Cold Warrior's Gran Turismo Sport Event Archives

Your 2nd stop is what did. You slow down that for some reason sped up to 104 mph before the AI took over.

Sadly I got my Penalties because despite doing a mock pit entry in practice. I forgot about my own rule during my first stop. Then I did again for my second stop. I remember for my third and fourth stops. Though already know I acquired the multiple occurrence speeding penalty. I could have just sped my last 2 stops but, I felt it was unsportsmanlike to do it on purpose.

I sped up because it takes so long from pit entry line until AI takes over. Some tracks AI takes over right away others you drive like a mile.

I sped up because it takes so long from pit entry line until AI takes over. Some tracks AI takes over right away others you drive like a mile.
Yes but, I go by when the AI takes control not the pit line. Because some tracks the AI will take control before the line.

Yes but, I go by when the AI takes control not the pit line. Because some tracks the AI will take control before the line.

Obviously.
I didn't intend to increase my speed to over 100, I just wanted to speed up before my car slowed to 15 MPH.

I believe the LaFerrari will be very bad here. I imagine the electric power wont get replenished enough with no braking or very little braking. I don't know for sure if we even need to brake here? Anyone know yet?

I believe the LaFerrari will be very bad here. I imagine the electric power wont get replenished enough with no braking or very little braking. I don't know for sure if we even need to brake here? Anyone know yet?
The actually Laferrari runs well here. You'll have use a lot more brake with cars on sports tires. You're biggest problem will be your fuel mileage. You can lose a lot of time on pit road.

The actually Laferrari runs well here. You'll have use a lot more brake with cars on sports tires. You're biggest problem will be your fuel mileage. You can lose a lot of time on pit road.

ohhh right, I've been running GR4 on RS's so much lately I forget about the sports tires/super cars. Braking required. I don't run this track hardly at all. I save these types of tracks for my Nascar game haha should be an interesting race as always with these "things".

ohhh right, I've been running GR4 on RS's so much lately I forget about the sports tires/super cars. Braking required. I don't run this track hardly at all. I save these types of tracks for my Nascar game haha should be an interesting race as always with these "things".

Actually the LaFerrari has no weak points at this race. I was lapping an easy 1 second faster with it than the Hyura and gas mileage and tire wear were about equal between the 2 cars.

Actually the LaFerrari has no weak points at this race. I was lapping an easy 1 second faster with it than the Hyura and gas mileage and tire wear were about equal between the 2 cars.
Without saving. The Laferrari should only have about 60% of the range that the Huayra has. What fuel setting are you running the Laferrari on to get that kind of mileage?

Without saving. The Laferrari should only have about 60% of the range that the Huayra has. What fuel setting are you running the Laferrari on to get that kind of mileage?

Fuel map 1, I think the off throttle time here really cuts down on fuel use, because the tires have approximately zero grip you spend a lot of time rolling thru corners off throttle. It seems to me that the Ferrari may get about 1 lap less than us on a tank of fuel. I didn't try any other fuel maps on either car, I thought that it would cost too much lap time here, your either braking and coasting or at WOT it seems like.

Last edited:
@Jarkulary @fastone371
@rhcpeppers
Alright for those of you who run this series too. Saturday June 12th is next for this series. Here's the details again below.

Just because this is an oval race doesn't mean it will be easy. This will be an old school oval race. This race will be without racing tires and will be ran with an unbalanced field instead of all the cars have near identical performance.

So make sure you get some laps on track. Oh, and don't forget about the 100 mph pit speed limit.

Next Race

Race 9 - June 12th, 2021
Blue Moon Bay 250 Miles

Blue Moon Bay Speedway
126 Laps, Conditions 13:00 Afternoon, Fine
Rolling Start
Tires x4 Fuel x2
Fuel At Start 94%
Corner Penalties None
Qualifying Time: 10 Minutes

Last edited:
Fuel map 1, I think the off throttle time here really cuts down on fuel use, because the tires have approximately zero grip you spend a lot of time rolling thru corners off throttle. It seems to me that the Ferrari may get about 1 lap less than us on a tank of fuel. I didn't try any other fuel maps on either car, I thought that it would cost too much lap time here, your either braking and coasting or at WOT it seems like.
I ran 42 lap race n700 AI with the Laferrari. I could get about 18.5 laps out of the car. I tried to 19 laps the first time and run out halfway around. The AI Huayra got about 21 to 22 laps on fuel. I'm not sure where you're getting the extra miles from. Are you not shifting back to 6th when you exit turn 2?

Yes the Laferrari is getting better mileage here but, you should have to lift and coast with the Huayra too. So you I not sure how your only get more laps out the Laferrari. Anyways I have to do a race with the Huayra another day.

Did learn something else from this too. The Laferrari battery charge may last the full. Apparently the braking into turn 1 & 3 are not enough to fully replenish the battery. This might mean that acceleration advantage may last the full 126 lap race.

I’m questionable for the next race this coming weekend for this series. Who’s for sure running?
I am and I think fastone371 has confirmed. I haven't heard from rhcpeppers but, I'm sure he'll show. We all get 4 weeks off after this race. Next race for either series is July 10th.

Last edited:
I will be there this Saturday, although probably a few laps down by the end. I don't think my F1 '94 has the pace to keep up :).
Acceleration is key here for these cars. So unfortunately you probably won't have pace on track. The F1 is much more forgiving into the braking zones than the Huayra or Laferrari. That will be where you have to make your time. Good fuel economy could help too but, I don't have far you can run with automatic shifting.

@Jarkulary @fastone371
@rhcpeppers

I did some fuel mileage testing with all 3 cars. I decided to share my findings with everyone. I ran all 3 cars on fuel map 1 the entire time and with manual shifting. Did run the Laferrari with TCS 1. Don't forget you'll be a lap or 2 short your first stint.

Ferrari Laferrari: Range 18 laps

Pagani Huayra: Range 22 - 23 laps

McLaren F1: Range 20 - 21 laps

The Huayra and F1 can probably make that extra lap with little conservative driving but, you'll be on fumes entering the pit.

As for how they drive the Laferrari is as unforgiving as always and will require the earliest brake points. No later than end of Apex logo before the 200 meter maker board for turn 1 but, recommend a bit earlier than that for better control in turn 1 It drives well in turn 2 but, it's terrifying in both turns 1 and 3. If had to pick I would say turn 1 is worse but, it's pretty close.

The Huayra is a little understeery here but, not to bad. I little better in braking zones than the Laferrari. The 200 meter maker board is about the point of no return for turn 1. I would say turn 2 is the worst turn for this car. It struggles to still low without scrubbing too much speed. It's okay in turn 1 and understeers a bit in turn 3. I recommend some rear brake.

The McLaren F1 handling is wonderful. It doesn't have the acceleration of the other cars but, it is king of braking. This car can brake at the beginning of Apex logo before the 100 meter maker board and still make the turn. I recommend braking early to get it lower into the turn. It can take turn 2 flat its entire stint. Just don't touch the apron. A late apex line works really well for this car in turn 1 to get a good launch out. The low banked turn 3 is the worst turn for this car. As it's 27 year old suspension shows it's age. Some rear brake may help but, could hurt turn 1. And yet compared the Laferrari it's still great in turn 3.

@Jarkulary @fastone371
@rhcpeppers

I did some fuel mileage testing with all 3 cars. I decided to share my findings with everyone. I ran all 3 cars on fuel map 1 the entire time and with manual shifting. Did run the Laferrari with TCS 1. Don't forget you'll be a lap or 2 short your first stint.

Ferrari Laferrari: Range 18 laps

Pagani Huayra: Range 22 - 23 laps

McLaren F1: Range 20 - 21 laps

The Huayra and F1 can probably make that extra lap with little conservative driving but, you'll be on fumes entering the pit.

As for how they drive the Laferrari is as unforgiving as always and will require the earliest brake points. No later than end of Apex logo before the 200 meter maker board for turn 1 but, recommend a bit earlier than that for better control in turn 1 It drives well in turn 2 but, it's terrifying in both turns 1 and 3. If had to pick I would say turn 1 is worse but, it's pretty close.

The Huayra is a little understeery here but, not to bad. I little better in braking zones than the Laferrari. The 200 meter maker board is about the point of no return for turn 1. I would say turn 2 is the worst turn for this car. It struggles to still low without scrubbing too much speed. It's okay in turn 1 and understeers a bit in turn 3. I recommend some rear brake.

The McLaren F1 handling is wonderful. It doesn't have the acceleration of the other cars but, it is king of braking. This car can brake at the beginning of Apex logo before the 100 meter maker board and still make the turn. I recommend braking early to get it lower into the turn. It can take turn 2 flat its entire stint. Just don't touch the apron. A late apex line works really well for this car in turn 1 to get a good launch out. The low banked turn 3 is the worst turn for this car. As it's 27 year old suspension shows it's age. Some rear brake may help but, could hurt turn 1. And yet compared the Laferrari it's still great in turn 3.

Were you short shifting the Ferrari?? I think because it's a hybrid you can shift about halfway up the REV bar without losing much speed and it saves a ton of fuel.

Were you short shifting the Ferrari?? I think because it's a hybrid you can shift about halfway up the REV bar without losing much speed and it saves a ton of fuel.
No I wasn't trying to save fuel by any means with each car for a fair as possible test. This is the result of trying to drive each at it's maximum performance.

I also just started using manual shifting regularly in December. So I'm not an expert at it yet. That explains how Jarkulary has been getting the fuel mileage he has been.

I did do a 4th test with the Bugatti Veyron to what is like here if son_love_u_moms didn't leave the series. It can run 14 laps on fuel and is only about a tenth of a second of a faster than the McLaren F1 due to it understeers a lot everywhere. It is much harder to keep consist pace than the with F1 too.

Last edited:
I did some more practice last night and I'm going to give the manual transmission a try for this race. If I'm going to be riding around by myself in the back, then I may as well take the opportunity to get some manual trans practice and to see how far I can stretch the fuel mileage. With 126 laps and really only 2 turns (since I can take "turn 2" flat out in this car), I should be able to get into a pretty good rhythm with the gear-shifting despite my lack of experience with it :).

I did some more practice last night and I'm going to give the manual transmission a try for this race. If I'm going to be riding around by myself in the back, then I may as well take the opportunity to get some manual trans practice and to see how far I can stretch the fuel mileage. With 126 laps and really only 2 turns (since I can take "turn 2" flat out in this car), I should be able to get into a pretty good rhythm with the gear-shifting despite my lack of experience with it :).
Yeah unfortunately I think you're betting on the rest of us making mistakes. The McLaren F1 isn't a terrible car to learn manual with. Though since it's geared very wide it doesn't have a lot of torque left if you let drop below it's power band.

Why dont you switch cars so you can mix it up with us? The Hyura and Ferrari are the only 2 competitive cars. If your resigned to finishing at the rear points really dont matter so there is no downside to swapping cars. I switched cars after the first race and then missed the next 2 races and Im gaining ground on Coldwarrior and Jarkulary with a lot of racing left to go.

Why dont you switch cars so you can mix it up with us? The Hyura and Ferrari are the only 2 competitive cars. If your resigned to finishing at the rear points really dont matter so there is no downside to swapping cars. I switched cars after the first race and then missed the next 2 races and Im gaining ground on Coldwarrior and Jarkulary with a lot of racing left to go.
He didn't want to run the same car as someone else. And request something pretty easy to drive. So I suggest the F1 to him. It's wide gearing will make it good starter car learning manual shifting. He also started 5 races in so he has non to spare. If he switches cars he'll lose that race and won't make the 10 race count for a full season.

I'm 2 races away from my 10 race cap. After that I can Only improve if I beat a previous score. Jarkulary has 3 left since he missed Tokyo Central.

PS_App_20210613_024159.jpeg

Race 9 Results

Pole Award: fastone371

Winner: Cold Warrior

Fastest Lap: Cold Warrior

No incidents reported

Drivers Standings

9 of 14 races, Best of 10 races count.

1st. TheColdWarriors 101 pts, 9 of 10 races
2nd. Jarkulary 90 pts, 7 of 10 races
3rd. fastone371 80 pts, 6 of 10 races
4th. redhotcpeppers 48 pts, 5 of 10 races
5th. son_love_u_moms 6 pts, 1 of 10 races​

@Jarkulary @fastone371
@rhcpeppers

Next Race

Race 10 - July 17th, 2021
90 Minutes of Tokyo Expressway East
Tokyo Expressway - East Outer Loop
90 Minutes, Conditions 18:00 Twilight, Rain (Heavy Wet)
Grid Start
Tires x4 Fuel x2
Fuel At Start 93%
Corner Penalties Strong
Qualifying Time: 12 minutes

This will probably of the most difficult race of this series. Not only do to heavy wet conditions but, also the turn 1 braking zone. Over 200 mph down too about 60 mph. Though the it's as heavy of a braking zone as braking for the 40 mph hairpin for Inner Loop version of the east layout. That so commonly shows up for road car events in Classic GT mode thingy. It will still require you to brake well in advance of the corner. The yellow 100 meter maker board is way too late. With ad from red flashing gear indicator that Gran Turismo nicely added in Gran Turismo. I recommend you try using one of the overhead sign as you cue to start braking.

@Jarkulary @fastone371
@rhcpeppers

Next Race

Race 10 - July 17th, 2021

90 Minutes of Tokyo Expressway East

Tokyo Expressway - East Outer Loop
90 Minutes, Conditions 18:00 Twilight, Rain (Heavy Wet)
Grid Start
Tires x4 Fuel x2
Fuel At Start 93%
Corner Penalties Strong
Qualifying Time: 12 minutes

This will probably of the most difficult race of this series. Not only do to heavy wet conditions but, also the turn 1 braking zone. Over 200 mph down too about 60 mph. Though the it's as heavy of a braking zone as braking for the 40 mph hairpin for Inner Loop version of the east layout. That so commonly shows up for road car events in Classic GT mode thingy. It will still require you to brake well in advance of the corner. The yellow 100 meter maker board is way too late. With ad from red flashing gear indicator that Gran Turismo nicely added in Gran Turismo. I recommend you try using one of the overhead sign as you cue to start braking.
I did some testing for this race today and discovered that even with heavy damage that car damage is not enough of a penalty. I ran my fastest lap with front and rear aero damage and suspension damage at 3 or 4 corners, all but the RR had suspension damage. The speeds are so God awful slow that I believe we need to run wall contact penalties, its just too easy to run a fast lap here with these conditions and tires and incur damage that will not adequately slow the car. It is supposed to be a disadvantage to bounce off of the walls not an advantage.

I did some testing for this race today and discovered that even with heavy damage that car damage is not enough of a penalty. I ran my fastest lap with front and rear aero damage and suspension damage at 3 or 4 corners, all but the RR had suspension damage. The speeds are so God awful slow that I believe we need to run wall contact penalties, its just too easy to run a fast lap here with these conditions and tires and incur damage that will not adequately slow the car. It is supposed to be a disadvantage to bounce off of the walls not an advantage.

I don't really like using wall penalties because they are inconsistent. I have similar reasons to why I don't use contact penalties. Corner penalties are at least consistent on each track. Plus I do review the replays for this series especially. With the pit speed limit.

Why you don't trust yourself? Besides you and me, the only others that race this series are Jarkulary and rhcpeppers. Neither of which of shown me reason to believe they would intentionally cheat. It is also stated in the rules for both series that you will be penalized for taking advantage of corner cutting or another dishonest practices whether it's intentional or not.

By the way what do you think of the GT Planet update so far?

Last edited:
I don't really like using wall penalties because they are inconsistent. I have similar reasons to why I don't use contact penalties. Corner penalties are at least consistent on each track. Plus I do review the replays for this series especially. With the pit speed limit.

Why you don't trust yourself? Besides you and me, the only others that race this series are Jarkulary and rhcpeppers. Neither of which of shown me reason to believe they would intentionally cheat. It is also stated in the rules for both series that you will be penalized for taking advantage of corner cutting or another dishonest practices whether it's intentional or not.

By the way what do you think of the GT Planet update so far?
I hate the GT Planet update.

What exactly is the penalty for hitting the wall in this race?? Racing is about going as fast as you can without damaging your car, in this race there is basically no penalty for hitting the wall, thats not racing, thats an arcade game. If we are keeping it realistic by using these unrealistic tires there needs to be a penalty for wall contact, heavy damage is not a penalty unless you have to stop immediately after it happens. I could live with that rule too.

Which brings me to a point that I have been wanting to make about these Sports tires and how unrealistic they are. A couple of weeks ago I installed a fuel system on a 2020 Mustang Shelby 500. The car is over 1,000 HP with tuning and aftermarket parts but a stock block and heads. I got to drive the car after I was finished, if real tires were anything like the Sport tires in the game I can assure you that this car would not have been drivable on the street with original tires. The owner has a youtube page that I will see if I can find if you are interested, apparently this particular car is a big deal in the Ford world.

Back