Cold Warrior's Gran Turismo Sport Event Archives

For a difficult track in real life. The general advice is. Race the track not you opponent. In some cases it's better the faster cars and stay focused on your own race.

I recommend focus on Qualifying. Were you started will matter here. Passing extra difficult with these cars anyway. You will have to wait for a mistake gain the opportunity to pass on track. Most passing happen by pit stops.

Lap races for this series were set to specific distance. I did not time them out to a specific length of time like I did with Rinsky's series. This will likely be of the shortest races of the series.

Only 200 km (46 Laps) at a track with the high average speed of Tokyo Central. I estimated about 1 hour 15 minutes. Pick a shorter race for that weekend because of Rinsky's races before and after.

I dont worry too much about qualifying, its rare that an opportunity does not arise to pass on pit strategy, an unforseen stop for damage (especially here), a mistake, or an outright overtake.

I dont worry too much about qualifying, its rare that an opportunity does not arise to pass on pit strategy, an unforseen stop for damage (especially here), a mistake, or an outright overtake.
Normally I don't either since I'm terrible at posting hot laps but, Tokyo Central is a unique place. That where you start can matter a lot. I've gotten stuck people for entire races here. This also grid starts series for road courses. This is track narrow for more than 2 normal cars wide in must cases. So your not jumping around someone in the row front of you until they single out.

Normally I don't either since I'm terrible at posting hot laps but, Tokyo Central is a unique place. That where you start can matter a lot. I've gotten stuck people for entire races here. This also grid starts series for road courses. This is track narrow for more than 2 normal cars wide in must cases. So your not jumping around someone in the row front of you until they single out.

I doubt any of us are making the entire race without damage from curbs causing at least 1 extra stop.

I doubt any of us are making the entire race without damage from curbs causing at least 1 extra stop.
What curbs, don't kid yourself that's a wall and your surrounded my friend. I've ran clean races here races before. Though not this long or with these cars. I won't pit damage here unless it's affecting my handling too. This is a momentum race track. The track's speed comes from all crazy fast turns. The straights are short so you don't lose much time with aero damage. Now if this was a east or south layout I would pit for aero damage

What curbs, don't kid yourself that's a wall and your surrounded my friend. I've ran clean races here races before. Though not this long or with these cars. I won't pit damage here unless it's affecting my handling too. This is a momentum race track. The track's speed comes from all crazy fast turns. The straights are short so you don't lose much time with aero damage. Now if this was a east or south layout I would pit for aero damage

With this car/tire combo and the wet there are sectors (3rd in particular I think) where its real easy to tag a wall/curb causing suspension damage. When I say curb I was referring to a city street type of curb, I thought you could actually see some.

With this car/tire combo and the wet there are sectors (3rd in particular I think) where its real easy to tag a wall/curb causing suspension damage. When I say curb I was referring to a city street type of curb, I thought you could actually see some.
Unless your talking about that metal that sticks out along were the guardrails are attached to the pavement. Otherwise I'm not sure where you see curbs here. These tracks are part of Tokyo's highway system. And it's a toll road too. I doubt they would have pavements for pedestrians on this highway.

Unless your talking about that metal that sticks out along were the guardrails are attached to the pavement. Otherwise I'm not sure where you see curbs here. These tracks are part of Tokyo's highway system. And it's a toll road too. I doubt they would have pavements for pedestrians on this highway.

I will have to look again, I thought there were city street like curbs.

I will have to look again, I thought there were city street like curbs.
After doing some research. I find out these Tokyo Expressway tracks are not accurate layouts of Tokyo highway system. The classic Special Stage Route 5, 7, and 11 tracks were not either. Now the Tokyo R246 is based on real street layouts in one of Tokyo's entertainment district.

After doing some research. I find out these Tokyo Expressway tracks are not accurate layouts of Tokyo highway system. The classic Special Stage Route 5, 7, and 11 tracks were not either. Now the Tokyo R246 is based on real street layouts in one of Tokyo's entertainment district.

I will look again tomorrow when I get a chance to race a little

I did some practice at Tokyo today. I'm curious if I'll be any more competitive this time, or still way off the pace like I was at Maggiore. I can run mostly 1:27's in race conditions (using custom race with grip set to real) with the occasional lap getting into the 1:26's. Tires don't seem to wear out much, so lap times are pretty consistent and even get slightly faster as the fuel load wears off.

The wet track doesn't seem too bad, and it helps that there are a few tunnels to give us some dry sections :).

I did some practice at Tokyo today. I'm curious if I'll be any more competitive this time, or still way off the pace like I was at Maggiore. I can run mostly 1:27's in race conditions (using custom race with grip set to real) with the occasional lap getting into the 1:26's. Tires don't seem to wear out much, so lap times are pretty consistent and even get slightly faster as the fuel load wears off.

The wet track doesn't seem too bad, and it helps that there are a few tunnels to give us some dry sections :).
I haven't spent a lot of time practicing on this race yet. I've been focusing more on our Lago Maggiore race for the Rinsky's MSN Endurance Series.

All 7 tracks / layouts in GT Sport that you can run in the wet have 2 heavy wet slots and 1 intermediate wet slot.

I chose the intermediate wet slot for this race. Though with all tunnels this layout has. It's more of wet dry race. And wet portions aren't even enough for a spray.

Look again, thats why I specifically said "city street like curbs", they circle the entire track on both sides. They are not the typical racing curbs/rumble strips, these are suspension damaging 6" tall right angle curbs that line the racing surface. Maybe your Tokyo track is different than mine, I would take a pic and post it here if it was easier

Last edited:
@Jarkulary @fastone371
@rhcpeppers

2 days remain until our next race for this series. I hope you all have been practicing. This is a very difficult track to make pass. Especially with these top of line Supercars cars. A good qualifying position and pit strategy are highly recommend. The 2nd row starters will not be jumping around people here. You're stuck until traffic singles out. Portions of this track will be wet including the starting grid. You may want to practice for a wet grid start.

Good Luck and see you Saturday.

Last edited:
@Jarkulary @fastone371
@rhcpeppers

2 days remain until our next race for this series. I hope you all have been practicing. This is a very difficult track to make pass. Especially with these top of line Supercars cars. A good qualifying position and pit strategy are highly recommend. The 2nd row starters will not be jumping around people here. You're stuck until traffic singles out. Portions of this track will wet including the starting grid. You may want to practice for a wet grid start.

Good Luck and see you Saturday.

Since we race the same car you could just tell me the best pit strategy then I dont have to try to figure it out. :D:D:D
I usually don't have a plan at the start of the race, I just pit when I need tires or fuel and try to let things work themselves out as the race progresses.

Since we race the same car you could just tell me the best pit strategy then I dont have to try to figure it out. :D:D:D
I usually don't have a plan at the start of the race, I just pit when I need tires or fuel and try to let things work themselves out as the race progresses.
Technically I'm supposed to be your competitor. Plus telling you here would tell everybody.

I will tell you that do to the wet weather. Tire wear low but, I'm not sure if it's enough to make 2 stints with the Huayra.

Last edited:
Technically I'm supposed to be your competitor. Plus telling you here would tell everybody.

I will tell you that do to the wet weather. Tire wear low but, I'm not sure if it's enough to make 2 stints with the Huayra.

Even though tire wear is low it still seems that the car slows a lot after a fuel run even though the wear indicator hasn't moved much, maybe due to the wet?

My best lap in race conditions has been 1:25.093. Most of my laps are in the 1:26’s. I’m guessing you all are faster than that, so I’ll predict a pole of 1:23.000, but I’m really not sure.

I might not be able to race today and I’ve had absolutely no practice at a track I’m truly terrible at lol. If I’m there, I’m there. If not, you guys have a good race!

@Jarkulary @fastone371
@rhcpeppers

Race 7 Tokyo Central Outer Results
PS_App_20210425_042810.jpeg

Winner: fastone371

Pole Award: fastone371

Fastest Lap: fastone371

No reported incidences

Note: Yes this is the correct results. I screen shot the results twice. Because I forgot to send the first screenshot to someone else. So I can retrieve it on my phone. So I took the second screenshot after I setup the room for the next race. Apparently doing that changes the track logo on the results screen.

Drivers Standings

7 of 14 races, Best of 10 races count.

1st. TheColdWarriors 82 pts
2nd. Jarkulary 73 pts
3rd. fastone371 55 pts
4th. redhotcpeppers 28 pts
5th. son_love_u_moms 6 pts​

Last edited:
@Jarkulary @fastone371
@rhcpeppers

I apologize for the lack of passing in this race. I admit know this race wouldn't have a lot of passing when I planned. Do to the speeds of the cars and the nature of this track. Though I didn't expect the lack of passing to be this bad. With pit stops and high change of a mistake causing car damage. So I didn't think the field would be set flag to flag.

I wanted 1 intermediate and 1 heavy wet race for this series to show your car's wet weather performance. With only 7 track layouts with rain settings. And this series focus on only GT originals. My choice was limited.

This may not have been the most competitive race but, it should give you an idea of what your car is like in the wet. The heavy wet race at Tokyo Expressway East Outer Loop will be far more difficult wet race. Especially with the extremely heavy braking into turn one.

My best lap in race conditions has been 1:25.093. Most of my laps are in the 1:26’s. I’m guessing you all are faster than that, so I’ll predict a pole of 1:23.000, but I’m really not sure.

Great prediction!! Qualifying might not have been a 23.0 but fast lap was 1.22:96 I think, you nailed it!! You guys must have been putting in laps faster than 1.25 because the gap never really got that big and I think I ran a lot of 1.24s and a fair amount of 1.23s.

@Jarkulary @fastone371
@rhcpeppers

I apologize for the lack of passing in this race. I admit know this race wouldn't have a lot of passing when I planned. Do to the speeds of the cars and the nature of this track. Though I didn't expect the lack of passing to be this bad. With pit stops and high change of a mistake causing car damage. So I didn't think the field would be set flag to flag.

I wanted 1 intermediate and 1 heavy wet race for this series to show your car's wet weather performance. With only 7 track layouts with rain settings. And this series focus on only GT originals. My choice was limited.

This may not have been the most competitive race but, it should give you an idea of what your car is like in the wet. The heavy wet race at Tokyo Expressway East Outer Loop will be far more difficult wet race. Especially with the extremely heavy braking into turn one.

Even though there may have not been passing the race certainly wasn't easy. I know that I wasn't able to really take a breath until the last 2 laps, any damage requiring a pit would have put me in last place, I never really built a large gap. It amazes me that nobody suffered any serious damage or any other serious set backs, RHCP & Coldwarrior looked nose to tail the entire race, something I can see over a 4 lap race but not a 46 lap race, well done!!!!

Even though there may have not been passing the race certainly wasn't easy. I know that I wasn't able to really take a breath until the last 2 laps, any damage requiring a pit would have put me in last place, I never really built a large gap. It amazes me that nobody suffered any serious damage or any other serious set backs, RHCP & Coldwarrior looked nose to tail the entire race, something I can see over a 4 lap race but not a 46 lap race, well done!!!!
I did take front aero and minor right suspension on lap 5 I believe at what I think Gran Turismo counts as turn 9. The turn before the last tunnel. I still was able to keep pace RHCP so I stayed out. I know I had to make at least 15 laps to make the race in 2 stops.

The closest I came to making the pass was exiting pits after my second stop. The McLaren was better off corner. And the straights were to short run him back down before I had to brake for next corner.

I did take front aero and minor right suspension on lap 5 I believe at what I think Gran Turismo counts as turn 9. The turn before the last tunnel. I still was able to keep pace RHCP so I stayed out. I know I had to make at least 15 laps to make the race in 2 stops.

The closest I came to making the pass was exiting pits after my second stop. The McLaren was better off corner. And the straights were to short run him back down before I had to brake for next corner.

I thought that you might have been able to get a good run in the 2nd sector where you have that relatively fast right hand turn requiring you to slow down to around 100mph then its WOT until the right hand turn under the bridge/tunnel. Its dry there (looks wet but traction is great) and the ground dries enough just in time to take the turn.

I think a lot of our laps were in the 1:24's. My fastest lap was 1:23.7, and I think @Cold Warrior's might have been even better than that. With @Cold Warrior on my tail the whole race I was really pushing and my laps were faster than they were in my practice leading up to the race.

Even though there weren't any passes, this felt like a "real life" race. Consistent pace, close racing between two of us, and if @fastone371 had made a mistake at any point and gotten serious damage, then we actually would have had a chance at a win. I think we all did a great job keeping concentration, not making mistakes, and running a good pace lap after lap. Cold Warriors and I were within 2 seconds of each other pretty much the whole race. Very nerve-racking but fun!

I thought that you might have been able to get a good run in the 2nd sector where you have that relatively fast right hand turn requiring you to slow down to around 100mph then its WOT until the right hand turn under the bridge/tunnel. Its dry there (looks wet but traction is great) and the ground dries enough just in time to take the turn.
The McLaren F1's cornering and drive off prevented from stay close enough to try anything. I spent the whole trying to find a way to pass him. I started to consider to use my bumper but, I couldn't get close enough even try that. Plus then I thought I would more likely wreck both of us.

Back