Further explanation of the theme, provided by winner Lee:
"In GT5 I love leaving the car in the garage from time to time and wandering around tracks trying to take great pictures of the scenery, real photography in a sense as in the real world I don't have access to raging supercars of million pound hyper cars so i like to use GT5 in the same way from time to time...no cars, just my feet and my camera.
So, sometimes i take a great picture of a building or a bridge or a mountain and i just wish there WAS a car there posing in the picture. That mix of stunning location and a stunning car.
That, is your task this week. Find an absolute glorious location and take a photo of whatever car you like sitting in a the ideal scene...the perfect mix of location photography and stunning car to create an astounding picture.
Some examples fitting to this theme:
HERE - HERE - HERE - HERE - HERE - HERE
The cars can be moving or stationary. It's up to you to take the perfect picture of the perfect combination...the more glorious the better.
Architecture and aggression...Mountains and machinery...Trees and torque"
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: All elements must be perfect, awesome location, awesome car, awesome photo, awesome feeling and so on.
Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow
the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, send me a Private Message.
This Thread will answer many possible questions you may have.
- It is recommended you host your image on ImageShack, Photobucket, or Flickr.
- Not sure how to post a thumbnail or preview image? Read this sticky!
- Please use a clickable-preview to full-size, not a separate text link for it;
it makes poll creation much easier!
- One entry per user. It must be your own work, and never previously used in a comp.
- Do not ask other users to choose your entry.
- Absolutely no hybrid, hacked cars, or cars obtained through such means.
- Mark your FINAL ENTRY clearly, with red text. On H2H weeks, which side, as well.
- You may change your entry once. Do it clearly; edit out your previous entry, and
either post the new one in a new reply, or in place of the original.
- When submitting, use either a thumbnail or a preview image, linked to the full-sizer.
- Preview images can not exceed 500 pixels in either direction.
- A preview image must be representative of the full-size image. Do not add effects to it.
- Do not post "Honourable Mentions" or outtakes - just your Final Entry, that's all.
- Winner gets to choose the following week's theme, as well as the Top 15. Every fourth
week, the poll will be H2H style: entries must choose a "team", leading to two 8-picture,
4-day polls. The winners from each faces off in a final 48 hour poll.
- Winners cannot enter in their own theme!
- The Host may ask for the original image and it must be submitted if so.
It's recommended to save the original image (preferably in-game) until week's ends.
What you may not do to a photo:
- Alter the geometry of the car. No stickers, or body modifications not available in game.
- Add shapes or objects from outside of GT5, signatures excepted.
- Add lens flares or "artistic" filters to image.
- Remove items from shot (scenery, other cars).
- Use more than 1 image (HDR, photo-stitching, multi-exposure).
- "Creative cropping". The main "image" must be four-sided, with 90-degree, upright corners.
- Selective car colour changing: masking different parts to create racing stripes or similar.
What you may do to a photo:
- Crop and/or resize an image.
- Adjust the level or curve values.
- Alter the colour tone of the image (gradient maps, photo filters, colour balance, etc).
- Car body colour change (all stickers/design features must remain, see "Remove Items" rule).
- Adjust brightness, contrast, exposure, shadow/highlights.
- Enhance shadows or highlights (dodge and burn tools in Photoshop, for example).
- Add noise and/or diffuse glow.
- Add a post-game tilt-shift blur, or apply a motion blur to a stationary Photomode shot.
- Make use of Layer Blend Modes.
- Use a Sharpening filter and/or tool.
- Scale or enlarge rims.
- Remove or modify license plates.
- Remove the GT watermark.
- Add a personal signature.
- Clean up or fix jaggies, texture pixelation, or colour separation.
- Add a vignette effect.