This week's theme in detail, brought to you by last week's winner, Safoo:
"The drivers can be a pain to photograph as they seem pretty fidgety out of the car, but give it a go paired up with his favorite steed.
Close-up, B&W, colour, Bokeh, reflection... whatever tickles your fancy...”
LOCATIONS: None, technically
PHOTOTRAVEL: Yes, exclusively
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: As above
Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, start a convo with me.
This Thread will answer many possible questions you may have.
- It is recommended you host your image on ImageShack, Photobucket, or Flickr.
- Not sure how to post a thumbnail or preview image? Read this sticky!
- Please use a clickable-preview to full-size, not a separate text link for it;
it makes poll creation much easier!
- One entry per user. It must be your own work, and never previously used in a comp.
- Do not ask other users to choose your entry.
- Absolutely no hybrid, hacked cars, or cars obtained through such means.
- Mark your FINAL ENTRY clearly, with red text. On H2H weeks, which side, as well.
Unsure how to? Copy and paste the following: [COLOR="Red"]FINAL ENTRY[/COLOR]
- You may change your entry once. Do it clearly; edit out your previous entry, and
either post the new one in a new reply, or in place of the original.
- When submitting, use either a thumbnail or a preview image, linked to the full-sizer.
- Preview images can not exceed 500 pixels in either direction.
- A preview image must be representative of the full-size image. Do not add effects to it.
- Do not post "Honourable Mentions" or outtakes - just your Final Entry, that's all.
- Winner gets to choose the following week's theme, as well as the Top 20. Every fourth
week, the poll will be H2H style: entries must choose a "team", leading to two 10-picture,
4-day polls. The winners from each faces off in a final 48 hour poll.
- Winners cannot enter in their own theme!
- The Host may ask for the original image and it must be submitted if so.
It's recommended to save the original image (preferably in-game) until week's ends.
What you may not do to a photo:
- Alter the geometry of the car. No stickers, or body modifications not available in game.
- Add shapes or objects from outside of GT5, signatures excepted.
- Tying into the above: signatures only, no image titles or other typographic elements.
- Add lens flares or "artistic" filters to image.
- Remove items from shot (scenery, other cars).
- Use more than 1 image (HDR, photo-stitching, multi-exposure).
- "Creative cropping". The main "image" must be four-sided, with 90-degree, upright corners.
- Selective car colour changing: masking different parts to create racing stripes or similar.
What you may do to a photo:
- Crop and/or resize an image.
- Adjust the level or curve values.
- Alter the colour tone of the image (gradient maps, photo filters, colour balance, etc).
- Car body colour change (all stickers/design features must remain, see "Remove Items" rule).
- Adjust brightness, contrast, exposure, shadow/highlights.
- Enhance shadows or highlights (dodge and burn tools in Photoshop, for example).
- Add noise and/or diffuse glow.
- Add a post-game tilt-shift blur, or apply a motion blur to a stationary Photomode shot.
- Make use of Layer Blend Modes.
- Use a Sharpening filter and/or tool.
- Remove or modify license plates - it must be hand-drawn, no importing real ones.
- Remove the GT watermark.
- Add a personal signature.
- Clean up or fix jaggies, texture pixelation, or colour separation.
- Add a vignette effect.