Cockpit view

• Thread starter Banua64
  • 25 comments
Pause and check the camera options. I don't know about disable but there are settings for severity and 0 might be an option.

Assume you have cockpit 1 and not 2 selected?

Has anyone noticed that the cockpit wobble is uneven now? (Type 1)

I first noticed it going through Eu rouge in the McLaren MP4/4. The driver definitely leans more when turning left than to the right. I might have my lefts and rights mixed but it’s definitely more in one direction than the other. Not a game breaker but i hope it gets fixed.

GT7 Eau Rouge almost makes you nauseous by the wobble, but, they say the compression is kind of hard in real life to :lol:
It took me sometime to get used to it but once your brain knows what is comming it isn't to bad imo

Has anyone noticed that the cockpit wobble is uneven now? (Type 1)

I first noticed it going through Eu rouge in the McLaren MP4/4. The driver definitely leans more when turning left than to the right. I might have my lefts and rights mixed but it’s definitely more in one direction than the other. Not a game breaker but i hope it gets fixed.
They fixed it

I have had reservations about the cockpit view (which happens to be my favourite) in GT7, but the cockpit view in the Nissan GT-R GT500 '99 is ridiculous beyond belief. The "driver's eye" is roughly at the same heigth as the top of the steering-wheel (even with the heigth set to max 5). I can barely see the track ahead of me.

Last edited:
I have had reservations about the cockpit view (which happens to be my favourite) in GT7, but the cockpit view in the Nissan GT-R GT500 '99 is ridiculous beyond belief. The "driver's eye" is roughly at the same heigth as the top of the steering-wheel (even with the heigth set to max 5). I can barely see the track ahead of me.
The cockpit view is a disaster in all GT games, there is no good fov adjustment possible, no virtual mirror. no disabling of the steering wheel, forward and backward is very limited, tilt is not possible.
Apparently the developers can only be fast in the bumper mode, is actually the fastest. but has nothing to do with realism, which Kaz and PD hold dear.
Maybe when the game comes out on PC it gets better, I can't shake the feeling that only the top online players are being listened to.

I'm generally okay with the cockpit view. It has its downsides but I still wildly prefer it over the front view. Heck, even the GT5/6 view for standard cars was good for me.

The one thing that bothers me, though, is that in one of my fave cars the arms animation are super wonky, the Mercedes SLS Gr.3. Animation is kind of set wrong so the driver raises the elbows during corners in a very weird way.

But really, I do kind of like the challenge of having a more restricted view in cars like the LMPs, and for regular cars it's always a joy seeing the detailed interiors (the non-functional gauges are a bit of a letdown though x3)

For as much work as they put into the intricate details of the interiors, it’s a shame PD doesn’t make cockpit view more accessible to use
Yes. The dash is too far and the shadows are too much where, I can’t see the instruments. As for reflections, I feel I have to put on shades at times. That or give us a sunvisor option. ;)

The cockpit view is a disaster in all GT games, there is no good fov adjustment possible, no virtual mirror. no disabling of the steering wheel, forward and backward is very limited, tilt is not possible.
Apparently the developers can only be fast in the bumper mode, is actually the fastest. but has nothing to do with realism, which Kaz and PD hold dear.
Maybe when the game comes out on PC it gets better, I can't shake the feeling that only the top online players are being listened to.
What if they have made it how it looks like to the actual drivers?!

Cockpit view is the only way to go in a sim/esk racer. Everything else is arcade gaming and Ruin the meaning of Simracing. I cant take B-cam times serious and hase nothing to do with Simracing.
At the end of the day, it is a game and it is totally valid to play however you like. SuperGT races with the hood view, and he’s an A+ driver, I believe.

We’re not actually in a car and it isn’t VR, in which case it would probably be forced to cockpit view, any other view might feel a bit disorientating or weird. Why play in cockpit view if you’re more comfortable and faster in bumper, hood, or chase cam?

Sim racing is still run on games. F1 sims don’t use cockpit view - they have their own cockpit, sure, but so do some who play sim racing games, and they may not run cockpit view.

At the end of the day, it is a game and it is totally valid to play however you like. SuperGT races with the hood view, and he’s an A+ driver, I believe.

We’re not actually in a car and it isn’t VR, in which case it would probably be forced to cockpit view, any other view might feel a bit disorientating or weird. Why play in cockpit view if you’re more comfortable and faster in bumper, hood, or chase cam?

Sim racing is still run on games. F1 sims don’t use cockpit view - they have their own cockpit, sure, but so do some who play sim racing games, and they may not run cockpit view.
Of corse you can do what you want.
But i cant take it serious. The essence of Simulation is to do it close as possible to real. Thats also the reason why i dont watch Gtws, F1 esports etc or Streamer like Super Gt, Kie and other streamer. They have the latest and gratest hardware and then sit on the bumper or roof and call themself Simracer!!!

Here is the thing.
You miss so much stuff by not racing in cockpit view. Like the diffrents of sitting more in the middle of the car or more on the rear axle, left or right hand drive, Fr or Mr cars. Open wheeler closed Cars. Even in the dark the reflection of the car behind you in the rearmirrow, rain on the windshield etc.
In bumper view all cars have more or less the same turning point, full vision, a big fat mirrow on top, no rain on the screen, the spray from the car in front etc.

And cockpit view isnt that slow, You have to get used to it and you have to be more focus. You have to know how wide youre car is. Battles are more intens and you have to think twice what kinda moves you do.

But the reward for it feels 10x times better when you do it right.

I stop here now, otherwise i wright a hole site full with my blubedibla 🤪 but i hope you get a bit my point 😉

Last edited:
I've been using the OFFSET positio and wobble 2, no hud. Just so immersive.

I need a t300gt now, that's the next step. And then VR2

Of corse you can do what you want.
But i cant take it serious. The essence of Simulation is to do it close as possible to real. Thats also the reason why i dont watch Gtws, F1 esports etc or Streamer like Super Gt, Kie and other streamer. They have the latest and gratest hardware and then sit on the bumper or roof and call themself Simracer!!!

Here is the thing.
You miss so much stuff by not racing in cockpit view. Like the diffrents of sitting more in the middle of the car or more on the rear axle, left or right hand drive, Fr or Mr cars. Open wheeler closed Cars. Even in the dark the reflection of the car behind you in the rearmirrow, rain on the windshield etc.
In bumper view all cars have more or less the same turning point, full vision, a big fat mirrow on top, no rain on the screen, the spray from the car in front etc.

And cockpit view isnt that slow, You have to get used to it and you have to be more focus. You have to know how wide youre car is. Battles are more intens and you have to think twice what kinda moves you do.

But the reward for it feels 10x times better when you do it right.

I stop here now, otherwise i wright a hole site full with my blubedibla 🤪 but i hope you get a bit my point 😉
I stopped using cockpit when racing online because you can’t see the rearview mirror in most cars and in some cars your hands obstruct the view. It’s ridiculous.

I still use it when I do single player stuff.

I stopped using cockpit when racing online because you can’t see the rearview mirror in most cars and in some cars your hands obstruct the view. It’s ridiculous.

I still use it when I do single player stuff.

Same here. I'm sure there's the odd example of someone doing well online in cockpit, but I'm not the world's best driver and can't afford to hobble myself further by using a view I'm slower in.

Also, I find tge sensation of speed is much more noticeable in 'bumper' view, which some may prefer.

B80
Same here. I'm sure there's the odd example of someone doing well online in cockpit, but I'm not the world's best driver and can't afford to hobble myself further by using a view I'm slower in.

Also, I find tge sensation of speed is much more noticeable in 'bumper' view, which some may prefer.
In my case it’s not so much a case of being slower, which I am in both views 😂, is just a case of being able to race safer for me and for the other drivers.
And I was more worried about the speed sensation when I was younger. Now I appreciate the slowness 😂

Back