come on people!

• Thread starter absjazz
  • 8 comments
ABSjazz
dont you all think its kind of early to get all hyped up about GT5? GT4 came out no too long ago, and were already going crazy. jus my opinion. i dont want to come across as ofensive to anyone though. :)

I can’t see what’s wrong about getting exited about GT5 and express what do you want to see in the next Gran Turismo game.
Better now then at the last month of development, so that they know what we want most.

You do realize that PD is working on it now, I almost gaurantee it. It's the best time to do it if you think about it. They have up to date data on some 740 cars, all the photos taken for each track(around 35,000 pics per track) and car (around 700 pics from every concievable angle for each car). They will most likely use the same phisics engine because it has been in developement for years and is outputting realistic test results. (I heard some manufacturers did tests on concepts in reality and w/ the GT4 physics engine and got very similiar reasults) Why throw all that work out. For GT5, all they need to do is improve graphics(which is mind boggling in itself, as they're so good now), add tracks and cars, and maybe some more features, like customization/Race modification, etc.

bringtherain
They will most likely use the same phisics engine because it has been in developement for years and is outputting realistic test results.

im not sure they will use the 'exact' same physics engine, because if crash/damage modelling is implimented, it will require some serious reworking. the same applies for the graphics engine. myself and other forum members have hypothesised that gt4 is infact gt5 downgraded for the ps2. so if we are correct, then it is logical to think that what we are palying now will not really be anything like gt5.

-> So whats wrong making threads about GT5? I think its a good time speculate on whats next for PD while we still play GT4. (:

I expect them to improve the physics quite a bit more. the PS2 has over ten times less physics rendering power than the PS3. they speculate they can add a lot more things. more realistic tyre physics, weight balance, etc etc...

Back