• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 126 comments
8 - 6

• Subaru GR.3
  • Fiel map 1
  • Softs Front, Medium Back
  • Pit on lap 12
  • Change to Softs front and back
  • Put 8.4 Fuel (if you put 8.8, the Subaru might catch you and you won't pass him)
  • Come out in front with +1sec advantageB
  • By the time you're on the last lap, with around a 3.5 sec gap, change to fuel map 4 and coast to the finish line.

I did this and finished with a +2sec gap.

PS: don't break for the last corner. Just lift the throttle and shift to 5th gear.

Finally managed to complete the 8,6 race with gold as end result.
Unfortunately is 8.7 even worse, there is no way to end up first in this one.
I tried mapping fuel 4 so i only have to pit once without succes, any tips on doing this one?
Also using soft tires.

I tried mapping fuel 4 so i only have to pit once without succes, any tips on doing this one?
Also using soft tires.

Yup..after a bit of trial and lots of error

RS front and rear and set to map 6
Push as hard as you can to lap 11 then pit and put new RS and enough fuel for 11 laps
Keep map 6 and push hard again if you get hustled then on the last two laps move the map to 1/2 but you shouldn't need it

Any pointers for the 2-5 mission? The annoying N200 race. Golded all Driving School and all missions up until this one, it's driving me nuts! :D

Any pointers for the 2-5 mission? The annoying N200 race. Golded all Driving School and all missions up until this one, it's driving me nuts! :D

I used a standard Atenza Sedan XD and turned off transaction control it was a pretty easy win but a horrible car to drive :). One thing that may help is that most corners can carry quite a bit of speed, don't be afraid to push hard, the worst that can happen is you have to start over.

I used a standard Atenza Sedan XD and turned off transaction control it was a pretty easy win but a horrible car to drive :). One thing that may help is that most corners can carry quite a bit of speed, don't be afraid to push hard, the worst that can happen is you have to start over.

Yeah I just bought the 4C and it was a breeze :D. Was running in the dreaded Citroen before lol :P

Also using soft tires.
The porsche hybrid, from what I've noticed, hardly accelerates while turning. You have to be completely straight to get the full package.

8 - 6

• Subaru GR.3
  • Fiel map 1
  • Softs Front, Medium Back
  • Pit on lap 12
  • Change to Softs front and back
  • Put 8.4 Fuel (if you put 8.8, the Subaru might catch you and you won't pass him)
  • Come out in front with +1sec advantageB
  • By the time you're on the last lap, with around a 3.5 sec gap, change to fuel map 4 and coast to the finish line.

I did this and finished with a +2sec gap.

PS: don't break for the last corner. Just lift the throttle and shift to 5th gear.

This worked perfectly!

Accidentally fueled to 9.2 and had to break the draft on the straights after I passed the WRX. Finished with .2sec gap.

Thank you!

This worked perfectly!

Accidentally fueled to 9.2 and had to break the draft on the straights after I passed the WRX. Finished with .2sec gap.

Thank you!

Glad my post helped you get through it. :)

ps: got a McLaren 12C for finishing all the challenges with silver :grumpy: and the MINI VGT for gold :indiff:

I'm gutted. 100%. Like... there's a level of just... disappointment I've experienced.

Been trying Mission 8-6 for a while now, and came here for help. Bought the WRX, my preferred choice of the Evo just wasn't working.
Ran a variation on the no pitting strategy where I'd sit behind the McLaren and draft until he pit on fuel map 6, then switch to map 4 and finish the race on 4. Hard tires.

It worked up to the point where the AI WRX and Viper caught me, because I am in no way good enough for a different strategy when I can at best catch the Corvette and Huracan. So, I have to resort to the usual anti-rabbit shenanigans; block. And block I did, right to the part where in the short part before turn three on the final lap I get hit by the Viper as I move down to shut the door on the inside.

I lose my line, correct and boost the fuel map to 1 to get a good enough exit so I can block on the straight. I get a good run, not sure if the AI hit each other when the Viper hit me, but as I'm sailing toward the line... the fuel runs out.

I try to stay between the now side-by-side WRX and Viper. Viper cuts low, WRX goes high and I block the WRX... the Viper passes me and wins by .152.

.152 is all it takes.

For 8-7, I found a way to cheese it.

Warning, that could also be exploited in multiplayer. It could also lead to a patch where you would be replaced on the track.

Basically, all you have to do is to cut the first chicane everytime. You'll get a 3 to 5-second penalty each time, but it's easily recovered in the second half of the track, especially in hairpins, even if you drive fast.

I did a 2 stop strategy, all the time in Fuel Map 1, with 7 laps of fuel at each stop. The tyre wear is pretty good on the Porsche so you can stay on Softs all the race. Ended up with a 12-second lead.

8-8 offer you the opportunity to choose and tune your car, you can spend Miles points to bump up the power of your favourite car. But the hardest thing is to not mess up on the Nordschleife. Penalties are brutal and hard to recover.

Last edited:
You can legitemitely and easily win this race by applying the correct race and pit strategy. If breaking race rules is your thing then why bother with GT Sport at all?
Legitimately, okay. Easily, that's not the case for everyone.

I've done this for a few reasons:
- The AI doesn't care about the rules and doesn't receive any penalty for cutting in front of you and making you spin or go out of the track. I'm not talking about 8-6 where the AI is clearly faster than you in straight lines (without drafting) and you're not allowed to tune your car. I've done this out of pure frustration after 3 failed attempts. All ended because the AI spun me out of the track.
- Cutting the Interlagos chicane is bending the rules, not breaking them. You still get a penalty for cutting - it's just that the game is lenient enough so you can recover the penalty very easily. If it gave you 10 seconds each time, or better, if the game would teleport you back on the track like some corners in the Nurb, that strategy won't work at all.
- This is against AI, you're not ruining the race of anyone else in the world. It's like glitching in a speedrun. Like I said, it's a "cheese" strategy, it's not meant in any way to be considered as legitimate - but for people who have trouble to win this race, it can help them.

Last edited:
Legitimately, okay. Easily, that's not the case for everyone.

I've done this for a few reasons:
- The AI doesn't care about the rules and doesn't receive any penalty for cutting in front of you and making you spin or go out of the track. I'm not talking about 8-6 where the AI is clearly faster than you in straight lines (without drafting) and you're not allowed to tune your car. I've done this out of pure frustration after 3 failed attempts. All ended because the AI spun me out of the track.
- Cutting the Interlagos chicane is bending the rules, not breaking them. You still get a penalty for cutting - it's just that the game is lenient enough so you can recover the penalty very easily. If it gave you 10 seconds each time, or better, if the game would teleport you back on the track like some corners in the Nurb, that strategy won't work at all.
- This is against AI, you're not ruining the race of anyone else in the world. It's like glitching in a speedrun. Like I said, it's a "cheese" strategy, it's not meant in any way to be considered as legitimate - but for people who have trouble to win this race, it can help them.

Clearly we don't agree and that's OK but just so you understand, deliberately and consistently cutting corners (exceeding track limits) is absolutely breaking racing rules.

Hi guys... does anyone have tips for stage 8-7? Tires, fuel map, pit stop strategy? what lap times should i try to achive?

Push as hard as you can to lap 11 then pit and put new RS and enough fuel for 11 laps
Keep map 6 and push hard again if you get hustled then on the last two laps move the map to 1/2 but you shouldn't need it

Lap times should be around low 1:24 mark (if I recall correctly)

Lap times should be around low 1:24 mark (if I recall correctly)

Thanks... Will try tomorrow. Just finished 8-8, my brain is exausted.

Edit: Just got the win with this strategy, one slighty change, i used fuel map 5 instead of 6. The first time i used fuel map 6 but was having trouble to reach low 1:24 lap times, ended finishing 3rd. When i did the pit stop i noticed i stil had around 3 laps of fuel. So for a 2nd run i change fuel map to 5, and now was doing mid 1:23 lap times with fresh tires and low to mid's 1:24 when getting worn tires.

When the Ai left the pit from the second stop i had a 16-17 seconds advantage, but man they were chewing thru very fast, finished with just a couple seconds lead.

Last edited:
Any tips for 3-7? Been trying to reach the gold for literally 2-3 hours but for some reason I just can't reach it. Been really close a few times but often end up getting barely grazed by the AI and that sends me spinning out of track :(.

I'm using the 458 GR.3. Any other cars recommended?

Hi,

my strategy for 8-7:
Race Medium all time, FuelMap 1. Pit at end of lap 8, refuel 7 laps, 2nd pit at end of lap 15, refuel 7 laps. Easy win with a gap of 5 sec. to 2nd place, no need for cutting chikanes or other cheatings.....

Tried a onestopper before with FuelMap 4, pit at end of lap 10, race hard. No way to win.

D.

Any tips for 3-7? Been trying to reach the gold for literally 2-3 hours but for some reason I just can't reach it. Been really close a few times but often end up getting barely grazed by the AI and that sends me spinning out of track :(.

I'm using the 458 GR.3. Any other cars recommended?

Oh well .. seems like as soon as I post in this thread looking for tips, I beat the mission :D.

458 did the job in the end .. but man! AI have zero chill in this race !

8-7 strategy from what I remember:
-Racing Hards the whole time
-Fuel map 4/5 (I forgot) until lap like 18/19 then switch to 3 or less depending on how your fuel situation is
-One stop on lap 11 (I did new tires, though I don't remember if you could go the distance on one set)
-Do not focus on getting the best line, just be sure to get the car straight asap in low gears
-Try to overtake slower cars, or even LMPs with very late braking

I just completed 8-6 and omg was it hell. I did what the introduction video did
Soft front and back
Traction control 0
Turn off all assist
Auto drive, asm, countersteering assist,
Abs

Fuel 1
Pit at 9 laps going into10
Must be in 4th place or better before pitting in. If not reset
Fill up to the max
Change tires to medium
Should end up in last place but drive perfect to catch up

At around lap 12 everyone ahead of you should be pitting in and you will go to first place
Note if anyone is ahead of you that already pit in and is in top 3 you F up.

Now all you have to do is drive perfectly and block them from passing you. In the last turn after every check point don't break and don't go to far to the left when trying to block them this is your corner and should be a guarantee for you.

I just completed 8-6 and omg was it hell. I did what the introduction video did
Soft front and back
Traction control 0
Turn off all assist
Auto drive, asm, countersteering assist,
Abs

Fuel 1
Pit at 9 laps going into10
Must be in 4th place or better before pitting in. If not reset
Fill up to the max
Change tires to medium
Should end up in last place but drive perfect to catch up

At around lap 12 everyone ahead of you should be pitting in and you will go to first place
Note if anyone is ahead of you that already pit in and is in top 3 you F up.

Now all you have to do is drive perfectly and block them from passing you. In the last turn after every check point don't break and don't go to far to the left when trying to block them this is your corner and should be a guarantee for you.

OMG it worked! I accidentally pitted on lap 10 instead of 9, decided to go for 10.6 of fuel to compensate the time. Got out just behind the WRX and managed to overtake it in a couple of laps. Then it was a matter of holding my position, hard of the straights easy on the corners.

Coming closer to winning 8-6 with Atenza - last night came 3 seconds behind the leading pack. I'll stick with the same strategy :

Start with medium tires, pit after 12th lap putt mediums again and refuel 9.5 litters (finishing on barely any fuel)

Just need to be more consistent on the slow corner and I should get it.

If that fails I'll start with hard tires, lower fuel map then putt softs on and hammer to the end.

Hey guys i just finished the challenge 8-6 yesterday and and want to leave here my strategy, maybe this can help some of you guys.

Strategy:
I used the Toyota FT-1 VGT (Gr.3)
Started with soft tires on rear and back
Drafted all cars until reach on Corvet and Huracan
Still draft one of them until 9 LAP and then go PIT
Change to Medium Tires, and fuel up to 12 Laps
Go fast as you can to overtake the top 2 cars before they leave the pit
Just be carefull and don't let Impreza overtake you guys, and it's done.

I hope this help.

My strategy on golding Interlagos 30 min was by starting with RH tires and fuel map at 4. Do not shortshift while racing. Once you enter 1st where the lead is pitting in, carefully watch out for 2nd position to fully pit out, then run hard (consider fuel map at 1) until you pit in for full refuel. Change tires to RS, but fuel map must be at 4 again. Catch up slowly and you'll soon see the TS050 leader who should be approachable. Now it is important to catch it pitting in in the last 8 min, as that is when you must quickly follow to pit in at the same time. Change to RS tires, refuel as you would not have enough to complete the race, but exit before they finish refueling to overtake it. This puts you at a 8-6 second advantage which is enough time to keep yourself ahead from the demonic Toyota LMP till the timer finishes. Fuel map can now be at 1 afterwards, and you should be able to finish the race at 8% fuel.

This strategy can only afford to take one mishap, so please consider TCS. It generally takes 21 laps, but everyone will pit in 3x all the time.

Back