Nato_777

Moderately Super
Premium
New Zealand
Kaikoura, NZ
Nato777
pmcw145_header.png

This week's theme in detail, brought to you by last week's winner, Simone:

”Until now none cars from the Japanese touring car championship has been shown in GT Sport videos. So choose a car from the JGTC championship, any car, and take a picture of it, preferably, but not necessarily, fighting with other cars of the same class."

CARS: Any JGTC car
LOCATIONS: Any Japanese Race Track
PHOTOTRAVEL: No
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: As Above

pmc_rules-png.587424

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, start a convo with me.
This Thread will answer many possible questions you may have.

• It is recommended you host your image on ImageShack, Photobucket, or Flickr.
  • Not sure how to post a thumbnail or preview image? Read this sticky!
  • Please use a clickable-preview to full-size, not a separate text link for it;
    it makes poll creation much easier!
  • No post-GT6 editing, besides proportional resizing and rotating, is allowed.
  • One entry per user. It must be your own work, and never previously used in a comp.
  • Do not ask other users to choose your entry.
  • Absolutely no hybrid, hacked cars, or cars obtained through such means.
  • Mark your FINAL ENTRY clearly, with red text. On H2H weeks, which side, as well.
    Unsure how to? Copy and paste the following:
    [COLOR="Red"]FINAL ENTRY[/COLOR]
  • You may change your entry once. Do it clearly; edit out your previous entry, and
    either post the new one in a new reply, or in place of the original.
  • When submitting, use either a thumbnail or a preview image, linked to the full-sizer.
  • Preview images can not exceed 500 pixels in either direction.
  • A preview image must be representative of the full-size image. Do not add effects to it.
  • Do not post "Honourable Mentions" or outtakes - just your Final Entry, that's all.
  • Winner gets to choose the following week's theme, as well as the Top 30. Every fourth
    week, the poll will be H2H style: entries must choose a "team", leading to two 15-picture,
    4-day polls. The winners from each faces off in a final 48 hour poll.
  • Winners cannot enter in their own theme!
  • The Host may ask for the original image and it must be submitted if so.
    It's recommended to save the original image (preferably in-game) until week's ends.
Failure to follow these rules will result in ignored entries and/or disqualification!

pmc_deadline-png.587422

[20.00 GMT]

Hey guys, apologies for being slow to get to closing & starting comps and polls this week - had a 7.8 magnitude earthquake mess up my week (literally). All is well - just have been without power, phone, Internet, water or sewage systems for the past few days. I have power now (at my in-laws house) and the occasional bit of internet. Still no water or sewage systems operational yet.
No power at my house where my computer is and the damage to rural power infrastructure is severe so it may be weeks before I can properly host the comps again. I'll sort the comps as soon as I'm able. :)

t just have been without power, phone, Internet, water or sewage systems for the past few days. I have power now (at my in-laws house) and the occasional bit of internet. Still no water or sewage systems operational yet.
No power at my house where my computer is and the damage to rural power infrastructure is severe so it may be weeks before I can properly host the comps again. I'll sort the comps as soon as I'm able. :)[/QUOTE]

Great to know you being alive and well, Nathan!
That's all about…

Thanks Ralph, all fit and well - just the odd bruise from being thrown around and a few small cuts from broken glass. Quite used to earthquakes here in NZ but that one was just so violent on a scale I had not experienced before. We all got off very lightly I think considering the devastation caused to the landscape!
Once our internet is more stable I'll go in to work and hopefully will be able to sort out the comps on a computer there. Not sure what will happen with my job, work is very dependent on tourists here in Kaikoura and there won't be any here for a long time now. It's likely to be months before road access is restored so anyone can even get here.
I might have to try and get on a building team, there'll be plenty of building work to do here in the meantime.

I'll keep these comps open until I am able to use a computer so if anyone wants to get in a late entry there's still the opportunity. ;)

Thanks Ralph, all fit and well - just the odd bruise from being thrown around and a few small cuts from broken glass. Quite used to earthquakes here in NZ but that one was just so violent on a scale I had not experienced before. We all got off very lightly I think considering the devastation caused to the landscape!
Once our internet is more stable I'll go in to work and hopefully will be able to sort out the comps on a computer there. Not sure what will happen with my job, work is very dependent on tourists here in Kaikoura and there won't be any here for a long time now. It's likely to be months before road access is restored so anyone can even get here.
I might have to try and get on a building team, there'll be plenty of building work to do here in the meantime.

I'll keep these comps open until I am able to use a computer so if anyone wants to get in a late entry there's still the opportunity. ;)

Just saw your name pop up in recent posts, and after @Raphaele messaged me yesterday, I was beginning to worry.

Glad to know you're okay Nathan. :)

Thanks Kyle. After the earthquake there were no communications available - power, phones, mobile networks, internet and all roads were cut off so we were all unable to let anyone know we were OK. We just got power and mobile coverage back yesterday, landlines and internet are now back but intermittent still. Can be quite frustrating not being able to communicate with the outside world. ;)

Seeing on the Internet the images of devastation that has occurred in Kaikoura area, I was really concerned about your safety (and that of your family and friends), now I'm very glad to know that you are all well. 👍 👍 👍
You will certainly have a lot of work to do to fix your homes and the city, so do not worry about the comps, we can take a break, we will resume later. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back