Complete GT Sport Mission Challenge Listing

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 126 comments
8-8 is easy.

Just set your Fuel map to 6 (lean) and run the whole race. On the last lap, you can drop the fuel map to 1.

Edit: Welcome to GTPlanet!
Alternatively, spend Mileage Points to upgrade your car to max performance, set the power and weight to maximum.

I used the Porsche RSR, with RM/RH for the first stint and RH/RH for the second. Fuel Map 1 all the way.

Won by about 30 seconds.

8-3: Race (3 Lap) Fittipaldi VGT @ Tokyo C I (One Make)

This one can be cheesed, simply wallride your way to the lead and slow down for penalties afterwards.

I did that one cleanly. The Fittipaldi has an insane amount of grip you can abuse.
I did it cleanly the first time (it's not a hard challenge), but lost a day of Mission progress last night and had to do it again.

I also had to do 8-6 again but that's an easy one for me :mischievous:

Hi there, a bit of strategy involved with golding Stage 8-6, as well as lots and lots of left turns

The following tips are one method which worked for me golding it

- using Subaru WRX Gr.3
- all default car settings
- default ABS
- all other assists off
- start with RH tyres
- start with fuel map 4

- first corner brake around 100m mark, shift to 4th
- last corner slight lift off, no brakes, shift to 5th, full throttle
- drive smoothly, drafting as much as possible at every available opportunity

- pit end of lap 10 (should have just below half tank fuel left)
- change to RM tyres, fuel for 13 laps (or fuel to 3/4 mark on the fuel gauge)
- change to fuel map 2 when exiting pit

- will be exiting pit at position 16
- will be just ahead of the other rocket Subaru when it exit pit on lap 12
- will be 1st at start of lap 13

- drive smoothly, keep checking mirror for where other rocket Subaru is
- last 5 laps, make your car as wide as possible ie apply a few doses of gentle sportsmanship blocking the rocket Subaru as it stars drafting you
- fuel tank will be just about empty at the checkered flag
- and watch out for a fast approaching Dodge Viper that might steal your win

Cheers. Hope the tips above and videos below help

This works perfectly!! Thank you!!
But did you really start with RH? I did RM + RM and had no trouble.
I also did a little mistake and only fuelled 12.5 so I had to play a bit with fuel map for a couple of laps (increase to 4 when far ahead of rocket, decrease to 1 when he approached) but still managed to run smoothly and finish with a few seconds margin.

Again, thanks a lot!

BTW 8-4 is a nightmare!! ahhhh i wanted to punch the steering wheel so bad lol
those AI kamikazes really get on my nerves... eventually i did it!

Last edited:
Took me about 800 miles on the WRX and GTI combined ... but finally beat this damned 8-6 challenge. Every race, I was either taken out, or I made a mistake (like, I was in first place and hit "no refuel" by accident, or I didn't stop the refuel and wasted several seconds going to full). I tried different methods (no refuel with map to 6 and lots of blocking, pitting on 9, pitting on 12), different cars (GTI, where I pitted on 9, but then ran out of fuel when I was in first place on the final lap) ...

Finally, I did WRX, map 1, RS front RM rear, pit on 12, fuel to just over 10 laps. I was in top three (maybe first or second?) when I pitted, then climbed back. Several times I did this and could not get back to first, because I had no help drafting and the other WRX was in first, and I just couldn't catch it.

On my final time through, just like previous ones, I was in first and got taken out ... but this time, I miraculously went sideways and then got it straight in time to block the Viper on the outside, giving me enough of a cushion to get back in front, and finish the final lap ahead, flipping off that jerk in my rearview mirror, my hands gripping the TS300 wheel as tight as I could, as I called that WRX and Viper every name I could think of.

DONE.

(All I have left for all-gold completion is the Ring in both circuit experiences and the 7-* challenges.)

8 - 6

• Subaru GR.3
  • Fiel map 1
  • Softs Front, Medium Back
  • Pit on lap 12
  • Change to Softs front and back
  • Put 8.4 Fuel (if you put 8.8, the Subaru might catch you and you won't pass him)
  • Come out in front with +1sec advantageB
  • By the time you're on the last lap, with around a 3.5 sec gap, change to fuel map 4 and coast to the finish line.

I did this and finished with a +2sec gap.

PS: don't break for the last corner. Just lift the throttle and shift to 5th gear.

Worked for me! Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
6-8 (Porsche 911 at Lago Maggiore)

• Start in Fuel Map 6
  • Pit on Lap 14
  • Change to RS, 100% fuel.
  • Fuel Map 1
  • Pit on Lap 21
  • Change to RM, 100% fuel.
  • Fuel Map 3 to finish.
Final time: 1hr 3min, won by 54 seconds.

Had my first attempt at this and ran out of fuel on lap 13; Also, remained in 20th position the whole way and was losing time to the leaders... need to significantly improve my driving if I am to gold this.

I found you don't really need to overthink that one. Just keep it in max power mode and chase down the leaders, pit when you need to.

The only fuel management I did was to try and squeeze another full lap out if it looked like I would run dry half way round the circuit. I ran on RMs and pitted 4 or 5 times I think? For some reason on the last stint I changed to RH, but I didn't need to. Had a 30 second lead by the last pitstop, which dropped to 20 seconds as I became a bit cautious towards the end.

Had my first attempt at this and ran out of fuel on lap 13; Also, remained in 20th position the whole way and was losing time to the leaders... need to significantly improve my driving if I am to gold this.

Did you do the circuit experience yet?

Any tips for mission 8-5: Endurance Race (10 Lap). What car to use and tyres and how much fuel when pit, thank you.

Any tips for mission 8-5: Endurance Race (10 Lap). What car to use and tyres and how much fuel when pit, thank you.

Hi, For Stage 8-5, the following worked for me. I didn't use fancy strategy, just drove flat out fast and smooth, using throttle lift-off with minimal braking to slow down for most bends, instead of hard braking (to keep car momentum high)

- using Porsche 911 GT3 RS
- default ABS
- all other assists off
- start with SS tyres
- start with fuel map 1

- pitted at end of lap 5
- changed to fresh SS tyres
- re-fuel to 91%
- stayed with fuel map 1 (at race end, just a bit of fuel left over)

- draft as much as possible at every available opportunity

These videos show the racing line i used, hope they help. All the best mate, good luck

Last edited:

You can use race softs/fuel map 1, drive the wheels off the car and pit every 6 laps.

You can use race softs/fuel map 1, drive the wheels off the car and pit every 6 laps.

Thanks for the tip... will give it a crack for first.
I managed 8th which got me silver, but am after gold

Edit:
Thanks dude... came first quite easily with your advice... with a mid race ramming spin out and sloppy driving towards the end... awesome!

Last edited:
Hi, For Stage 8-5, the following worked for me. I didn't use fancy strategy, just drove flat out fast and smooth, using throttle lift-off with minimal braking to slow down for most bends, instead of hard braking (to keep car momentum high)

- using Porsche 911 GT3 RS
- default CABS
- all other assists off
- start with SS tyres
- start with fuel map 1

- pitted at end of lap 5
- changed to fresh SS tyres
- re-fuel to 91%
- stayed with fuel map 1 (at race end, just a bit of fuel left over)

- draft as much as possible at every available opportunity

These videos show the racing line i used, hope they help. All the best mate, good luck

Many tnanks GTP_Ezza75, will try tomorrow night 👍.

Mission stage 8-8, 4 laps Nurburgring nordschleife, Gr3 cars - I got gold with a total time of 35 minutes. If you look at the top 10 players, the top guy did it in 26 minutes!! Is that believable? What's the story, does anybody know? I'm thinking maybe in a Gr1 LMP1 car which you can't use...

Toughest one that shouldn't be toughest is:

8-6: Endurance Race (15 Minute) Gr.3 Garage Car @ Blue Moon Bay - Simply because no car I seem to pick has the ponies to compete with the top 3 cars (yet) :lol:

Jerome

Made it on Saturday. Almost everyone recommend the Subaru way.
Decided to make a run with the most powerful gr. 3 on my garage, the Viper.
Started with the fuel map set to 6, got bored after 3 laps, set the map to 1, soon was ahead of the field, pitted to fuel and tires when needed, dropped to 7th, reached the leadership again soon. Won by about 2 seconds easily.

After that watched some videos of people going the no pitstop way with the Subaru. TBH seemed much harder that way.
Must try with another gr. 3 just to check if it is a Viper thing or not.

Only strategy I could recommend is use the corners to break the slipstream of the chasers.

Ok, 6-7 is doing my head in - I loathe GT's rally stages at the best of times, but this test seems disproportionately difficult - I'm using the Quattro as it's the only Gr.B car I have but I don't want to spend 500,000 Cr. just to gold this lousy mission...

Ok, 6-7 is doing my head in - I loathe GT's rally stages at the best of times, but this test seems disproportionately difficult - I'm using the Quattro as it's the only Gr.B car I have but I don't want to spend 500,000 Cr. just to gold this lousy mission...
Give me a half hour and I'll send an unlisted video showing you how to do it.

Revision for the Nürburgring Meister Challenges (Stage 7)

You can now use a Garage Car instead of having to use the cars in the brackets on each of the challenges.​

I don't know if there is a dedicated thread for posting record laps for driving school, mission challenges, and circuit experience so I'll put this here.
Here's my world record lap as of August 3rd (possibly still now. I haven't gotten a chance to check) for mission 1-3 Tokyo City Battle.

The settings are automatic transmission, PS4 controller and countersteer assist off.

Give me a half hour and I'll send an unlisted video showing you how to do it.
This did the trick 👍

I didn't realise you could tune cars on certain Missions like this - I was tearing (what's left of my) hair out trying to win this using a stock Audi Quattro.

The following Mission (6-8: 30 lap endurance at Lake Maggiore) was fun but frustrating - it is also the first >1hr race I've lost on GT IIRC...

I opted for a 2-stop strategy which involved Hard tyres and 100% re-fuels (10 laps) at the end of lap 10 and 20 - but I made a couple of small mistakes and ended up losing the race by 5.5 s. The biggest 'mistake' was arguably not my fault - I was passing a backmarker who was hogging the racing line, so I went round the outside only to run over a cone that was in the middle of the track, and it sent me spinning off straight into the barrier - it cost me at least 6 seconds. I've never seen that happen before - may be the game physics have changed, because every other time I've hit a cone it just flies into the air.

I reckon a better strategy is to go for a combo of Mediums and Softs, and to 3-stop. I tried it last night but ended up rage-quitting after getting rear-ended by the AI and punted into the gravel.

Okay at this point I'm going to say 8-6 isn't possible :lol: I've tried for a little over 3 hours on it and I can't complete the race. I would've won plenty of times if it was a 20 lap race, but it's 15 minutes and requires 21 laps (AI leader crosses the line on lap 20 with 10 seconds left). Either I run out of gas from lack of drafting or my tires are garbage T1 @ lap 21. The 'best' car I've found so far (which I'm sure isn't the best car for this) is the VW Gr.3. I've tried full races on RH, RH pit to RS, full race on RM and finally RM pit to RS tires.

I'm open to car suggestions, otherwise pray for a patch, lol.

Jerome
I'm assuming this has been patched, since you had me worried about this level - but I just completed it without a problem, even though I know for a plain fact that you are a considerably faster driver than I am! (as I recall from SFGTP2... which was 11 years ago, by the way!! :eek:)

Is it likely to have something to do with the BOP stuff (which I know very little about)?

I'm assuming this has been patched, since you had me worried about this level - but I just completed it without a problem, even though I know for a plain fact that you are a considerably faster driver than I am! (as I recall from SFGTP2... which was 11 years ago, by the way!! :eek:)

Is it likely to have something to do with the BOP stuff (which I know very little about)?
The AI was toned down in an update. It was indeed brutally difficult before, to the point that my mediocre tutorial got a ton of attention on youtube. :lol:

Back