ClubSport V2 Introduction

• Thread starter thehawk05
  • 184 comments
This is what hydraulic clubsport pedals look like ;)
IMG_3895.jpg

I am fixing to pull the trigger on a set of CST's. But I think I may just wait to see what DSD has in mind.

Uh Vince...stay with us now.

But Tribolik....that's an actual master cylinder. Maybe JLo's butt.

Niexist, that's nice. Have you tried them out ? What do they call that cylinder ? Looks like a compression spring under that rubber boot/dust cover. From the looks of it, first the spring offers resistance then the cylinder quickly bottoms out and pressure builds. Load cell ?

Scotty

No those aren't mine they're a member on iracing they're still being perfected if I recall correctly, but he's getting close. I don't believe the load cell is in there, I think it's a hydraulic system based on emery's design.

Uh Vince...stay with us now.

But Tribolik....that's an actual master cylinder. Maybe JLo's butt.

Niexist, that's nice. Have you tried them out ? What do they call that cylinder ? Looks like a compression spring under that rubber boot/dust cover. From the looks of it, first the spring offers resistance then the cylinder quickly bottoms out and pressure builds. Load cell ?

Scotty

Ha, Ha. Swooosh...that went right over my head. Nevermind, nothing to see here, move along.:dunce:

I guess the other side of that "tee" off the master goes to something that reads the pressure and converts it to a usable electrical signal.

Scotty

EDIT: Welcome back VINCE.👍:)

Last edited:
This is what hydraulic clubsport pedals look like ;)
IMG_3895.jpg

If I recall aren't these made from version 1 pedals and the guy bent the new pedal brackets with a Brake? Ordered up the parts and away he went. This was a lot of work but it shows it can be done.

Our industrial designer just got a heart attack after watching this.

But i get you. If you want even more than we can do that. It will just take some time but there is no problem to add some fancy components and sell it more expensive. This is actually much easier than having a tight cost budget to keep and if there is a market, why not?

In the real world do you think 12bit is going to be absolutely noticeable ? Because marketing wise it's apparently a home run, doesn't mean it's a home run performance wise. I do agree it's better but skeptical that it's meaningfully better.

Scotty

Fanatec themselves played the numbers game when introducing the Clubsport Pedals.

Logitec G25/G27 use 256 steps, Fanatec proudly announced 1024 steps. Thrustmaster have done the same offering 1024. Does the end user feel much difference, I guess that depends.

So I can only assume that going upto 4096 steps does have benefits. Of course it all depends on the pedal quality in its movement. The amount of travel too for how many steps are actually used but it offers increased resolution and again I assume the ability for more precision.

Braking is of course where most people will find time and even the loadcell technology in the Clubsports have proved for many people to be an important part in improving their race times. So any pedal set that looks to be giving more precision in braking, feel and smooth yet sustained resistance will likely allow the player to improve regardless of their own ability.

You certainly do not need to be a fast driver to purchase higher end pedals or make it worthwhile. Something that is more enjoyable to use, looks better with a more solid construction and can give the user added satisfaction is never a bad purchase.

Last edited:
If I recall aren't these made from version 1 pedals and the guy bent the new pedal brackets with a Brake? Ordered up the parts and away he went. This was a lot of work but it shows it can be done.

Hi Left.
that pedal mod is actually an excellent idea.
i can see that at the point the picture was taken they were not functional yet.
he used a clutch master cylinder with it`s associated pull type clutch slave cylinder.
at one end of the slave he added several rubber cushions from a schock absorber to help produce the effect of resistance when pressing on the pedal.
in the picture he has not made a connection with a load cell yet but would be fairly simple to do.
the parts he used are from a company called Wilwood.
i often use parts from this company and have them in my inventory.
i think i will apply this mod in my spare time.
this would without a doubt add more realism.
the parts would cost below 200.00 dollars.
here is a link to the parts he used.
http://www.wilwood.com/MasterCylinders/MasterCylinderList.aspx?minorname=Slave Cylinder

Last edited:
Our industrial designer just got a heart attack after watching this.

But i get you. If you want even more than we can do that. It will just take some time but there is no problem to add some fancy components and sell it more expensive. This is actually much easier than having a tight cost budget to keep and if there is a market, why not?

I think you should offer this as an upgrade kit.

The load cell itself is no different than the old version.....Thomas stated they revised the stiffness and travel of it. Both of those can be tweaked on the V1s if you have the tuning kit which comes with stiffer foam and a longer rod that go inside the cell block.

Also of note is they've changed the default mounting location of the pivot point for the brake on the V2. On the V1 the pivot rod was installed by default in the lowest hole on the brake pedal arm. On the V2 it's mounted in the second hole up from the lowest point. Many people (myself included) did this tweak themselves on their V1s.....it reduces the pedal travel quite a bit and gives the brake pedal a better feel.

I have already done both of these to my CSPs V.1s and purchased the tuning kit. So the question is was the arm travel decreased and stiffness increased by just changing the default pedal arm mounting point? Or were the metal rod, and foam slug used for the brake replaced by units similar to those bundled with the V.1 tuning kit?

The CSP V.2's Point 2. intro statement; We also made the load cell brake stiffer and with a shorter travel by default. appears to be nothing more than a clever advertising ploy to sell V.1 owners something that they may have already done and/or purchased.

Going back and visiting CSP V.2 Intro point 3., I am curious to why the Japanese modder only received credit for the clutch modification. He also did the brake mod, and the prototype he received from Thomas back in September of last year depicted on his blog at http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/rmjhj650/26357470.html clearly shows his RC-Car shock absorber (hydraulic :sly:) mod on the prototype, although the production model's shock absorber depicted in the intro here is now attired in black and silver.

So where is the German Engineering on the CSP V.2? Looks to me like CSP V.1 German Engineering adorned with Japanese Refinements, and clad in fashionable black, oh and lest I forget, now with a hydraulic brake with a re-positioned brake arm.

Last edited:
Hi Left.
that pedal mod is actually an excellent idea.
i can see that at the point the picture was taken they were not functional yet.
he used a clutch master cylinder with it`s associated pull type clutch slave cylinder.
at one end of the slave he added several rubber cushions from a schock absorber to help produce the effect of resistance when pressing on the pedal.
in the picture he has not made a connection with a load cell yet but would be fairly simple to do.
the parts he used are from a company called Wilwood.
i often use parts from this company and have them in my inventory.
i think i will apply this mod in my spare time.
this would without a doubt add more realism.
the parts would cost below 200.00 dollars.
here is a link to the parts he used.
http://www.wilwood.com/MasterCylinders/MasterCylinderList.aspx?minorname=Slave Cylinder

Hi Dave

This guy is an iRacer and he posted "the making of them" in the forum their. He never claimed them as version 2 CSP pedals but rather hydraulics are possible in ver 1. Obviously he had access to the tools and the talent to make them. A version 2 kit will be much more refined. Is Fanatec running scared now? :D

Last edited:
I have already done both of these to my CSPs V.1s and purchased the tuning kit. So the question is was the arm travel decreased and stiffness increased by just changing the default pedal arm mounting point? Or were the metal rod, and foam slug used for the brake replaced by units similar to those bundled with the V.1 tuning kit?

The CSP V.2's Point 2. intro statement; We also made the load cell brake stiffer and with a shorter travel by default. appears to be nothing more than a clever advertising ploy to sell V.1 owners something that they may have already done and/or purchased.

Going back and visiting CSP V.2 Intro point 3., I am curious to why the Japanese modder only received credit for the clutch modification. He also did the brake mod, and the prototype he received from Thomas back in September of last year depicted on his blog at http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/rmjhj650/26357470.html clearly shows his RC-Car shock absorber (hydraulic :sly:) mod on the prototype, although the production model's shock absorber depicted in the intro here is now attired in black and silver.

So where is the German Engineering on the CSP V.2? Looks to me like CSP V.1 German Engineering adorned with Japanese Refinements, and clad in fashionable black, oh and lest I forget, now with a hydraulic brake with a re-positioned brake arm.

Your sarcasm is immature and your nationalism is noted.👎

First off there's nothing "wrong" with being nationalistic. So if you think I am I won't disagree. As I read your post on the GTPlanet iPad app, to the left where most members have their country's flag yours is greyed out with what appears to be a symbol of the sun next to it. What does that represent if not Japan ? Also I hope this back and forth is not distasteful.
It's just that it seemed you felt Teki wasn't getting his due and I didn't see that, so I looked for clues to why you felt that way. I guess I was right,huh. I hope that side of your family from Kentucky aren't UK fans or we really are at loggerheads, lol. Go Cards. Peace.

Scotty

EDIT: I just now turned my flag on in profile settings. I guess I wasn't as nationalistic as I/we thought I was.
EDIT 2: I acknowledge the ASCII explanation, but I believe it was used with both meanings in mind my cryptic friend.

Last edited:
@Thomas: I hope your designer survived the heart attack and is able to come up with something better before we do, for the good of his own health that is. lol

Last edited:
Back