- Kaikoura, NZ
This weeks theme as brought to you by our winner ceiling_fan:
"This week I'm going to have you guys focus on some scenery. But wait! You have to have a car in the image, and the car can not be the focal point! So polish up those road signs, rumble strips, lamp posts or whatever else may be around and be sure to keep the car out of focus!"
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: As above.
View attachment 348478
Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow
the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, ask me via a Conversation.
This Thread will answer many possible questions you may have.
- It is recommended you host your image on ImageShack, Photobucket, or Flickr
- Not sure how to post a thumbnail or preview image? Read this sticky!
- Flickr users please set your entries image to private.
- Entries for the competition this week must be sent to the Judge ceiling_fan via a
Conversation and not posted in this thread, any pics posted in this thread will not be considered for the poll.
- You can use the big 'Submit Entry' button below to submit your entry.
- Your PM may consist of the image in either thumbnail/preview with a link to the full size, just the full size image or just a link to the full size.
- Your first entry will be your last, you will not be allowed to change your entry so be happy with it.
- One entry per user. It must be your own work, and never previously used in a competition.
- Do not use a photo that you have already posted elsewhere in the forums or post your photo shoot in your Gallery until after the competition (and poll if you made it) has closed.
- Absolutely no hybrid, hacked cars, or cars obtained through such means.
- A preview image must be representative of the full-size image. Do not add effects to it.
- Winner gets to choose the following week's theme, as well as the Top 15.
- Winners cannot enter in their own theme!
- The Host may ask for the original image and it must be submitted if so.
It's recommended to save the original image (preferably in-game) until week's ends.
What you may not do to a photo:
- Alter the geometry of the car. No stickers, or body modifications not available in game.
- Add shapes or objects from outside of GT6.
- Add a signature, image titles or other typographic elements.
- Add lens flares or "artistic" filters to image.
- Remove items from shot (scenery, other cars).
- Use more than 1 image (HDR, photo-stitching, multi-exposure).
- "Creative cropping". The main "image" must be four-sided, with 90-degree, upright corners.
- Selective car colour changing: masking different parts to create racing stripes or similar.
- Crop and/or resize an image.
- Adjust the level or curve values.
- Alter the colour tone of the image (gradient maps, photo filters, colour balance, etc).
- Car body colour change (all stickers/design features must remain, see "Remove Items" rule).
- Adjust brightness, contrast, exposure, shadow/highlights.
- Enhance shadows or highlights (dodge and burn tools in Photoshop, for example).
- Add noise and/or diffuse glow.
- Add a post-game tilt-shift blur, or apply a motion blur to a stationary Photomode shot.
- Make use of Layer Blend Modes.
- Use a Sharpening filter and/or tool.
- Remove or modify license plates - it must be hand-drawn, no importing real ones.
- Remove the GT watermark.
- Clean up or fix jaggies, texture pixelation, or colour separation.
- Add a vignette effect.