**COMPLETED** SNAIL-Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge: Season 1 Champion: Rob Brown

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 1,627 comments
Sometimes it's not so much tuning the car as much as it is just fixing the default setup PD uses for most cars. Just a couple tweaks to make it behave how you'd expect and Bob's your uncle đź‘Ť

Not a fan of tuning in the least. As a matter of fact I've never even gone to that screen in GTS. But... @llNovall is a pretty good salesman so, let's give this a solid try...

I have reviewed the Series Details and would like to compete in the Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge-presented by Snail. I would prefer to be assigned to a race team and issued a car livery and number by the Series Director.

Vote placed above to allow tuning. đź‘Ť
You have been placed on the Reserve Drivers List as the 1st Reserve (Platinum) driver. A PM with instructions on the Reserve policy will follow shortly. Welcome aboard.:cheers:

Race Night CONFIRMATION, ABSENTEE REPORTING, and PARTICIPATION POLICY

Driver "Race Night" confirmation policy
-A confirmation post with ALL drivers tagged will be posted in the main thread as well as a PSN conversation on the Wednesday of the week before a scheduled Race night
**All Drivers, primary and Reserve may "Early" confirm their attendance or availability at any time after the most recent Event.** (For Reserves, priority will be based on date and time availability was confirmed)
-All drivers tagged must confirm that they "will" or "will not" be racing by 5pm est Thursday (day before race night) to secure their grid spot or to adhere to the absentee policy.
-Any Primary drivers who fail to confirm their status for race night by 5pm est (Thursday) deadline will forfeit grid priority to confirmed Reserve Drivers for the night.
-If any primary drivers forget to confirm by the 5pm (Thursday) deadline , and grid spots are still showing open after available Drivers have been assigned, they may post their intention to race in the thread or via PSN by 9:00pm est with priority given based on time of post.
-Any left over open grid spots will be filled on a first come first serve basis when the room opens until the grid is full.
-Qualifying starts at 9:15pm est, with the race to start promptly at 9:30pm est.

Absentee and Reporting policy
As a courtesy and a series policy, anyone who knows they will be absent or thinks they will be absent for a race night, please report here in the thread by no later than 5pm est Thursday (day before race night). This will give myself and the Reserve drivers plenty of notice and time to prepare to keep race night on time and fill the grid as much as possible. With a report off, you will forfeit your primary grid spot for the night, however, if your plans change and you can make it last minute, and there are still open spots on the grid, you may proceed to enter and race.

*Any "NO REPORT/NO SHOWS" on race night will immediately forfeit their spot on the primary drivers list to a reserve driver for the remainder of the season. This also applies to drivers who confirmed their attendance and then did not show without notice prior to 5pm est of race day*

*!Any driver who confirmed attendance for race night and does not make their Race entry by
9:15pm est without prior notice that they will be late (by 9pm est) may be forced to forfeit the grid spot to a standby Reserve Driver for the night if the Reserve Driver enters the room to begin qualifying. The Primary driver must then post in the thread that they forgot/lost track of time/etc to adhere to the no report policy and maintain their primary grid spot for the season!* (No report/no show is grounds to forfeit your primary grid spot for the remainder of the season.)
IF YOU ARE GOING TO BE LATE TO MAKE YOUR ENTRY, PLEASE PM ME VIA GTPLANET OR PSN BEFORE 9PM, AND YOUR SPOT WILL BE HELD, or if there are still openings when trying to enter after the 9:15pm cut off, the primary driver may do so and maintain grid priority and begin qualifying for the remainder of the session.

**Also, any driver who misses 3 consecutive race nights "with" advanced notice will forfeit their spot on the primary drivers list to a reserve driver for the remainder of the season.**

With smartphones, computers, playstations, etc...there should be no reason that any absence could not be reported. Please confirm your status or report your absence as soon as you know.

Race Night Participation Policy
Any drivers that confirm their attendance for Race night are holding a grid spot and committing to a full night of racing. For this series format to function the way it was intended, participation to the end of race night is extremely important. Therefore, any driver who leaves prior to the conclusion of race night will receive a mandatory 5 point penalty against the corresponding event's score.

Exceptions:
(If you disconnect during a race, please return to the room and wait out the remainder of that race. This will satisfy the above participation policy.)
[Life does dish out Emergency situations. If this occurs, please exit the race and post the message: "Emergency Exit Needed".]

This Policy begins from Event #2 through the remainder of the season.

Please remember that a grid spot was held for you to race when you confirm attendance, and there may be events later in the season that Reserve drivers want to race and are turned away due to priority being given to the primary drivers. Let's be sure that the grid spots we are holding are being used up for the night.

Thanks Fellas.

Last edited:
Reserve Driver/Driver for Hire process
As a driver on this Reserve list, you will be a stand in on any team for any absentee or unconfirmed drivers on the Primary Drivers list, and will be listed in order based on your league sign up date, however, priority is granted based on date/time you confirm for an upcoming event.
-Each team will have 1-2 additional liveries pre-created and available for use, and rendered for Gold or Platinum Class reserve drivers.
-the livery link of the livery/team you are racing for will be sent to you when established.

Policy for filling the grid with Reserve drivers when an absence is posted prior to race night.
-It is this series policy that absentee drivers post as soon as they know that they will be absent for race night to allow the Series Director and Reserve Drivers an early notice that there is an opening(s) on the grid. Posted absences by multiple drivers will obviously create multiple available grid spots.
-Each month, an "Absence Report Newsfeed" PM will be created and sent to all Reserve Drivers notifying the group of any Absence Reports posted during the month, and the need for them be filled. This will allow Reserve drivers early notice that they will be needed and should be prepared to race come race night.

-A confirmation post with ALL drivers tagged will be posted in the main thread by Friday of the week before a scheduled Race night.
**All Drivers, primary and Reserve may "Early" confirm their attendance or availability at any time after the most recent Event.** (For Reserves, priority will be based on date and time availability was confirmed)
-All drivers tagged must confirm that they "will" or "will not" be racing by 5pm est Thursday (day before race night) to secure their grid spot or to adhere to the absentee policy.
-Any Primary driver report offs prior to the 5pm est deadline will be immediately filled and covered by the highest priority Reserve driver (based on confirmation date and time), then the second, third, etc. Reserve drivers will use the Reserve team car livery of the corresponding driver they are covering for.
-Any Primary drivers who fail to confirm their status for race night by the 5pm est Thursday deadline will forfeit grid priority to remaining confirmed Reserve Drivers for the night.

-Shortly after 5pm est Thursday (day before race night), available reserve liveries of teams with vacancies will be issued as follows:
Highest priority Reserve Driver will be issued the team livery of the highest priority primary driver absent, and then down in that order.

*(In the rare instance that both drivers from a 2 driver team are absent, the Reserve livery and the livery of the lower priority primary driver will be used.)*

-Outfit your car with the livery issued to you.
-You will then be ready for Race night. You will qualify as a primary driver, earn points as a primary driver, and also points earned will count for the team you race with for the night.

Fulfillment of grid spots due to last minute report offs. (Between 5pm and 9pm est of race night)
* All confirmed drivers have until 8:30pm est on race night to "last minute" cancel/report an absence to maintain their primary driver status. For instances where this occurs, the following process will be used to fill last minute open grid spots.
1.) Remaining Reserve drivers seeking a spot for the night are asked and encouraged to be online and in game between 8:45pm-9:15pm est.
2.) A group PSN message will be sent to all Reserve Drivers who are online at 8:45pm est to solicite the last minute open grid spot(s).
3.) Reserve drivers who would like to fill the seat for the teams needed are asked to reply in this group message by 9:00pm est.
4.) The first "last minute" report off will be filled by the highest priority available Reserve driver to accept, then the second, and so on as needed.
5.) Reserve drivers who have accepted an entry for the night are to then outfit their car with the correct livery, verify their tires, and enter the race room by 9:15pm est as a primary driver for the night following the normal race night schedule.

**At 9:15pm est, all entries must be made and drivers ready.**v v v v v
-In the event there is an unfulfilled entry/open spot at 9:15pm est, a message will be posted to the Reserve driver PSN group that there is an opening with the team livery needing to be used.
-The first Reserve driver to reply will be issued a team and livery and must outfit their car and get into the race room as soon as possible and begin qualifying laps. (For multiple opening at 9:15pm est, 1st reserve will cover highest priority primary driver, then second, and on down as needed.) Be quick to reply if you want to race.
-If a "late" primary driver makes it to the race room after 9:15pm est, but before the Reserve driver covering him gets in, the primary driver will maintain the grid spot.

Link to all Available Reserve Driver Liveries
Platinum Class Reserve Driver Liveries
JDX Racing No. 3

TPC Racing No. 5
5917743111567573025_23.jpg

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gts...arLivery/livery/1138839/1/5917743111567573025

NGT Motorsport No. 27

Kelly-Moss No. 52

Flying Lizard Motorsports No. 81
8431399393240809504_23.jpg

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gts...arLivery/livery/1138839/1/8431399393240809504

ACI Motorsports No. 65
6053401962292970545_23.jpg

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gts...lery/all/livery/1138839/1/6053401962292970545
GOLD Class Reserve Driver Liveries
JDX Racing No. 3

TPC Racing No. 5
5765183680703104033_23.jpg

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gts...arLivery/livery/1138839/1/5765183680703104033

NGT Motorsport No. 27

Kelly-Moss No. 52

Flying Lizard Motorsports No. 81
4755814407237271585_23.jpg

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gts...arLivery/livery/1138839/1/4755814407237271585

ACI Motorsports No. 65
4909492046264304697_23.jpg

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gts...lery/all/livery/1138839/1/4909492046264304697

Last edited:
Sorry, was on the road headed toward Florida. Wont be around this weekend or week. Anyone who would like to get some lapping session rooms setup for the week or this upcoming weekend, feel free.

I tried spec and the instructed tune. I noticed no improvement in handling or lap times (Brands Hatch short circuit)
Try it on Barcelona. Dial down the camber to 2.0 front, 2 5 rear. Then set differential to 8 initial, 17 acceleration, 20 deceleration. I notice the car turns in predictably, and and on exit doesn't understeer as bad. See what you think

Try it on Barcelona. Dial down the camber to 2.0 front, 2 5 rear. Then set differential to 8 initial, 17 acceleration, 20 deceleration. I notice the car turns in predictably, and and on exit doesn't understeer as bad. See what you think

So did u decide to open tuning up

Yes sir, tuning will be open per the majority vote as of right now. We will run it that way for our next Exhibition night and if the majority remains for voting up to the Friday before the series start, it will be implemented for the series.

I'm going to apologise then I do not have the time to put the amount of practice it takes to be a successful tuner so if it does stay I will be withdrawing again I do apologise

I'm going to apologise then I do not have the time to put the amount of practice it takes to be a successful tuner so if it does stay I will be withdrawing again I do apologise
You don't have to as Nova provided a good tune that you can use without having any tuning knowledge. I plan slap that on the Porsche and hope for the best. It's all just for fun anyway. Arrive and drive :)

Sorry to see you pulling out. Again, I want to stress that tuning will not gain someone 3 seconds over the next guy, but more so, will allow everyone to reach their ceiling, and be more consistent at that pace. Also, we have a month between races. Even if you spent 20-30 minutes out of the whole month, you would find settings to help the car turn in better, or hold the line better on exit, or be more stable in general. That's all I have invested so far tuning the car and while I'm not much faster than stock, I am a ton more confident in the car allowing me to hit my times dead on. I hope you reconsider.
Also, when I get home from vacation, I will post my exact settings I have come up with for you all to try. They may not work for everyone's driving style, but they work well for me. JLBowler just posted in the main thread about racing with cars that are easier to drive, statisically, creates better racing over cars we have to fight to control. This 911 can be a handful in stock form, but with a few simple tweaks to the tune, it becomes a predictable treat to drive. I want us to all be able to get this car comfortable and confident to drive, so we can focus less at fighting the car and more at battling each other.

Last edited:
@Jw_wk1010 sorry to see you go man.I completely understand though.I really don't care for tuning,but may have to to keep up.We will see.
And that's exactly why I don't do tuning leagues I don't mind at all to get beat by better drivers but I can't stand losing to someone who is better at pushing buttons the adjustments on this game are no where near realistic enough and since I run my own store and work 80+hours a week I'm already at a huge disadvantage since I don't have the time to sit and run lap after lap to try and set up a car so I just don't do it lol

And that's exactly why I don't do tuning leagues I don't mind at all to get beat by better drivers but I can't stand losing to someone who is better at pushing buttons the adjustments on this game are no where near realistic enough and since I run my own store and work 80+hours a week I'm already at a huge disadvantage since I don't have the time to sit and run lap after lap to try and set up a car so I just don't do it lol
And you wouldn't have fun racing around with the other guys that don't put much if any time into tuning? Of which there are many. I think Nova and maybe a select few others are really going down the rabbit hole with this thing.

To each their own, but there's still good racing here that you'll be missing out on. :cheers:

Sorry to see you pulling out. Again, I want to stress that tuning will not gain someone 3 seconds over the next guy, but more so, will allow everyone to reach their ceiling, and be more consistent at that pace. Also, we have a month between races. Even if you spent 20-30 minutes out of the whole month, you would find settings to help the car turn in better, or hold the line better on exit, or be more stable in general. That's all I have invested so far tuning the car and while I'm not much faster than stock, I am a ton more confident in the car allowing me to hit my times dead on. I hope you reconsider.
Also, when I get home from vacation, I will post my exact settings I have come up with for you all to try. They may not work for everyone's driving style, but they work well for me. JLBowler just posted in the main thread about racing with cars that are easier to drive, statisically, creates better racing over cars we have to fight to control. This 911 can be a handful in stock form, but with a few simple tweaks to the tune, it becomes a predictable treat to drive. I want us to all be able to get this car comfortable and confident to drive, so we can focus less at fighting the car and more at battling each other.

I agree with you completely issue for me is like I was telling raw I run an oreilly store so I work 6-7 days a week at 80+ hours I also am on the bod with @TexasJDC and @Nick Cannella since we started our own series last year and now have three different leagues running off of it so I already race on any given week Mon Tues wed the special things on Friday sat and sun when I don't close the store plus so with snail and ARL which all u guys should really check out I can honestly say I have no extra time between the racing now my job and my wife and three kids so I just don't do them I can hop in a spec car run 5laps and be semi competitive u cannot do that in a tuning league 99percent of the time so I just don't do the

And you wouldn't have fun racing around with the other guys that don't put much if any time into tuning? Of which there are many. I think Nova and maybe a select few others are really going down the rabbit hole with this thing.

To each their own, but there's still good racing here that you'll be missing out on. :cheers:

Lol unfortunately a draw back of my personality is I'm really competitive so when I do something I do it to try and win not 5th not that I wouldn't enjoy the company but as far as the racing goes no I really wouldn't enjoy it as much as I should

And fellas, let's not forget, the tuning vote us ongoing until the week before the series start. I will be having at least 2 more Exhibition nights to trial run these things. Some may keep their votes for tuning, some may change to no tune, and some who were in favor of no tune may see that there isn't as much of a difference as they are perceiving. It's less about finding overall lap time and finding the consistency for better overall time and confidence to "race" the driver not the car.

And fellas, let's not forget, the tuning vote us ongoing until the week before the series start. I will be having at least 2 more Exhibition nights to trial run these things. Some may keep their votes for tuning, some may change to no tune, and some who were in favor of no tune may see that there isn't as much of a difference as they are perceiving. It's less about finding overall lap time and finding the consistency for better overall time and confidence to "race" the driver not the car.
And I forgot when I'm not sim racing or working I also race motocross and my son will be next season

Completely get it, but sorry to see you leaving the series, especially before it starts. I'll have you off the drivers list shortly.
@nmcp1, you will round out our top 16 primary drivers if that's ok with you.

Maybe it won't stay tuning lmao

Back