Cheap Shaker - Sinus Live Bass-Pump III 4 Ohm

Sick_Cylinder
Amazon UK have got some bass shakers for sale for £19.99 at the moment called Sine Live Bass-Pump 3. They are 4 ohm 50 W RMS, there is also an 8 ohm model.

They may not be very good, but after reading a favourable review from a simracer I decided to order a couple and will post user impressions as soon as I can.

Just received my pair of Sinuslive Bass Pump 3's.

First impressions are that they look and feel cheaper than the Aura Pros. They are similar in size to the Aura and rated at the same power, but do not have a heat sink - the voice coil is air cooled by circulation from around the three feet and under the unit.

I will put up user impressions after more testing - at the moment my mounting is not satisfactory so I can't accurately compare with the Aura.

Sinuslive Bass Pump 3 Impressions

They were £19.99 each from Amazon UK and are supplied by Conrad. I have an Aura Bass Shaker Pro very firmly mounted in the recliner part of a sofa. I don't have a race rig, but use a wheelstandpro and a modular three part sofa. the intention is to get a decent tactile system which will double for watching fims using the recliner seats and playing GT5 via the wooden central module.

At the moment I am testing using the Left and Right multiout from the PS3 into the amp section of a Gale 3070 active subwoofer (100W, 65WRMS). These and similar subwoofers can be picked up off ebay for £15 to £25.

The Auras have a resonant peak at (from memory) 38 hz and give a good impression of engine and road vibration including curbs / rumble strips and vehicle collisions.

The Bass Pump 3 is surprisingly good for £19.99 and if I hadn't already tried the Aura I think I would be completely satisfied. It seems to have two resonant peaks - one low down like the Aura and another around 80hz (more testing required to check). They are rated from 5 to 100 hz.

Road bumps and rumble strips are less pronounced with the Bass Pump. I also tried a rally replay of Toscana and the thumps which I felt with the Aura when the car jumps over crests were less clear.

The Bass Pumps are very good for engine vibration - particularly on the Audi R8 4.2 strong vibration was felt from low revs all the way to high revs.

The standard postage charges from Conrad are £6.95, but for £1 extra they ship via 48hr UPS. Product was well packed.

I recommend the "Sinuslive Bass Pump 3" to anyone wanting to try tactile cheaply - if you partner one with the amp out of a cheap secondhand subwoofer and mount under your seat you could get some serious rumble for less than £50. Don't forget that rubber isolators - I got 4 off ebay for a few pounds - are essential to get a decent effect.

Bass Pump 3 might be good for gear shift area, but I have not tried this yet.

More Impressions

Forgot to mention that the tactile effect with collisions is good from the Bass Pump 3.

Overall I think it doesn't have the clarity of effect of the Aura Pro or the heft / thump landing from jumps, but is surprisingly good for the money. There is also an 8 ohm model, but this is over £30.

There is also a twin voice coil model called the "Sinuslive Big Bass Pumping" (I kid you not!) which is £39.99. As this has twin 50W RMS 4 ohm voice coils each one can be wired in series for an 8 ohm 50W load or parrallel for a 2 ohm 100W load. The two coils attract and repel a moving magnet so vibration is transmitted to the structure via the movement of a mass within the shaker, whereas the Bass Pump 3 works by vibrating above the mounting surface.

Thanks museumsteve

Would anybody mind pointing me to a thread on how to post photos onto the site then I can post a few pics - I have tried using the search facility, but to no avail.

G219 - Yes

The Aura Pro is very hard to get hold of in the UK. The importer has stopped stocking them, but was selling them at £110.45 a pair plus shipping. You are lucky to be able to get them for $37 in the USA.

The alternatives for people in the UK seem to be the Sinus Live Bass Pump 3 at £20, the Sinus Live Big Bass Pumping at £40 or the Reckhorn BS100 at £45.

I had good results from the gear shift test this morning so have ordered two more. No more spending till next year!

G219 - Yes

The Aura Pro is very hard to get hold of in the UK. The importer has stopped stocking them, but was selling them at £110.45 a pair plus shipping. You are lucky to be able to get them for $37 in the USA.

The alternatives for people in the UK seem to be the Sinus Live Bass Pump 3 at £20, the Sinus Live Big Bass Pumping at £40 or the Reckhorn BS100 at £45.

I had good results from the gear shift test this morning so have ordered two more. No more spending till next year!

Cheers Sick Cylinder,

I was reading the thread and then came across them, haven't used tactile feedback before, but I just may give these a try!

Good luck with your setup. 👍

G219 - give the Aura Pros a try - once you have tried them you will wonder how you managed without them. It really brings the game to life - a bit like going from a hand controller to a wheel!

G219 - give the Aura Pros a try - once you have tried them you will wonder how you managed without them. It really brings the game to life - a bit like going from a hand controller to a wheel!

Cheers man. Just ordered. That last part has me really excited!!

I've also ordered a couple to test out as this will be my first tactile speaker. If they aren't good then I'll just order the Aura's from the states via Parts Express.

Germinator - I hope you enjoy them. The Aura Pro is definitely a better shaker, but I think the Bass Pump 3's are surprisingly good for the money. With taxes and shipping to the UK the Aura Pro's would probably cost about three times as much as the Bass Pump 3's and although better I don't think they are that much better.

I have a Sony STR-DA2400ES which I need to dig from the loft. From memory it was a 100Watt per channel amp with switchable 4/8 ohms, so there will be plenty of juice for these things. The important thing I have to remember is to have some filtering so that only frequencies below 80 Hz pass to the shaker. What's the best way to wire these up?

Germinator - I am presuming that you will be using the Sony 2400 just to power the shakers and have another AV receiver for surround sound. If so you can split the LFE signal from your main AV receiver with a Y connector then connect to one channel of the 2400 and wire the two shakers to the output of that channel in series for an 8 ohm load. Or you can connect the mono LFE signal to two channels of the 2400 and connect one shaker to each channel for a 4 ohm load on each.

The LFE signal is likely to be under 200Hz so you can try it initially without filtering. there may be an option in your AV receiver to alter the crossover point and lower it, but only do that if it wont create a hole in your Audio sound.

I don't have an AV system with LFE and also I wanted to experiment with stereo tactile so I use the PS3 multiout to feed mono subwoofer amps which have built in adjustable low pass filters. You could connect the PS3 multiout to two channels of your Sony 2400 and wire one shaker to each channel.

You may find that the stereo multiout signal from the PS3 is a bit weak in which case you can pre-amp it with a headphone amp such as the Behringer HA400 (about £15).

For filtering some members of GTPlanet are using 31 band stereo graphic equalisers such as the behringer 3102 (about £95).

You can also use an inline low pass filter such as FMod (available from Parts Express about $25 - I haven't seen these in the UK).

Mr Latte and other Forum Members have experience of using AV receivers to power shakers so would be able to give you more hands on comments

Those type of A/V or amplifiers are not really the best to work Aura pro's. I went through a Kenwood and 2 different Pioneer A/V amps and the performance was not great. I would give them a "C-"

Now if you want to fire 2 Aura pro's or more I would recommend This one or This one and I would give those an "A+"

Those type of A/V or amplifiers are not really the best to work Aura pro's. I went through a Kenwood and 2 different Pioneer A/V amps and the performance was not great. I would give them a "C-"

Now if you want to fire 2 Aura pro's or more I would recommend This one or This one and I would give those an "A+"

I am using a pioneer 5.1 amp and have two Aura pro's on one channel and it works great, the amp is 100 watts a channel and I am only on half volume,
Much cheaper and still have four more channels for more Aura's,

Sorry I should have been more clearer. Here is my equipment:

Amp: Sony STR 2400es
Soundcard: Creative titanium HD
Headset: Sennheiser HD595
Bass Shaker: 2XSine Live Bass 4ohm

- I game in the spare room which is not set up as a Home Cinema ie there is no speaker set up.
- I game listening through my headset which I would like to retain/continue to do.
- I'd like the Sine Live Bass to just provide tactile feedback to my desk chair
- I have no other speakers or amplifiers

How would I go about wiring this up please?

Thanks

Last edited:

- I game in the spare room which is not set up as a Home Cinema ie there is no speaker set up.
- I game listening through my headset which I would like to retain/continue to do.

Thanks
Your lucky you can put your receiver on 4 ohm and just hook up your shaker wires to you left and right speaker, so you can run one shaker on each channel.
Turn your tribble down to get outvthe highs and add bass up till you get what you want.
Don't turn it up to much you are putting 100 watts and the shaker is rated at 50 watts,

Thanks

It depends on if you will be using simvibe or just bass to control the shakers.

Your lucky you can put your receiver on 4 ohm and just hook up your shaker wires to you left and right speaker, so you can run one shaker on each channel.
Turn your tribble down to get outvthe highs and add bass up till you get what you want.
Don't turn it up to much you are putting 100 watts and the shaker is rated at 50 watts,

That is what I thought, but then I was getting confused as I was told to use the sub out with an RCA splitter to connect to another amp. Thanks

I received the units today and attached them to by chair, just waiting on the wire to arrive from Audio Visual.

Is this wiring diagram correct for series?

sony_str_da2400es_rear_panel_zpsad852845.jpg

Wiring this way am I right assuming that the amp should be set to 4 ohms?

Also there are 2 additional questions in the diagram as I saw another connector (Sub Back) and read about providing more power to the bass shakers by wiring a certain way. (Forgot the terminology)

This

These av receivers will barely output 30 watts per channel much less 100 watts per channel.

Back