter at least 5 rounds.

full

Following the previous statements, this was a very popular season, with three rounds reaching at least 30 entries, and the Modern Throwback theme scoring the second most popular score ever (with the exception of the special GTPlanet editions).

I don't know why the Mini Trophy was the less popular, as we have seen some other rounds with mandatory cars doing very well. Charity Event is more obvious, as there were two cars to create hence this raised the difficulty and time needed for this particular round.

We also saw some high scoring entries this year, but for the majority of the rounds, the field was more consistant and the battles very tight until the final results in the polls.

full

Some interesting results again this season, with the numbers showing the very tight battles we've seen. Places 2 to 4 and 5 to 7 are in a hundred, which is barely nothing... And my own victory is mostly due to the Original-Teile AMG and its 607 points alone.

Thanks everyone for your involvement, it’s a great place to be with you and a pleasure to run these competitions!

- quoting those on the data sheets -​

@teensonacid @Higny @AngryKowski @NBDESIGNZ @D-Max @Nuschel01 @Raphaele @Baliwa @Sian @baldgye @Slender_Man @LaSupra @MMX @Thorin Cain @autonomous @Adam Barber @Azabear6 @ringkurier @KK78 @Noisy @stepsinpairs @Racerx_34 @sturk0167 @Drex124 @ro_har_

Last edited:

LEC SEASON 5 COMPLETED !

It's that time again.

full

We are now well over a thousand entries, with another very strong season, the second greatest since the launch of the LEC, althought the game was more than two years old. We caught twelve new people this season too.

For the first time, we get to see a different winner in each round, and with 21 different podium makers, it means that a third of the entrants get the chance to be on the Hall of Fame.

And we see five new winners, even with already 40 rounds before.

full

The people who are still around the competition after such a long time show a great dedication. Indeed, this is the season with the most number of "full-season-entrants", as 7 contestants manage to enter all rounds (the +1 in the number counts the theme they have to choose and thus can't enter themselves).

We also came from a third of the pack with half-season to almost half of the people to enter at least 5 rounds.

full

Following the previous statements, this was a very popular season, with three rounds reaching at least 30 entries, and the Modern Throwback theme scoring the second most popular score ever (with the exception of the special GTPlanet editions).

I don't know why the Mini Trophy was the less popular, as we have seen some other rounds with mandatory cars doing very well. Charity Event is more obvious, as there were two cars to create hence this raised the difficulty and time needed for this particular round.

We also saw some high scoring entries this year, but for the majority of the rounds, the field was more consistant and the battles very tight until the final results in the polls.

full

Some interesting results again this season, with the numbers showing the very tight battles we've seen. Places 2 to 4 and 5 to 7 are in a hundred, which is barely nothing... And my own victory is mostly due to the Original-Teile AMG and its 607 points alone.

Thanks everyone for your involvement, it’s a great place to be with you and a pleasure to run these competitions!

- quoting those on the data sheets -​

@teensonacid @Higny @AngryKowski @NBDESIGNZ @D-Max @Nuschel01 @Raphaele @Baliwa @Sian @baldgye @Slender_Man @LaSupra @MMX @Thorin Cain @autonomous @Adam Barber @Azabear6 @ringkurier @KK78 @Noisy @stepsinpairs @Racerx_34 @sturk0167 @Drex124 @ro_har_

Thanks Cytoria for all the effort you put into these.
It's as well I use them for ideas and inspiration as I get a hiding most entries by the big hitters.

Thanks for those interesting stats :cheers:

I wish we could get front page coverage for these and the PMC again, a post every two weeks when a poll is launched to have more people vote and see the running competition as well. Too bad @syntex123 isn‘t really active anymore atm as he could do posts there afaik. Maybe somebody else should take it over?

Thanks everyone for the warm feedback! It means a lot to me!

I wish we could get front page coverage for these and the PMC again, a post every two weeks when a poll is launched to have more people vote and see the running competition as well. Too bad @syntex123 isn‘t really active anymore atm as he could do posts there afaik. Maybe somebody else should take it over?
As Famine is very busy right now with all the articles he has to make, I don’t think he could handle that. I tought about asking Jordan to do that myself but I’m no web writer, and I don’t think that I can’t manage each week the amount of work on top of what I already do.

Great! @Cytoria has stats how bad I perform! Just like in my job :lol:
There is worst than you ;). In fact, in the whole fifth season, only two entrants never got a vote, and they were « one-shot entries », they didn’t come back. That might be related, though :lol:

I don't think it can ever be stated just how much we appreciate you @Cytoria , thank you so much for all the work you put here.
That truly speaks to my heart, thank you!
After 34 rounds without a podium, you’ve managed to fill 4 on this season, hence the deserved second place on the rankings. Hopefully the sixth season will see your first win, a long-awaited one!

Without you there wouldn't be a LEC
Without me you’ll have more free time and less creative headache!

Thanks indeed for all the effort behind the scenes.
And thank YOU for consistently maintaining the Hall of Fame too!

Thanks for those interesting stats :cheers:

I'm on it - soon. Let me get used to being back and I'll see what I can do. :)

Back