Cities: Skylines (the Sim City we deserve)

• Thread starter Akira AC
  • 1,530 comments
I know the regulars on this thread are predominantly PC users, but have any of the (next-gen) console owners test driven C:S Remastered yet?

I know the regulars on this thread are predominantly PC users, but have any of the (next-gen) console owners test driven C:S Remastered yet?
I have it downloaded but not started yet.

One thing to point out is that the Achievements are entirely separate to the original game, so I’ll probably be spending 200 hours in it again 😅

I wonder if existing cities, built in the PS4-era game, can be used in the Remastered version? I’ve not read any reviews that mention it. As not all the DLC has been ported yet, I guess they won’t be?

I wonder if existing cities, built in the PS4-era game, can be used in the Remastered version? I’ve not read any reviews that mention it. As not all the DLC has been ported yet, I guess they won’t be?
From what I've read, you can't transfer anything across - developers said there were too many changes in the remastered version which made it nigh on impossible to make them compatible.

No save transfers as both versions of the game are built on different architecture. On top of that not all of the original's DLC has been released for Remastered yet.

Just learned that anyone who got the base game 'free' as in when it was offered as one of the free monthly games through Playstation Plus, can't free upgrade to Remastered :rolleyes:

Just learned that anyone who got the base game 'free' as in when it was offered as one of the free monthly games through Playstation Plus, can't free upgrade to Remastered :rolleyes:
I imagine this will be fixed, it's likely just an issue with the way they have the entitlements for the games set up. Unless they did it intentionally, in which case....egh. Not good.

Last edited:
I imagine this will be fixed, it's likely just an issue with the way they have the entitlements for the games set up. Unless they did it intentionally, in which case....egh. Not good.
I'd like to think it is just a temporary error, but i have a feeling it was intentional, which is a shame.

Thankfully C:S is one of those games that regularly gets discounted on the store, so once it comes down in price again... (Its currently £39! £32.99 - for an 8 year old game!)

edit
- There's a website that tracks PSStore game prices over the years and it shows that for the past 3 years or so the main game has dropped, consistantly, to either £7 or £9 every other month for a short period of time. So shouldn't be long before it drops in price again. Thankfully with the PS5 version of the store, you can set alerts to when a game you favourite is offered in a deal.

Last edited:
Can you just buy the remastered version or would you have to buy the old version and then upgrade for free?

Can you just buy the remastered version or would you have to buy the old version and then upgrade for free?
As far as i can see/remember, the base PS4 version is the same price as the remastered version - £32.99.

Looking at the PlayStation Store through my computer, it's not showing the base game at all. Premium Edition, Ultimate Edition etc, but can't see the original base version. PS Store is a bit clunky when it comes to displaying C:S content. There are that many DLC packs now.

This is kind of an exprimental city of mine I'm doing. This is Al Seti, an Arabic themed city located in fantasy land. It actually uses the Agadir Morocco map, which can be found on the workshop, but I don't consider it to be located in Morocco.

I am using a decent collection of mods and assets to make this a reality. The biggest challenge is using "move it" to move buildings to line up correctly as for some reason the grid tends to put large gaps between them...

This is a scenic photo capturing the iconic skyscrapers in the city. Sort of inspired by Dubai here:
Cities 2023-02-26 18-10-26-81.jpg

And this is just a generic shot showing the monorail and a busy street. The monorail has down for repairs for quite awhile now much to the dismay of the cims:
Cities 2023-02-26 18-11-02-85.jpg

Last edited:

Happening: It’s
Please let this be CS 2, please let it be on playstation and please let it release on playstation at the same time as PC.

Not asking for much am I 😅

So, as a blend of minor personal projects I'm working on (generating XML based on user parameters, to make decals for GT7, and assets for Cities:Skylines), I thought I'd share this...

untitled1111.png

It might seem like nothing, but the geometry for these basic house shapes was generated by me entering a few parameters into a Google sheet. The two structures to the left are the current "finished" out put, with the two on the right being; me understanding how to make Normals face out, and deciding to separate the roof to a different set of variables.

Allied to this...

bricks.png
bricks2.png

... two brick patterns, again generated by entering a few simple parameters into a google sheet, and including randomisation such that any time I generate one it's different... still only on about v1.1

I'm basically working on ways to shorten the amount of time it takes to generate lots of low density residential assets without going over the same ground manually hundreds of times.... even though it'll likely take me longer to figure this out than it would to just draw them...

Cool :) I’m looking forward to seeing how this procedural project pans out!

There’s an add on for Blender called buildify, by the way. I haven’t tried it myself, but it looks extremely powerful.

There’s an add on for Blender called buildify, by the way. I haven’t tried it myself, but it looks extremely powerful.
Blender itself is an immense tool, and I know that the built in scripting tools alone could do ten times what I'm achieving, but the bottom line for me is that I'd rather learn simpler, wider building blocks for this kind of stuff, and cobble it together, than get super niche with something I'll have forgotten within a day if I'm not using it every day (which I'm never going to do), which already happens with blender even on the super basic stuff I've done with it in the past.

While I hope to move the Spreadsheet portion of the process to PHP/SQL for a web interface, it's still going to be a ludicrously convoluted way of doing things compared to what anyone competent in Python could probably smash out in a day or so.

The good news: Cities: Skylines - Remastered has a completely separate stack of Achievements/Trophies, so anyone looking to double up can do so.

The bad news: They seem unchanged from the original, so have fun idling for hundreds of hours to get a Chirpnado again :scared:

A little spaghetti interchange, part of a new ring road. The interchange is built on a hillside and the spaghetti was necessary to make the climb without getting too steep slopes. Also, I discovered that the Play It mod has decided to override the settings in the Ultimate Eyecandy mod, which is why the snow is now excessively white. I'll see if there's a way to fix that.

Skärmbild (95).png

I had some odd bits of land around the new spaghetti interchange and decided to build some apartments there. By accident I rotated one of the buildings and liked the result, so I ended up placing all of them at different angles.
Skärmbild (97).png

One of my favourite builds is the bridge across the river to the cargo harbour. I added a pedestrian path parallel to main bridge and had it curve around and go underneath. It's made walking a popular choice for the cims working in the harbour, although I imagine it can get pretty windy and cold on the top of the bridge.
Skärmbild (105).png
Skärmbild (106).png
A new residential area is being built close to the harbour and the industry. It's close to the highway so it might be a little noisy, but the view is quite spectacular with the sunrise over the harbour.
Skärmbild (109).png

The latest addition to the harbour area is a new petroleum refinery. Curiously, at this plant they're generating their own green energy from a solar updraft tower built next to the refinery. Are they researching new energy innovations in anticipation of a future where oil has become obsolete or is it just an attempt to greenwash the company?
Skärmbild (110).png

The social media channels of Cities Skylines are teasing a new DLC. No details, but it looks like it could be the Africa in miniature DLC that was announced a couple of months ago, because one of the buildings shown in the teasers is a Sudanese mosque.

Back