Choose me a car!!!!!

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hello,

So I finally managed to get to 10 million credits and feel like splashing some cash!!!

Here’s a list of things I am in the market for;

1. A Classic car for classic racing.
2. Something unusual to take to the drift lobbies.
3. Something you don’t see often to use in scapes mode or random ride and drive lobbies.
4. Something for unusual but very fast for drag racing.
5. Something to just drive that makes you smile. (Add a reason why).

Please submit only 1 car per entry and which categories it covers.

for example :
Jaguar E type - 1. Classic car - feel free to add a picture or some info about the car you have chosen or why you have chosen it

A car may cover more than 1 category, if someone has already posted your chosen car just leave that post a like.

I’ll leave this thread open for at least a week and see what happens, hopefully I’ll be choosing 1 (Or maybe more than 1), of your cars and I’ll update the post with photos etc of what I finally chose!

Thanks in advance!!! :cheers:

Last edited:
Aston Martin DB3S 1953 - it's 10m credits has a great racing history. Over 30 were made and they were raced from 1953-56 so there are plenty of possible replica liveries in a range of colours (during that period cars were normally raced in the country racing colours of the entrant or alternatively the driver).
Very beautiful and elegant car with an unusual design of exhaust outlet. Not suitable for drag racing, but great for most things!

I would go for the 1966 GT40 at 2.8m a bargain for a classic.

Red Bull X2019 Competition or x2014 Standard are useful bargains at 3m.

On the unusual (?) side, maybe the RUF CTR3 2007 at 600,000.

I'm currently at 17m, approaching 20m. Jumped over a few cars I still need but will probably will buy the 250 GTO next.

300 SEL 6.8 AMG '71.
8440340540235481616_0.jpg
8439777596323956240_0.jpg
7143342327774314496_0.jpg
6990219949506592776_0.jpg
8286650813093282328_0.jpg

2 mil Cr. It can win the Nostalgic GR.X races. Excellent drift car and the fat tyres make it look like the big brute it is.

If you can scrape up an extra 2.5mil to add to your 10mil, the 250 Berlinetta is so sweet. N300 in standard form. Tune the engine and transmission if you want to take on some quicker cars. You definitely won't see many in the Lobbys.
7133711714489500176_0.jpg

4. Something for unusual but very fast for drag racing.

I just started driving the Chaparral VGT - my goodness, acceleration is stunning! Top end not as high as some, coming in around 410 Km/h, but the acceleration.....:bowdown:! And "only" 1 million. Can't add power or reduce weight, but really no need.

My honest opinion is to keep saving. When you're at $10 mil. you're half way to $20 mil.

I dont think $2-3 mil. cars matter that much... you should be able to afford these cars pretty easily. LIke I bought the Mercedes 300SEL 6.3 day one because I just wanted it.

It's a must have really but I feel like there's few $20 mil. cars that really are must have to, if not to just experience the 330... I'm at $18 mil. again so I'm now choosing between the Mk4 and the XJ13.

My honest opinion is to keep saving. When you're at $10 mil. you're half way to $20 mil.

I dont think $2-3 mil. cars matter that much... you should be able to afford these cars pretty easily. LIke I bought the Mercedes 300SEL 6.3 day one because I just wanted it.

It's a must have really but I feel like there's few $20 mil. cars that really are must have to, if not to just experience the 330... I'm at $18 mil. again so I'm now choosing between the Mk4 and the XJ13.

Yep. Saving for the daytona cobra was rewarding. Car is a beast.

Yep. Saving for the daytona cobra was rewarding. Car is a beast.

The Daytona was my first 'high roller' car and I do like it... and it has taken me to most of the victories in the 1979 series however it is hard going when your field is full of 330p4's.... I would have saved up more for the 330 however the 330 feels like an 'instant win' car.

It should be on everyones' list though, the 330 is that good.

The Daytona requires a professional driver to win... a tune and good upgrades. The 330 not so much. Stock with a tune and even a Le Mans high final drive and its still "insta-win" for me on just about every track, any kind of field.

I would put the Daytona, 330p4, the GT40 MkIV and the XJ13 as the four high rollers everyone should have but at $75 mil. for them its a hard ask playing normal.

The Daytona was my first 'high roller' car and I do like it... and it has taken me to most of the victories in the 1979 series however it is hard going when your field is full of 330p4's.... I would have saved up more for the 330 however the 330 feels like an 'instant win' car.

It should be on everyones' list though, the 330 is that good.

The Daytona requires a professional driver to win... a tune and good upgrades. The 330 not so much. Stock with a tune and even a Le Mans high final drive and its still "insta-win" for me on just about every track, any kind of field.

I would put the Daytona, 330p4, the GT40 MkIV and the XJ13 as the four high rollers everyone should have but at $75 mil. for them its a hard ask playing normal.

I got 2 330p4s and the XJ13 for free but at some point i think they changed the odds. ive never gotten close to a car worth that much in over a year lol. Thankful for gift cars because I likely wouldnt have them otherwise. The 330p4 is definitely dominant in the nostalgic races but both plus the daytona are fun as hell to drive.

Last edited:

Pagani Zonda R - Hypercar - an absolute joy to drive, especially around The Ring, can't help but smile.

300 SEL 6.8 AMG '71.
View attachment 925956 View attachment 925957 View attachment 925958 View attachment 925959 View attachment 925960

2 mil Cr. It can win the Nostalgic GR.X races. Excellent drift car and the fat tyres make it look like the big brute it is.

If you can scrape up an extra 2.5mil to add to your 10mil, the 250 Berlinetta is so sweet. N300 in standard form. Tune the engine and transmission if you want to take on some quicker cars. You definitely won't see many in the Lobbys.
View attachment 925965
I recently went on a spending spree and bought that classic AMG... It looks like such a lovely beast, but I haven't driven it yet though.

I love the Ferrari... that might be the next boutique purchase.

Pagani Zonda R - Hypercar - an absolute joy to drive, especially around The Ring, can't help but smile.

Yeah I actually bought this one too fully well knowing its a Gr.X thing. It is fun around the Ring however it ends up being driven once and put away since doing one make races is really a giant waste... do it once and that's it.

Its not too expensive but I cant say the same thing about the McLaren P1 GTR. Flat out cannot force myself to spend $3.6 mil. on this one trick pony.

Now the $2 mil. Mercedes 300SEL 6.3... I can sort of justify that since you can use it on the 1979 races.

Thanks for the replies, there’s some really interesting choices. I will be going through them at some point and choosing something to buy 👍.
(Keep the thread watched for an update)

Go with the 1961 Ferrari 250 GT. Very uncommon in lobbies compared to the Daytona, Miura, 300SEl, and even the 250 GTO.
It’s a great car that has very well balanced handling when tuned and like the Miura, it is an N CLASS car which means it’s waayy more useful than the Daytona and other race cars. The 250 GT is OP in N200 lobbies. Almost nothing can beat it with the right tune.
The V12 sounds very nice, the interior is gorgeous. The steering wheel spokes literally sparkle in the light..
And in terms of drifting, I drift it a lot. Very easy car to drift and everybody in drift lobbies love seeing it.
upload_2020-6-8_2-36-5.jpeg

That's an interesting point. If you had $10-$15 mil. then the 250GT and Miura are good since you can actually use them in N200-300-400 races. Whether you will win is another story.

Further how many $20 mil. Gr.X cars do you need? Once you have the 330 then you dont need the others.

Hello, thanks for your replies!!! I’m a little short on funds for the car of choice so sadly I don’t currently have any photos to post. However I thought I’d share my thoughts on your suggestions, so here goes...

@Sick Cylinder came straight out the gates with the Aston DB3 at 10m. This car ticks a lot of boxes and is something I hadn’t even considered. This choice was runner up and only after a lot of thinking I decided not to go with it, but a great choice and really threw a spanner in the works!!!

@O604 was up next with a few options;
GT40 66’ at 2.4m (bargain) - great car obviously and surely everyone should buy this car, but for this competition didn’t quite cut it this time - although I will buy it at some point (hoping on the reward cart though).
Red bull x 2019 - already owned - not a fan either!!! Not sure why but I just remember that I don’t like it so maybe I’ll have to drive it again to give it a second chance.
Ruf CTR3 - Already owned, but my gosh is it ugly :lol:.

@05XR8 - went full classical
Merc 300sel - this car is cool af, but sadly they seem very common these days, especially in drift lobbies, so I decided against it as I really want something a little bit different.
Ferrari 250GT Berlinetta 12.5m - I mean the photo sold me on this one, I had never even seen this car before, and oh wow, I knew the minute I saw it this was what I was looking for. Racing pedigree, super rare, lovely to look at and drift able. Bravo!!!

@seadog777 went for a Drag Car with the Chaparral VGT at 1m - Not something I would’ve ever considered buying. I will be purchasing this car shortly after the Ferrari to take to the drag strip so thanks for that one 👍

@Stencedaddy & @TonyJZX went for the Shelby Cobra - I mean 110% yes, awesome car, on of the greats. Sadly though at 15m and the rate I collect credits this is a long way away so I decided against it. I think this may be my next big purchase though. Probably the coolest car in game by a mile!!

@RikkiGT-R went for the Zonda as a pure drivers car. - luckily I already own this one and yes I do like it, especially round Tokyo, it really hooks up nice through the fast sections.

I think there was a few others who named the same cars so thanks to those as well.

I’m currently 1.5m away from purchasing the Ferrari 250GT Berlinetta which should be around beginning of July (photos to follow).
Then I’ll purchase the Chaparral VGT and start saving up again for the mighty Shelby Cobra.

Thanks to all and happy shopping!!
:cheers::cheers::cheers:

I’m currently 1.5m away from purchasing the Ferrari 250GT Berlinetta which should be around beginning of July (photos to follow).
Then I’ll purchase the Chaparral VGT and start saving up again for the mighty Shelby Cobra.

Good luck! Just a suggestion, if you do clean races at Monza in the Gr.1 category, you will have that 1.5 million in well under an hour - why wait until July? :cheers:

I'm at $19,7 mil. now. Gotta make a choice soon. I already have the Daytona and 330p4 but dont have the 250GT or Miura... my choice is the GT40 MkIV or the XJ13.

Realistically this is the last big purchase as I feel I dont have another $20 mil. to be earnt before the release of GT7 given that it seems we dont have that much content and play left to go.

Well I made it at last!!!!

Ferrari kindly flew me out to Spa to see if I would be interested in driving for them in an upcoming classical event.
Sadly it rained all day which meant we only managed to get a few laps in late in the evening. The mechanics weren’t too impressed having to clean it again after such a short run though :lol:

4AC60B0C-E99B-43E2-BACB-2543EC1C10D1.jpeg

B2ABEFF5-6DA2-4A93-9BFD-434E34872CB0.jpeg

5F082161-54D6-4619-B0D4-7719765993E2.jpeg

Thanks again to all that got involved :cheers:

Back