Changing Wheels

Discussion in 'Hybriding' started by darthfett1820, Mar 18, 2002.

1. darthfett1820

darthfett1820

Hey everyone. Does anybody know how to change wheels on cars using MK's program? I want to put the wheels from a Nissan Z concept on some cars. How do I do this?

2. MazKid

MazKid Staff Emeritus

You can't, I've tryed, the stock wheels come with the base, so you can't switch them.

3. MattiB

MattiB

That is what I have read as well. You can put different wheels on cars
    that don't permit wheel changes, RSX, RX8, Viper Concept, by installing the wheel in the MKS program when you edit your hybrids.

4. MazKid

MazKid Staff Emeritus

True

5. W_conneely

W_conneely

Whats an MKS program or whatever??

6. Heydu

Heydu

It's the hybriding program used for GT3. It's actually MK's program,(written by MK), and is called GT3gstat, and U need a sharkport to use it.

7. VIRacer

VIRacer

Had anyone tried mixing tires ? If you did then whats the best mix for rally/endurance races.

Pojam.

8. MazKid

MazKid Staff Emeritus

Mixing tires? like front and back or just all of the tires? I always do tire changes so that I can have bigger wheels on my cars. It's kind of a guessing game, you have to think what size will fit on the car, and then you have to find a car that has the size. and 8.5s are the best.

9. VIRacer

VIRacer

That's cool. I want wider tires for my car. But what about the frontt and rear. e.g. like Front = Soft tires and Rear = Sports tires.

10. MazKid

MazKid Staff Emeritus

you can do that in the game or in the program, if you want bigger tires than you have to do it in the program, but if your gonna us the original tires you can do it in the game. And remember, the .5s are better.

11. VIRacer

VIRacer

what about changing wheel size ? 17" rim sport would be great...

Pojam.

12. Heydu

Heydu

only way to change the wheel size is to change to a tire that has a different wheel size. I think

13. MazKid

MazKid Staff Emeritus

OK, so like you want bigger wheels, you have to find a car that has bigger wheels. There is no set size, you just barrow them off of other cars. And then you have to make sure they fit, because a tire going through a wheel well looks bad. And some cars have bigger tires, and some have lower profile tires. The Stratos tires are thick, like rally tires, and the Miata LS are super thin, you just have to have a general idea of tire size and what fits.