Circuit Superstars Hits Steam Early Access, Coming to Consoles Later

Graphics are lovely with loads of neat touches and animations. I'd like to have a slightly less intrusive traction control, but otherwise the driving feels great. The AI definitely need some improvement - in both difficulty levels and overtaking. Although they seem pretty good at scooting past me when I go off line, they can get stuck behind each other seemingly forever, sometimes in a triangle formation with 2 behind a slower car (making the combination of them impossible to pass!). And while I can get 'best laps' in the second stage arcade races with the 60s GP and generally match their speed, I'm not able to do that pace in the pack so tend to lose places.

Altogether I'd sum it up as being fun and challenging, but they need to work on getting those two to happen at the same time!

wonder if my poxy pc could run it, probably not...

Just how poxy is it? Min specs aren't high at all:
  • OS: 64 Bit Only: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10
  • Processor: Intel Core i3 @2.3 GHz or AMD Dual-Core Athlon 2.4 Ghz
  • Memory: 4 GB RAM
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 or AMD Radeon HD 7850
  • DirectX: Version 9.0c
  • Storage: 800 MB available space
  • Sound Card: 9.0c compliant
I doubt any onboard graphics would be good enough, but still might be worth a try.

Last edited:
Just how poxy is it? Min specs aren't high at all:
  • OS: 64 Bit Only: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10
  • Processor: Intel Core i3 @2.3 GHz or AMD Dual-Core Athlon 2.4 Ghz
  • Memory: 4 GB RAM
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 or AMD Radeon HD 7850
  • DirectX: Version 9.0c
  • Storage: 800 MB available space
  • Sound Card: 9.0c compliant
I doubt any onboard graphics would be good enough, but still might be worth a try.

Erm i only have a mini zotac zbox pc i got in about 2010..
Untitled.jpg

all i can say to you all cause i own it. It's one hell of a racing game it's literally a full simcade in the middle. Fuel consumption, Tyre wear and damage with pitstops. It drives brilliantly great with both Xbox and keypad Worth the money. (it came out on E.A aka early access)

How have I only come across this? I was browsing Steam like i do every evening after finishing my gaming and come across the page for this! It looks fantastic and the physics look like great fun with some actual weight and nuance to them.

These screenshots made me want it alone...

Cute WRC/WRX
DMCFDcR.jpg

Cute 1960's F1
tSN0GX5.jpg

Ah man quite jealous here @Scaff i want this for ps4 pro..wonder if my poxy pc could run it, probably not...

Not to worry they have said it is coming to Consoles :)👍

Last edited:
How about this, @RYAN? :D Do it...

circuit_superstar.jpg

I eventually managed to win everything in the 60s GP set of arcade races by qualifying first and holding on to it :) Mistakes are punished quite harshly so it took a few tries! In the last race there was one right on my tail the whole way keeping the pressure on.

Then into the Trans-Am for the four Pro races with tire wear and pit stops, with mixed results so far. Managed to completely miss my pit box first time in :dunce: And in another race (the third?) the cheeky blighters didn't seem to pit, so had to bully my way past a few on my much fresher tires just to not be last! Seems easier to win these races since the AI go so long before pitting - easy advantage to pit a couple of laps before them (unlikely to work out well in the next batch of longer races though).

In time trials I seem to be about 3 seconds off the top, oh well :dopey:

Last edited:

View attachment 996094

The aesthetic is very appealing to me I have to say, Like Micro Machines but based on real world racing series :)👍

I got quite a few games on my buy list at the moment but this is climbing up the ranks quickly. The dev seems really passionate and proud of his game also, Which gives me confidence it will hopefully get regular updates and a productive Early Access period.

Last edited:

View attachment 996094

I eventually managed to win everything in the 60s GP set of arcade races by qualifying first and holding on to it :) Mistakes are punished quite harshly so it took a few tries! In the last race there was one right on my tail the whole way keeping the pressure on.

Then into the Trans-Am for the 5 Pro races with tire wear and pit stops, with mixed results so far. Managed to completely miss my pit box first time in :dunce: And in another race (the third?) the cheeky blighters didn't seem to pit, so had to bully my way past a few on my much fresher tires just to not be last! Seems easier to win these races since the AI go so long before pitting - easy advantage to pit a couple of laps before them (unlikely to work out well in the next batch of longer races though).

In time trials I seem to be about 3 seconds off the top, oh well :dopey:
The difficult spike in the career mode needs addressing, but it is early access, so I guess that's the point.

I'm mainly setting up races on the free-play side of things, but it's very addictive (and cute - stupidly, stupidly cute).

The difficult spike in the career mode needs addressing, but it is early access, so I guess that's the point.

I'm mainly setting up races on the free-play side of things, but it's very addictive (and cute - stupidly, stupidly cute).

Agreed completely I love doing the time trails aswell as the freeplay since it's enjoyable and tbf it is like really difficult to get the WRs not gonna lie

Overall it's really well polished for an early access, and TBH I hope they don't make it simply easier - I've no problem matching or beating (depending on state of my tyres!) the AI's lap times thus far, and being amongst traffic in the trans-am isn't as much of a problem as the 60s GP. So it's more things like the AI being a bit slow to react and re-plan when you occupy a bit of road they intended to drive on, and some subtle tweaks could make the world of difference to that.

I got all the points from the Pro arcade season by getting poles and leading most of the race again. Certainly wasn't as boring as that sounds with pressure from the AI especially towards the end of each race - lost the lead a couple of times by making mistakes on dead tyres :D

mef
Brought back good memories as teenager playing Super cars I and II on the Amiga in the late 80s.

This looks excellent. I hope there are interviews between races! That was such a cool goofy thing in super cars!

What like 'Cats against the bomb' !!

Could get such touring cars if the pc version has decent mod support. And I hope it does, I've already bought it and had some fun but there'd be many more hours if user created tracks and cars could be added. I don't know if they've mentioned any intentions for mods.

Last edited:
Have to say this is fantastic, just bought a used pc from amazon, £126 been using a mini zotac pc for about 10 years or more, not power full enough, wow the new one works, so got back into my steam account and got this, cant run it at max settings , but still looks fantastic and smooth....be getting this on console as well...handles fantastic, so much fun..plugged my xbox one controller in, and works..brilliant...

circuit2.jpg

Are there any races where the grid isn't made up entirely of the same car?

Yes can have mixed it`s great...
Untitled.png

ps here i was before checking out the physics and handling etc, zoomed in of course, i think it`s brilliant..

Last edited:
Back