Challenges Always Symmetric?

SportWagon

Premium
Canada
Punkeydoodles Corners, Ontario, Canada. (aka GT2t
If the challenge to win Bike A is not to beat identical Bike A, but rather to beat Bike B, is it always the case that the challenge to win Bike B will be to beat Bike A?

It has been in the couple of cases I checked since I first began wondering.

And then there's winning the three qualified entrants for the 2-Stroke Series where you must beat the other two in a three-bike race.

It would seem that this scheme would make it easiest to win the best bike, but I think some monkey-business goes on (catch-up/rubber-banding) and that's not the case. I don't recall a lot of difficulty winning the 2-stroke Honda, especially since I was learning the course (Autumn Ring full) (on a bike, that is), and then I had quite a lot of difficulty winning the Suzuki. The Yamaha seemed relatively easy, as did the much less powerful Honda (I successfully retried each before finally winning the Suzuki). Yet the Suzuki, stats-wise, looks to be the ringer.

I suppose it would be easy enough for them to compensate for the bike's ability by adjusting the initial head-starts, but it seemed that the first bike would just ride away from the Suzuki even if you caught it, in a manner which the Suzuki (when ridden by the AI) would not do to the other bikes. For example, up the hill from the 270 degree corner.

Would you have felt better had they used the correct performance measures and just gave the appropriate bikes the right head start ?

I never looked at it like that, but more of a skill they attached to the bikes you have to beat.

I don't have specifics, but I know that I've had to race an identical bike, then when I repeated the challenge to win a different color, it was a different opponent. I think it's just bikes picked from a group for each challenge, and not always the same.

Aha!

Perhaps it's like GT3 where the lineup for a particular event was deterministic after reboot, and changed from that if you exited and re-entered.

Hmm. I often collect all the colours at once, and the ones recently have been the same opponent (but that has been the bike I was riding/winning as well).

having won every single challenge bike I can say that they adjust challenge difficulty by altering the skill of the AI riders. On a few of the easier challenges the AI riders were riding lean bike style LOL.

in the 2 stroke series the bikes are pretty evenly matched, the honda isn't really any slower than the yamaha or suzuki. I won the series on the RZV500 with ease.

the only challenge that is tough is the TZ250 challenge, the rest are not too bad. Just a matter of using the right riding style and being fast through the turns(the AI bikes corner slow), lean body seems to work best for everything EXCEPT the dirt bikes. Motard style worked best with the dirt bikes.

when I redid the street bike challenges to get more colors I was able to beat most of the AI riders within half a lap.

I have never seen a particular bike be given a different challenge at different times. I've been watching fairly closely, but not taking notes. (So wouldn't notice if it was different in different playing sessions).

However, although I did not note the details, I am reasonably sure I have seen a couple of cases now where you win Bike A by beating Bike B, but you win Bike B by beating some bike other than Bike A. (In one case, I believe, you raced Bike B against Bike B).

But, I repeat, I have never seen different challenges given for winning the same bike.

After the summer, perhaps I'll start a new game and take detailed notes.

Back