Choose Wisely!

• Thread starter turbomp301
  • 44 comments
GTP_HAAS599
your kiddin' right?
if there is a significant delay between the Japanese and the American release of prologue, is there anyone here willing to buy the japenese version and play it till the US version comes out?

Also if you did this would your saved game transfer from the Japanese version to the American version?

I don't doubt there will be a few hardcore fans who will get the Japanese version and then get the US or Eu version when it's finally released.

I rather wait for an English language version for sure. But maybe they'll be released at the same time? One can only hope...

I'd prefer an English version but if it's not released at the same time.....Hello Play-Asia.com!!:)

Not to be blasphemous or anything, but... I'm probably just going to wait for the real thing regardless of when Prologue comes out in North America. Unless I just happen to find a wad of cash. :P

I'm getting the japanees version if they aren't released at the same time(or close) , and when the english version is out I will get that too ..... I just can't wait

Il be getting the Japaniese version as soon as it comes out and as soon as I can get it to the UK!... I did the same for GT3 and GT4 Prologue... Im not going to wait for a UK release which may never come!

Robin

Japanese ver. on day one theres no way I can wait for a US ver. unless it came out on the same time. As far as save files go I really doubt you can transfer save file from JPN ver to US ver.

I will buy the Japanese version as soon as possible, I don't think I can wait. :indiff:

Erm.......................................

I'll probably just play Forza 2 and the demo until the US version hits. Unless the unthinkable happens and it never does. But surely Sony isn't that cruel!

There are 2 versions, one $44.90 release date Dec 11th & one for $49.90 release date Dec 13th, what's the difference?

EDIT I see the $44.90 version is Korean (I think it's a Korean flag but it's so small I can't tell) & the 49.90 version is Japanese, what kind of differences is there?
one says Asia for version & has Japanese as the language & the other says Japan version & which version is everyone ordering?

Well I don't really know what differences there are (besides language) so I just stuck with FULLY JDM VERZIONS!! :P

There are 2 versions, one $44.90 release date Dec 11th & one for $49.90 release date Dec 13th, what's the difference?

EDIT I see the $44.90 version is Korean (I think it's a Korean flag but it's so small I can't tell) & the 49.90 version is Japanese, what kind of differences is there?
one says Asia for version & has Japanese as the language & the other says Japan version & which version is everyone ordering?

No, it's not because it's Korean. It's because one of them (the cheaper one) is a download purchase of PSN, whereas the more expensive one is the Blu-ray version.

No, it's not because it's Korean. It's because one of them (the cheaper one) is a download purchase of PSN, whereas the more expensive one is the Blu-ray version.

Cool, I do want the disc!!
Anyone done business with Play-Asia before?
They look legit but you never know.
I may have to order a hello kitty strawberry pretzel with my GT5P!! :crazy: :yuck:

I think it would be a good idea if someone knowledgeable of purchasing games from Japan could create a thread on how to purchase GT5:P and have it sticked 👍

Cool, I do want the disc!!
Anyone done business with Play-Asia before?
They look legit but you never know.
I may have to order a hello kitty strawberry pretzel with my GT5P!! :crazy: :yuck:

They're very good, never had a bad experience and all items sent have arrived on or before schedule (I use the courier option though). Customer service has been perfect as well.

I don't have a choice. I don't have a credit card, so I have to wait untill GT5 prologue is available in the gaming stores.

im just buying it of PSN on the 11th, then buying th english ver on disc when it comes to NZ...
I was so close ordering the game from yesasia.com, but thanks for your post. Now I'll download it from the Japanese PSN store and save the shipping ;)
Hmm, but my Japanese PSN-Account has an inexisting address in Japan. I don't think it will work with my credit card because they'll check the card to it's proper owner?! If it's not working I'll have to accept 1-2 weeks of shipping, but that's still a lot earlier than an european release somewhere 2008 :)

I'll order from Play-Asia that's fer damn sure. Only thing is this :

This item is not available for shipping to
  • European Union
  • Iceland
  • Liechtenstein
  • Norway

Basically - I'm screwed any which way I turn it... I'll have to get someone outside EU to handle this, and then ship it here - And with all the Xmess shipping that's going on, it'll be delayed at least 14 days :-|

[Edit:] Goes well with my current avatar....

Japanese version oredered two weeks ago - shipping on Dec 12, I hope to see it before Xmas.

There is 5 people from my GTSurgeons crew who already ordered it, we all hope our ping will be sufficient for online play over Japanese servers.

I won't buy the Japanese version.. the larger a game gets, the more I demand to be able to read the thing. I might buy the European version, but ONLY if it's transferrable to the US release of GT5. If not, then I'll just sit here and pine for a NA release.

Back