Competition Soon???

• Thread starter RetroGiant
  • 38 comments
United States
Midnight City
RetroGiant
TheRetroGiant
I notice there are a decent amount of people with the game now, and already some amazing shots. My question is are there any competitions in the works??? I know there are others besides me that would really like to see what you guys come up with!! Any opinions or ideas???

I could start a competition, but I don't want to copy peoples ideas from the GT4 competitions, and I could not be able to maintain one.

i am one of those people who was thinking along those lines garnett. i will volunteer, however, i might need some training in banner making and whatnot. so if someone reading this will give me a quick tutorial for what i might need to know, that would be cool. otherwise someone else should jump on it. besides, even if it is a little early, it would give it time to grow or improve (or allow some time for me to get it down) before the populous floods in.

Well, if we do, I have plenty of time on the computer, but I'd want to be able to enter also. I think we could use and idea or two, or if people had capture cards, we could do like longest stoppie or longest wheelie :P If you guys need some one to host those comps and stuff, I'm your man, but I also want to enter.

The easiest way to let yourself enter would be to say the first two weeks, there's no Top 10/20, every entry gets in the poll. Third week we'd start into the normal "winner picks theme/top" routine.

I'd say wait a bit for a comp though, to let people either get the game or advance a bit further.

SlipZtrEm
I'd say wait a bit for a comp though, to let people either get the game or advance a bit further.

i dont think so. i think we can hold small competitions now. i agree with your first statement, but i think we are ready. what do you mean by advance further? with photo skills? or with game completion? both are irrelevant anyway.

I meant in the game completion, though I suppose you're right. I'm hovering slightly over 80% complete and I've only played it for three days, but I guess there's enough choices in Arcade Mode if people haven't progressed very far in TT Mode.

im at like 25 percent and i think there are plenty of options. i say we could start a small comp for now.. besides, i need some new interest in this site since my galleries are getting long in the tooth and comments are way down. :indiff:

btw slip, it seems we are similar.

Thats what I was thinking as well. Nothing big as of right now, just a small open competition, everyone gets in, just to get things rolling.

I am certianly up for it. I have commented a few times in different places, waiting for a comp to start for TT. And I can make banners for anyone, but I don't have the time to run a comp. But I will be supportive of anything, as long as it's not outrageous or boring.:)

PLmatt91
Well, if we do, I have plenty of time on the computer, but I'd want to be able to enter also. I think we could use and idea or two, or if people had capture cards, we could do like longest stoppie or longest wheelie :P If you guys need some one to host those comps and stuff, I'm your man, but I also want to enter.

should we get this ball rolling with matt then? all in favor say I. just for the record :dopey:

Tuff - Photo comp, not racing comp ;).

I can throw some banners together in a day or two, and I may be able to help with the comp for the first couple weeks until we get a more permanent steward :)

SlipZtrEm
Tuff - Photo comp, not racing comp ;).

I can throw some banners together in a day or two, and I may be able to help with the comp for the first couple weeks until we get a more permanent steward :)

thank you slip for your assertiveness. would you do that? im really trying to push this early photocomp for action. that would help. i will be willing to help any way you feel suited.

SlipZtrEm
I could be a co-steward :dopey:! Although I'd prefer it if everyone waited until a little bit after the PAL release…

Could we really cut people like greycap and sejtur out of the competitions, we must wait for the PAL release, and about the types of comps, there would be a few types sprouting up, the regular pic comp, the slightly altered pic comp, and the photoshop comp of who can put the most bikes in one pic with the most blur and create the most rice bike ever with a lightbar and siren and neon doing a stoppie with mickey mouse riding the bike.

440cuda9sec
Could we really cut people like greycap and sejtur out of the competitions, we must wait for the PAL release, and about the types of comps, there would be a few types sprouting up, the regular pic comp, the slightly altered pic comp, and the photoshop comp of who can put the most bikes in one pic with the most blur and create the most rice bike ever with a lightbar and siren and neon doing a stoppie with mickey mouse riding the bike.
Wow, that is probably the longest run-on sentence I've ever seen. I'm just bustin your chops 440:sly:. I would first start out with one comp, just to see how many people are interested in entering and to see if there are many people voting.

I think I can get into this...I need the inspiration. I think the comps help develop oyur photo style. I also like seeing others pics in the same thread...it really spices it up. Otherwise we will start seeing threads that could have been topics for a comp...like when gt4 first came out.

hey!!!!!, its not a damn run-on sentence if it has punctuation, i had that sentence approved my my english teacher. It could be divided up, but it can also be fine the way it is, lol, it'll work for now.

440cuda9sec
hey!!!!!, its not a damn run-on sentence if it has punctuation, i had that sentence approved my my english teacher. It could be divided up, but it can also be fine the way it is, lol, it'll work for now.
Your right, I didn't mean run-on, I meant more of just being too long. Anyways an average sentence should be no more than 15 to 20 words (yours is a little over 80). LOL, and if your english teacher approved it, your teacher needs to go back to school. Again, I'm just messin with ya, nothing personal :cheers:!

garnettrules21
Your right, I didn't mean run-on, I meant more of just being too long. Anyways an average sentence should be no more than 15 to 20 words (yours is a little over 80). LOL, and if your english teacher approved it, your teacher needs to go back to school. Again, I'm just messin with ya, nothing personal :cheers:!

HEY!!! Journey sucks. lol

440cuda9sec
HEY!!! Journey sucks. lol
LOL....Hey, now thats personal:lol:! I just checked out your GT4 gallery 440cuda....you got some really nice shots in there! You ever gonna come back and treat us with some more shots of GT4??

Back