Cold Warrior's Gran Turismo Sport Event Archives

I will switch to Ferrari for the last race, shoulda done it earlier.
@Jarkulary, I watched the replay from last night as suggested only to discover that the Ferrari is easier on tires than the Hyuara!!!! And I am easier on my tires than almost anyone. That's what I get for listening to Cold who kept telling me that I didn't want the Ferrari cause it was hard on tires and hard to drive. SMH!!!
I can't let you go through with the bet. At least not for this next race. After doing so math. I figured out you do still do have a shot at this championship. You can't do it if you give up a race to switch to the Laferrari though. If the championship is decided at Dragon Trail Gardens. I might turn the final race into a one make special for the Honda S660.

The Laferrari only has better front tires wear because it lighter than the Huayra. It burns it's rears off a lot faster do to the wheelspin. Jarkulary was likely using fuel mapping and possibly some TCS to help combat it. Also the Laferrari is hard to drive.

@Jarkulary @fastone371
@rhcpeppers
Sharing_210926_191212_1.jpg

I can't let you go through with the bet. At least not for this next race. After doing so math. I figured out you do still do have a shot at this championship. You can't do it if you give up a race to switch to the Laferrari though. If the championship is decided at Dragon Trail Gardens. I might turn the final race into a one make special for the Honda S660.

The Laferrari only has better front tires wear because it lighter than the Huayra. It burns it's rears off a lot faster do to the wheelspin. Jarkulary was likely using fuel mapping and possibly some TCS to help combat it. Also the Laferrari is hard to drive.
Cmon, hard to drive?? I went 2 1/2 seconds faster with the Ferrari at St. Croix than my best time in the Hyuara and that was after many laps in the Hyuara and 1 out lap and only 1 timed lap with the Ferrari. My best was a 3:39 in the Hyuara compared to a 3:37 in the Ferrari. I map the fuel down in the Ferrari as there isn't enough traction to use all the power, it saves fuel and tire wear without slowing lap times and top speed stays about the same. If we could tune the suspension the Ferrari would really be a beast, I bet I could have run in the 34's or 33's, maybe even quicker. The front shocks and springs are way too soft up front. Plus when map the fuel it really reduces tire wear. I ran some laps in it Sunday morning and was very surprised at how long tires could last. The Mac should be allowed a power increase to get on terms with the other cars, I toyed with that one a little at St. Croix on Sunday and even though it handles the best I could only manage a 3:43 with it cause of the lack of power. Of course with a power increase it won't handle quite as well either. I think the biggest change to the Hyuara would be a gear change to pick up lap time.

I will make a race time decision on the car I drive at the last race, I will probably stick with the Hyuara, it only seems to be about 1 second behind the Ferrari, I might be able to work with that. Tires will go away long before fuel does at Gardens. Is the Xbow a Supercar? I could be competitive with that thing and some offsetting strategy too, I toyed around with it yesterday. I think the series would have been more interesting if the the cars were allowed to be tuned to make them all competitive, there is very little wheel to wheel racing here but some great racing in the MSN league where the cars are much more even.

Cmon, hard to drive?? I went 2 1/2 seconds faster with the Ferrari at St. Croix than my best time in the Hyuara and that was after many laps in the Hyuara and 1 out lap and only 1 timed lap with the Ferrari. My best was a 3:39 in the Hyuara compared to a 3:37 in the Ferrari. I map the fuel down in the Ferrari as there isn't enough traction to use all the power, it saves fuel and tire wear without slowing lap times and top speed stays about the same. If we could tune the suspension the Ferrari would really be a beast, I bet I could have run in the 34's or 33's, maybe even quicker. The front shocks and springs are way too soft up front. Plus when map the fuel it really reduces tire wear. I ran some laps in it Sunday morning and was very surprised at how long tires could last. The Mac should be allowed a power increase to get on terms with the other cars, I toyed with that one a little at St. Croix on Sunday and even though it handles the best I could only manage a 3:43 with it cause of the lack of power. Of course with a power increase it won't handle quite as well either. I think the biggest change to the Hyuara would be a gear change to pick up lap time.

I will make a race time decision on the car I drive at the last race, I will probably stick with the Hyuara, it only seems to be about 1 second behind the Ferrari, I might be able to work with that. Tires will go away long before fuel does at Gardens. Is the Xbow a Supercar? I could be competitive with that thing and some offsetting strategy too, I toyed around with it yesterday. I think the series would have been more interesting if the the cars were allowed to be tuned to make them all competitive, there is very little wheel to wheel racing here but some great racing in the MSN league where the cars are much more even.
The point of this series was to find best overall street legal car in the game. At factory performance levels. Apparently this goes to the Laferrari if you can drive it. I suggested the McLaren F1 to Peppers because he didn't want run that same car as someone else. There are few options that might be have been a little faster but, I suggest F1 based on the handling of his Gr.3 and Gr.4 preferences.

If you change to the Laferrari. The Car Change Policy will be applied and you'll lose that race. You need both races to have a chance.

Jarkulary needs a score of at least 12 points to best his SSRX result by 7 points in one of the next 2 races to lock up the championship. However he did say before last race he might not be able to make one of the 2 next races but, didn't if it was the Rinsky's MSN race or the next Supercar.

If Jarkulary fails to show at the Gardens and you max score the race with 15 points for the win and the bonus points you'll within 3 points of Jarkulary. That race will require both of you to have to best a previous score. In your case you would have best last race at St Croix which was your worst score do to the speeding violations.

Last edited:
The point of this series was to find best overall street legal car in the game. At factory performance levels. Apparently this goes to the Laferrari if you can drive it. I suggested the McLaren F1 to Peppers because he didn't want run that same car as someone else. There are few options that might be have been a little faster but, I suggest F1 based on the handling of his Gr.3 and Gr.4 preferences.

If you change to the Laferrari. The Car Change Policy will be applied and you'll lose that race. You need both races to have a chance.

Jarkulary needs a score of at least 12 points to best his SSRX result by 7 points in one of the next 2 races to lock up the championship. However he did say before last race he might not be able to make one of the 2 next races but, didn't if it was the Rinsky's MSN race or the next Supercar.

If Jarkulary fails to show at the Gardens and you max score the race with 15 points for the win and the bonus points you'll within 3 points of Jarkulary. That race will require both of you to have to best a previous score. In your case you would have best last race at St Croix which was your worst score do to the speeding violations.
Don't know that I am worried about championship scores, if I was I wouldn't have sat out the 2nd and 3rd race because I didnt care for the series that much and was debating if I was going to continue. I also hate that friggin pit lane speed, hard to remember because its the only GTS series in the world that you need to remember a pitlane speed. Might as well mark me down for a few more violations at the next race too. Maybe if we are to keep it real the white line track limits should be in effect too. I can assure you I wont get fast lap or pole without using the Ferrari, my guess is that Jark wasn't using fuel mapping until sometime after I mentioned that I was using it at Maggiore and went fastest on fuel map 2. Sometime after that he started making the fuel last much longer and probably discovered he can actually go faster by not over powering the tires so much and it eases up on tire wear too.

Don't know that I am worried about championship scores, if I was I wouldn't have sat out the 2nd and 3rd race because I didnt care for the series that much and was debating if I was going to continue. I also hate that friggin pit lane speed, hard to remember because its the only GTS series in the world that you need to remember a pitlane speed. Might as well mark me down for a few more violations at the next race too. Maybe if we are to keep it real the white line track limits should be in effect too. I can assure you I wont get fast lap or pole without using the Ferrari, my guess is that Jark wasn't using fuel mapping until sometime after I mentioned that I was using it at Maggiore and went fastest on fuel map 2. Sometime after that he started making the fuel last much longer and probably discovered he can actually go faster by not over powering the tires so much and it eases up on tire wear too.
I thought you were out for the holidays. I installed the pit speeding violations to make pits stops more costly before PDI finally did it themselves. I remind everyone before each race including the last one.

You at least have a chance if you run the Huayra. You can't do it with one race. If Jarkulary can't make the race at Dragon Trail Gardens. That will get you a freebie for points. Not that I won't try to prevent it. Then that would leave Tokyo Expressway South Inner Loop. Which will be a difficult track with these cars. Jarkulary has said he's not good on the Tokyo tracks.

Unfortunately that spread sheet is very hard to read, at normal font size the font is too small, when I increase the font size it gets blurry. I'm using a lap top to see the screen, not a phone.
Yeah I thought it might be a problem. It took half a day to figure out how to transfer the spreadsheet to GT Planet. I'm not sure how make it larger and more visible. I'm not great with computers and technology.

@rhcpeppers After some math. You are not mathematically capable of catching anyone in this series. Nor could anyone else start an earn enough points to pass you in 2 races. Since it longer matters for you. Your welcome to any car you want to within the rules at Dragon Trail Gardens.

If the championship is locked up for everyone else after the Gardens. I'm turn the Tokyo South in to a special event race to fulfill a request of Fastone's.

I thought you were out for the holidays. I installed the pit speeding violations to make pits stops more costly before PDI finally did it themselves. I remind everyone before each race including the last one.

You at least have a chance if you run the Huayra. You can't do it with one race. If Jarkulary can't make the race at Dragon Trail Gardens. That will get you a freebie for points. Not that I won't try to prevent it. Then that would leave Tokyo Expressway South Inner Loop. Which will be a difficult track with these cars. Jarkulary has said he's not good on the Tokyo tracks.
Even with the reminder I forget about the speed limit because it is something that applies nowhere else, all I'm worried about during the race is running consistent lap times and trying to figure out strategy as the race evolves.

Yeah I thought it might be a problem. It took half a day to figure out how to transfer the spreadsheet to GT Planet. I'm not sure how make it larger and more visible. I'm not great with computers and technology.
That is a particular weak spot for me too but feel free to ask if you need help, my wife is pretty handy with that stuff.

@rhcpeppers After some math. You are not mathematically capable of catching anyone in this series. Nor could anyone else start an earn enough points to pass you in 2 races. Since it longer matters for you. Your welcome to any car you want to within the rules at Dragon Trail Gardens.

If the championship is locked up for everyone else after the Gardens. I'm turn the Tokyo South in to a special event race to fulfill a request of Fastone's.
The Fittipaldi is a cool car that is way under used in the game, that would be a great 1 make car.

Even with the reminder I forget about the speed limit because it is something that applies nowhere else, all I'm worried about during the race is running consistent lap times and trying to figure out strategy as the race evolves.
I'm surprised more leagues don't when so many leagues go throw trouble of regulating liveries. I don't know of any real racing series now days that allows you into the pits at full speed.

That is a particular weak spot for me too but feel free to ask if you need help, my wife is pretty handy with that stuff.
You realize I would at least need your email to able to send the spreadsheet. I will leave the decision of whether or not your willing to give me your email address. I recommend posting either through a private conversation on GT Planet or through PSN messager.

The Fittipaldi is a cool car that is way under used in the game, that would be a great 1 make car.
I have already picked the car I would choose for the one make. Even if I decide to change it the car will still be within the regulations of this series. Which the Fittipaldi is not eligible for.

Last edited:
I reckon that this track will be hard on tires.
I reckon this track being a more difficult then I remember from testing a year ago. I did say I put what I thought would the more difficult tracks towards the end of season. It doesn't help that all road car races in GT Leagues here are on the reverse course. This could be a race of mistakes.

I'm amazed how little grip this place has to even compared to neighboring Seaside course. Very technical with a lot of heavy braking zones with little run off room. Most of turns flat or even off camber.

I reckon this track being a more difficult then I remember from testing a year ago. I did say I put what I thought would the more difficult tracks towards the end of season. It doesn't help that all road car races in GT Leagues here are on the reverse course. This could be a race of mistakes.

I'm amazed how little grip this place has to even compared to neighboring Seaside course. Very technical with a lot of heavy braking zones with little run off room. Most of turns flat or even off camber.
The race is listed as Gardens, not Gardens II, we will be going counter clockwise, correct?? That is the standard direction for this race, the reverse layout would be racing clockwise around the course. I hope that I was practicing in the correct direction.

The race is listed as Gardens, not Gardens II, we will be going counter clockwise, correct?? That is the standard direction for this race, the reverse layout would be racing clockwise around the course. I hope that I was practicing in the correct direction.
The forward layout is what we will be using for this race.

Given this, I may as well give the La Ferrari a chance tomorrow. I practiced some last night. It is definitely a handful, but even with me sliding around the track, I am still 2 seconds faster per lap in it than my best times in the McLaren. We'll see how it goes!

Given this, I may as well give the La Ferrari a chance tomorrow. I practiced some last night. It is definitely a handful, but even with me sliding around the track, I am still 2 seconds faster per lap in it than my best times in the McLaren. We'll see how it goes!
Make sure you get the braking zones down. Not a lot of room for error. Even under cloud cover grip is very low.

best thing you can do is take care of the tires as best as you possibly can 100% of the time or they will be gone real quick. Focus on never sliding or spinning the tires. Just try to be consistent and keep it together the whole time. Only race I've never made a significant mistake in was the previous supercar race. Had I made a mistake I would have gotten 2nd, no doubt.

best thing you can do is take care of the tires as best as you possibly can 100% of the time or they will be gone real quick. Focus on never sliding or spinning the tires. Just try to be consistent and keep it together the whole time. Only race I've never made a significant mistake in was the previous supercar race. Had I made a mistake I would have gotten 2nd, no doubt.
This is a more difficult track with these cars than I remember from testing. I did put many of the more difficult tracks towards the end of season. Make sure you show up early if you didn't get time to practice.

@Jarkulary @fastone371
@rhcpeppers
17c68738ab769-5480FD005923751F4DC.3C939E816FDAA51D_message_418260005446983_1633828146277.jpg

Race 13 Results

Pole Award: Jarkulary
Race Winner: fastone371
Fastest Lap: rhcpeppers

Race Incident Reports:

Jarkulary: DNF, Do to a battery failure.

TheColdWarriors: Pit Entry Speeding violation, -2 points penalty

Notes:

Fastone371 has reached the 10 race scoring limit. Must now best previous race to score points.

Jarkulary earned 4 points by besting a previous score.

Cold Warrior failed to best a previous score. Earns no points for Race 13.

rhcpeppers was under the Car Change Policy. No points earned for Race 13.

Drivers Standings

13 of 14 races, Best of 10 races count.

1st. Jarkulary 139 pts, 10 of 10 races
2nd. TheColdWarriors 118 pts, 10 of 10 races
3rd. fastone371 130 pts, 10 of 10 races
4th. redhotcpeppers 72 pts, 8 of 10 races
5th. son_love_u_moms 6 pts, 1 of 10 races​

Last edited:
@fastone371
The championship scenario for you is very slim but, it does exist. Since you have reached the 10 race score limit. Your ability to earn points is more difficult but, a path is there. Since you must best a previous score. And you will only gain what you beat it by.

You are 9 points behind Jarkulary. Since he has the tie breaker. You must beat him by at least 1 point to take. Due to your pit speeding violations. Your lowest points score was at Sainte-Croix C with a score only 7 points. You must beat this score by 10 points. Meaning you must max score at Tokyo Expressway South Inner Loop. The race win and both bonus points. Even if Jarkulary doesn't race the last race and some else takes one of the bonuse points. You'll still lose due to the tie breaker.

Jarkulary's scenario since he also must best a previous score starting with this last race. He just beat his previous lowest score from the SSRX race. Only scored 5 points due to pit speeding violations. This race at Dragon Trail Gardens just became his new lowest score of 9 points. Jarkulary must only best this score by 1 point. He would only need 3rd place finish with no bonus points. By doing so he would take the championship regardless of what you score.

Since this is the championship scenario is very slim and your the one who requested a slow car race. I ask do want to fight until the end with this slim chance? Or do want concede the championship too Jarkulary?

I can just fake some political BS for a reason we can't run the race with cars. Rhcpeppers and I are incapable of changing positions in the points. So the last race doesn't matter to us points. I don't even have a run the Huayra if I choose not too.

Last edited:
@fastone371
The championship scenario for you is very slim but, it does exist. Since you have reached the 10 race score limit. Your ability to earn points is more difficult but, a path is there. Since you must best a previous score. And you will only gain what you beat it by.

You are 9 points behind Jarkulary. Since he has the tie breaker. You must beat him by at least 1 point to take. Due to your pit speeding violations. Your lowest points score was at Sainte-Croix C with a score only 7 points. You must beat this score by 10 points. Meaning you must max score at Tokyo Expressway South Inner Loop. The race win and both bonus points. Even if Jarkulary doesn't race the last race and some else takes one of the bonuse points. You'll still lose due to the tie breaker.

Jarkulary's scenario since he also must best a previous score starting with this last race. He just beat his previous lowest score from the SSRX race. Only scored 5 points due to pit speeding violations. This race at Dragon Trail Gardens just became his new lowest score of 9 points. Jarkulary must only best this score by 1 point. He would only need 3rd place finish with no bonus points. By doing so he would take the championship regardless of what you score.

Since this is the championship scenario is very slim and your the one who requested a slow car race. I ask do want to fight until the end with this slim chance? Or do want concede the championship too Jarkulary?

I can just fake some political BS for a reason we can't run the race with cars. Rhcpeppers and I are incapable of changing positions in the points. So the last race doesn't matter to us points. I don't even have a run the Huayra if I choose not too.
No, the championship doesn't really matter to me as I have said all along.
Congrats to Jarkulary for winning the championship, well done!!

Back