**COMPLETED** SNAIL-Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge: Season 1 Champion: Rob Brown

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 1,627 comments
I am in for this race. It should be fun and pretty crazy.

Also, if one person smacks the wall and it takes out the people behind that is just a part of racing. Running away from something that hasn't actually happened yet is not going to make you a better driver nor will it help you to learn how to avoid those types of accidents. People can only get better with their race craft and understanding by dealing with the worst just as much as they deal with the best. Don't read into this as a rude comment, it is just honesty. Any track instructors will tell you the same thing.
]
You do make a good point and I wont take it as rude.. I would like to say that on this track that it is so narrow there just isn't anywhere to go to avoid. On any other track I'd agree with your statement but in this instance I don't agree. I can't ever remember a race at any of the Tokyo layouts where I went wow that was amazing incident free racing let's do it again.

]
You do make a good point and I wont take it as rude.. I would like to say that on this track that it is so narrow there just isn't anywhere to go to avoid. On any other track I'd agree with your statement but in this instance I don't agree. I can't ever remember a race at any of the Tokyo layouts where I went wow that was amazing incident free racing let's do it again.

We have had several clean tokyo races over in the ARL league. One of which claimed a 3 way drag race to the finish line.

I get it though. It is indeed a tough and narrow track. But it's not that one can't avoid things there. It's learning when and where those things can and usually do happen. It takes a lot of pre-judgement of your fellow competitors and reading traffic. Yes, things will happen that you are just in bad luck position and nothing can be done about it. The majority or my races there have been pretty fine.

D2 live streaming

This was from last night's Tokyo race (well all of em but watch Tokyo). It's D2 which has some skilled fast drivers. Just watch the tail end of the field. I was responsible for the exact type of incident I was describing. Missed a spot spanked the wall and at least the guy behind me was caught up. I feel like this is the norm for this track and outstanding incident free races are the minority.
Edit- forgot to add I'm not trying to dissuade anyone from racing at this event. I'll just be happy to watch you from someones stream.

This was from last night's Tokyo race (well all of em but watch Tokyo). It's D2 which has some skilled fast drivers. Just watch the tail end of the field. I was responsible for the exact type of incident I was describing. Missed a spot spanked the wall and at least the guy behind me was caught up. I feel like this is the norm for this track and outstanding incident free races are the minority.
Edit- forgot to add I'm not trying to dissuade anyone from racing at this event. I'll just be happy to watch you from someones stream.
I see where your coming from, but Snail Sunday races are probably not a fair judgement. I say this because the races are sprint in nature and as such it's a mad dash for position and a sense of urgency that forces mistakes. With longer races, and this driver field who has proven the patience necessary to navigate this challenge is what made me consider this combo. I didn't put this track on the season schedule for the reasons you describe, but for an exhibition of our series and drivers and the challenges it presents, I felt it would be fun and possibly be a highlight of our racecraft....or not...lol. Either way, it would be a good time racing on a Friday night.

Last edited:
***Attention All Porsche Cup Challenge Drivers***

Voting Needed for Race Night Format for Season Points Events
I was going to wait until Season 2 to make this change, however, I think it is worth putting to a vote to implement now.

I would like to propose a change to (2) 40 minute races (approx 20 laps each) for the remainder of Season 1. The first race grid would be set from qualifying, the 2nd race off reverse grid. Points for Race 1 would be face value of 16 for 1st on down and equal in points to the total that could be earned for the first 2 races in our current format. 2nd race would remain at face value points of 16 for 1st place on down. Total points possible to earn in a race night would remain 32, so it should have no adverse effect on our current standings. This would put our series format more directly in line with the real thing, and now that everyone seems to be getting acclimated to the longer races, this would allow a heated race to materialize that much further. Also, fuel should last the entire races, but will be low towards the end of the races.

For this proposal to be implemented, rather than just a majority, 100% of the Primary driver group must be in favor of the change. I do not want to rock the boat unless every single driver is in favor. Reserve drivers are asked to vote as well.

Simply "Reply" to this post, and answer:
"Change" to be in favor
or
"Leave alone" if not in favor

Any drivers who do not reply by the voting deadline will be considered in favor of the change. 1 vote against closes this proposal.

Voting opens as of this post, and the deadline is: this Monday, November 25th at 5pm est.

Thanks for everyone assistance and cooperation.
II-NOVA-II
👍= Change
(X)= Leave Alone

👍 @llNovall
👍 @thracerviewr
👍 @Rob Brown
👍@TEX36
👍 @GTP_Guido
👍 @basswerks1
@USERID_77a23
👍@nmcp1
👍 @Fudman420
👍 @pags
👍 @CPT_RowdyGiff
👍 @Phlano099
👍 @gulfvet67
👍 @Drummer79
👍 @Moby45
👍 @TomMang_68

RESERVE LIST (6)
@Noob01_lmdead
👍@DesertPenguin
@N38824r
@WildOne1976
@oharagbr19
@LightningFox
@Roman_GT23
👍 @SlvrOnyx

Last edited:

I was going to wait until Season 2 to make this change, however, I think it is worth putting to a vote to implement now.

I would like to propose a change to (2) 40 minute races (approx 20 laps each) for the remainder of Season 1. The first race grid would be set from qualifying, the 2nd race off reverse grid. Points for Race 1 would be face value of 16 for 1st on down and equal in points to the total that could be earned for the first 2 races in our current format. 2nd race would remain at face value points of 16 for 1st place on down. Total points possible to earn in a race night would remain 32, so it should have no adverse effect on our current standings. This would put our series format more directly in line with the real thing, and now that everyone seems to be getting acclimated to the longer races, this would allow a heated race to materialize that much further. Also, fuel should last the entire races, but will be low towards the end of the races.

For this proposal to be implemented, rather than just a majority, 100% of the Primary driver group must be in favor of the change. I do not want to rock the boat unless every single driver is in favor. Reserve drivers are asked to vote as well.

"Change" to be in favor
or

Any drivers who do not reply by the voting deadline will be considered in favor of the change. 1 vote against closes this proposal.

Voting opens as of this post, and the deadline is: this Monday, November 25th at 5pm est.

II-NOVA-II

@llNovall
@thracerviewr
@Rob Brown
@TEX36
@GTP_Guido
@basswerks1
@USERID_77a23
@nmcp1
@Fudman420
@pags
@CPT_RowdyGiff
@Phlano099
@gulfvet67
@Drummer79
@Moby45
@TomMang_68

RESERVE LIST (6)
@Noob01_lmdead
@DesertPenguin
@N38824r
@WildOne1976
@oharagbr19
@LightningFox
@Roman_GT23
@SlvrOnyx

Change

"Change" to be in favor
or

II-NOVA-II
👍= Change
(X)= Leave Alone

👍 @llNovall
@thracerviewr
@Rob Brown
👍@TEX36
@GTP_Guido
@basswerks1
@USERID_77a23
@nmcp1
@Fudman420
@pags
@CPT_RowdyGiff
@Phlano099
@gulfvet67
@Drummer79
@Moby45
@TomMang_68

RESERVE LIST (6)
@Noob01_lmdead
@DesertPenguin
@N38824r
@WildOne1976
@oharagbr19
@LightningFox
@Roman_GT23
👍 @SlvrOnyx
Change

"Change" to be in favor
or

II-NOVA-II
👍= Change
(X)= Leave Alone

👍 @llNovall
@thracerviewr
@Rob Brown
👍@TEX36
👍 @GTP_Guido
@basswerks1
@USERID_77a23
@nmcp1
@Fudman420
@pags
👍 @CPT_RowdyGiff
👍 @Phlano099
@gulfvet67
👍 @Drummer79
👍 @Moby45
@TomMang_68

RESERVE LIST (6)
@Noob01_lmdead
👍@DesertPenguin
@N38824r
@WildOne1976
@oharagbr19
@LightningFox
@Roman_GT23
👍 @SlvrOnyx

Change

Change.
I put some thought into this before replying. Gone will be the half points from the averaging of race 1and race 2. (The only side effect is at the end of season one there could be people with half points? No biggie.) I’m in favor of the change because 2 races instead of 3 means more time on the track.
Additional thoughts: Maybe a side effect is that there will be more points between the faster and slower guys. What I mean is, the fast guys are going to qualify high and finish high. Then the reverse grid has them start at the back and make a bunch of passes (to gain points). The three race format had fastest first, reverse grid, reverse grid -> that may have mixed up the points a little bit more? I don’t know whether to regard the ramifications of the proposed change to be positive or negative but I just love the battles that have been going on in this cup.

Change.
I put some thought into this before replying. Gone will be the half points from the averaging of race 1and race 2. (The only side effect is at the end of season one there could be people with half points? No biggie.) I’m in favor of the change because 2 races instead of 3 means more time on the track.
Additional thoughts: Maybe a side effect is that there will be more points between the faster and slower guys. What I mean is, the fast guys are going to qualify high and finish high. Then the reverse grid has them start at the back and make a bunch of passes (to gain points). The three race format had fastest first, reverse grid, reverse grid -> that may have mixed up the points a little bit more? I don’t know whether to regard the ramifications of the proposed change to be positive or negative but I just love the battles that have been going on in this cup.
Great points to bring up, and many of which were why I had the format built in that way. I was on the fence for a while as in regards to this proposal, however, given how close the pace is now in the field, passing through on the second races have shown to be more difficult than originally anticipated....which is good. I think the challenge will still be there in race 2, but may present a bit more stress to the frontrunners to hold the positions to the end. Also, the 3 race format started showing a trend: race one top qualifiers finished near the top/starts at back for race 2, finishes mid pack to around 5th place/starts race 3 somewhere between 6th and 11th for the big points race giving them better odds and less passes to make to achieve the bigger points.
Lastly, a side note from this past Event race 3, while basswerks1 got to the front early, his pace was in the hi 23's low 24's for majority of the race and came under constant attack, and yet was still able to hold it down for the win. This series has done exactly what I had hoped...create as much close quarters racing as possible while presenting a constant challenge to all drivers, especially the known faster drivers.
Thanks again for the input and thoughts:cheers:

Last edited:
Last edited:
basswerks1 got to the front early, his pace was in the hi 23's low 24's for majority of the race and came under constant attack, and yet was still able to hold it down for the win. This series has done exactly what I had hoped...create as much close quarters racing as possible while presenting a constant challenge to all drivers, especially the known faster drivers.
Thanks again for the input and thoughts:cheers:

Yes very true. 23's and 24s are what I am running constantly in the servers on hards(more in the 23s) Which means that his pace was great and that between gold and platinum the races were close. Also good point on him holding his own. It was great consistency that helped him win that race. All those 23's&24's add up.

My race pace was 22's and 23's but it was hard to get up front so there were more 24's scattered in there. Which is why Bass' constant high 23's kept him up front.

For Drivers who confirmed to race for the Special Event at Tokyo this Friday:
Interest in the Special Event for this Friday looks to be light. If the 12 drivers needed to formally schedule the event is not met by 5pm est this afternoon, I will be cancelling the event and will host a practice session for our next Event at Barcelona instead. I'll keep everyone posted.

👎👎👎
For Drivers who confirmed to race for the Special Event at Tokyo this Friday:
Interest in the Special Event for this Friday looks to be light. If the 12 drivers needed to formally schedule the event is not met by 5pm est this afternoon, I will be cancelling the event and will host a practice session for our next Event at Barcelona instead. I'll keep everyone posted.
Can’t make it to the special event this Friday.

Back