Classic Gran Turismo Livery Replicas (Read OP before posting!)

• Thread starter syntex123
  • 1,061 comments
I have undertaken a overwhelming project I'm afraid, I am a bit worried that I won't have enough layers to complete it though. So far 127 on body and 48 on the bonnet. Going for the well known Alfa 155 look! (Sorry for the quality, mobile photos so far!)

Everything except the Michelin man is made manually. My entire evening has blown away! Looking forward to the end results though!

View attachment 683424 View attachment 683425
You sir, inspire me. I never thought anyone could max out on layers. Those hand made decals are amazing!! Look forward to the end result!

I have undertaken a overwhelming project I'm afraid, I am a bit worried that I won't have enough layers to complete it though. So far 127 on body and 48 on the bonnet. Going for the well known Alfa 155 look! (Sorry for the quality, mobile photos so far!)

Everything except the Michelin man is made manually. My entire evening has blown away! Looking forward to the end results though!

View attachment 683424 View attachment 683425

Wow. Just Wow. Gorgeous. I cannot wait to see it and hopefully download it.

Same here. At first I wanted to do one side of the car, finish it, then duplicate on the other side. With that cursor always on top, it takes forever.
And in the colour palette, the "favourites" should 1) stay on top, and 2) be saved in the project. I have to do a back up note with the colours codes to be sure the colours are the same the next time I work on my livery.

Anyway, here is my Castrol Mugen NSX. One of the hardest part, apart from the Castrol texting, was to match the subtle "black to green" stripes on the sides.
And I'm sorry for Mugen, but Famistu is the only kanji in the game yet ! Same for other small stickers, I'd rather use a close existing brand than create a tiny logo from scratch.

Just realize by posting it that I missed the 3-couloured flag on the side. Will update the livery as soon as possible.

View attachment 682894 View attachment 682895 View attachment 682896
Yay another heritage NSX design.
Represent.
emjewlX.jpg

You sir, inspire me. I never thought anyone could max out on layers. Those hand made decals are amazing!! Look forward to the end result!

Wow. Just Wow. Gorgeous. I cannot wait to see it and hopefully download it.

Thank you, means a lot! I have made some progress on the hood today, but I have to figure out a solution to the lack of layers issue! I will, roughly estimated need at least 20 more perhaps. I was going to redo the number 8 as well to get it correct, but I can't see how it could be done now really.

But I'm not giving in, I will find a solution :)

Now that's good!

You guys are so *****ng good at making liveries!! Wish I had the skills to achieve these results!

how the heck you guys created those amazing liveries? :bowdown:

I can't speak for everyone and I'm not a pro in any way, but I just got started really. Have made four liveries or so, but then again: I have spent most of my gametime on it (I don't keep track of it, but it's become a good few hours now :scared:). But hey, I'm getting value for the money I spent at least!

Last edited by a moderator:
EDIT 2: Livery is now uploaded, tags: janval22, gtsporteu, alfa155

EDIT: I have now changed the font on the rear wing, took a good couple of hours and 62 layers to finish, thanks for the challenge @Cytoria, hope you're finally happy now. Don't you come complaining about any symmetry now!! :D New photo on the bottom of the post.

So, finally I have completed it, as much as I possibly can do right now at least with the available decals. I had a few bumps on the road, well one bump really, because of the layers cap which forced me to make a few things a bit simpler than I wanted to originally (Most noticeable are the serpents, the numbers, the Selenia logo and the missing text obove the rear fender) . Could do with a few more basic shapes and fonts! In total it added up to 539 layers, still a few to go on but most of those are on dedicated areas of the car that I haven't had any use for. And yes, I know there are Pirelli tyres on it :lol: Perhaps a bit of tweaking when we get some additions to the livery workshop!! Anyways, here it goes:

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20171025195143.jpg

20171025195244.jpg

20171025195301.jpg

20171025195232.jpg

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20171026205750.jpg

Last edited:
So, finally I have completed it, as much as I possibly can do right now at least with the available decals. I had a few bumps on the road, well one bump really, because of the layers cap which forced me to make a few things a bit simpler than I wanted to originally (Most noticeable are the serpents, the numbers, the Selenia logo and the missing text obove the rear fender) . Could do with a few more basic shapes and fonts! In total it added up to 539 layers, still a few to go on but most of those are on dedicated areas of the car that I haven't had any use for. And yes, I know there are Pirelli tyres on it :lol: Perhaps a bit of tweaking when we get some additions to the livery workshop!! Anyways, here it goes:

View attachment 683708
View attachment 683711
View attachment 683715
View attachment 683716

This is gorgeous! 539 layers is absurd! Im suprised the editor didnt crash on you haha! I love your hand made decals, now what would be even more awesome is for this to be able to convert to custom decals for future!

This is gorgeous! 539 layers is absurd! Im suprised the editor didnt crash on you haha! I love your hand made decals, now what would be even more awesome is for this to be able to convert to custom decals for future!

Thanks :) I know, it's far above anything else I've made so far but I have been dedicated to it! I'm just hoping for some new tools and decals will be added sometime, then I can satisfy my need of getting the rest of the small details right as well. I'm very happy it didn't crash, I have worked in several sessions though and the last few hours I was saving it quite often to be honest! Almost Everything except four decals (If I remember correctly) are hand made, it really bumps up the layers count. I just wish the front bumper had it's own dedicated number of layers, I got up to about 130 just on that one :scared:

I totally agree, a grouping tool or an ingame tool to save drafts as decals would be awesome!

Thanks :) I know, it's far above anything else I've made so far but I have been dedicated to it! I'm just hoping for some new tools and decals will be added sometime, then I can satisfy my need of getting the rest of the small details right as well. I'm very happy it didn't crash, I have worked in several sessions though and the last few hours I was saving it quite often to be honest! Almost Everything except four decals (If I remember correctly) are hand made, it really bumps up the layers count. I just wish the front bumper had it's own dedicated number of layers, I got up to about 130 just on that one :scared:

I totally agree, a grouping tool or an ingame tool to save drafts as decals would be awesome!

I really apprecetiate everyones effort on this thread. Its inspiring. Just remember your livey will only stay up in the search for 24hrs before it gets taken off, so you would need to re 'share' to public even though it stays on your activity. This is really upsetting as now my activity wall is like a spam of my own livery:banghead:

I feel so many areas of the cars are really tricky to place shapes as it skews and becomes bonkers:confused: bonnet, roof top, rear fenders. Also theres alot of curves that we are limited on. Have you shared your livery yet? I just did a search and couldnt find it

I really apprecetiate everyones effort on this thread. Its inspiring. Just remember your livey will only stay up in the search for 24hrs before it gets taken off, so you would need to re 'share' to public even though it stays on your activity. This is really upsetting as now my activity wall is like a spam of my own livery:banghead:

I feel so many areas of the cars are really tricky to place shapes as it skews and becomes bonkers:confused: bonnet, roof top, rear fenders. Also theres alot of curves that we are limited on. Have you shared your livery yet? I just did a search and couldnt find it

It's a very good thread 👍 I agree, I spend quite some time just looking in different angles making sure it doesn't look wrong. On some decals I even have to place two, because the first layer doesn't cover the entire curve for example. I have played around a bit and found a couple of neat tricks we can use in different situations though. I tried to upload it when I finished, but I got an error and I had to log off. These errors happens a lot for me, but I will upload it when I get back online and update my post with tags!

I really get a kick out of GT1 and 2 Era liveries, so whilst I don't have the game, it's giving me renewed inspiration for Forza.

View attachment 683708
View attachment 683711
View attachment 683715
View attachment 683716

Absolutely amazing. What did you tag this under? I must use it :drool:

These liveries are absolutely stunning!

Unfortunately, I don't have the time, patience nor skill to create these replicas, but I thought I would showcase a few of my favourites from the good ol days of GT3 and GT4, and maybe someone here might be able to make some of them :D

168vtec.jpg

i tried to create the mercedes livery, i liked the result.
if you guys want to download , search #clktouring #amgd2
:lol:

gt4.jpg
Gran Turismo®SPORT_20171025193803.jpg
Gran Turismo®SPORT_20171025193932.jpg
20171025194208.jpg

^Amazing!

Out of curiousity, are you able to show what it would've looked like with a chrome/metallic base instead of matte, also I believe the logo on the hood is a bit off. Still though, looks great!

I will edit the original post with tags tomorrow evening! I only got errors trying to upload earlier tonight!

Great to hear, can't wait :bowdown:

^Amazing!

Out of curiousity, are you able to show what it would've looked like with a chrome/metallic base instead of matte, also I believe the logo on the hood is a bit off. Still though, looks great!

Great to hear, can't wait :bowdown:

the hood has an opening in the center, the angle of the photo did not help:lol::lol::lol:

I use solid colours, chrome is a good idea, maybe i'll try

Unfortunately, I don't have the time, patience nor skill to create these replicas, but I thought I would showcase a few of my favourites from the good ol days of GT3 and GT4, and maybe someone here might be able to make some of them :D

168vtec.jpg
Opel isn't in GTS, but we could find a replacement.

In addition to my NSX, I've made a WOODONE TOM's FT-1 GT3. This thing got me in second place in the Nurburgring GP event but because of a post racepenalty, I ended up getting FIRST PLACE. My first win too c:
gt4_toyota_woodone_tom_s_supra__jgtc___03_by_lubeify200-d5t98ny.jpg

yPnNrRv.jpg

WGPP1L1.jpg

urnvsTU.jpg

(That R8 and I fought for first place for about 3 laps. Fantastic driver!)
dguyYFa.jpg

Enjoy!

168vtec.jpg

So... @MU5T4NG has already done the Calsonic and Loctite Skyline here :
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/tetsus-custom-livery-thread.361586/

@D1deriw did the D2 CLK just above.

I'm currently working on the Raybrig NSX.
Raybrig teaser.jpg

I'm wondering what's the best choice for the Astra Touring Car. Mazda Atenza ? Subaru WRX ?

View attachment 683817 View attachment 683818 Almost finished with these two.

The Castrol Mugen NSX & the Loctite NSX.

Need the uploader to get the Mugen logos in there...

I may add/follow your PSN ID. I'm trying to do, or at least download all old NSX liveries.
Did you share those models yet ? Your job is great !

Back