Cheat codes

• Thread starter newuser100
  • 15 comments
Hi, I'm quite new to all this and found some cheat codes to get my A license, it says 'press start and select' before the code but dosen't say when to do this. Can anyone help please? I've been trying to get the license for ages but can't hence the cheat! Thanks so much! :)

Those codes are for a gameshark cheat device. If you use the gameshark all you have to is press start and selct an the opening screen of the game.

It's not a good idea to use codes for Gran turismo 👎 you'll never get good at the game. The license tests are tough, but they are what you'll need to learn how to advance; all the codes help you do is be lazy and stuff. You'll enter races and won't be able to complete or win them because you haven't got the necessary skills yet.

kjb
Those codes are for a gameshark cheat device. If you use the gameshark all you have to is press start and selct an the opening screen of the game.

Thanks lots, but as I am new here I don't know what a gameshark is! Could you please explain? Can I use them? Thanks!

It's not a good idea to use codes for Gran turismo 👎 you'll never get good at the game. The license tests are tough, but they are what you'll need to learn how to advance; all the codes help you do is be lazy and stuff. You'll enter races and won't be able to complete or win them because you haven't got the necessary skills yet.

I know :grumpy: but I really just want to progress a bit faster, I'm new to trying to complete things but have been trying really hard for quite a long time now and need to move on! Thanks though! 👍

I know :grumpy: but I really just want to progress a bit faster, I'm new to trying to complete things but have been trying really hard for quite a long time now and need to move on! Thanks though! 👍

You're wanting to cheat so you can "progress" to harder races in which you won't be able to win since you don't have the skills yet? I'm sorry, that doesn't make any sense. But whatever, it's your game dude.

I'll tell you what helped me immensely early on: if you have a dual-shock try switching it to full analog--this may or may not help you...but it was like the difference between nite and day in my gaming.

Last edited:
Hey, part of the reason I bought the game at all was because of the way the demo let you configure your controllers almost any way you wanted, including using the (new, I didn't realize at the time) analog sticks.

Yeah. It changes everything when you configure stuff the way you want. 👍

Don't mean to be harsh newuser100, just trying to steer you in the right direction. :) cheating=bad. practice=good. You'll get it eventually.

Yeah I know, and i appreciate it, its just im aware that im doing little else lately which isnt good! practice is just frustrating me. all this gameshark stuff seems a bit complicated! It seems you need to be talented just to know how to cheat! Thanks for everyones help :)

Yeah I know, and i appreciate it, its just im aware that im doing little else lately which isnt good!
Hmm. Almost sounds like you're not psychologically suited to be a GT player. ;) (I.e. because you worry about spending too much time playing the game...)

The game and license structure is a little off in that some of the A-license races are good places to practice skills for the A-license. And the available B-license events are a bit limited. In contrast, once you get an A-license, the Normal Series is good practice for the IA license.

One approach is to try and find the cars used in A license tests, and use repeated Sunday Cups to buy them, and then just take those cars (stock) to the full-length courses in Time Trial mode. That lets you integrate the test stretch as part of a more total flow. So you probably want a Mazda RX-7 (can't find the model, but I think it's new), a new Skyline GT-R V-spec, and eventually a Toyota Supra RZ.

Or you can learn Grand Valley Speedway in the 4WD special series.

To learn Trial Mountain non-reverse, your only alternative, however, is the Spot Race. :( But, yes, once you get your A license, that opens up the Clubman Cup and GT Cup, both of which include it.

Well, the first eight digits are basically an address, with the next four being a patch value.

Now, there's something peculiar about addresses. The initial byte (two digits) is actually an operation code, with the other bytes apparently constituting the address. Except, whenever pointers appear within memory, they do begin with the "80" byte. Furthermore, the Game Shark Pro always showed the 80 as if it was part of the address (though that may have been just for the convenience of code generating). So it's like the PlayStation architecture maps all memory to high addresses like that, so a hex 8XXXXXXX type instruction is both the actual address and instruction. (In the case of other op-codes, presumably the top byte needs to be assumed to be 80). Unless perhaps that top byte is a pointer modifier of some sort.

Here's an explanation of Game Shark codes:

http://www.geocities.com/gt2toxs/gt/diary/2000-08-24.html

Sorry if you already knew that part and need to know only the ePSXe info,

Back