CLOSED: The Photomode Tournament: Season 03 - Qualifying

Portugal
Lisboa

qfrheader.jpg

"Season 01 was introduced with a battle theme, preparing for the battle enviornment of the tournament, while season 02 was all about each style and each user individuality. For season 03 let's mix both and show each battle individuality - each tournament battle is also unique".

Each car class will be drawn for each specific kind of location, as of below:
(Choose only one combination)

Exotic/Sport/Supercars @ Daylight City Courses
Tuning Cars @ Night City Courses
Touring Cars @ Original Tracks
Rally Cars @ Dirt and Snow Courses
Japanese JGTC/Super GT @ Japanese real world tracks
LMP/Formula/Other Race Cars @ Non-Japanese World Circuits
Nascar @ Nascar Oval Tracks
Kart @ Kart Tracks

PHOTOTRAVEL: No
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: There must be more than one car visible in the photograph.

ruleshz.jpg

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow rules may result in disqualification.
If you have any questions, please, send me a Private Message or READ THIS.

Private Message Requirements:

• P.M. Title: Photomode Tornament Final Entry;
  • P.M. Subject: Image in either thumbnail or a preview linked to it's full size and which side you will be competing.

Competition Requirements:
  • Entrants must state which side (PMC or 2.0) they are taking part. Only one side per user allowed;
  • Entrants from the PMC side will only battle against other PMC. Entrants from the 2.0 side will only battle against other 2.0.

Entry Requirements:
  • Only one entry per user allowed. It must be that user own work and never seen/used before;
  • You may not post your image elsewhere, until the poll closes down, nor add any identifying element to it.
  • Do not ask other members to choose your entry;
  • Entries may not be changed after submitting (only if against the theme rules);
  • It's recommended the usage of a free image hosting service, such as ImageShack, Photobucket or Flickr;
  • All entries within the rules will go into poll;
  • Keep in mind that the Host of this competition may ask for the original image and it must be submitted if so.
    It's recommended to store the original image (from the USB stick) until competition round ends.

editing.jpg

PMC (blue)

• No other editing, besides proportionally resize and rotate, is allowed outside GT5 Photomode.

2.0 (red)

What you may not do to a photo:
  • Alter the geometry of the car. No stickers, or body modifications not available in game.
  • Add shapes or objects from outside of GT5, signatures excepted.
  • Add lens flares or "artistic" filters to image.
  • Remove items from shot (scenery, other cars).
  • Use more than 1 image (HDR, photo-stitching, multi-exposure).
  • "Creative cropping". The main "image" must be four-sided, with 90-degree, upright corners.
  • Selective car colour changing: masking different parts to create racing stripes or similar.
  • Add a personal signature.

What you may do to a photo:
  • Crop and/or resize an image.
  • Adjust the level or curve values.
  • Alter the colour tone of the image (gradient maps, photo filters, colour balance, etc).
  • Car body colour change (all stickers/design features must remain, see "Remove Items" rule).
  • Adjust brightness, contrast, exposure, shadow/highlights.
  • Enhance shadows or highlights (dodge and burn tools in Photoshop, for example).
  • Add noise and/or diffuse glow.
  • Add a post-game tilt-shift blur, or apply a motion blur to a stationary Photomode shot.
  • Make use of Layer Blend Modes.
  • Use a Sharpening filter and/or tool.
  • Scale or enlarge rims.
  • Remove or modify license plates.
  • Remove the GT watermark.
  • Clean up or fix jaggies, texture pixelation, or colour separation.
  • Add a vignette effect.
deadlineatnakl.jpg

[20.00 GMT]

Last edited:
First of all, welcome to the GT5 Photomode Tournament. I hope you enjoy this competition.

I’ll have to state that, vigilance in this competition will be higher than normal - going against the spirit of the competition (i.e. cheating, swaying polls) will result in disqualification. Whining why X or Y entry is winning is also frowned upon. Please, keep it clean.

There will be prizes for both PMC and 2.0 sides:

Prize List - PMC/2.0:

Less voted to make through (Sponsored by Jason_B):
Prize Ticket;

Match with the closest vote margin (Sponsored by Gtuned):
Prize Car;

Most voted image in each round (Sponsored by Jason_B):
Prize Car;

User with overall most votes (Sponsored by NJ72):
Prize Car;

Third Place:
Hall of Fame representation;
Prize Car (Sponsored by Magic Racer)
Car Ticket lvl.21 (Sponsored by Jason_B)

Second Place:
Prize Car (Sponsored by Magic Racer)
Car Ticket lvl.23 (Sponsored by Jason_B)

First Place:
All it’s tournament images will be featured as banners for a next tournament;
Prize Cars (Sponsored by Jason_B)
Prize Cars (Sponsored by Magic Racer)
Prize Cars (Sponsored by Gtuned)
One year Premium Photo Hosting account (Sponsored by Jason_B)

More prizes to be announced

Prize Cars - Overview:

prizecarqualy6.jpg

prizecarqualy.jpg

prizecarqualy7.jpg

prizecarqualy8.jpg

prizecarqualy9.jpg

prizecarqualy10.jpg

prizecarqualy4.jpg

prizecarqualy3.jpg

prizecarqualy2.jpg

prizecarqualy5.jpg

prizecarqualy11.jpg

prizecarqualy1.jpg

Last edited:
just so i get what the theme is, If i take a pic of a tuner car it has to be at a city course at night?

and likewise a JGTC car has to be at a japanese world circuit?

i hope some of the very best of gtplanet takes part this time.

good luck to everyone :D

So there'll be 9 different polls for the qualifying?
I guess it's going to be different how many pictures succeed in each poll because there'll be most likely more supercar- than kart-shots?

The prizes will get bigger and bigger as it goes. I'll also throw little odds and ends as it goes. PMC 1 was great and PMC 2 dropped off a bit. Lets see it get back up higher than the first one! I've got loads of matched cars and 0/0 rarities.

Thanks GTP, Nicknamealguem, Slipz, and everyone else who make this happen.

And best of luck to everyone!

So there'll be 9 different polls for the qualifying?
I guess it's going to be different how many pictures succeed in each poll because there'll be most likely more supercar- than kart-shots?

I believe it will be just 2 polls (PMC and 2.0) Each one open to multiple choice voting, regardless of which 'mini' theme you select eg: you may go for the 'Tuners' and it will go up against any of the other type of racers as well as other peoples 'Tuners'. ...correct me if I'm wrong?? :dunce:

BTW great idea for the open theme 👍 looks like these all tie-in with the A/B spec events :)

Punched above my weight last time around :embarrassed: so I'm really looking forward to this :dopey:

Tunning Cars @ Night City Courses
- stunning - cunning - gunning - running - dunning - turning - tuning
I guess Tuning Cars is ment…

It may be a good idea to make a post in the regular photo gallery to try to get some more people to enter.

Interesting theme! Now I'll be using most of my week to figure out what combination I'm going for :) I really like the qualifier round - it produces some amazing entries with great variation. Good luck everyone!

To clear off any confusion, you may only choose one combination and there will only be two polls (PMC and 2.0) regardless of the combination.

Also, in the rally combination, you may use any dirt and snow track, even the ones in course generator.

I have sent Nicknamealguem a private message regarding the prizes. Unfortunately, you won't see any pictures - since I cannot upload them at the moment - but this way, you will be surprised by their respective colours. :D

Happy photoshooting and good luck, everyone! :cheers:

~ EDIT ~ Found a solution. Pictures to come tomorrow. :)

Last edited:
Ahh can't wait to get out shooting for this! I have a few ideas forming already 💡

Do we post the shots for both PMC and 2.0 in this thread, or is another thread going to open for one of the comps? I am assuming we just have to post with the pic if its for PMC or 2.0, is that correct?

Do we post the shots for both PMC and 2.0 in this thread, or is another thread going to open for one of the comps? I am assuming we just have to post with the pic if its for PMC or 2.0, is that correct?

It's all PM, no public posting. It also makes for much better variety, no copying ideas.

Read below.

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow rules may result in disqualification.
If you have any questions, please, send me a Private Message or READ THIS.

All entries must be submitted by P.M. to Nicknamealguem .
Please, fill in the following form:

P.M. Title: Photomode Tornament Final Entry;
P.M. Subject: Image in either thumbnail or a preview linked to it's full size and which side you will be competing.

Competition Requirements:

Entrants must state which side (PMC or 2.0) they are taking part. Only one side per user allowed;
Entrants from the PMC side will only battle against other PMC. Entrants from the 2.0 side will only battle against other 2.0.

it says up top
All entries must be submitted by P.M. to Nicknamealguem .
Please, fill in the following form:
P.M. Title: Photomode Tornament Final Entry;
P.M. Subject: Image in either thumbnail or a preview linked to it's full size and which side you will be competing.

So, if I do tuners, do both cars have to be tuned/modified or just the main one?

Oh, and by tuners, would it be something like a Mine's R34 or an S2000 with a body kit?

I think tuners means anything that, in the real world, is likely to be tuned... I.e. you don't usually see an M5 with a body kit and spoiler, but you would more likely see a evo or impreza

I think tuners means anything that, in the real world, is likely to be tuned... I.e. you don't usually see an M5 with a body kit and spoiler, but you would more likely see a evo or impreza

Oh, and by tuners, would it be something like a Mine's R34 or an S2000 with a body kit?

Yep, that's it, like I said, cars from the tuner village (like mine's, amuse, etc.) or any that you see fit (evolution, impreza, skylines) as long as you body modify them (usage of aerodynamic parts, for example), And yes, all cars must be from the same class, or in this case, all cars must be tuned. ;)

Just a reminder to everyone:

How exactly does this whole thing work? I didn't quite get a good understanding from the opening post.

How exactly does this whole thing work? I didn't quite get a good understanding from the opening post.

you enter a picture (by PM) which either complies with PMC or 2.0 rules. the car/track combination can be 1 of any listed in the OP,

for example, you can submit a supercar at a daytime city track OR a JGTC car at a Japanese real-world circuit.

that help at all?

Just a reminder to everyone:

FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUU-
and I submitted one with just one... I completely forgot when I sent the entry in..
Guess I gotta wait for Nick's decision.

you enter a picture (by PM) which either complies with PMC or 2.0 rules. the car/track combination can be 1 of any listed in the OP,

for example, you can submit a supercar at a daytime city track OR a JGTC car at a Japanese real-world circuit.

that help at all?

So any of the topics are okay, but only submit one?

FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUU-
and I submitted one with just one... I completely forgot when I sent the entry in..
Guess I gotta wait for Nick's decision.

That almost happened to me! :D But thanks to this post, I figured something went wrong on the drawing board, since it only showed one car!

Back