SlipZtrEm

can't kick this feeling
Staff Emeritus
Canada
Toronto
NewAesthetic
SlipZtrEm
IMG_9382.jpg

GTS PMC 14 Winner: @ZEROX - (click for full-size)

This Week's Theme
The latest theme is a celebration of sorts. I'll let @ZEROX explain:

"As to dedicated my win number 3 (thanks for those who voted for me :cheers:), I decided to use this number as this week's theme. Simple, just grab 3 cars and make the best photo out of it. Statically."

CARS: Any
LIVERIES: Any
LOCATIONS: Any
SCAPES: Yes
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: The cars must be static

Competition Rules

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, start a convo with me.
  • The only way you can take part is to be a member of the GTPlanet forums. If you haven't created your account yet, click here.
  • It is recommended you host your image either here on GTPlanet (via the Media section), or on Flickr.
  • Not sure how to submit your image? Here's a guide for both methods mentioned above.
  • Preview images can not exceed 640 pixels in either direction.
  • A preview image must be representative of the full-size image. Do not add effects to it.
  • Please use a clickable-preview to full-size, not a separate text link for it;
    it makes poll creation much easier!
  • Mark your FINAL ENTRY clearly, with red text.
    Unsure how to? Copy and paste the following:
    Code:
    [COLOR=red][B]FINAL ENTRY[/B][/COLOR]
  • No post-game editing, besides proportional resizing and rotating, is allowed.
  • One entry per user. It must be your own work, and never previously used in a comp.
  • Do not ask other users to choose your entry.
  • Absolutely no entries which utilize edited/hacked file saves.
  • You may change your entry once. Do it clearly; edit out your previous entry, and
    either post the new one in a new reply, or in place of the original.
  • Do not post "Honourable Mentions" or outtakes - just your Final Entry, that's all.
  • Winner gets to choose the following week's theme.
  • Winners cannot enter in their own theme!
  • The Host may ask for the original image and it must be submitted if so.
    It's recommended to save the original image (preferably in-game) until week's ends.
Deadline

May 17, 2018

Last edited:
How are we going to have 3 static cars in the picture if scapes is not allowed? You will need help online with friends or use standing starts only?

Sooo, how do I get 3 cars to be static outside of Scapes? Am I limited to grid pics or am I missing something?

EDIT: Hivemind @Lellep :D

I don't have any online friends to help with this. Does this mean I'm limited to taking pictures of the grid?

"As to dedicated my win number 3 (thanks for those who voted for me :cheers:), I decided to use this number as this week's theme. Simple, just grab 3 cars and make the best photo out of it. Statically."

I thought this said statistically and I was very confused.

Yeah, here is my entry for this week. By the way, the standard deviation of these pictures is...

Last edited:
If a shutter speed of 500 and above is used from replays of races, then technicaly wouldn’t that be classed as a static shot. Sure the cars would be moving if a shutter speed of 60 was used. But once one of the highest shutter speeds is used, it means the cars are static.

Since this week's theme is very open, I thought it might be fun to do a little roleplaying and add a story to my picture instead of just taking a random picture of my Vipers like I was going to do.

The United States Geological Survey is committed to keeping the public up to date with the volcanic eruptions in Hawaii. Please be careful on the roads and be advised that several have been closed while geologists study the area. The USGS recently closed this road which runs through the Hawaii Volcanoes National Park. The United States Geological Survey - science for a changing world.

Good luck everyone!

FINAL ENTRY

Last edited:
Dammit guys, already!? :bowdown:

Btw, does it need to be 3 cars from my garage? Or do cars that stand around (like in a garage scape) count too? :)

:lol: You should have seen me rushing to get this one submitted in case someone else had the same idea!
If someone has the same idea. I feel the most important thing is who has used it the best.

Btw, does it need to be 3 cars from my garage? Or do cars that stand around (like in a garage scape) count too? :)

3 cars from garage. The cars that already inside the Scapes doesn't count so y'all don't have to worry about that. You can use those Scapes.

You can do closed up shot if you want as long as there're three cars from your GT Garage can be seen.

FINAL ENTRY

I was originally going to plan something else later in the week, but while taking a photo of a new car livery I had created, I accidentally made this silhouette-styled effect completely unintentionally, but i loved the look of it so much that I incorporated the theme of this week's competition into it by adding in two of my most used Gr4 cars in the background alongside. Admittedly this one is more style over substance, but i'm just happy with how it came out!​

FINAL ENTRY

Actually, I have doubts about this picture. It's a little bit tricky... All cars in the picture are static, but one of them was moving along the road.
In general, if we look at the picture, at first glance everything is OK, we see that the cars are static, but also we see a light trail, which hints at the fact that everything is not so simple... and that's why i'm not so sure about this entry.
@ZEROX Please can you clear it, because I have another version of picture :cheers:

FINAL ENTRY

"Travel for the Good Cause"

I am a member of the ICPCN and with their kind support and allowance, I am using a livery with their logo as main theme on my race cars. I thought this would be a great opportunity to show them awaiting orders to race for the good cause all around the (virtual) world :)

FINAL ENTRY

Actually, I have doubts about this picture. It's a little bit tricky... All cars in the picture are static, but one of them was moving along the road.
In general, if we look at the picture, at first glance everything is OK, we see that the cars are static, but also we see a light trail, which hints at the fact that everything is not so simple... and that's why i'm not so sure about this entry.
@ZEROX Please can you clear it, because I have another version of picture :cheers:
This is one of the reason I would like to avoid because I know Scapes sometimes can get glitchy and gives you light trail even when the cars are in static position but since you're following the rule (the car being static). There is nothing wrong with it.

You can carry on with your entry. :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back