Comparison Video: GT Sport vs Assetto Corsa vs Forza Motorsport 7

I own all 3, assetto corsa for ps4 and pc, forza for pc, and of course gtsport. If anyone cares about my opinion then here it is. All games played with logitech g29.

Gtsport looks the best, and what i can imagine will play the best with a controller. Limited content so far. No real customization other then the new livery editor. More focused for online play. Online only saves. This is NOT the gran turismo we are all used to.

Assetto corsa has a way better and more realistic feel, still looks GOOD, but just dont have the polish that gtsport and forza have. This goes for the ps4 AND pc versions. A much more realistic and hardcore racer. However lacks content. Not reccomended for controllers.

Forza 7 is just plain fun. It looks good, sounds good, tons of cars and tracks (including sebring!). More focused on american tracks and cars, which is no surprise turn 10 being an american developer. Great for car collecting, varity, fun, and modding cars. Part swaps, engine swaps and even drivetrain swaps. Its all around a solid simcade racer. Not need for speed, not assetto, but lots of fun can be had. Plays great with the g29 and i would imagine good controls and handling for controller users as well being a mainly console game.

I couldnt decide between the 3 so i own all 3 along with project cars 2. Each takes its own approach to sim style racing, for different kinds of players. More hardcore simracers on consoles will like assetto, though its not for the faint of heart. Forza for car collectors and people who like to work to build their cars and collections. GTS more of a mix of project cars with the classic GT feel. Almost like an assetto corsa for the masses.

EDIT: I should also note, all 3 have pretty terrible AI. Assetto did do an update that addressed this, but its still not great. GTS and Forzas AI are pretty bad as well. And forza 7 on pc has a long way to go to be properly optimized. I exceed their recommended settings, yet still have to put the settings fairly low to get a steady 60fps and even then ill get framerate drops. When bemchmarking it shows everything on ultra at 4k im getting a min of 30fps. In reality everything on med to high at 1080 gives so much framerate drops its nearly unplayable. (as in down to the 20s and teens). Turn 10 IS aware of this, and apparently part of the problem is a pretty bad memory leak, but it has yet to be fixed. Just things to keep in mind.

Last edited:
Overall I think GTS presents the best product here. AC looked great except for the trail cam I thought looked a bit ****. Not sure what's wrong with the sounds in FM7 bc it sounds canned and way over juiced to be 'in the vehicle' and more quiet outside of the vehicle, plus the jerky steering wheel mechanics and physics overall look a bit unrealistic and the track looked washed out. Just opinion.

Overall I think GTS presents the best product here. AC looked great except for the trail cam I thought looked a bit ****. Not sure what's wrong with the sounds in FM7 bc it sounds canned and way over juiced to be 'in the vehicle' and more quiet outside of the vehicle, plus the jerky steering wheel mechanics and physics overall look a bit unrealistic and the track looked washed out. Just opinion.
They are no less realistic than PD's product, to be honest. As for the jerkiness of the wheel, I'm wondering if that's down to the visible rotation being locked to something like 90 degrees. The sound output is definitely weird though, as you pointed out.

Call me crazy but I think forza 7 sounds the best out of the three. AC sounds too mute and GTS has way too much transmission whine. Forza addresses all that its loud and has the right amount of whine with engine noise.

AC looks horrific, the black is bloody brown! :odd: Sound is good, but the graphics and textures are awful.

Forza looks great, but the sound is awful (with this car at least). That's a poor attempt at a flat-6, the GTE car does have a high pitch but what the heck was that? :odd: Its like its revving 2,000 rpm above what it actually does.

GTS looks great as well, and the sound is decent. In car sounds better than external cam, but my God at least Polyphony understood the characteristics of a flat-6 and the general feel of a Porsche. Not the best, but its better than Forza.

AC and GTS win.

Last edited:
After watching the video, in my opinion, I think Assetto Corsa and
GT Sport sound the best, Forza 7 and GT Sport look the best
Forza 7 sounds would give you a migraine :)

I will try to be unbiased.

Personally I find the look of the car in AC incorrect in coloring. The idea of AC is great and personally the only competitor in a real SIM I find close to GT and before AC would be iRacing. The pc version brings the potential of mods and other interesting things. I give AC that one leg up being on a PC.

GT Sport is lacking content severely but what they have out now WORKS and is CLEAN. I agree the transmission noise is very loud but just fyi I find it extremely realistic. Idk if any of you have actually driven a gutted racecar but when I'm in these cars in GT it reminds me of my built miata racecar when I had the top up and the windows closed all I heard was my built 6 speed whining under power and engine braking and then the motor behind it. Alot of that whine is straight cut gears and you even hear the gear bang with you shift in the trans in GT. Its honestly the attention to detail of the little sounds you pick up in the real world that they threw into GT.

I honestly don't want to talk about Forza. I lost respect for the game when I saw the pit stop. Literally pales in comparison to GT Sport in detail.

I honestly don't want to talk about Forza. I lost respect for the game when I saw the pit stop. Literally pales in comparison to GT Sport in detail.
So much for Unbiased, I guess? Usually that means an attempt at a level comparison for all games :lol:

One thing that stands out the most between the three, is how flat the track seems to be in GTS. The other two games get a good bit of movement in the cockpit in comparison.

Last edited:
FM7 sounds like a racecar pity that the real car sound is the one AC has...
here tehre is the comparison with the real car too and you can hear how AC nailed the sound of the RSR better

The external sound is very close to AC.

00BF5836-13B8-4E09-96AD-E1F8D8F9C2CC.png

What are these lights called on the GT3 Cars? I love that these are eluminated in GT Sport when the car has its lights on. Great attention to detail.

I think Assetto Corsa handles the best and looks great. GT Sport looks great as well. Forza looks good too but is the worst outta all three in terms of handling in my opinion. It’s a bit arcade-like compared to the others. I really wish that this car was in Project Cars 2 though as well. I am happy the car is in al 3 titles too.

looks like AC didn't even know the right colour for the back end :confused:, it's red brown and not black like it should be.

AC looks horrific, the black is bloody brown! :odd: Sound is good, but the graphics and textures are awful.
It's a glitch that came with the last update. Some cars change colour to black too when they go away from the camera. This livery is on the 911 GT3 R too but I don't think it has this glitch and is the correct colour.

Hello this is my on the forms:gtpflag:and I dare you all to read the comment section in comparison because you really don't want to know

GTS on standard PS4 in time trial (without crowd and other off track details) vs Forza 7 on xbox X with full detailed track.... unfair comparison by motogamestv, but still GTS looks better
It was pointed out what each game was on, so I'm not sure what re-stating it is supposed to do. Forza's tracks dont change or remove things within the track, no matter the mode so if you have an issue with that take it up with PD. As for the track itself, the textures and tone seems pretty even across Forza and GTS. However, the lighting on the vehicles themselves, GTS looks top notch.

I will revise what I said previously after listening again . Forza 7 sounds decent with in car view and the shifting and transmission whine sound accurate but the engine sound dosent apunf

I will revise what I said previously after listening again . Forza 7 sounds decent with in car view and the shifting and transmission whine sound accurate but the engine sound dosent sound too good. Too high pitched. GTS has the better engine sound of the 3.

AC - just don't sound right... A bit "tinny", like it was recorded by someone chasing the thing.

GT Sport - Actually sounds like a race car! Trans noise is good and exhaust note is spot-on!

FM7 - Sounds like a hand-blender set on the highest speed trying to blend nuts and screws.

View attachment 698093 View attachment 698094
AC sounds far more right than the other two. I think you have a case of " hear what I want to hear".

Tran noise in GTS is exactly the same as every other car in GTS, so. Sounds nothing like the real car in cockpit view.

Back