Cody Latkovski Addresses Critics, Explains Incident with Miyazono in New York Finals

I think I have seen enough at this point to surmise that this is pretty much just his on-track personality. He’s ultra aggressive and borderline wreckless at times. That’s his signature. He’s in a bit of denial about how truly awful that Spa move was. ;) That said, he is certainly one of the best in the world and I think having a somewhat controversial driver like him involved is generally good for the series. It is certainly entertaining, but I think others would be wise to remain on high alert around him at all times while on track due to his ultra aggressive nature!

I think I have seen enough at this point to surmise that this is pretty much just his on-track personality. He’s ultra aggressive and borderline wreckless at times. That’s his signature. He’s in a bit of denial about how truly awful that Spa move was. ;) That said, he is certainly one of the best in the world and I think having a somewhat controversial driver like him involved is generally good for the series. It is certainly entertaining, but I think others would be wise to remain on high alert around him at all times while on track due to his ultra aggressive nature!

It’s the Kimi syndrome.

Nik is quick, no question, but his racing manners and etiquette let him down. Makosi-Academic frequently shows similar behavior in FIA races in the Oceania region. He’s oblivious to the lack of respect shown to him as he seems to think he’s faultless in every incident he’s so frequently involved in. Same as his son it appears.
I was ashamed to see our flag associated with that move at Spa. I only hope that he gains some maturity before Paris.

Nik is quick, no question, but his racing manners and etiquette let him down. Makosi-Academic frequently shows similar behavior in FIA races in the Oceania region. He’s oblivious to the lack of respect shown to him as he seems to think he’s faultless in every incident he’s so frequently involved in. Same as his son it appears.
I was ashamed to see our flag associated with that move at Spa. I only hope that he gains some maturity before Paris.

Is Akademik Nik's father? I thought he's his brother or something :lol: One of the most infamous and erratic drivers I've come across in our region. I tried talking to him nicely before, and he got better for 1-2 races, then just reverted back. That's just how some people drive unfortunately. Nik may be aggressive but at least he's got speed. Whenever he came up in my rear view I just wave him by. Defending against Nik, unless you're a fellow alien, is always going to end in tears :P

He's good to watch when he's on his A game though, like in his battle with Adam Suswillo. He showed a bit of class there (ignoring his silly complaint about Suswillo's defending) so he's definitely got it in him...somewhere...

He's good to watch when he's on his A game though, like in his battle with Adam Suswillo. He showed a bit of class there (ignoring his silly complaint about Suswillo's defending) so he's definitely got it in him...somewhere...
I'm not sure in which race it was, and if it was against Cody, but Suswillo did defend like an ass various time in two events. I recall him changing line upon braking, and he also bump passed slower drivers.

Put damages on, disqualify dirty drivers and give their points to the "victim". Any position gained by contact should be given back.
And apply a clearly defined penalty system.
Bumping someone similarly can not be +1s in race 1, +5s in race 2, +0s in race 3, and then +2.5s at the next event.

So Cody is the new Maldonado?

Sebastian Vettel of GTS
Wut? Vettel is nowhere near Cody levels of dirty.Cody is straight up Maldonado 2.0 with a bit of Verstappen sprinkled in.

I'm not sure in which race it was, and if it was against Cody, but Suswillo did defend like an ass various time in two events. I recall him changing line upon braking, and he also bump passed slower drivers.

Stubborn but fair from what I've seen.

Maybe put Latkovski in his proper region.

This sounds like the best plan. But I'm not very informed about the why's and how's. Can somebody fill me in? I know Cody races in Oceana but lives somewhere else and is almost always laggy with orange/red bar connections. Why is this allowed to happen and why doesn't he race from where he lives? Isn't that in the rules?

This sounds like the best plan. But I'm not very informed about the why's and how's. Can somebody fill me in? I know Cody races in Oceana but lives somewhere else and is almost always laggy with orange/red bar connections. Why is this allowed to happen and why doesn't he race from where he lives? Isn't that in the rules?

Probably "resident" in Australia, "temporarily" in macedonia??? He might have two passports/residencies and has simply decided hes more Australian for whatever reason. On the other hand, GT Sport players have been known to take on flags of countries they might only be temporarily living in thinking they had to do this to meet the residency rules of the competition.

I think the lag is probably the bigger issue. Why is it not possible for him to use his Aus PSN in European sport mode while he is in Macedonia?

At the end of the day I doubt anyone really cares. It is just a game and hes more than fast enough to be at the finals.

Also - I think that if he does anything dodgy like this "block" :lol: again he and Igor for that matter should pay a higher price the second time around.

Helluva quick driver but he's not the full package yet due to his careless race craft. A very rough diamond.

Calming down a bit might be a good idea.

If you're at a tour final and gaining an advantage from habitually crashing people out or pulling off a bump and run, and you have a reputation for doing so in the regular season, that's not careless, that's deliberate.

Back