Comparing GT4 & Forza tracks

Discussion in 'Forza Motorsport 1' started by VXSSII, May 11, 2005.

1. VXSSII

VXSSII

4 tracks, Tsubuka, Laguna, New York & Nurburgring are in both games. The main differences visually is that the graphics in Forza are bigger, brighter & more colorful. There is also alot going on and the tracks just look 'busier'. In GT4 the graphics though more realistic, are blander and grayer and just seems to be dead boring to look at. I have watched a dozen replays in Forza, only watched 1 in GT4.

I also noticed that the tracks are wider and the cars appear larger on the track. The dipper at Laguna is fun to drive on and you can actually 'feel' the dip, but in GT4, the dipper seems small and insignificant & you can easily drive over it.

If I had a choice in which version of the tracks to visit, I know which one I'd choose!!

FORZA FORZA FORZA :) :) :)

2. The Ernster

The Ernster

The tracks are slightly wider to accomodate the 8 cars racing online and what not.

I find driving the tracks on Forza is a bit more nerve wracking. Running off the track, adding more time during your hot laps keeps me on the edge of my seat. I also find it alot more fun to race too.

3. Ronnn

Ronnn

actually, looking at the back ground, i feel GT4 is a lot better, and i am just opposite as VXSSII, i actually watch the reply of GT4, but i only watched few replay of Forza, not that it looks bad, i just don't like the angle of it's replay.

but Forza, you can feel the road is uneven, especially you can hear the bottom scratching the road surface

4. BlackZ28

BlackZ28

nurb on forza is badass
    i choose forza... i enjoy them more for some reason.

5. mikeheikesr

mikeheikesr

the first time i did the new york track. i was like damn look at all the signs that have animation and look goog and clear compared to GT4

6. D2 Convection

D2 Convection

Unfortunately I don't have an Xbox. Is there anyone that can put up a video replay of one of the forementioned Forza tracks?

7. 98cobra

98cobra

I feel that Tsukuba, New York, and Laguna Seca look way better than the GT4 tracks, but I think Nurburgring looks better on GT4. Forzas is just to dark or something and the rumble strips are huge.

8. Damestic89

Damestic89

Forza all around. NYC is amazing.

9. PS

PS (Banned)

Yah, I've noticed the rumble strips are amazingly large in Forza. I was doing about 130 in my Elise, weighing in at an amazing 995kg (est) and I hit the rumble strip as i was doing the chicane in tokyo, and my car literally flipped over. The only time that has happened was in Tokyo, and on the nurburgring. Crazyness. Once my car flipped over in SRS (street racing sindycate) too, with an S202.

10. 98cobra

98cobra

Wow; I didn't know the cars could flip over.

11. Max_DC

Max_DC

Forza tracks are wider, and more colorful... they made it the American way... nevtheless GT4 tracks have the exact real life dimensions, with less than an inch difference...
    I prefer the real thing.....

12. wanganfd3s

wanganfd3s

I was totaly gutted at the ring in forza, Its the width of a motorway and smooth as a ice ring, well theres a few bumps but come on!!!!!!!

13. McLaren

McLaren Premium

The Tokyo and Sunset Peninsula are definately my favorite tracks.

14. Nismo_Mike

Nismo_Mike

Whats up with the lap time difference in the 2 games though.

I mean as an example in the same 05 Mustang Gt I have with about the same horsepower in both Forza and Gt4. In Gt4 it takes me 1:25 secs to get around Laguna Seca, and in Forza about 1:38+

Is it a difference in physics, I can just take turns faster in Gt4, And I thought Forza controls were leaning on the more Arcady.

15. WeAreN1nja

WeAreN1nja

In general, I prefer GT4's courses to Forza's, they have a grittier, more realistic feel to them IMO. The 'Ring, the fantasy tracks, Laguna Seca; all feel more "involved" then the courses in Forza...

16. 98cobra

98cobra

I don't know why. But the SCCA 400hp Mustangs lap times were around 1'39-1'41 seconds around Laguna.

17. D2 Convection

D2 Convection

New York is way better in Forza than in GT. I mean visually better. It is just so much more entertaining to race. Same with Tsukuba.

As for the tracks all around, the GT tracks are waaay nicer overall. I really like they way they feel and look. But Forza has stole my soul and won't give it back so that's just too bad for GT.

Besides, GT doesn't have uphill or downhill tracks, which I really like (oh and it lacks online play, minor undersite).

18. PS

PS (Banned)

I think perhaps we should compare real life times to Forza and GT4 and see which is closer instead...

19. Driftster

Driftster

Well Forza is a more driver oriented game..People say it's more forgiving, but it's much easier to bog your transmission out, fall out of a power curve or lower your lap times just by hitting the grass.. GT doesn't allow for that. As for track dimensions i'm sure GT4 is damn near spot on, as for track accuracy I don't know, because there's some locations on certain maps that were just eleviated out..Ie sections on Leguna...Not to mention GT has had 4 installments to get those maps dimensions right......And GT4 it seems like when you hit a rumble strip..your tranction increases....Which makes no sense...but....Oh well...Both alright games, but I'm playin forza..not GT4

20. Devedander

Devedander

I agree but there are so many things to account for... driving ability and car stats being the biggest.

But especially in forza where tire temp, track temp, engine damage and aero all play a big part too... Tough to call. I would have to say you need an experienced race driver to play both and see what he says... and then only if he is good at video games and can work both controllers equally well.

21. Nismo_Mike

Nismo_Mike

I guess then Forza has more realistic physics. You just gave us proff.

22. Arwin

Arwin

Hmm, so far we've been comparing GT4 laptimes to the real thing and found differences rarely bigger than 1 second, only occasionally more if a particularly fast GT4 driver was involved where we have to take into account that a GT4 driver doesn't have to fear for the car or his own life.

That sometimes your traction seems to increase when you drive on a curb is correct, because as your car lifts the angles at which your wheel connect with the track surface changes which influences your camber.

23. katana87

katana87

the fear thing i dont think it is true at all i was watching the GP of Monaco about a month ago and the F1s got around 1'14-1'20 and i drove that in GT4 and my fastest lap was about 1'14.211 the fastest lap was 1'14.439 so that just says that it has nothing to do with fear. :dopey:

24. katana87

katana87

ITS ALL TRUE!!! :tup:
    are you really in Germany?

25. katana87

katana87

i still dont get the point i know new york looks bad in GT4 but who cares if you zooming by, its not like your going to stop in the middle of a race and look at the buildings

26. katana87

katana87

hey think about it if GT4 had online play i think it would be sold out because it was big enough without it having it and i bet if it had it mostly everybody would prefer it

27. Devedander

Devedander

Can't have it both ways, graphics matter when GT4 looks better but not when it doesn't?

And as for the online thing, I bet online would have made GT4 a WAY better game overall, but it pretty much sold to who it was going to sell to, I don't know that many people that didn't buy GT4 cuz it was offline only....