Challenge Me!

I've just finished GT2 a couple days ago for the tenth time (or so it seems), and I've got all of the cars I wanted, so I have nothing else to do with this game until I get a PS2 and GT4, so I came up with this thread.
I want you guys to think up some good challenges, whether it be earning a certain license in a certain amount of days, or beating the fastest car in a not so fast car, I'm up for the challenge. I also see this as an oppurtunity to evaluate my racing skill. Give me your best shot! :) :dopey:

Give me some specifics on the Europa's settings. How much horsepower do you want me to have?

btw, I won't be able to reply to any posts after 4:00pm eastern time. I'll more than likely reply the next morning.

300 horsepower? Is that all of the horsepower I can get out of the Europa? Phooey, beating a GT-One on Red Rock in a 300hp Europa is next to impossible. When I first saw flamingwonky's post, I thought he was joking. :nervous:

It's not just the lack of power but it's also the handling. I remember i had to drive an Europa in a license and it was a pain, definitely not my type of car 👎

If you want a good but not impossible mission, try to beat the All Stars in Laguna Seca with the TRD Chaser X30. You have a setup on this topic if you need it, but i would recomend you to try to make one yourself first ;)

Challenge you! Is Hybriding allowed?

Attachments

• Fiat%20500R-1.jpg
    Fiat%20500R-1.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 81
  • Intrepid-3.JPG
    Intrepid-3.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 86
  • Dragsters-1.JPG
    Dragsters-1.JPG
    11.7 KB · Views: 91
Jmac279
Europa maxes out at 299 hp ...

But still, 300hp is the estimated number. ;)

MacRoadster
It's not just the lack of power but it's also the handling. I remember i had to drive an Europa in a license and it was a pain, definitely not my type of car

If you want a good but not impossible mission, try to beat the All Stars in Laguna Seca with the TRD Chaser X30. You have a setup on this topic if you need it, but i would recomend you to try to make one yourself first

I took Flamingwonky's challemge and OMFG, that Europa is impossible to handle on Red Rock Valley :yuck:, other than the fact that the damned thinig has only 300 horsepower, and the GT-One he (FlamingWonky) wants me to race has over 672hp. and 1984lbs. Why don't you figure out that hp/lbs ratio.
Concerning your mission, I accept. Give me a few minutes to find the car because I forgot about the race where I could earn it.

HYBRIDLVR
Challenge you! Is Hybriding allowed?

No, I'm no cheater. ;)

Impossible to handle ? I thought it handled quite well with just minor modifications to the suspension ...

299 hp to 1432 lbs = 208.8 hp per 1000 lbs ...

I run ~2:30 to do 2 laps @ Red Rock Valley with it ... I don't think it can compete on GT All-Stars - Red Rock Valley ... You need a car that does at least mid-2:20s to do 2 laps ...

I just did some testing with the Europa on Red Rock and yes, adjusting the suspension (mostly the camber) can improve alot it's handling, but i still don't think it handles greatly. It's a tricky car that won't forgive you if you push it too hard.
I was doing laps of 1:15 wich matches with Jmac279's times.

By the way, my Europa has 304hp... i think you lost some horses there :P

How's it going your mission Smoke_U_24/7 ? You can get the Chaser at the Luxury Sedan Cup, 2nd race. :)

304 hp in the garage or 304 hp in the tuning screen ? Because the garage is the correct number ... the tuning screen is actually in ps, but labeled hp ...

Also, I do 2:30ish on a 2 lap race, which would probably be like 2:20 on the 1st lap and 2:10 on the 2nd lap ...

I don't use any camber ... No matter how much testing I do, I always run slower with camber ... same with toe ...

304hp in the garage. Maybe you missed some upgrade? Or have it limited to enter the 300hp races?

I usually use lower camber values than the default ones, but still use it. In the Europa i removed completely the front camber and had only some at the rear.

The toe i never use it either.

Mine has ...

Stage 3 Turbo
Racing Exhaust
Performance Chip
Engine Balancing
Port & Polish
No option for Displacement ...
No option for Intercooler ...

Stage 3 N/A Tune = 236 hp

What version do you have ? This is weird ...

Screenshot ?

JP version, probably that's the reason.

europa11yu.jpg

europa28qb.jpg

Here are the upgrade changes:
Normal power = 127hp
+ Racing muffler = 137hp
+ Turbo 3 = 276hp
+ Performance chip = 286hp
+ Engine balancing = 296hp
+ Port & Polish = 304hp

with NA tune 3 = 240hp

Jmac279
Impossible to handle ? I thought it handled quite well with just minor modifications to the suspension ...

299 hp to 1432 lbs = 208.8 hp per 1000 lbs ...

I run ~2:30 to do 2 laps @ Red Rock Valley with it ... I don't think it can compete on GT All-Stars - Red Rock Valley ... You need a car that does at least mid-2:20s to do 2 laps ...

Please give me the suspension settings for your Europa, I'd like to know because not only does the Europa get loose through banked turns, but the Lotus Elise and the Tommy Kaira ZZ-S coupe does also.
btw, has anybody tuned the ZZ-S coupe and Elise 190 to it's maximum horsepower, gave it a racing mod and super soft tires? Because of it's weight, the speeds you can drive through the corners at are staggering.

MacRoadster
I just did some testing with the Europa on Red Rock and yes, adjusting the suspension (mostly the camber) can improve alot it's handling, but i still don't think it handles greatly. It's a tricky car that won't forgive you if you push it too hard.
I was doing laps of 1:15 wich matches with Jmac279's times.

By the way, my Europa has 304hp... i think you lost some horses there

How's it going your mission Smoke_U_24/7 ? You can get the Chaser at the Luxury Sedan Cup, 2nd race.

I didn't even start the mission yet. Since I can't have access to my mom's pc (the power supply on my pc needs to be replaced), I'll have to shut down the pc, replace the hard drive, and wait until she goes to work the next day to use it again. And because of this, I won't be able to reply to any posts after 3:30pm eastern time.
Now let's get back on topic. First and Foremost, let me just just say that since this is a web site, and anyone can lie about anything, it is possible for me to fabricate the settings and race results, but let me pormise you that I'll never tell a lie on the web, and don't plan to, but if it's concerning personal info, I'll have to be really careful about what Info I share because I want to protect my privacy.
Now, here are the stats and upgrades for the Chaser that i'm using:

453hp @7100rpm
392.0lb/ft of torque @5100rpm

Weight:3240lbs. (stock, no weight reduction)
Equipped Parts;
Tires: Racing Soft, front and rear
Suspension: Full Custom.
Gears: Full Custom.
Flywheel: racing
Clutch: Triple
Carbon Driveshaft
Sports Brakes
Racing Controller
Engine Parts:
performance chip, installed
Engine balancing, performed
Port and Polish, done
Displacement, N/A
Stage 1 Turbo upgrade
Intercooler: Racing
Limited Differential, yes
Traction Controller, no
Weight: normal, 3240lbs.
I'll post the settings after i'm done testing.

MacRoadster
JP version, probably that's the reason.

europa11yu.jpg

europa28qb.jpg

Here are the upgrade changes:
Normal power = 127hp
+ Racing muffler = 137hp
+ Turbo 3 = 276hp
+ Performance chip = 286hp
+ Engine balancing = 296hp
+ Port & Polish = 304hp

with NA tune 3 = 240hp
Yeah, that's definitely ps and kg ;) LOL, is there anything PD didn't screw up ?

There's no way in hell it weighs 650 lbs ...

Smoke_U_24/7
Please give me the suspension settings for your Europa, I'd like to know because not only does the Europa get loose through banked turns, but the Lotus Elise and the Tommy Kaira ZZ-S coupe does also.
btw, has anybody tuned the ZZ-S coupe and Elise 190 to it's maximum horsepower, gave it a racing mod and super soft tires? Because of it's weight, the speeds you can drive through the corners at are staggering.
I'll check later today ...

I remember that my Elise 190 was doing 2:28 around Red Rock Valley (2 laps) ... I spent around 2 hours testing every possible suspension configuration to get it just right about 3-4 years ago ... I'm probably faster now, haven't taken it out for like a year ...

The ZZ-S I didn't have to put in nearly as much time and I was doing 2:26s ... The SR20 owns the Rover K ...

This is better than/equal to many 500+ hp cars ... I just loved walloping my friends in their 774 hp Skyline GT-Rs with a 263 hp Elise :) Especially when its for money :)

Oh, the regular Elise is almost as fast and considerably more forgiving of suspension settings than the Elise 190 ...

The Miatas also suprisingly fast given their lack of power ...

I've just finished testing the TRD Chaser and the best settings I've found so far are these:
Suspension;
Spring Rate: 9.5lb/in, front 7.5, rear
Ride Height: 93inches, front and rear
Damper, bound tension: 6 level
Damper, rebound tension: 6 level
Toe: 0.00in, front and rear
Camber: 2.0degrees, front 1.5degrees, rear
Stabilizer: 4 Level, front and rear

Gears:
1st: 2.974
2nd: 2.029
3rd: 1.456
4th: 1.105
5th: 0.887
Final: 3.727

Fully Customizable Limited Slip Differential:
Acceleration:36
Deceleration:16
Initial:6
Equipped Parts;
Tires: Super Soft
Stage 2 turbo kit with racing intercooler, racing muffler, performance chip, and
fully customizable Limited Slip Differential.
Racing flywheel, Triple Plate clutch, and carbon Driveshaft

The reason why I posted my settings is because I want different opinions on how good they are. So, what does everyone think?

Jmac279
Yeah, that's definitely ps and kg ;) LOL, is there anything PD didn't screw up ?

There's no way in hell it weighs 650 lbs ...

Yes i knew the weight was in Kg but didn't knew the power was ps, since isn't a big difference... buggers 👎

My Elise 190 has 267hp... well ps :P

Gonna try Smoke's Chaser setup to check how it handles.

Smoke, you forgot brakes and wings, and you're using the TRD Chaser X30 Sports with about 680hp, right?

I'm testing it in Laguna Seca and the suspension seems ok, even if the camber is a bit high for my tastes. I think the two first gears a bit longer could improve your traction getting out of the corners.

I did purchase sports brakes and a brake controller, but I thought I stated that in one of my posts. :odd:
As for the suspension, the high camber setting helped me turned into the corners better. And about the gear ratios, I was just trying to improve 0-60mph. acceleration, but you may be right.

EDIT: Yep, I did post all of the settings on my chaser (check post#17), but I changed the turbo kit from stage 1 to stage 2. As for my horsepower, it's currently at 539hp.
Now if you'll exuse me, I've got a race to win.

EDIT: Not just yet, I've made a last minute decision to upgrade to the stage 3 turbo kit (around 603hp.)

Here's what's happening so far:
The Vector M12 LM Spun out exiting the corkscrew on lap 2, My current rank is 2nd place.
Exciting race! :dopey:

EDIT #2:Final lap, but still in 2nd place. The Vector M12 is right on my ass! :scared:
The Saleen Sr Widebody is about 2-3 seconds ahead of me. Now i'm hoping for a spinout courtesy of the Saleen SR widebody.

The race is over (11:31am Eastern time), here are the results:
1st: Saleen SR Widebody
2nd: Toyota TRD Chaser X30 (Me! :D)
3rd: VectorM12 LM Edition
4th: Jaguar XJ220 Race Car
5th: Opel Calibra Touring car
6th: Lotus Elise GT1
I didn't win, but I could've done better. Otherwise, it was a great race :tup 👍

Well the most important is that you had fun racing it :)

Keep trying it and you should win. Also try the other All Star races with that car, it should give good races too. I also did the Red Rock with the TRD Chaser and it was a bit easier, but still a nice race :)

Back