Administrator
United States
United States
GTP_Jordan
GTP_Jordan
I thought this was pretty good...

http://www.mclaren.net/mclaren/toybox/video/mpeg/comparison.MPG

:lol:

:lol:  I'm glad to see even the non-auto enthusiast enjoyed it!  :)

That was great when they did that. I think they did it around Silverstone didn't they ? Ford also did a similar thing a couple of years back with Johnny Herbert driving the Stewart F1 car, McRae was driving his WRC Focus and a journalist was driving a Ford Cougar.

Yeah, it was Silverstone.  I'd love to see the Focus going around a real track with Colin McRae!

It was amazing. He slid around nearly every corner. Seeing the speed diferential between the Focues and the Stewart was the best thing though.

Have you seen it anywhere on the internet?  The closest I was able to find was this.

Yeah, it's great.  Have you seen it before?

Yes I have a long time ago. Its funny when the driver was leisurely checking his stocks and having a coffee. The two Mercedes were given a 70 second start and the McLaren still won. :embarrassed:

Yeah, it's so close!  Very exciting.  I love seeing the little Mercedes thrashed around the track.  :)  I thought it performed suprisingly well.

Thats the video Jordan. He is a motoring journalist over here and every year he brings out a video with great cars on there. On one video, he brought together the entire 200 mph club (every production car that can reach 200mph) which was amazing. He and a few drivers normally race them against each other. I remember he races a Jordan F1 car against an F40 but gave up after about 5 secs because he couldn't see the F1 car anymore. He also likes wrecking cars - he blew up a Yugo 35 with a Cheiftain tank, blew up a Corvette with a Helicopter gunship and he also crashed, shot, hammered and dropped a piano on a Porsche 911 in an attempt to wreck it.

Yeah I've heard of him somewhere before.  Sounds a little crazy, though...

He is a pretty funny guy. He isn't crazy - he just like wrecking cars he doesn't like. Actually now I come to think of it, on his chat show he does blow quite a lot of thing up and makes homemade bazuka's out of a metal bucket and a turkey so perhaps he is a bit mad.

A bazooka out of a metal bucket and a turkey?  What part does the turkey have in that contraption?  

Er, wait a minute, I don't think I want you to answer that question...

What he does is he gets a metal bucket and sprays a whole can of hairspray into it, he then jams in a whole turkey (dead) and puts the bucket and a naked flame. He shoots them pretty far.

Yeah, mine either.  Maybe a fun outside project for the kids?

Back