**COMPLETED** SNAIL-Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge: Season 1 Champion: Rob Brown

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 1,627 comments
Completely get it, but sorry to see you leaving the series, especially before it starts. I'll have you off the drivers list shortly.
@nmcp1, you will round out our top 16 primary drivers if that's ok with you.

That's fine.

While I did vote to allow tuning, I think my goal for this series will be to keep the car stock and see what happens. While I'm sure it may make some (small) differences to certain people, in the end I think most people will run to their personal max, regardless of what settings you use.

Remember folks, from what I've read we're talking at most a few tenths here and there and possibly having a slightly easier car to drive. A normally slower driver will not be blitzing a normally faster driver.

One other thing to note. I don't care what tuning you've done to your car, when you're 20 minutes into a 30 minute race, you will get tired and make mistakes. Whatever time you think you may gain with tuning will be negated. Personally, I will spend my time trying to figure out how to not run out of 'gas' towards the end of the night.... :cheers:

I agree with you completely issue for me is like I was telling raw I run an oreilly store so I work 6-7 days a week at 80+ hours I also am on the bod with @TexasJDC and @Nick Cannella since we started our own series last year and now have three different leagues running off of it so I already race on any given week Mon Tues wed the special things on Friday sat and sun when I don't close the store plus so with snail and ARL which all u guys should really check out I can honestly say I have no extra time between the racing now my job and my wife and three kids so I just don't do them I can hop in a spec car run 5laps and be semi competitive u cannot do that in a tuning league 99percent of the time so I just don't do the

I totally get where you're coming from you have a lot on your plate and dont have a lot of free time to tune so I can see why you're drawn to the Sunday SNAIL format of no tuning because you don't have to worry about tweaking this and that you just take it right out of the box and onto the track and run what you brung so to speak and nice job in the arl race last night I was impressed it was a difficult combo proply the hardest one to date by the way did you eat the period button on your keyboard or what because I've never seen you use one before

I totally get where you're coming from you have a lot on your plate and dont have a lot of free time to tune so I can see why you're drawn to the Sunday SNAIL format of no tuning because you don't have to worry about tweaking this and that you just take it right out of the box and onto the track and run what you brung so to speak and nice job in the arl race last night I was impressed it was a difficult combo proply the hardest one to date by the way did you eat the period button on your keyboard or what because I've never seen you use one before
Lol it's stuck.

Not a fan of tuning in the least. As a matter of fact I've never even gone to that screen in GTS. But... @llNovall is a pretty good salesman so, let's give this a solid try...

I have reviewed the Series Details and would like to compete in the Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge-presented by Snail. I would prefer to be assigned to a race team and issued a car livery and number by the Series Director.

Vote placed above to allow tuning. 👍
Since we had a drop off of the primary drivers list, you will be placed as our 16th primary driver.
You have been added to the drivers list as a (Platinum) Class Driver.
*Your selected race team is: ACI Motorsports
*Car No. 17 and associated livery for that number shown below. Welcome again.
6206058143674270241_23.jpg

Please add and save the livery from this link.
https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gts...lery/all/livery/1138839/1/6206058143674270241

And I forgot when I'm not sim racing or working I also race motocross and my son will be next season
I work a measly 40 hours a week and do 2 weekly lounges. After years of giving me grief, the wife has gotten accustomed to it [or has given up hope on me]. I can’t imagine trying to keep up with your schedule.

For those of you concerned about Tuning - GTS has a Tuning Forum. There are numerous “Garages”, and Individuals linked to their setups for many cars, including the 911 RSR.

Takes only a few minutes to record the settings and then enter as a separate setup from Spec.

As Nova said, the setups give the car a smooth and stable behavior - which gives the Driver more focus on racing than fighting thru corners.

Hope you will give it a try, and experience the benefit.

LIST OF AVAILABLE AND SHARED TUNING
A couple tunes I have come across from a few tuning garages in the GTS tuning forum. Try a couple different ones to see if any work for your driving style.
Jump_Ace's Tuning Garage

Jeje6410 GT Sport Tune Garage (updates regurlaly / 09/11/18)

Here is his tune by the numbers with mm to inch conversion for ride height
Screenshot_20190709-144539_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20190709-144530_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20190709-144643_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20190709-144651_Samsung Internet.jpg

PS_Messages_20190704_122307.jpg
20190707_013837.jpg
20190707_013845.jpg
Screenshot_20191015-115737_PS Messages.jpg
Screenshot_20191015-115743_PS Messages.jpg
20200602_000839.jpg
20200602_000845.jpg
Screenshot_20200104-230842_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20190718-043027_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20190718-042904_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20200515-155959_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20200515-160006_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20200515-234515_Samsung Internet.jpg
20200925_030129.jpg
20200925_030139.jpg
20200925_030145.jpg

**Adjusting front camber between 1.0-1.5 front and 1.5-2.0 helps get different feels of confidence. I settled on 1.3 front/1.8 rear** trans is always changed for track.
Also, remember to drop the vehicle weight to the car minimum of 2723lbs whether you decide to tune the car or not. We will be running as close to a real Cup Car weight as possible.

Last edited:
I have reviewed the Series Details and would like to compete in the Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge-presented by Snail.
Selected Team: JDX Racing
With Car No.: 27 pe
Using: (Personalized livery and number under selected Race Team)

Hi i don't know were i can have de JDXRacing logo in Granturismo so i can't finish my livery
Nova is on vacation right now. Give him a little time and he will get the information to you.

Hi i don't know were i can have de JDXRacing logo in Granturismo so i can't finish my livery

Send me a friend request I just reposted the logo in my activity feed. My PSN ID = TheRaceViewer

Edit: Actually I think we're already friends! So just check my activity feed.

A couple tunes I have come across from a few tuning garages in the GTS tuning forum. Try a couple different ones to see if any work for your driving style.
Jump_Ace's Tuning Garage

Also, remember to drop the vehicle weight to the car minimum of 2723lbs whether you decide to tune the car or not. We will be running as close to a real Cup Car weight as possible while tuning is being used and trialed.

I presume (cannot find statement to the contrary) that the HP is staying at 491 hp. Please advise

There u go
5053127847185482793_23.jpg
Hey,
Sorry it's taken so long for a reply. I will be sending an official welcome message specific for reserve drivers via PM. Your livery looks great, but will need some edits to meet the uniformity standards. Stand by.

Hey,
Sorry it's taken so long for a reply. I will be sending an official welcome message specific for reserve drivers via PM. Your livery looks great, but will need some edits to meet the uniformity standards. Stand by.
So u want that my livery look mush moore to the 11 car ???

So u want that my livery look mush moore to the 11 car ???
Hang tight, I'll send you a PM with all the reserve driver parameters, and give you a list of uniformity details for your livery with instructions on where to get decals. Have you gotten a division placement yet with Snail?

Last edited:
Jump_Ace's Tuning Garage

Also, remember to drop the vehicle weight to the car minimum of 2723lbs whether you decide to tune the car or not. We will be running as close to a real Cup Car weight as possible while tuning is being used and trialed.

I spent some time running at Suzuka with nova’s tune, JumpAce’s tune and JeJe’s tune. JeJe’s tune for me is a clear winner. (Also for Brands Hatch). It’s fast but easy and recoverable. JumpAce’s tune is exact to his description and if you accept it then it seems to be good. But times show it’s slow.
Still have to try Priano’s tune.

I'll check out JeJe's tune. He lowers the weight by 5% too. Did you notice it feeling too heavy with that tune or anything like that?

I'll check out JeJe's tune. He lowers the weight by 5% too. Did you notice it feeling too heavy with that tune or anything like that?
Make sure you take the weight to 2723. Will need to Upgrade the Weight modifier to level 5 and then reduce it as far as possible.

Hi LightningFox,
You have been added to the drivers list as a Reserve Driver, and will be racing as a Gold Class Driver. Please see your message box with information and instructions for reserve drivers. Welcome aboard.

Also, please note that CleanRacer of TOPPRacing will be absent for the season opener on August 16th. Please confirm your availability to race via pm.

Back