Check Out an Early Unboxing of the Thrustmaster T-GT

Looks really nice. I don't like the material touch of my T500 but that leather looks awesome. And I like the GT logo.

But am I the only one here who thinks these expensive packages should come bundled with an extra formula-type wheel that could be easily swapped and would only rotate 180º. And gear-shifts H/I. Well, at least it comes with the 3-pedal set, nothing is more upsetting than a good wheel coming with a 2-pedals set.

Anyway, wish I could put my hands on a T-GT.

Looks really nice. I don't like the material touch of my T500 but that leather looks awesome. And I like the GT logo.

But am I the only one here who thinks these expensive packages should come bundled with an extra formula-type wheel that could be easily swapped and would only rotate 180º. And gear-shifts H/I. Well, at least it comes with the 3-pedal set, nothing is more upsetting than a good wheel coming with a 2-pedals set.

Anyway, wish I could put my hands on a T-GT.
180 is too short a lock for single seat cars (and I think you mean 360, 180 in each direction) . F1 cars have about 420-450ish

Does Thrustmaster still rely on torsion springs for the pedals? It cause more wear then other solutions (compression spring)

R3V
Never seen em go past 200
You only ever see this much lock at hairpins or recovering the car after a spin, watch Kimi take lowes hairpin, the wheel goes about 45 past the 180 mark. 180+45x2=450.

Congrats on the wheel again Michael (if you're reading), heard you had some trouble taking the wheel to your car. :P

I wasn't as impressed with the wheel as I thought I would be, considering the price. The additional dials over a T300 or T500 are very handy though.

You only ever see this much lock at hairpins or recovering the car after a spin, watch Kimi take lowes hairpin, the wheel goes about 45 past the 180 mark. 180+45x2=450.

The F1 teams fit a special quick rack just for Monaco.

Not sure about the new wheel - it looks more like a gaming peripheral and less like a real steering wheel than other wheels.

The F1 teams fit a special quick rack just for Monaco.

Not sure about the new wheel - it looks more like a gaming peripheral and less like a real steering wheel than other wheels.

Yes it varies from track to track, but my point is that lock to lock an F1 car has a little bit more than 360.

@Dhalism 270? You kidding? In an older codemasters game maybe. Both vids I’ve posted clearly show that IRL the cars have 360+

Anyway wheel looks nice, knobs look a bit clumsy though. Will probably replace my T500rs when/if it eventually fails.

Not impressed with this wheel. The rim is too small and the design is bulky and unrealistic. Looks like a gaming wheel and not a real life steering wheel. So sad, pass.

It’s not small. I think it’s a 30cm rim like the T500rs, slightly bigger than the t300 28cm.

For the price... Not really. You can get a Fanatec set with muuuuuch better pedals and ecosystem support. :\
This, not sure why people are saying things like its probably worth it or they're gonna buy it, esp when it has a main feature only useable in one game. Even if you're the most hardcore GT fan, still seams like money not well spent when there are better deals elsewhere. Fanatecs DD wheel won't be far off this price either.

It’s not small. I think it’s a 30cm rim like the T500rs, slightly bigger than the t300 28cm.

For the price and if they are trying to state this is the top console wheel they need to offer up the 1:1 size rims in a fashion like they did for the XBox with the Sparco partnership. At this point 30cm is too small for an $800 price tag coupled with crappy pedals. At the very least either throw the pro pedal set in for $800 or give me a 310mm or even more so the 330mm Sparco rim that will be available in the future. I don't understand why they give one console certain options over another.

330 Sparco or bust for me. Only way I'll spend more on Thrustmaster. And yes, I have the Ferrari 599xx Evo 8:10 replica rim and wish it was bigger!

Thought you meant in a single direction, in reply to the guy you quoted.

The wheel is fantastic, you can see the materials used, look at power supply, real power for FBB, there is only one thing does not convince me, the pedal set, is the same type of T3PA that I am using now, it's good, nothing bad to say, but a steering wheel like that deserves an outstanding pedal set, for example T3PA PRO was perfect. I don't understand why Thrustmaster did this mistake.
Anyway, wait 2-3 months, the price will go down.

The wheel is fantastic, you can see the materials used, look at power supply, real power for FBB, there is only one thing does not convince me, the pedal set, is the same type of T3PA that I am using now, it's good, nothing bad to say, but a steering wheel like that deserves an outstanding pedal set, for example T3PA PRO was perfect. I don't understand why Thrustmaster did this mistake.
Anyway, wait 2-3 months, the price will go down.
Regardless of whether it's a fantastic wheel, it's not better ( or much better) than the Fanatec CSL Elite which is much cheaper, and you could get a full Fanatec set up for the price of the TGT. The price difference between the CSL and this will probably be the same price difference between this and Fantecs DD wheel. The TGT may be a fantastic wheel, but £700 fantastic? I doubt it.

Doesn't really matter what wheel you use is, it just has to do the job you want it to do. Also, Michael got the newest thrustmaster wheel for FREE, point two he got that bad boi for free by turning up and getting the best lap time using the very same wheel. I say Big Up Michael

I'm already hearing impressions from those who got it early that you can feel alot of notching from the belt. Just like ts-pc. Whether or not it is noticable while driving in GT sport is yet to be determined.

In earlier information we were told it was 28cm, so the same as the T300/TX rims.

Given the TS-XW's magnificent 31cm Sparco rim, 28cm on the T-GT feels like a let down to me.

Surprised nobody has posted or seen the Simracing girl review.

Basically it's just a repackaged T-GT with the added cost of a transducer on the wheel base (not sure how that's any different than vibration motors in some of the Fanatec rims and would still presumably make the wheel vibrate when it should be say the seat for bumps) which only works on GT:Sport.

Hopefully it will work in the upcoming demo so we can get feedback on how it feels but I can't imagine it will be anything more than an expensive gimmick.

Surprised nobody has posted or seen the Simracing girl review.

Basically it's just a repackaged T-GT with the added cost of a transducer on the wheel base (not sure how that's any different than vibration motors in some of the Fanatec rims and would still presumably make the wheel vibrate when it should be say the seat for bumps) which only works on GT:Sport.

Hopefully it will work in the upcoming demo so we can get feedback on how it feels but I can't imagine it will be anything more than an expensive gimmick.

It’s been posted and talked about a number of times already.

Back